1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The 2013 Sousenkyo Stage48 Exit Poll

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, May 20, 2013.

1. Angelii

Angelii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kishinorika
    Re: The 2013 Sousenkyo Stage48 Exit Poll (Midpoint Results O

That would be from one of their shows.
    viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5885#p700563

2. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Re: The 2013 Sousenkyo Stage48 Voting Booth and Exit Poll

Despite a lot of people getting annoyed with Sasshi in first, it seems like she has a strong fanbase everywhere. Now you can't just blame it on the Japanese wotas ;p

Glad to see Paruru so high~ Wish Tomochin was a bit higher (though I still have five more votes to give her, not to mention others). Yay for Rena and Sae too~ Speaking of which, you spelt "Miyazawa" wrong hehe
    Anna! Yes~ HKT is doing so well! Lots of Mii-chan support compared to the real prelims too. NMB is kinda dead here though.. And graduated members! I wonder how these guys will turn out in the actual election.
    Takamina fans, where are you?? Surprised Mocchi isn't a bit higher - she has a solo coming up right? Lovetan~ Sayanee over Milky, but why is Milky so low? Lemon and Wasamin so low too..

Interesting results! Can't wait for the final count and the election~!

3. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

A bit of both, I would say. I've been a fan of AKB for a very long time, and they're still my favorite group with the most members I care about. There's enough fresh faces in AKB or my 2nd favorite group NMB with the whole 2nd chapter thing that I don't really have to go looking for new faces in HKT, but there's something very alluring about such a young group, not in terms of the fact that they're the newest group, but in the fact that everyone in the group is so young. It presents a different dynamic from all the other groups.

HoneyRoastedPeanuts touched on this in the actual sousenkyo thread, but I think growth is extremely important for any idol. It's the reason I'm more excited for Mayuyu than ever before right now, because she's going through so much growth. It's the same with HKT, but on a whole groupwide level. You don't need to look for a kenkyuusei to see growth, because this group is full of it, helped along by Sasshii (and perhaps, made even more apparent by the contrast of the older Sasshii and the much younger group). I think a lot of people are easily drawn by that, whether they're aware of it or not. Because this group is so young, everyone has a ways to go, and it's very interesting to see and be a part of all of it especially since you don't even have to work hard to see it. It's just there as soon as you look at the group.

I think that happens with everyone no matter what time they join the fandom. It takes a little bit of time and learning to get used to everything. But that's something all new people had to go through, when I joined in 2008, and now for people just joining us in 2013 too. The good thing about the forum is that everything is kept though, so if you have the interest, you can easily find out about the group's history just by reading old topics and watching how everyone interacts. If people don't understand something, they can ask questions and people are more than happy to answer if you're willing to learn.

I think that's why some people start out by lurking at first, and then joining into the discussion. I hope more and more people will continue to do so :)

4. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Very interesting responses to my HKT fan question, thanks for satisfying my curiousity! :) I spent ten years in H!P fandom and the personal "growth" of the members never really seemed a consideration for fans (generally, new members were derided for awhile) so I'm continually intrigued by these aspects of AKB fandom.

5. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

Please note that rule #7 has been added to the OP.

Most of you won't be affected by this, but HoneyRoastedPeanuts and I had some trouble confirming votes from some people recently, hence, the addition of this rule. When I began this exit poll and when people conducted it in the past years, it was done on good faith that no one would bother to lie about how many votes they had given. After all, I thought there was no point whatsoever in lying here - these results don't affect anything, it's not a popularity contest and you're only hurting your own oshi in the end.

But, me and HRP have been proven wrong this time, so on occasion, we might ask one of you to provide just a simple picture of your CDs or your voting slips along with a piece of paper with your username next to the stacks. Something simple that won't take more than a couple min and won't invade your privacy. The idea is, if you claim to have voted so and so times and it's a relatively big number, you'll have SOME proof of it somewhere. If someone asked me to show them all 50+ tickets I currently have, I would have no problem providing proof of it right here and now, so others shouldn't either.

The exit poll exists for one purpose only, to see how the Stage48 community voted as a whole, that's it. It's not a pissing contest to see who can vote more. So please don't make up votes for your oshi, ok? If anyone reading this decides to retract their votes because they did make up something, just send me a simple PM saying so, there will be no consequences and your username will not be publicized.

