1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Tashima Meru (Meru) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Meru is awesome on Hyakkaten. Haruppi may have taken over as HKT center, but Meru remains Hyakkaten center. She's so lively, it makes me smile :D I think she'd fit in with Not yet well

2. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

Agree, wanted to comment on it in Goboten thread, but got lazy))

3. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
  4. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Delightful :D naturally that's where she puts the Oshi badge as well

Who knew she was so sexually aggressive? I think a lot of people don't like her because before they get to know her, they (including me) just see a cute face with no business being the immediate center. Meanwhile, that's just sort of a thing that happened to her when she's got so much more to her character. She's always so much fun; I wanna be friends with her!

5. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

Well she is from Fukuoka, and she has 6 more centimeters to grow. At that moment she will truly be deserving of the title. Then in the next RH we will have her sing "Ue Kara Merurun".

6. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Meru was pretty bland in the beginning especially on MC and variety. I remember watching the Suki Suki Skip extra videos and most of the time she'd just blend into the background. Unless you actively followed her interviews and blog (the stuff that was translated), it was really hard to get a grasp on who she was other then being the cheery and energetic girl who landed center. She herself even knew this and wanted to work on standing out more. Seeing her work pay off is one of those welcome reminders of why I follow idols.

Can never have too many trolls under the bridge, I say. Ue Kara Merurun, indeed. :XD:

Yay for her making the top 20 in the gravure competition! The competition is tough though, lots of beauties and cuties there. Ganbatte!

7. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I didn't actively follow her before, but she really stands out now!

8. qwerty_2000

qwerty_2000 Kenkyuusei

Just curious, why was she replaced as the center of HKT?

9. junjou19

junjou19 Member

To be honest although I love Meru I think Haruppi's a better center overall.

10. m3ntaiko

m3ntaiko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    m3ntaiko
    well since i would like to see her in the center anyway so i love the competition anyway. She was the first center and now she have to fight for it, it's all good.

11. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    SSK votes was probably the biggest factor.

12. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    It was likely a combination of different things: Sakurauppi's impressive election results, Meru losing momentum in popularity and she was in the process of finishing middle school which may have impacted her ability to do more activites (from what I hear getting into high school in Japan is no joke). We may never know the "official" reason but they are the best guesses with what information we do have.

I'm pro-rotational center though so while of course I'd like to see Meru as center again, I like the idea that mgmt does not have any qualms with switching it when they see fit.

Btw people, @YumeNoRui has opened a voting code pool for Takamina, Yukirin, and Meru. So if you want to support Meru-chan in SSK but are low on cash, check it out. This was actually how I voted for Meru in her first election, didnt have to deal with CD waste. :D

13. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    How sad for Meru. Left behind while the other TTC members are at AKB48 Team 4.

I hope she gets a Team S kennin though.

14. m3ntaiko

m3ntaiko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    m3ntaiko
    right??? feel she was being left out :(

i was thinking that Meru is going to be team 4 kennin with all those TTMC reunion on team 4, but i guess she's still HKT exclusive. this is the way i want to called it. The management might give some pressure to her, but i hope she could cope with it. Now she should really focus to improve from team H stages, while Nako, Haruppi, and Sasshi are probably out most of the time. I hope things goes well for her in the Sousenkyo, too. This could be a nice momentum for her to leap back forward.

15. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I'm not a fan of the kennin system (transfers are fine) and it's not I'd be watching the stages anyway but I am a little annoyed at the situation. It'd been nice to see MeruMio on the same team in some form since mgmt crushed and buried all my dreams of my beautiful 2M lead KIV lineup. But like I said in Mioten's thread, I'm honestly more concerned about her being out of the big election senbatsu.

If she were to get a kennin I'd want it to be for K since that's Yuko's team and Miichan's back. A little hypocritical of me though since I very much dislike the kennin situation in K. Yet another shuffle they STILL haven't fixed K's main problem?!?! Someone in mgmt must have been a serious K hater back in the day. :rant:/end rant before it gets too long and off topic

EDIT:

I just went on her G+, she's talking about the latest senbatsu announcement. Her picture looks pretty sad. :-/ Can someone translate it?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  16. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Her G+ post was heart breaking today. I'm really hopeful she will rank higher in SSK.

17. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Well, enough is enough.

I don't understand that. First, i was thinking the time she was demoted from center in melon juice was "a time for reflexion". To step back and work from her inner self, like Haruppi did to overcome her frustration of not being center. To not have a Kennin position was "justified" by her focusing on HKT. But considering the overwhelming presence of Nakomiku, we didn't really saw any results of this strategy to let Meru stay in HKT. Also, i put Meru in the same situation as Mio, when it comes to exposure. The two need to be used as a pair. I want equal promotion for the two of them. But why Mio get a good treatment in AKB and not Meru? Do they seriously think she is not ready???

This is frustrating, but above all, injustified. Why the hell would they reunite ALL Tentoumou chu! member in team 4 and let her aside? We all know there's no limit in a team and since they've already added 6 of them, why exclude one? If they want to turn team 4 into team TTMC, it's already the case with 6 of them, why not doing it completely?

I read Meru's G+. She was really considering, hoping, to be with everyone, and challenge the kennin position in team 4. But her feelings are hurt. She knows this is a chance, and she wants to grasp it. But what do you think she will feel if she sees Management deny event that? To think she's not good enough, even though it's not the case? She really did her best with her always cheerful theater performance, nationwide tour and completely nailed it during variety show like Hakata Hyakkaten and Tentoumouchu sekai sengen, even to the point people who are not fan of her remarked her. This is absolutely disrespectful toward all her work done this year. We don't ask to come back HKT center (because we need to work on Sakuruppi momemtum), but the Kennin was clearly the strict minimum to acknowledge Meru's improvement! It was like, the most evident thing to do if there's a shuffle! Like 1000x more useful than Kannon kennin, especially if she's with everyone in TTMC!

Meru's is very down at the moment, and i hope japanese fans will cheer her up for the upcoming Handshake. Also, she said she wants revenge for this offense. In Sousenkyo, she wants to be undergirls. To be honest i am 100% sure undergirls will be piece of cake considering Management treatment toward her. It's not struggle, it's infuriating. I really hope Meru's fan will answer this call from her and skyrocket her and show she is someone we can count on for HKT, and AKB future.

"why isn't she on the grand stage?" "why isn't she kennin? She's awesome" this is the kind of thought she wants people to have when seeing her. This is her goal.

So let's not be discouraged and support her with all we got! Because those who follows her knows her true value!

18. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    ^ well said. Just want to add that she also mentioned school is not an issue for her.

19. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I'll be completely honest. I had Meru pegged as for sure getting a Kennin when they next had a shuffle.

But that did not happen.:( And like everyone and their grandmama, I just don't see why. It is clear that she is ready for one. About as ready as any member who had one ever was. And the benefits for Meru would be incredible. It really is boggling my mind.

Maybe, hopefully, there is a SKE kennin waiting just around the corner for Meru. She is an excellent fit in any of the three teams there. And they did pull all the sister group-to-sister group kennins. So maybe that is coming. I will wish for it anyways.

20. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    @gocchisama

I do feel like Meru oshi have been very relaxed. It's easy to in light of every thing because Meru-chan is always smiling and assuring us she'll do her best. Now that she's being more honest, I can't help but get a fire in my belly. Tears do not suit a girl so sunny. I hope fans go out and put a smile back on her face then it's time for revenge. This is not forgivable. :mad: