Stage Team A 7th [M.T. ni Sasagu] (2016/02/10 - 2018/05/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Are you sure the letters are not inverse and it's not in remembrance of T.M.... Revolution? [hehe]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  2. desuki

desuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    In the end i am right.. is about Minami Takahashi.. Oh well.. They just can't let her go smoothly...

3. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    It's so hard to even complain cause I've been waiting for a new stage for so long now lol. IDK how I feel about this whole "For Takamina" thing, but it's whatever. As long as none of the songs are like "dedicated" to her, then I think I'll be 100% ok with the stage~

4. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Thanks for the translation.
    Hooray for more Takamina bootlicking. I wonder how many more songs / stages / events are going to be about her before she is allowed to leave.

5. Palioxis

Palioxis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    It kind of sounds like they're making Takamina something like an idol patron saint.... an idol idol :blink:

6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It's a pity we probably won't get any more information on the stage for a while. Would be nice to have something about it to discuss besides "Oh it's dedicated to Takamina". *glares at the last few pages*

Thanks for that!

7. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    I'm really amused by how they have carefully emphasised how hard they have been working on this. The fans have been baying for this for ages and general feeling seems to be "why on earth has this taken so long?". In this video, they have quietly pointed out that a lot of work goes into a new stage and that preparation has already been ongoing for quite a while, and basically without saying a word encouraged everyone to instead be thankful and grateful for all this work. I think it's a very clever piece of PR!

Also thanks for translation! :)

8. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    lol~ I noticed that too. I was thinking to myself, "Wow, this must take a lot of work. I kind of feel selfish in a way". Then I realized...wait this is Aki-p? The same guy that gave us literally 14 crappy new songs on the Best-of album (I actually like Music Junkie tho lol), but can't make a new stage? And it's been YEARS. It's not like the last new stage came out last year lol~

9. rabyo

rabyo Kenkyuusei

Aki-P 755 : Next year will be the year for AKB48 Group Theater. .....
    I begin select songs for next team stage.

You believe that?
    -------------------------------
    About this song in video.
    "
    No one is left behind
    because we're going to show them
    the magnificent scenery

Ah, the front of the line
    is always a lonely place
    There's no one to ask for advice

Ah, I'm not able to become like you
    I don't have confidence in myself
    How can you be so positive
    and continue walking towards tomorrow?"

I knew it.
    That why they can't let her Graduate in this year.?:asdfgh:
    Why many man staffs have to depend on a small girl.
    They should cut her chain for of herself.
    Sign I hope if she graduate from AKB then she did solo job.

I just know new stage is tough job for staffs.

10. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Was a bit curious about it (and maybe a bit bored ;) ) so i checked. The last new stage was N3 2 years ago (November 2013 to be exact).

11. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I meant for AKB48 only - sorry, should have clarified~

12. Puni

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Wasn't meant as critizism. My fault if it sounded like it. Only thought that it might be of interest for some.

13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Considering that stage was supposed to debut in the middle of 2012... [hehe]

It seems like the group has some real creative problems behind the scenes (not entirely Aki-P's fault, he just writes the lyrics, others compose the music, arrange the choreography, develop the sets, make the schedules, etc.)

14. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

Why would anyone feel selfish from watching the video? Apart from the *sponsored by apple* moments, it was a blatantly silly montage of people pretend rushing around. Do people really think they print out slides and run upstairs instead of, you know, e-mailing it?

They have an entire year to get this started and didn't. So while I appreciate the work that will go into this stage (and hopefully already has) I am not anout to cry anyone a river here. That's their job, they're getting paid for this.

And those lyrics...this is ridiculous. If they really thought so highly of Takamina, if they really thought she was all that, then they wouldn't habe dropped the ball on her graduation like this and instead of giving her a cringeworthy dedication stage, they would have helped her with her solo career.

This is just management in the bargaining stage of grief where they tearfully try to cling to the past as tightly as possible.

15. Puni

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    From my impression this is a problem with creative people in general. They work on something until it's almost finished, notice that they don't like it anymore and decide to either trash the idea or restart from scratch. :hehe:

If i only think of all the potential Blizzard games i could have wasted my time with :(

16. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    That video just made me respect the staffs even more. They're working day and night trying to make AKB a great group with all their might but all people do is just badmouth them, it's so sad

And they really love those Iiwake pattern, don't they???

17. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Oh geez, it sounds like you're going to jinx the rest of the new stages. XD

Even if management does work hard for the girls, they still made bad decisions nevertheless from the business side of things for the past few years, so I'm not going to waver so quickly in their favor either. They're still not as resourceful as they used to be, so they can get better on that. (Oh, and being more reliable to the fans by sticking to their words whenever they announce something more often, that's another thing they need to work on too.)

And people here have complained about some of us Taka-oshis "putting Takamina on a pedestal" whenever someone responds to criticism about her. (I can care less, I'm just waiting until her 2nd solo single comes out.) Here, she gets a song (and possibly a whole stage) dedicated to her going to be performed even AFTER she graduates, so who's putting her on a pedestal now, hm? o_O

Regardless of the few issues I have with that video, I'm still excited for this stage anyways.

18. Muni

Muni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Okay, this video finally convienced me. I'm excited. It's happening!!!
    The song is very beautiful and I assume it'll sound better with girls singing it.

19. trxsh

trxsh Member

I assume this is the stage's title song? It's beautiful.
    Still tacky to name the whole stage after her, but at least they are revering a very positive image.

「J.M. ni sasagu」is more likely.
    lol I stole this joke from some twitter peeps tho.

20. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I mean half the song is about not being able to become Takamina. That should kill the AKB0048 rumors soon enough, hopefully.