The 2013 Stage48 Member Ranking

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Re: The 2013 Stage48 Member Ranking (VOTING CLOSED!)

Yes, you'll need to be patient a bit longer, I'm sure ithebigc is working hard on it...
    [​IMG]
    ...ooops, wrong picture :p
    [​IMG]
    Yes, that's better! ;)
    Don't worry, I'm sure our votes will be counted soon. :)

2. moonlit

moonlit Member

It's progressing, it's progressing :awesome: The vote count it progressing!
    I guess with the recent Shuffle there's a lot more to do than just counting ^_^ adding RL into it too...

3. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

I have finished counting every single ranking that I received in January, which was really the bulk of the rankings. Now I will continue with the rankings or corrected rankings received in February. If you sent it in January but your name still does not appear in the OP, then one of the following things happened.

1) Something went wrong with your ranking while you were trying to send it to me. Now is the time to contact me if so.

2) You made a mistake in your ranking such as putting a member in your list twice or forgetting to put the point values next to each member's name. In this case, I've sent you a PM inviting you to correct your ranking so please do so ASAP. If you send me a corrected ranking, those go by the new timestamp so they will not be counted until towards the end.

3) Your ranking was disqualified. This is very rare and I think it only affects 4-5 rankings, but I disqualified rankings for two different reasons.

- If rankings were sent by the same person using multiple different accounts, obviously the rankings were thrown out. Don't do something like this again or I will ban you the next time I catch you. We (meaning the staff) have ways of confirming this.
    - If you showed a complete inability to read the OP and understand the rules, like how I wrote in the OP twice that you must send me a full list of 20 members since it helps differentiates the point values. Normally I am forgiving with mistakes, but those people that sent me a ranking with like four people or who made up their own point values...that's not a small mistake. Or the people that PMed me asking how to participate when all the instructions are in the OP. :fp: Sorry, if you can't spend the 5 min it takes to completely understand the rules, I'm not spending the time to count your ranking. Now you have a year to read the OP and understand it before next year to represent your oshimen! :awesome:

I will post again when I'm finished with all the February ones, and from there, the sorting begins and of course, the results! :omg:

4. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

What does OP mean? So I have no idea how to find all the voters because I have no idea what OP stands for, except of course for One Piece but that's an Anime/Manga.

5. karles48

He means the first post of the thread (I guess OP stands for Opening Post); it includes the rules and the votes that have been counted this far.

6. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc

A notice to everyone: I highly intend to finish counting all rankings by this weekend since I actually kind of have time for once. You'll notice that fair progress has been made the past couple of days too. That means results should be coming as early as next week once I have them all sorted and formatted. The schedule for how the ranking will be revealed will be determined once I figure out how many girls actually did rank.

That also means for those people that made a mistake in their ranking who I've PMed but haven't yet heard back from, you only have until this weekend to send corrections in (with rare exceptions) because I'm just as impatient as everyone else is to finally see how our ranking will look this year and much more importantly, the discussion which is really the favorite part of doing this every year. If you can't get your corrections in by this weekend, then better luck next year with doublechecking your ranking :XD:

Lastly, I'm currently in the middle of counting rankings sent in Feb. 8th (JST). If you sent your ranking in before Feb 8th and you have no PM to correct your ranking from me and your name is not in the OP, please contact me ASAP. If your ranking was sent in Feb. 8th or later, keep a watch on the OP or your inbox just in case you made an error in your ranking and need corrections this weekend.

Otherwise, please look forward to the results everyone and thank you for participating!

7. Sakura

Sakura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    SakuraMurashige

Oh man we're almost there! I was afraid you guys would already be collecting PMs for the election votes before this was finished. Looking forward to the results.

8. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Well, that is that. After two months of counting, I have finally counted every single ranking I ever received! [whew] That means EVERYONE's name is now in the OP, with the exception of those that made a mistake and have yet to submit their corrected version to me.

