1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The 2012 Stage48 Member Ranking

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IXA

IXA Member

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Ixatsu
    Re: The 2012 Stage48 Member Ranking (3 DAYS LEFT!)

i have sent the pm :)

2. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

Its in the first post bottom part just above ithebigc's signature.

3. 48wotamania

48wotamania Kenkyuusei

^ ahh thanks guys :^^;: Thank u Thank u :D yay my name's on the list :D

4. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

Did you receive my votes ?

5. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

Maybe I should clarify step 3 of the rules/directions. What that means is that your name will appear in the list after your votes have been counted, not after you have sent me your list. I do this because I use the list as an indicator of whose ranking is already perfect and counted. About 20% of you make mistakes (leaving out a spot, voting for the same girl twice, not using all your spots, forgetting your negative votes and sending them to me separately, etc.) in your ranking :hmm: which means I have to PM you to get it fixed. If I added everyone that sent me a PM to the list immediately, but then later discovered your ranking has mistakes, then the OP is not a good indicator of whose votes I've already counted, because your name will appear in the list but your ranking actually wouldn't be counted yet.

I do indeed go in chronological order, so when I say I've inputted all votes up to the 16th (PST), that means assuming you sent it to me on the 16th or before, if your ranking has no problems, then I've already counted it and your name appears in the OP. If it had problems and your name is not up there even though you did send it to me on or before the 16th, you received a PM so please check it. It takes a while to tally up each person's 20 or 25 votes, so it's proceeding slowly. Tomorrow I'll again do as much as I can as time permits. If you're worried about whether you actually sent your ranking or not, check either "Sent messages" or "Outbox." If your ranking appears in either of them, then it's just sitting in my inbox for now.

Hope this clears up everything for you all. [think]

6. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

Re: The 2012 Stage48 Member Ranking (LAST DAY TO VOTE!)

yeah it does, and do we have to do negative votes as well?

7. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

no the negative votes are optional.

Though if you used it the first member will automatically count as -5. (I PMed for that answer)

8. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

Today is the last day to vote! If any of you or your friends are still indecisive or intend to vote, please be mindful that this contest closes at 12 am PST on the 26th! That means you have about 10 hrs left as of this message.

Of course, I won't be able to tally up everyone's votes by that time, although I've devoting most of today to that purpose. As long as you sent/send it to me before the deadline, it will be counted. If there's mistakes, I'll give you time to fix it even after the deadline, again, as long as you sent your list to me before 12 am PST. But people, really, read the rules and doublecheck your list so I don't have to PM you...it just stalls everything :cry: I said that last time and people are still sending me lists with mistakes [wonder]

Make sure it's in either your Outbox or your Sent messages if you don't see your name in the OP. I'll be updating the OP periodically throughout the day today too, so probably your name will appear in it sooner or later.

9. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Re: The 2012 Stage48 Member Ranking (ONE HOUR LEFT!)

Well, that's that! It's now past 12 am PST on January 26th, so this contest has officially ended! [party] A big thank you to everyone that participated, you're a part of what makes this forum fun [dance] This ranking each year helps us to see a glimpse of which members the international AKB48 fan community love the most, as the biggest English speaking forum.

Of course, I'm not done counting votes yet, so the names in the OP only reflect anyone that sent their votes in on the 21st and before. As long as you sent me your ranking before the deadline though, don't worry about it, it will be counted and tallied. I'll post a final message here later when everyone's ranking has been recorded. If your name doesn't appear then, that's when you should worry :D

As for when the final results will be out...I have no idea, lol :hehe: I mean, counting the votes is relatively straightforward, but then I have to choose what way to present the information in and how to format it and stuff, so...eh. It'll be posted in another Global Announcement though, so make sure to keep checking the top of every forum.

10. Love_Meetan

Love_Meetan Kenkyuusei

Re: The 2012 Stage48 Member Ranking (VOTING CLOSED!)

where's my name ? i've already send PM to TS but my name is not entered in the list at page one..

11. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Have you read ithebigc's post?

It's only updated till people who send their lists before the 21st.

12. mizu_chan

mizu_chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Twitter:
    mizu_chann

i was before 21st i sent Jan 14 but not my name too?

13. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

mizu_chan, you sent me the updated one (or the one via PM and not mediafire) on the 23rd, so yours counts as the 23rd.

And yes, if I have to PM you for a correct listing, yours goes by the date that you sent me the corrected version. It's just the way I'm organizing the PMs in my inbox folder, by timestamp recorded by forum. I delete the old ones from my inbox and only keep the new ones, so...therefore, goes by new date.

I feel like A LOT of people didn't read what I wrote in the thread :hmm: Hell, several didn't even read the rules before sending me messages :fp: You would think it would be common sense to read the whole OP, but...

14. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

@ithebigc
    Anoooo...I sent to you my ranking in the 24th of January, but I don't see my name in the list, any problem? [sweat]

15. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

If I say I will suspend the next person who asks the same question without reading, will this cause you all to READ THE THREAD?

