1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Taniguchi Megu (Omegu)

Discussion in 'AKB48 Members' started by Crests, Apr 17, 2014.

1. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

from yui twitter
    [​IMG]
    New Team A!! I can't wait :XD:

dendenmuchu, akbingo, off air event and now first gravure photoshoot...seems mngm already decided to push her :awesome:

2. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  3. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

^
    what a busy girl she's now :^^;:
    about R no Hosoku, what show is that? still part of akb job or outside akb?

4. MARSHMALO97

MARSHMALO97 Kenkyuusei

Is that her really panty?

5. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Its an NHK show that is categorize as an educational variety show. They discuss various topics like food, style, trend etc. I am actually too lazy to watch this kind of show but they seem interesting as they guest many 48group members including those of Nogizaka and other artist including johnnies.

http://www.nhk.or.jp/rhousoku/

(Mod edit: removed dead video link)

An old episode.. don't expect any Megu in this one above, just an example.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2019
  6. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Maeda Ami used to be very regular on it. I think Lovetan was as well, before she switched to HKT.

7. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Here's a listing of personalities that has appeared on R no Hosoku.

Rの法則

8. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

if the video does not show watch the video here

6/20 AKB48 Free Live at Grand Front Osaka

Megu focused video

Back up link

9. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    Ahh she is so cute. That face. I love those fan videos. See alot of those with the disaster relief.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  10. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    about new team A, I hope she get a unit with Yui

11. Mai

Mai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I hope she'll get her own unit which she'll be center for (because if she's in a unit with Yui, she won't get to center). Even though that's just wishful thinking and probably won't happen. [hehe]

12. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

megu became regular member team A is more than enough for me..no more under like she's doing in team A right now
    from what i saw when new team A performing oogoe diamond on akb sports festival, megu take tomu spot (7th seat in team A)
    oogoe diamond 2.jpg
    but yeah that's when takamina and kojiharu not in there.
    my bet megu will got 9th or 10th position in New team A

@kimunlimited thanks for all those videos, i'll watching now :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  13. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    she was not lucky to be in the team A, too many popular member lol
    if she's in the team B, I think she will get a front position.

14. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I cannot seem to feel the same importance of teams in AKB as it was in the past when members are really protective of their team members and that teams popularity standing among the fans. The same goes for fans who seriously support teams and zealously patronize that teams theater performances. They have all been change due to the numerous shuffling of members in management's hope of evening out the popularity standing of the teams only to erode the characters that those team once strongly uphold. Team A used to be a group of orthodox idols compared to Team K's strong dance crew and that of Team B's kawaii mentality.

The theater songs used to be composed based on those qualities and Aki-P seem to preferred it that way as he is more capable of producing songs when he is able to recognize the character of those performers. But, alas, teams these days have such differing personalities and temperament its difficult to comprehend the mechanics of how they are grouped.

If there is one thing that still hold importance in the present that would be the Stage Units. Team A has so many popular Stage Unit that management have made a point of giving those precious position to popular members of other teams. Members who are usually pushed are given a chance performing in those Stage Unit and there is probably a better chance of getting acquainted in those Stage Units if you are with the team that originally perform it as there are still a few members left of the original performers who knew it far better than anyone.

As I see it, management seem to be keen on the idea of reviving a strong Team A by having members that are foreseen to lead AKB manned its helm. And, if we are to consider historical parallelism, I see this grouping to last a bit longer before a reshuffle occur unless Mayuyu and Yukirin's graduation have greater impact than expected that render Team B insolvent and a reshuffle is deemed the only solution.

Team A will become a battlefield as these popular members gut each other out for fan attention and that would be to the benefit of the less popular girls as they share a few spotlight with this juggernauts giving them more chances to be notice. However, these are all hypothetical and it all still depend on how Megu's growth as an idol progress. It all depends on her and how she will handle every opportunity given to her. She may do fine alone but she will need a group of strong willed friends to keep her going and I think she already have it.

15. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

if megu in another team, with many younger member like B or 4 she'll got nothing, only theater girls
    New team A only have 4 fresh young member (megu, naanya, kayoyon and nishi..kennin not included) and i think team A will pushed all of them because they need regenerate team A to became better, like what they did 3 years a go with kawaei and annin..
    and i'm sure naanya and megu will got bigger pushed than kayo or nishi
    maybe not now, but in 1-2 years we will see megu in front position on team A

well just my opinion

16. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I think regeneration system not work if they always do shuffle/using kennin.
    if they don't held shuffle this year (spring shuffle) / cancel all kennin, I think now Megu already get spotlight in team A. just imagine if Yui/Naanya not transferred, Sakura/Mirurun not kennin, plus Takamina/Ricchan grad,, she'll get 5th position in team A (Paru>Nyan>Annin>Tomu>Megu)

17. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    AKB cannot afford at the moment to lose kennins as the vacuum left by the original Kami7 is too enormous for the AKB members alone to patch. The current status of AKB is a consequence of management's constant promotion of popular girls from sister groups without an equal strategy for succeeding graduating AKB members. Paruru and Yuihan alone is not enough to steer the fortunes of AKB but there seems to be some hope from the 15th generation as they are being nurtured to someday forefront AKB. Similar to how the reins of AKB jumped from the third generation to that of the ninth, the same thing might happen when it jumps from the ninth to the fifteenth as I see no outstanding presence in between this generations to fill the gap when the changing of the guards happen, but that is all opinion. No one can seem to figure out how AKB will work out its future making nothing set and giving equal hope for everyone. However, I am quite set on betting on Megu!

[​IMG]
    That is Megu above with the grin, right? The picture is from today's performance which happen to be Nakanishi Chiyori's seitansai.

And, found the bonus photos of UTB 232. The quality sucks but it will do against nothing.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  18. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Megu is great and has a very positive trajectory, but I 100% disagree with this opinion :) There's a lot of members with great potential in that gap, just because you don't see their potential, doesn't mean it's not there. Some of them are obviously nurtured to take over too. I just wished they were more forceful in promoting new gens. They moved on from pushing one at a time to multiple ones, it was just Paruru, and then AnRiRe, Kojimako/Nishino/Okada, now they're doing a more level push with 15th gen, well except for Naanya. Annin and Kawaei would have been a staple by now if not for the incident, and Renacchi is on her way up.

19. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I'm curious - how do you see the members that were shuffled out of Team A (Mayu being an obvious major ex-Team A member)?

20. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I am not disputing the idea behind your words but I am merely pointing to what could be a repeat of history. Fujie Reina (4th), Saeki Mika (4th) Nito Moeno (5th), Miyazaki Miho (5th), Kitahara Rie (5th) and Takajo Aki (6th) were once groomed to lead AKB. But, it did not happen.

When AKB went mainstream many of the first and second generation members who were contemplating about leaving the group decided to stay a while longer. Many thought AKB will be gone by 2009 only to be save by the publicity of the first election. The once high graduation rate was suddenly pulled to a stop and many hopeful KKS were stuck without a position to succeed. The management knew that if AKB were to reign supreme over the idol industry they needed the original kami 7 to stay and in the process denying the push members of the 4th to 7th generation of the front positions. The decision was made easier by the fact that Acchan, Takamina, and Tomochin were at a very close age range with the push members I've mentioned and when they graduate those members will be at an age where management has only little time to push them further to succeed that foregone popularity before they also graduate. What they did next is to take a bet with Team 4. However, only very few were able to capitalize from the push with this group.

The 9th to 13th generation all lived through the shadow of Acchan and Yuko's greatness and were not given much chance because they still have seniors with staying power and popularity to delay their push. Only Paruru and Yuihan could be said to have been the cream of the crop that manage to rise steadily and be recognize by both the fans and the public. However, some of the members of this generations do have a strong fan club and its difficult to ascertain how they will play out the elections and keep pushing their oshi. The 14th generation did provide hope with those three leading however the rise of Sasshi to the top and those of the popular members of the sister group curtailed their chance to further progress.

Now, with the danger of sister group members dominating the rankings and further eroding the once fortified stature of AKB in the group, the management is now eager to push more AKB members and they favored those younger and newer members of the group. Hence, I speculate, that the 15th generation will be further push and be expected to someday lead AKB similar to what is reckoned with the 9th generation. While, those in between might play as second fiddle but with a few exception.

Though we cannot foresee what the 16th generation will bring, or the succeeding generations, and how management will handle their push, we could only speculate that if the idea of the 15th generation succeeding the 9th be further strengthened to the mind of the public then even if the succeeding generations do become a threat, the 'rightful' successor will still be the 15th generation. After all, Japan is a country of tradition and a society still considered vertical. However, as I always say, nothing is set in AKB and the next Sashihara might rise to further complicate matters.

The shuffling of the teams is a ploy to balance the popularity of each team while figuring out the members character and in which them they will be able to further grow. Management might have thought that by having Mayuyu in Team A she will be mentored by Takamina and find a new source of inspiration to lead AKB. It is difficult to ascertain or find the pattern on how they consider each move of a member from Team A as there are so many differing aspect that have yet to be revealed to the fans.

Found this nice gif from kataomoi48's tumblr
    [​IMG]
    Megu in Utsukushiki Mono

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1