1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Team88 Latch

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by aspen_552001, Nov 12, 2015.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  2. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  6. sangackt

sangackt Kenkyuusei

What source did you all refer to to get the title is "Team88 Latch"? I just watched episode 1 and they call the trio of Shimada, Nakamura, and Nakanishi Team Paparazzi. So the ラッチ is most likely "razzi" or "racchi" (romanized japanese), or rattsi (italian).

7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

8. sangackt

sangackt Kenkyuusei

Adding on to my post above, I realized some more watching episode 2. They're doing word play with this program title and reading 88ラッチ as "paparazzi" (or paparacchi - romanized japanese). The 88 you might normally read as 'hachi hachi' but here they're reading it as 'pa pa'.

So if you wanted to have a romanized program title closest to the japanese I think it should be "Team 88racchi" or "Team 88razzi", read as "Team Paparazzi"

I attached a picture of the program title on episode 2. The narrator reads the "Team 88ラッチ" as "Team Paparazzi"
    Go to about 50 seconds in on episode 2 if you want to confirm.

9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I believe It has to do with the japanese pronounciation.
    They don't differenciate L and R.
    So you can read Latch or Ratch. From the narrator it sounds razzi or ratchi

10. kfcephalopod

kfcephalopod Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    I remember translating one of the early announcements for the show as "Team88 Latch" because the pun was lost on me the first time around reading it instead of hearing it and I thought "Latch" looked better than "Racchi". idk if that was what stuck with anyone else or what, but after hearing it Team88 Razzi would probably be the better romanization.

That being said, I really liked this series. It was great to see spotlights on all the Team 8 members and I'm always a huge sucker for travel shows. I hope we get something similar in 2016.

11. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Kumamon... I need more Kumamon....
    Anyway, for me, it was a nice show. I haven't watched all of the episodes but the last one was definitely the most fun episode that I have watched.
    My question is, which episode(s) is/are your favorite?

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk

12. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    Haven't watched all the episodes yet too but after seeing some clips from each episode from the last episode of Scoop 8 Mi! (#6), I suddenly had the urge to watch it all, looks like there's so many fun episodes that I missed, gonna make my ranking of episode after I watched it all.

13. kfcephalopod

kfcephalopod Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Hmmm good question

Ayane's episode was fun for the taiko battle and I really liked Oonao's and Ikumin's as well because those two are very entertaining. Also Hamachan's and OdaEri's were pretty funny (especially OdaEri just kind of yelling at crows).
    I think my favorite though may have been Riona's if only for the conversation about pronouncing the English lyrics in AKB songs.

14. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

well i watched about 35+ episodes and here are my favor episodes so far:

- Ikumin (episode 11) - Ikumin and Chori was hiking up this mountain and there is a temple in the summit)

- Hamachan (episode 32) - They went water tubing in the rapid

- Hiichan (episode 23) - Komari stormed into Hiichan's hotel room and did a morning prank

- Meiko (episode 14) - they did a dokkiri on Meiko in the store

- Nanaminchan (episode 15) - I like the talk segment of this episode and Nanaminchan was entertaining)

- Akari (episode 20) - Akari did a tennis match with Haruu in Miyagi-ken.

15. kfcephalopod

kfcephalopod Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    ^^^ I forgot about Akari's! The tennis match was great

16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I kinda need a recap because i forgot what happened in a good amount of episodes :^^;:.
    And also because i was somewhat entertained with the "kind attentions" between Haruka and Chiyori after they met Akari :hehe:

Anyway, i remember
    Fan service in the end of 1st episode
    Lot of food tasting throughout the whole serie
    The trail with Ikumin where chiyori was more or less left behind
    The shop prank
    The rollercoaster ride
    The river tubing
    Of course the "disrupted" tennis match
    I don't remember what they did with Nanami yamada, but the talk part was funny
    Yuna is insane
    The calm pacing in Yuriyan's episode which contrast with her super genki self on stage.
    And episode 7 is a very bad one.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  17. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    Finally finished watching all the episodes, It was a really great show to know all the members of team 8 (I discovered new favorites). There were a different variety of episode which is good but there are also some not so fun episodes as well, also there are a lot of food reports which I find myself craving for some but I guess too much food report is NG for me.

1) Episode 32 - Hamachan's river tubing and 'Herupu Mi' really got me, Also chiyori's accident XD
    2) Episode 33 - Nachu and mariko at the haunted house, both of them is so scared that they took 30 mins. to finish
    3) Episode 28 - Hidaaya at that jet coaster, I can feel how much she is scared and her reaction is funny XD
    4) Episode 27 - those faces and reaction that Yuiyui made when she got the foot massage, soo cute
    5) Episode 17 - Nagichan is my oshimen. But bias aside the episode is fun and she's so cute taking care of those sheeps :blush:
    6) Episode 14 - Mei couldn't smile at the end, those dokirri we're really funny.
    7) Episode 25 - Ayane's taiko drum skills is GODly, I am always impressed by those kind of people, also Rinrin and Ranrii made an appearance
    8) Episode 15 - Any show that Yamada has lots of screentime is really fun, she really is the omoshiroii chara. Also here baka chara is exposed [hehe]
    9) Episode 31 - Yuuna's variety chara is clearly showing here, I enjoyed it. Looks like yamada has rival now not only on being baka but also variety chara
    10) Episode 23 - from Hiichan's concert on tochigi to that morning prank and morning headbang :lol:
    11) Episode 6 - Karin's face on that sand bathing or whatever you call it is cute and funny, her smile looks so innocent.
    12) Episode 29 - Odaeri trying to get those crows to sit on her, her craziness is really fun to watch and her smile is lovely :chuffed:
    13) Episode 30 - Yuriyan is so bright, and the episode is refreshing to watch, she looks a bit mature in this episode.
    14) Episode 42 - so this is what happens when 2 show collides with one member of the same schedule (Anta Roke). Also Moeri's ungenkiness has been exposed.
    15) Episode 16 - Hijirin's smile
    16) Episode 3 - first time I get to know Pena, she has a really nice and lovely attitude. her and Nao are the oneesan of team 8.
    17) Episode 47 - Naru's cuteness and her skills on unicycle, Also that kumamon part.
    18) Episode 11 - Chiyori couldn't keep up with Ikumin's pace XD
    19) Episode 20 - great match, I like Akarin more with that ponytail hairstyle.
    20) Episode 7 - I didn't even know dogfight existed poor Naachan she really love dogs.

The other episodes we're also fun to watch but didn't standout that much for me. At the end of last episode there was a statement of 'To be continued...?', I think there is plan for a season 2 on 2016, I really hope they do make it happen.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  18. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Anyone know where or how to download these videos?

19. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
  20. atsukoD

atsukoD Kenkyuusei