1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Taniguchi Megu (Omegu)

Discussion in 'AKB48 Members' started by Crests, Apr 17, 2014.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I hope she takes time to rest and recover fully. Not sure DH wants to give that time to her though, they just scheduled her birthday stage for February 7th, and she's also scheduled to be in HADO again on the 11th. (She was supposed to compete yesterday on the 31st but had to cancel due to her injury.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

OHH-Megu~! :inlove:
    That dress, she looks wonderful
    TaniguchiMegu_RD_01.jpg TaniguchiMegu_RD_02.jpg TaniguchiMegu_RD_03.jpg TaniguchiMegu_RD_04.jpg TaniguchiMegu_RD_05.jpg TaniguchiMegu_RD_06.jpg TaniguchiMegu_RD_07.jpg TaniguchiMegu_RD_08.jpg
    Sources are Twitter and Instagram, mostly her except for the last image.

• Like Like x 2
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    Megu activating the psychopath mode at the moment she realised her fans went to another girls in Hanashikai because the showroom comments

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Not just because of the comments, they lined her up right between Onishi, Odaeri, and Miu at the in-person event, and there's a high overlap between fans of Megu and fans of those members [hehe]

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    As I've posted elsewhere I met Megu twice during my recent trip to Japan, once at the 61st single launch day event at the Theater and once at the 'offline' meeting in Yokohama last Saturday where she was in a lane next to Odaeri for whom I was queuing to meet. As I said in my post in the Experiences thread, normally there's privacy screens in booths which prevent fans viewing members in adjacent lanes (and indeed members seeing fans!) but on Saturday there were none meaning that not only could you easily watch what was happening in the lanes either side but also the members could watch you. I didn't have tickets this time for Megu even though she's one of my top favourite members (I'll explain why later in this post).

As I was queueing for Odaeri I noticed that Megu had nobody waiting to see her and although I didn't look at her directly I knew she'd be able to see me and remember me from the Theater event 10 days earlier, and indeed I could sense her eyes on me...

However I'd just seen a message on my phone that Zunchan had had to pull out of the event at very short notice. I had 3 tickets for her which I could transfer to another member and for me it was a no-brainer to use them for Megu who I met straight after coming out of Odaeri's lane. She was fine and very friendly, and that meeting as well as the one at the Theater were by far the best two I'd ever had with her. I've now met her in person 5 times since 2016, the only person I've met more often is my oshimen Komi at 6 times.

So why didn't I have any tickets for Megu? Here's a 'long read' about my 8-year 'fan journey' with her:
    When I came into AKB48 fandom in early 2015 I soon started watching AKBINGO and I quickly discovered 4 members who grabbed my interest - Megu, Komi, Juri and Tanochan, all of whom I still follow today to some extent. With Megu I loved her smile, it's always been very beautiful, and I fell in love with her so much that she became my second-favourite member behind Mayuyu.

The following year was the first of my pre-pandemic trips I made to Japan for HS events and in total I met Megu 3 times. It was great to meet her and to see her smile up close but of all the members I met each time she was noticeably the quietest. Meanwhile I was having far better meetings with Komi and it was her who replaced Mayuyu on her graduation as my group oshimen.

Megu did continue to be my second favourite but then in 2019 I had a really nice meeting with Zukkii and I was also loving her as an idol so she then rose to become my no.2 in the group.

Then the pandemic happened, and with it online talks. I had a couple with Megu but again they weren't very exciting - but then neither were the ones I was having with Zukkii and I was starting to wonder who really was my second favourite member.

Fast forward to last weekend's event which was spread over 2 days but because I had to fly home on the Sunday I could only attend on the Saturday. I was therefore time-limited and when I was planning it I couldn't quite fit in all the members I wanted to see so somebody had to be excluded and sadly I decided it had to be Megu based on previous events. However she would be my first choice if someone dropped out and I needed to transfer tickets - and so it happened! She'd also been my first choice out of the 4 members I could meet at the Theater event. (one of the others was Zunchan!)

As I said both talks went very well, she spoke some English which was nice, and they were among the best member talks I had on my recent trip. As a result I've now restored Megu to being my second-favourite AKB member. :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    Yeah, I suppose a lot of fans went to see another girls and without any screen between the lines, seeing their fans on another line was almost guaranteed. But some fans love teasing their oshi betraying her as we can see on Hado [hehe] and after seeing that showroom cut, I cannot blame them, her expresions are gold. But well, maybe would have been more correctly to write "She remembers after seeing the showroom comments".

@David61, I think you are in danger Xd

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I watched the latest Nemousu TV episode (I should really watch this show more often >.<), it was with the 15th gens for their 10th anniversary, they went out to eat and drink at night. Megu was really funny in this, she is not very good with alcohol XD They played a game after drinking, they had to say the names of AKB members one after the other. For the first turn, they said the 15th gen names, then the second turn, Megu said Hiyuka, and then the 3rd turn, she already couldn't think of anyone else XD then they did the game again but with stage songs this time, it started with Manami and Kiara, Megu was only the 3rd and she already couldn't think of any song hahaha. That was so funny XD

and I found it interesting that she could think of Hiyuka, it reminded me the time where she watched Hiyuka's funny moment in SayoMouri (this one) and couldn't stop laughing. I guess, maybe she likes Hiyuka, at least enough to remember her even when she's drunk lol.

(Btw off-topic but Miion was completely drunk in this Nemousu TV episode :lol:)

• Like Like x 2
  9. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    • Like Like x 3
  10. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Megu appears at 1:37 in this video just posted by 'Music Voice' of last week's IDOL RUNWAY COLLECTION:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  11. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Appreciate the tag but I won't be in Japan yet! It probably wouldn't be high on my priority list, but I'd probably still give it a go if I were there. However, I'm only in Japan from 12th to 19th :)

Also, by the way, no point for anyone trying to rob my house so I don't mind saying it on the internet - I have two room mates who will be staying put [hehe]

• Like Like x 2
  14. FlowingColors

She wants fans to save the 30th of September.
    Come on Megu, not in times like these..
    I hope she will share some great news, whatever it maybe.

15. FlowingColors

She will held a fan meeting on Sat., September 30th. More details on FC page.
    20230910_125600.jpg

Thank goodness..

16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
  17. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Megu's new profile picture!

01.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. FlowingColors

Happy 25th Birthday, Megu:inlove:
    Wherever the next year may take you, I wish you nothing less than the best of health and all the best of luck and, of course, lots of fun.:chuffed:
    From her Twitter
    20231112_115531.jpg 20231112_115533.jpg
    Edit: from her Instagram
    Screenshot_20231112_135347_Instagram.jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 4