The 2014 Stage48 Member Ranking (All Votes Counted!)

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    Do grads count?

2. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Because I've already caught someone trying to use multiple accounts to cheat, let me make this clear: Anyone caught will have both (or however many) accounts banned for a time as well as a permanent warning issued to both accounts, unremovable by anyone except staff. Do not try to game the system. We have multiple ways of checking, and the risk is not worth the reward.

3. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    @Crests If the grad was still an active member at anytime in 2014, then yes they count. If you are not sure about a specific person/s, @ithebigc provided a list of members eligible for ranking in the first page of the thread.;)

4. achanoshiJKT

achanoshiJKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    Hasn't the vote started yet? It should be on Feb 22 at 12 am JST right?

5. Kris Poh

Kris Poh Kenkyuusei

If I only follow Paruru and only post on Paruru thread. Can I just put one name in the list

6. Lalatz

Lalatz Kenkyuusei

Oh....
    Haha i forgot to see that, because to exciting..
    Have i must vote again? Haha :^^;:
    Sorry my bad....

7. TakaOshiMina

TakaOshiMina Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    so does that mean i have to vote again ???? because i already sent my votes yesterday!!!~~~

8. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

this interesting
    20 members heh :shock:
    usually i only interested in a few members not up dozens like this :rolleyes:
    I must think first

9. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    lol no you can't sorry

10. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    @TakaOshiMina @achanoshiJKT @Lalatz

If you sent your rankings too early, you're fine. The start time was just there because I wanted people to think about their rankings a bit before submitting them, but if you're that sure of your top 20 it's not like I won't count your ranking for that reason. I'll PM anyone if I have a problem with their ranking.

Also, I think you all submitted them within the time period anyway. It's Feb 22, 9:57 pm in Japan right now, which means this ranking started 22 hours ago. :)

11. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

What on earth would be a personal reason for disliking a member? Really bad handshake experience, I guess? I don't think anyone here has enough of an intimate relationship with a member to dislike them on a personal level. :^O^: I understand your point, just found the wording amusing! Oh well, I skipped using any negative votes again this year, because I'm a ~grown-up~!

12. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    A personal reason simply means they should have their own reason for doing so. For example, if the girl was in a scandal and the person didn't like her actions in that scandal or how she handled it, I think that's a legit reason for giving her negative points. It's a personal reason because different people might feel different about the issue. Handshake experiences would be another I guess, if they ruined that person's day or something, haha.

An example of an unjustified reason would be people voting down girls simply because they're popular. Then you're simply not liking their popularity, not because they actually dislike the girl and it would unfair to vote the girl down for something not necessarily in their control.

Hope that clears things up! :p Generally, in the past after the results were all revealed and some people voluntarily chose to reveal their reasoning for each vote, I could follow their train of thought whether or not I agreed with their opinion. Different strokes for different folks is the key phrase. :) That's why they're personal!

13. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    ok, just to join in on the discussion, why is there a need for a "justified reason" to dislike a member? Isn't dislike/hate very much similar to like/love? We can always try to qualify why we like our favorite member but it will really just go down to preference/taste/choice.

14. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    I think what ithebigc is trying to say diplomatically is, don't be negging Rena if your a Jurina oshi, don't be negging Mayu if you a Sasshi oshi etc.
    Which is what happens every year, some of the more popular members get as many negative votes as positive ones due to people trying to strategically ruin the chances of their oshi's main rivals.

At least that's how I read it.

15. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Personally, I did not use my negative votes in a strategic manner but rather on the simple reason that I don't like those members. Still, if some people are using it "strategically" with the hope that their oshi will fair better than their oshi's rival, I don't see why those people shouldn't or can't.

We're asked to give our personal "ranking" and if being the rival of one's oshi is reason enough for some to ranked that member low, then so be it.

16. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    Well let's say negative votes are used merely to alter results to one's benefit than for having any negative reason at all. Like if I was a Mayu fan and wanted her to be first I would have to vote down Takamina to help ensure that. Not a good reason to use negative voting now is it? If it's because they are legitimate rivals and this is something more in tune with what really goes on between the members and not just to top a list, than sure I can buy that. I don't think popularity is a bad choice for negative voting however; the more people agree on something, the harder the disagreement will be.

He's just asking that you be serious about it and don't deliberately try to mess up the results, that's all.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  17. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Although that reasoning has it's own problems if you're only choosing to vote for members to rank high rather than members that are actually your favorites.

18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    This is the fundamental flaw in the current voting system. But it is the way we have been doing it for a while, and we have had this debate before. At the end of the day people are going to do what they are going to do.

It's too bad though. I had a conversation a while back with a certain former(?) moderator who had a great idea for changing the voting system which I believe would end this debate about negative votes. You would be given a specific amount of votes, positive or negative. Hypothetically, let's say 20. There was no requirement to vote for 20 members. You could use your 20 votes on one person, or on 20 people. Each vote could be used as a positive or a negative. So using a negative vote would take away from your available positive votes, and vice versa. I'd be interested in the results under those parameters. I guess the downside would be that you would have a lot more members not being voted for at all since I am sure a great many people would use all 20 to vote for their oshimen. But it would certainly cut down on the strategic negative voting.

19. trxsh

trxsh Member

2013 members with the most haterz™ (overall rank, name, minus points, # of votes)
    6. Shimazaki Haruka -93 (20 minus votes)
    20. Matsui Jurina -71 (20 minus votes)
    17. Minegishi Minami -61 (15 minus votes)
    29. Sashihara Rino -59 (19 minus votes)
    3. Watanabe Mayu -58 (15 minus votes)
    80. Iriyama Anna -41 (12 minus votes)
    38. Tashima Meru -40 (16 minus votes)

I don't know if this is done before in the 2013 thread, if so my apologies! It was just a lot of pages of numbers ^^;

20. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    Good one. I never thought of that, probably because the concept of a top 20 sounds so fun in the first place.

The negative votes seem honest enough when I look at them (and not many either). Luckily most people probably can name 20 favorites from being in this fandom long enough, or be excited to see where the members they liked ended up. Also, knocking someone else down doesn't guarantee any kind of victory anyway, so what's the use in that I guess.

A greater risk often leads to a greater reward, so why not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.