1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The 2013 Sousenkyo Stage48 Exit Poll

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, May 20, 2013.

1. Akicha fan in J

Akicha fan in J Kenkyuusei

Re: The 2013 Sousenkyo Stage48 Exit Poll (Midpoint Results O

Just curious, Is this number based on vote by Indo fans alone or by all the non J fans?

2. wahoho

wahoho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru

As expected, Mayu tops in the midpoint. But Sasshi is doing well too. [clap]

I wanted to add more votes for her but I already depleted my cash (used it for NMB and Nogizaka's next single).

In my case, I originally planned to give her 35 votes even before the preliminary result. The additional 10 was because she was first :D

As far as I know, these are the votes from all of Stage48 members who told ithebigc who they voted for.

3. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa

Anna has so many votes! I wonder if it will reflect in the actual results. HKT is really dominating here.

Suumelody, you go girl!

Glad that Yukiko got 5 votes, 2 of them were mine ^_^ I hope she can finally rank this year... The girl is incredibly resilient, and I think she deserves a reward for her hard work!

I'm surprised at how low Yuko is as well. Actually, a lot of Kami members are pretty low. Interesting.

4. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

Whoops, haha, you're right. I don't know why I made that mistake when I was doing it this morning. HRP fixed the numbers, but I'll add the Next Girls/Future Girls separators after this post. Thanks for pointing it out.

Stage48 is a forum hosted in the United States, or at least, most members come from the United States. However, we cater to all English speaking 48 group fans, so really, members come from all parts of the world. We're also the largest English fansite, I would say, so the results would represent a sizable portion of how the international community (as well as a couple people from Japan) voted so far up to now.

5. hobolic

hobolic Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mogishinobu

If we focus on the number of voters rather than the number of votes, it's actually a pretty fair reflection of the girls' popularity (e.g. Oshima Yuko has the 2nd most number of voters after Mayuyu)

The number of votes here is just a reflection of the size of the fans' wallet :p

6. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

HKT beats NMB even here XD

7. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah

Which means Yuko most likely has like 1 vote from most of her voters.

8. Sakura

Sakura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    SakuraMurashige

I'm not sure I would agree with that.
    Let's say you have two people. They each purchase 10 votes. Person A uses his votes on 10 different girls. Person B uses his votes on one girl. That doesn't mean Person B has a bigger wallet, it just looks that way when you are looking at the results. I personally thinking having more dedicated fans is more important than having more casual/transient fans.

9. SophieShiori

SophieShiori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

Ok this it totally off-topic but I wanted to say how great it feels to communicate with other akb48 fans! It's the first time I've felt so excited and motivated as a fan! I'm something of an akb noob but these forums have helped me so much :^^;:

10. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

I agree with you here. Casual fans are much more likely to move on, either from the girl or from the group as a whole. It's the dedicated fans who are voting with a purpose and are firm in their support for a girl. 12 people giving 1 or 2 votes means some of those are not giving votes to Yuko as their oshimen, but because they just like her too, perhaps as a 2nd or 3rd favorite member. It's likely that some of them focused their votes elsewhere on other members. That in itself is one indicator of popularity.

Glad to hear that! That's the whole purpose of these events, to help foster a sense of community within us who're spread far and wide across the world. It's just fun and interesting to know how other people are doing, how they're voting. We staff try to foster that sort of friendly environment, besides taking care of the forum and all that jazz.

11. DKosim

DKosim Kenkyuusei

HKT fans really great.. They are not only able to make HKT surpass NMB, they even make HKT surpass SKE in those results.. [clap]
    I wonder why NMB got a really few votes.. Miyuki and Sayane really popular in 48 groups.. [wonder]
    And Yuria still make it into senbatsu, really happy for her.. [party]

12. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

The HKT fans on this forum are intense. In terms of just s48, I'm kind of curious if HKT is mainly popular with newer AKB fans who wanted an opportunity to champion a 48 group from its initial conception, or if they're older fans who just like fresh faces?

13. winxred12

winxred12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna

I think it's a little bit of both. Personally I have been a fan since 2008 but I never got really into the fandom, I watched their releases and other thing but never cared to become more involved. Then my i guess "oshi" graduated in 2011 and had no interest in other girls. But seeing HKT made me want to get involved in the fandom to prevent history to repeat itself.

14. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

damn, i must say i'm very proud of Haruppi success here in Stage48. Maybe my banner was very effective? :awesome:

15. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina

Please do make sure to inform me when HKT bring in 40 billion yen in tourism and revenue to Fukuoka, the way NMB have to Kansai.

16. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

It's the first option for me. I really like AKB, but if you're just joining the fandom (like I am) it can be overwhelming. There's a lot of history, a lot of "baggage". Here in S48 the older fans are constantly talking about past events, like scandals, or who did what when, or who doesn't get along with whom... Most of this stuff just whooshes over my head. Plus if you add up the current members, the KKS and the graduated members, that's a ton of people whose names and faces you have to learn. That's why I've found myself more interested in HKT. Like you said, it feels like their story is just starting and I can be a part of that from the beginning.

17. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Just wanted to say that happened to me exactly too, for several months I felt like I couldn't follow conversations here because of all the 'insider knowledge' of past and current affairs you have to have. I just spent a LOT of time learning like watching AKBingo from the beginning, reading tons of threads and articles and stuff to catch up and eventually did. I think it ends up taking lots and lots of time to catch up. I can't even imagine how it's going to be for new fans on down the line if the 48 group keeps growing like it does. There's so, so much to follow it's mind-boggling. And there's no one place where the information is all contained in an organized timeline manner. :D

I actually never thought about the "HKT is starting from the ground up and people might want to be a part of watching/helping it grow" angle for HKT's popularity. I guess that is the case, huh! I tend to see the 48 groups as just one giant thing that's been around for years so I never thought about it that way. I always ascribed that feeling to KKS and girls who need a bit of help, but not to a whole group. Very interesting :chuffed:

18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

40 billion yen? Lets have a link to those stats please.

@Silenka - HKT48 are still in a relatively early stage compared to their sister groups so they're still going through that learning and improving phase which is fascinating to watch. Also the the HKT girls are are fresh and they don't have seniors blocking them like in AKB48 (not that I dislike the Kami8, far from it) and while they're rawer than the other groups they have energy and enthusiasm.

Added to that, the girls are extremely busy on G+ and seem to be bonded with each other because they're together all the time and as yet they don't have a great deal of outside work (aside from Sasshi of course). The Haruppi and Meru threads are very active other threads like Mio, Sakura and Sasshi are getting more active and hopefully as the other girls get more attention they'll get busier too.

I'm not surprised that Haruppi got a good number of votes in the S48 midpoint poll but I am a little surprised that Meru and Sakura didn't get some more votes. I am however glad that Mariko didn't do too badly seeing as her thread in the AKB48 girls forum is pretty dead.

19. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Oh you don't need to tell me, HKT is my favorite group after AKB itself [hehe]

They are really awesome and amazing to watch for sure.

I'm really not that surprised that so many HKT girls ranked in both the sousenkyo prelims and the one here.
    I'm hoping very hard that at least 3 or 4 (not including Sasshi) can rank in the election, if not more than that. But it might be a little too much to ask. I think Sakura, Haruppi and possibly Madoka have good chances but beyond that...

20. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

You forgot to mention Mio and Meru. They almost locks to be ranked.