For the last time, I'm only caught up to people who sent me their rankings on the 21st or before. I'll probably finish up sometime this week, but I have more things to do on the weekend than count votes. Such as, you know, real life.

And I'm serious about that suspension. The next person that asks me "Why is my name not there?" when your most updated list was submitted after the 21st, will be suspended for a full week. I've had more than 5 people ask me already either here or in PMs, when the answer is right here, sometimes in the post RIGHT ABOVE YOURS. If anyone doesn't have the time to even read a couple of posts, then maybe a weeklong ban will cause you to be more patient about reading.

16. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg

^ Maybe you should state the date in the opening post.

Votes received before 01.20 have been counted:
    Or something like that. My English sucks

Because it's obviously that they read the list in the first post, they just have no clue about the progress of the counting process (because they don't read anything else xD).

Anyway. If you manually count the votes that can be time consuming indeed.
    However I was thinking about something simpler. I think using a simple html-javascript code we could just make the counting process much easier from these standard inputs that people send you. It would be just copy-paste the votes (+ correcting them) into a form and then just display the results.

Obviously it's too late to do that now but for the next member ranking (or something similar like that) it should be no problem.
    I will write a demo code in the next few days, experimenting a little and I will let you guys know how far I could get.

17. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama

Glad I voted.

Edited for being stupid. :fp:

18. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Ehh, you probably should the post that is just two posts above you... [think]

@ foodlfg

I guess you can do that, but who's going to write the codes?

Besides that code is not going to be easy to write, you're forget that there are points associated to each ranking plus the sheer amount of members . If there are say 10 members on AKB then sure, it's probably easier to write the codes but the fact there are 200+ members and we are also using weighted point system, that is going to make that code a pain in the ass to write, the float point

The time you spend on writing that code will definitely be longer than just to hand count them enter into a speadsheet.

Besides, I agree with ithebigc if they can't bother to read a post or two above them, it's not the mod's problem.

Even if they only read the opening post and jump the gun, they can still the the posts above, get their answer and then delete or edit their posts, but don't even seem to do that... :fp:

19. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg

[​IMG]

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?nsqmcsd5wye0697

I don't have a server to store this, so just download, unpack it and open the index.html in a browser.
    This is the version 0.7 and it has the main features working. Also, comes with pre-added fake votes for testing purposes. But you can add your own votes too of course if you want to try it out.

I think this is a good start, can make counting the votes very easy. So let me know what you guys think about it. :)

The colorful ones are buttons:

Add Vote: add votes and only accepts that kind of input that is shown on the picture. Later this can be changed. It will be possible to validate the votes the user wants to add, but that is not implemented yet.
    It processes only 4 votes and ranks them as follows 2,1,-1,-2. This is enough for testing. yay

Delete Votes: deletes the current user's votes that are selected. Works but I didn't test it too much. Looks ok though.

< > buttons: user can browse the added votes using them. If the program doesn't show anything, just click on them.

0/0: doesn't work because it's not important.

Default: Shows the results. Other data such as negative/positive votes or displaying users who gave negative points to someone can be implemented too. Not a problem.
    The list is no ordered yet.

Text: shows the result as TAB separated text. Useful for copying into spreadsheets. Can be ordered in excel for example.

BBcode: Not implemented yet. I'm planning to program a simple editor for this (custom BBCodes etc...). That way user doesn't have to edit the BBcodes for every line, just copy it into the forum and it's done.

I will to open a thread for this program btw, don't want to spam this thread with it... :fp:

I will write the code. Of course.
    Actually I have already begun to write it. :)

It's okay, I know what I'm doing.
    This is not that complex task to program btw. Also, how many input you have, that doesn't really effect the code itself actually.

If you mean the different points for different ranks by the weighted point system, I have already programmed that.
    Of course different systems can be used for counting the votes. I'm not sure what you guys exactly use at the moment. But probably I can program that as well. Now my program just adds the votes up.

yeah It's true.

20. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

The Votes Counted section is updated to the 23rd now, so anyone that voted on the 23rd or before should have their names there. There were quite a few of you that submitted on the 23rd that had errors though, so you should have received a PM if so. Please check it and respond ASAP! Your full ranking will then be pushed to the back of the queue though, so don't expect it your name to show in the OP until I count it.

foodlfg, if you could make a program in time for the 2013 Stage48 Member Ranking, that'd be amazing! I mean, it's not super hard work on my part either, having set up the spreadsheet to make all the rows follow the same equation. All I have to do is increase the +15 box, or the +14 box, by one whenever someone votes for that member with that amount of points. With that, all the math I have to do is making sure the numbers match when increasing a value by 1 to make sure I entered in the correct row and column in Excel, and then later I have to sort them by teams and overall. So not hard, just time consuming. I think I spent 2-3 hours today just counting the rankings received on the 22nd and 23rd :hmm: But a dedicated program would make all this a lot faster, haha :XD:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.