Tashima Meru (Meru) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i wish i could be here too....totally the thing that i would gladly participate

2. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

I wish Nanya could be in tentoumuchu but ahh well. I think akb has like 280+ members now. there isn't enough tv time, etc to go around. seems like we just get less screen time, magazines, and all around just get to see them less cuz they keep on shelling out the girls nonstop. now with the niigata group...hahah, there will be lots of akb shows introducing those girls. just too bad, we all in all get less visual time with meru chan. too many girls. I know some people say like more girls doesn't hurt meru, and just cuz another girl gets exposure doesn't hurt meru, but I mean over all the pie is still roughly the same size. I know they can get even more popular and roll out moreshows, but in general more girls = less concentration of the girl you like. which really really sucks.

well anyway, lets hope meru can have a central part of HKT still, going forward. she dropped off a bit, but is still one of their best/energetic dancers they have. hopefully she can start having more magazine shots in swimsuits/bikinis like the older girls. she is about the age when they started doing the bikini shoots for the other hkt girls, wearing more tantalizing clothes. I hope this will make her more popular. I mean I wish she could be popular and do more conservative shots but I think when she gets a sexy bump she will be more popular.

3. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    I hate swimsuits gravures, I prefer conservative shots too but at the end what I want is to see Meru in some magazines being popular and such

Meru posted a video, a little break during the shooting of the PV for the couple song in the KNP single

if the video does not show watch the video here

That clothes HHHNNNGGGG

4. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

yep, im just wondering when the gravure shots are going to start rolling in. We saw a slew of them for Haruppi and Sakura this past year in 2014. Meru turned 15 so she should get started soon hopefully. But everything up until now has been conservative and she seems like a conservative kid so who knows. maybe her parents wont let her do it or sth.

5. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

Speaking of photoshoots she posted a picture on her G+ today......
    B9iCxFLIIAAOUZD.jpg

----------------------------------

On Hyakkaten she is sitting on the far side, place reserved for people who can speak well. Not only that she is really making the show lively. Also she was the one that asked to be on Shirabe. She is stepping up this year in major ways already.
    source: https://twitter.com/hakatayossha

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  6. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
  7. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    I saw that yesterday, it feels bad beause all these girls are unpopular members who want desperately a chance to gain some popularity, is Meru in this situation?

8. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

can someone please translate that little section that meru wrote in the 4th/5th frame/picture of hers?

9. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

nah I wouldn't call her unpopular, cuz she is was 55th place at age 14, so its ok for now. but she needs to start moving up into the 20-30 in the voting this year if she wants to eventually someday become a mainstream AKB member who will someday be top 10 (like how Sakura is rolling along, she will eventually hit top 10). Most of the girls who eventually hit top 10 peak in the voting during ages 19-21. I know girls younger than that crack the top 10, im just talking about peaking in their idol career in the voting process. so she has 4+ years to go.

10. rockyrex31

rockyrex31 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    hakatayossha
  11. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

I think Meru is an odd case. They gave her center from day one on many singles, then dropped her. What did she do wrong or what didn't she do right that they didn't keep pushing her like they did for Acchan, Mayu, Paruru, Jurina, Rena, Sayaka, and Milky?

Was management's original plan to promote Meru and Sakura but it changed to Sakura and Haruppi?

I think its kind of ironic since she was given center when she was too young and didn't have much of a personality yet and now they stopped promoting her just as she is becoming very interesting.

12. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I think it's only because SakuRuppi are having their momentum right now and HKT needs a SSK senbatsu member other than the originally AKB Sasshi and Haruppi's that close to Senbatsu while Meru didn't even made it to UG

13. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    It's not that they dropped her, but its more about Haruppi and Sakura placing so high in the elections. I think it's only fair that those two were rewarded center for their unexpected election results. On the other hand, with the amount of push Meru was given, her election result was somewhat low.

However, it's fair to say we are seeing a new Meru the past few months. Her enthusiasm in variety shows is a joy to watch right now. I personally think not being center has given her motivation to work harder. She gave a hint of the hard time she's had during her Seitansai speech. I think there will be a strong chance Meru will reclaim center for HKT, but the next election will be crucial.

14. bebopalula

bebopalula Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    That's not quite true. There are quite a few up and coming girls in there. Muto Tomu is pretty popular and was #24 in the last Senbatsu, quite a bit higher than Meru. Nishino Miki and Okada Nana are in there, and they're both pretty popular. Those are just a few that jumped out at me right away.

15. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    The path of Meru has been an up-and-down rollercoaster, but her growing more and more makes me think we shouldn't sat down about what happened month before, but to focus on what's going in the near future (sousenkyo)

She already got a badge in hakata hyakkaten and have yet to MC. the best is to come.

16. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

yeah her case is a bit strange. but honestly, didn't you all feel that 6 month period in 2014 where Meru wasn't on many odekake, akbingo, duomo, korekara, hkt variety or anything much? honestly it felt like she dialed back the appearances, maybe cuz of school? the feeling she wasn't around much isn't an opinion, but the reason why is. I watch all the shows hkt is on, (well at least what pops up as hkt on hello online) and there was a drop in appearances on shows she is normally on. in my opinion I think for school maybe she slowed it down a bit. just a guess tho. I mean she is back on tv, well goboten, though don't see her much on odekake or hkt variety much nowadays (though her akbingo appearances have gone back to a norm)

17. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

18. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Aww, she looks like Alice in that costume. Too adorable. <3

I'm glad she's already actively pursuing gravure opportunities even though she's only been "of age" about less than two months. At the risk of sounding like a perv, I've been waiting for this time to come. :awesome: But no really, the time is right as she's entered that stage where she appears more like an idol and less like a schoolgirl, even her candid/casual pictures are just so good now.

19. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

If she is actively pursuing gravure opportunities then its not working very well! I haven't seen her in too many, I mean compared to haruppi and sakura. so I hope she keeps trying I suppose, and eventually she will get a sexy bump I guess.

20. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

^Yeah, even though she is still young, she already has something sexy about her.