And that's that. Just some administrative stuff I had to get out of the way. Please return to your discussion :^^;:

6. Kirameku

Kirameku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi

I love those results! Aanya and Sumire ranked so high :inlove: I want them to rank on Sousenkyou at least, really :awesome:

7. meimei

meimei Kenkyuusei

I find it sad that you've had to do the new rule this year. It does make it a little more difficult with auctions votes etc for some. Can completely understand your reasoning though, it's shocking that people can be so dishonest :cry:

I find these results quite interesting actually. NMB support isn't probably represented I feel [sealed]

8. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

I just sent you a PM. I think in your case, it's still very easy to verify :) A simple screenshot of the auctions you won (perhaps next to a piece of paper with your username) is enough. Last year I won 36 of my votes through auctions too, so I'm quite familiar with people using auctions to get codes. My verification process is not some strict thing, I just need to sort of make sure. The rule is not meant to block any legitimate votes, I want as many votes as possible in the final results as possible that were really cast.

I really wish I didn't have to do this anyways, but circumstances force me to :^^;:

EDIT: Removed some erroneous information. I had misunderstood something.

9. Explorerdk

Explorerdk Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Even though Im sorta new and green here... I seem to have catched the Sousenkyo bug and now I want to vote, so I hunted down some votes on ebay... (however that will fair, we will see :p)

I fell over this vid on Youtube, while searching for an "Hold my hand and show me how to vote in this Sousenkyo" video, which shows an subbed history of the Sousenkyo, the first one it seems :p

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YerQDJ2qH1k[/yt]
    AKB48 - The story of the Senbatsu Election [English subs]

Another thing... I found an way to watch Fujitv online, thru, of all things, an chinese service :p - jtv24.com they have an Free section (ads are annoying there) and an VIP Version for 22 USD and I works for me atleast :) Ill help if ppl wants help with that - PM me if need :)

/Steven AKA Explorerdk

10. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

The election will be streamed live - and in full length - on YouTube so there's no need to jump through those kind of hoops.

11. Explorerdk

Explorerdk Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

Sorry about that... and thanks for the tip :) As noted before... still new, that's great it will be stream on YT :) Ill look forward to that... still it is interesting to watch the different Jap. channels, also getting used to language better in my case :)

I will admit... I like to research stuff coupled with an interest for Tech and I like to find ways to help... which was why I posted about what I found :)

/Steven AKA Explorerdk

12. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

The results look a bit peculiar (Takamina ranking 38th, for example, seems very odd to me). However, the fact that the forum is 'quite small' (in comparison with the whole fandom, I mean) led to some results that are very unlikely in the real elections. Take Moriyasu Madoka (11th) and Yuko (14th) for example (it's just an example, there's no need to get mad at me if you voted for Madoka). Here 25 votes made a difference and allowed Madoka to rank 11th but, in the real election, if there are 12 fans who vote for Yuko for each fan who votes for Madoka I'm sure the outcome will be absolutely different.

13. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Not everyone has their cds or votes yet, which explains a lot too. I got another code last night and will getting 10 more cds in a few days. Additionally, not everyone here, even if they are voting, will come and join our little event.

It's just a bit of fun to see how different our fandom is to the fandom as a whole :)

14. winxred12

winxred12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna

Also I think that people that have an oshi that is already popular know that they will rank so will give a vote or two to their oshi and the rest o a girl they want to see rank because they know that their oshi will definitively rank.

Seeing anya rank makes me happy. Honestly I would probably be crying tears of joy even if she places on the sixties.

15. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Exactly. I like both Mayuyu and Yuuko, but I wouldn't vote for them because I know their already guaranteed top 3. Sure, other members I vote for are guaranteed senbatsu, but their positions are more like to be less stable, so I'd like to try and keep them where they are.

I'd love Anya to rank! Heck, even if its 64, I wanna see her rank!

16. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

Random fact again: We currently have 1338 votes, which is already more than double what we had last year (635 x 2 = 1270), and I still have like a page of votes left to go through in my inbox and with more than 5 days left to go in the election. A big high five to everyone here at Stage48!

17. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg

^ do we have this many new users or just everybody is more active?
    It looks like the international fandom is growing. Nice. : )

I wonder how many votes other forums have. [think]

18. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

I would suspect that a lot of it is down to HRP's vote sale which made it very easily to get reliably get cheap votes if you are outside Japan.

I know that if he hadn't have done that then I would likely have only gone with 6 votes (one set of regular and one set of limited CDs) and adjusted my voting accordingly (and hence probably not got a couple more votes off of eBay). As it was I ended up casting 18 votes instead, so three times what I was originally planning on going with.

19. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg

^ Yeah, It makes sense. I forgot to take this into account.

20. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

i find it strange of this huge amount of vote since the peak of AKB was in 2012 and not in 2013 in particulary.

Or was it directly linked with Stage48 getting a revamp of his forum in 2013?