1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sugiyama Aika (AiAi) / 7th Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by ithebigc, Sep 22, 2016.

1. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48
    Hi all, been a long time. As most of you would know, Aiai unfortunately did not manage to rank in SSK2017.
    It's a bit of a disappointment but I can't complain. We'll take this as an experience for us and for her, and take more concrete steps towards the next SSK if there will still be one.

I have been in contact with her Seitan committee for quite a long while now and they've recently hit me up, telling me of plans to buy a domain to start a fanpage for Aiai!
    They've got the technicalities and preparations in order but still need a little more time to set things right. But before it hits the world web, they wanted me to find out what international fans like us think of Aiai and what about her makes us want to support her. Personally for me, her stellar performance and dedication set her apart from almost everyone in SKE. And given her age, all I see is a top idol in the makings.

If you want to help them out, you can check this google form out and fill in what traits of her impressed you, it means a lot to us!

Moving on, her recent blog posts have been very introspective. I keep forgetting she's already in high school.
    I translated one of her blog posts, where she talked about her frustrations with the transparent advancement ceiling and her plans to break through it. 15, but already a source of inspiration.

She's been a bit active on SHOWROOM of late too, just yesterday she lightheartedly talked about SSK and what she gained from it. Her cheeky side came out for a while, and she insisted everyone present in the stream to add 愛佳大好き in front of their handlenames ^^; It ended well, with a sea of 愛佳大好き traversing across whenever we comment lol,. Just make sure to add the 愛佳大好き before you enter her room!

In other news, she got back some of her test papers today and she did (quite) well!
    84 for Maths, 83 for Japanese and 79 for English!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Just look at her beam :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2017
  2. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I'm glad she's getting more active on SR again, even though it means less free time for me xD Of course I also changed my nick accordingly and in her last SR before SSK I even managed to rank in Top10 and get called xD However since special gifts are allowed again and I won't buy those, I will have to rely on spamming the chat again to get noticed xD xD

3. arifer

Twitter:
    arifer48
    Yep! Been seeing you rank up higher than me [hehe]
    It's great to see more people in the stream that I know!

4. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Indeed! During my trip to Japan last month I also got to meet some Aiai-Oshis which made me super happy, here in Germany we rarely have Idol-Fans, yet alone Aiai-Oshis ^^;

5. arifer

Twitter:
    arifer48
    Hey all!
    Remember the SKE48 SoloCon? Aiai's performance was a solo drum show right? Shortly before that, inspired by Yukirin in Give Me Five, she had bought some parts of an electronic drum set to prepare for the SoloCon. On Thursday, we got to see the return of her wild musical (and sharp tongue) soul unleashed again on SHOWROOM!

(Mod edit: removed dead video link)

Moving on to other good news, Aiai's slots for the upcoming SKE single Igai ni Mango, sees a twofold increase to 2 slots!!! This is one goal checked off her list!
    If you're planning to go on these dates, do check her out!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2018
  6. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Ahh, I wish I could go T_T Unfortunately I won't be able to visit Japan until at least next year, so seeing all the HS-Reports on Twitter is so depressing ;_; But at least I can watch her SRs, they are always entertaining :D (And she is indeed quite good at Drums! I've played for a couple of years too, and it kinda makes me want to start again :^^;:)

7. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    She did a early-morning-showroom until now, apparently she was really frustrated and sad about being in the last row for the new Team S-MV and also about her general situation atm. I didn't get everything, but she seems to feel that there is no one she can talk to and feels a bit left out? (not sure about this part). I hope she'll feel better soon...

8. arifer

Twitter:
    arifer48
    Oh thanks! She was feeling down yesterday and said that she would address it during SHOWROOM today. I expected her to stream in the evenings/late afternoon as she always would so I slept through all my phone notifications only to find out my mistake. I hope somebody uploads it somewhere soon so I can catch up with the events ><

9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

10. arifer

Twitter:
    arifer48
    @Chrissel Thanks! Just caught up with the important parts and yeah what you said is right. She's just frustrated that even after all this time she hasn't made much headway. Airi of KII also recently voiced her disappointment in herself a few days ago on 755. From centering a coupling song to getting bad positions in their team songs, it isn't hard to see how they can't help but to feel helpless.

@EinhanderX I don't think it's about being 'her turn' at all. MV position pickings aren't supposed to be a pacifist's work. There isn't a rotation of positions in MVs, where you see unpopular girls occasionally take positions up front, just for management to please them and their fans. Unless it's a random managerial push (e.g. KatoRena) the positions can be easily analysed by how much buzz the girls create.
    For example, Isshiki is the upcoming 'visual member' of Team S and had been vocal of wanting to be a model for the P4U event that just ended - where she came in 2nd place just ~100 votes behind Risako. That goes to show that she, and her fans, have a very good potential to start topics on boards for other users to get to know about SKE.

Well I guess that goes to show how insufficient of a job we're doing as fans. Honestly it's still a miracle that they were gracious enough to extend her HS slots to 2 for the upcoming single. I believe she still has yet to sell out a slot in rounds up to now. I'm going to continue translating her blog posts as much as I can, and try to coordinate activities or projects that the Japanese community are working on with the international community. If any of you are planning to go for any HS events with SKE, please do consider using an oshimashi ticket on her ^^ If it's your first time with her she'll definitely try to fish you in, and that's a side of her that she never shows on stage ;)

11. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I absolutely agree, we as fans have to do more. I actually thought of buying one or two tickets for her HS even though I won't be able to actually go to an Event for the next months, but in the end I decided to save the money for the time I actually can go.
    In the end it's quite difficult do to anything from so far away, be it HS, fan-gatherings, or even P4U (which requires a Japanese Phone, right?). I guess I feel almost as frustrated as Aiai herself ^^;

12. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Reading all of this makes me regret not buying more tickets for AiAi's HS ... But Masana's grad announcement makes my schedule really tight. Anw, hope that she can get better recognization from fan because I absolutely love her theater's performances.

13. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
  14. arifer

Twitter:
    arifer48
    Aiai talked about the recent promotions, her frustrations because of it, and the support her teachers gave.
    It's a slightly lengthy post but I've tried my best to translate it into English for everyone to read. Please do read what she has to say! Not many idols would be willing to bare such a side of themselves to better themselves, which is what makes her one of the best in my opinion!

This is the tweet to share around (Please help to spread ><, and do make sure to use the #杉山愛佳 tag so others can find out about it too) -> https://twitter.com/arifer48/status/916647448105201664
    This is the link to the tumblr post where I posted it on -> http://arifer-48.tumblr.com/post/166141708846/0002-october-7-aiai-official-blog

15. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Thanks for your translation! I understood most of it from the original, but it was really helpful for the small details :) It was indeed a great post, and I really hope she'll grow along with her new Juniors in S

16. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    A few days ago Aiai participated in Suuchan's "Consulting-project" where she spoke about what troubles her the most recently.
    I translated it here (Sorry for any mistakes, it's been a while for me ^^;)

17. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    her ssk poster:
    DdaEWVLWAAQrgX6.jpg

18. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Imo this is by far the best in her history. It looks super cool, I like the color-combination in the background, and she looks incredibly gorgeous.

She's currently holding a poll on Twitter to decide the hashtag she will use for SSK, most of the ideas include "Revolution" :D

19. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    AiAi's SSK Appeal Video

if the video does not show watch the video here
    "I’m Aika Sugiyama from SKE48 Team S. This is going to be 4th general election. Last year I was vexed that the members that entered at the same period of time and younger ones to be in active. By seeing this it made me feel that I want to come forward. Climbing to the top I think I will need results that can see by eyes. So this year I will do my best on ranking in. I ask for your support."

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. arifer

Twitter:
    arifer48
    Well I'm sure you all know that the translations aren't actually complete (just look at some other members'), and misses some of the nuances. I subbed translated her video and thought it might be better to post what she actually said up here.

• Like Like x 1