That's avanpiper, Andi Ilham, Princess Caca, ReadyFortyEight, the_kaizar, Naaruru, and Slacker13. From the time of this post, you have a little less than 9 hours to send them in (deadline is Sunday, March 16, 11:59 pm Japanese Standard Time), otherwise your ranking is automatically disqualified so if any of the listed people are reading this, get them in! Mistakes should take you no longer than 5 minutes to fix, just fix it RIGHT.

And next year, everyone please, please, please doublecheck your ranking before sending it in. I swear 20% of you had errors that I had to follow up on. That's ridiculous and slows down the pace of my counting greatly since I have to contact you all individually and explain what's wrong.

We just missed 200 people due to me having to disqualify some rankings (haha, nice try, those with duplicate accounts, but no) but 185, not counting anyone that might send in corrected rankings within 9 hours, is quite a respectable number. Remember, we had 117 people last year so this is a 58% increase!

Unless one of the people listed votes for one of the girls that haven't gotten any points yet, this year Stage48 voted for a total 326 girls, out of a possible 449. That means 123 members got no votes whatsoever while 326 girls either got at least one positive or negative point. Compared with last year's 252 girls that ranked, and we have an increase of 74 new girls :^^;:

To accommodate for so, so many girls and give everyone a chance to shine, not just the top, the schedule for the revealing of results will be like this.

Monday, March 17th - Ranks 251-326
    Tuesday, March 18th - Ranks 201-250
    Wednesday, March 19th - Ranks 151-200
    Thursday, March 20th - Ranks 101-150
    Friday, March 21st - Ranks 51-100
    Saturday. March 22nd - Ranks 26-50
    Sunday, March 23rd - Ranks 11-25
    Monday, March 24th - Top 10

And for those wondering why it's split up like that or why results are not revealed more quickly, it's because formatting, color-coding and writing everything up is a total pain and will take more hours per day out of my life and I have a midterm and a long speech this week :wall: 50 a day will be what I can manage, except for the first day where I'll have to list all Ranks 251-326 and all 123 people that didn't rank in the second post...hah...*dies* Plus, I hope with 50 revealed a day that'll be enough to drive discussion every day before you all move on to the next day's set of girls, which is the whole point of doing these events.

9. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    ^ Well done champ [clap]

Kicking myself for not participating this year but dang, anxious to see how everyone voted anyways. hehe

10. karles48

That's utterly cruel, you're worse than Aki-P!! :lol: Now seriously, thanks again for all the hard work, specially for the one that often goes unnoticed. [clap]

11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    A week to see the full list? Is this payback for making you count all those votes? :yikes:

Really though, good work getting them counted. I know you are about as slammed with stuff as one can be, so sticking with this, thanks. [clap] Looking forward to where all the girls placed. Most especially the ones I voted for. [hehe]

12. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Yay ithebigc!! [clap]
    Will the result be revealed on this thread?

13. moonlit

moonlit Member

CONGRATULATIONS~ :D And thank you.

...I think there's going to be a new thread for results, right? [shock]

14. takamina<31994

takamina<31994 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    Congratulations for finishing! [clap] Also, thank you for your hard work (even though I couldn't vote yet ^-^) I really appreciate the effort :)

15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Nice to see you survive lol :p. Congrats

and can't wait for the rankings :)

16. ZerodotZero

ZerodotZero Kenkyuusei

Nice ^^ Good job on surviving counting all the votes :p looking forward the the results ^^

17. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    thanks for the hard work,ah i think revealing little by litte is interesting especially when you see big names on the bottom of rank, it can create intersting discussion

18. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Now I can only pray Takamina wins for the 4th consecutive time [speechless]

19. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    You're welcome, everyone! I appreciate the thanks, and if you all enjoy this event, that's enough reason for me to keep doing this every year.
    Kind of :hehe: More like, this took two months, I better get some fun out of this along with everyone else :XD:

Anyways, I'm going to direct everyone's attention to the results thread which is what will be updated daily. Please go discuss anything related to the ranking to your heart's content here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7371.

Meanwhile, this thread will be locked and then destickied once enough people notice the new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.