1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The 2014 Stage48 Member Ranking (All Votes Counted!)

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

my initial ranking included negative votes, but after thinking it over, i asked to remove them from my ballot.

The question was: Were these 5 girls really THAT annoying, that i need to negatively reward them? In the end, they were not. For example, my list included Nyannyan, because she needs to stop her grad shenagigans, and Tani and Kaotan, because i find them annoying and ugly, but in the end all of them were still entertaining me and made me smile. So, i figured my fandom should be about "love", not "hate".

2. MiniTokki

MiniTokki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Damn, gotta spam the forum !

jk

3. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I'm very doubtful if I should participate. I haven't done it before. First, the last 5-10 would be more or less a lottery. I only follow a couple of members and have no opinion about the others. And second, I really dislike the possibility to use negative votes. I don't know if it's this forum or the whole fandom but I can't remember I've ever seen so much hate and dislike. If you don't like a girl, leave her and chose someone other, there's hundreds of them. Why spend a lot of energy on hate?

4. Risshi

Risshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kojima Mako
    Oh it's my first participation ! :D

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  5. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @Risshi

Per Rule #4 at this point your votes are supposed to be kept private.

6. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    you know you can't spam, right??

anyway, already have my ranking ready, sending them in when i'm free, lol, i think this is my 2nd time doing this, or is it 3rd??, can't remember if i did the 2012 version

7. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    I really hoped the rules about negative votes and having to vote for 20 members would have been revised this year.

All the negative votes do is foster bad vibes. Especially since I suspect most of them are being voted not because of the member, but because of either management decisions or dislike for their fans. I know it's a choice whether or not to use them, but it just makes this forum and the fans here seem spiteful and mean. I can't imagine a Japanese fan group doing something similar.

Also feels kind of unfair to force us to rank 20 members. Why can't I rank who I really like?

8. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I don't get the big fuss about "hating" (or fine, disliking) a member. Being allowed not to like a member is one of the things I like in the AKB fandom. There's no pretentious "if you don't like one member, you're not a fan of the group" rule that I observed in other fandoms (SNSD comes to mind).

I like it that I'm allowed to not like some members. It allows me to feel a wider range of emotions than just being a sappy, I-love-all fan. Like when watching the sousenkyo result, it's amazing how being happy, sad, angry, surprised, etc can be experience all in a short amount of time.

My brother and I are both AKB fans. Jurina is my favorite member and he "hates" Jurina (Maeda was his #1 member) yet we enjoy discussing AKB48.

9. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    @filipinosayakafan I agree with you. I think it makes for more interesting conversation when you can meet someone whose oshi is someone you "hate" and then you can discuss your opinions in a more rewarding, challenging way: provided you debate rather than argue. I know this forum has allowed me to see points of view I had not before considered, particularly around ssk and janken times of year [hehe] Furthermore, I think the downvoting system is not necessarily bad - if you genuinely dislike a member you should be able to express your whole opinion, not just the positive rankings.

10. Risshi

Risshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kojima Mako
    Oh ! i see ! Thank you ! :eek:

11. saki48

saki48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Sent my votes. I'm thinking of initially using the negative votes but in the end not to. I'm also on the side of people hoping the negative votes will be revise later on. Even if we're suppose to use negative votes if only we have a personal dislike on any girls' action in 2014(or whatever it is), I can see more people actually sending negative votes to girls they don't like/hate/pushed by management, even if there's no justified reason for it. It's not about whether we're allowed or not to hate/dislike the members, but there's enough of this 'hate' all over the threads. Just my opinion :)

12. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    These two posts hit it on the head. The reason negative votes were conceived in the first place was for members to represent their grievances against events in a certain year. The year Sasshi had her scandal, she was downvoted all the way to the bottom. Enough members disapproved of her in that one incident that it was shown in our results, which is the whole purpose of doing this annually - a snapshot of which members are most liked by the larger part of the 48 Group international fandom at one point in time. Then, the next year, Sasshi recovered completely, getting a fairly high rank as was expected; people liked her turnaround and what she was doing with HKT48. That's how the system is supposed to work.

The second I get a hint that the majority of people are abusing it (for example, a large number of Takamina oshis downvoting Mayuyu or vice versa) I'll eliminate negative votes completely. Use negative points responsibly, or no one will be able to use them at all. It's easy enough to see trends when I'm the one counting these rankings manually, one by one.

13. junjou19

junjou19 Member

@filipinosayakafan
    @チームさや姉推し spock

Yes. It annoys me when people look down on members for using negative points. Our negative opinions are just as valid as your positive opinions (not onions)! Just because you decided.not to use your negative points doesn't make you any more mature than those who do.

If anyone can't figure out who to rank, PM me and I'll give you some members lol

I'm actually serious though

14. trxsh

trxsh Member

^actually that's kind of like voting twice, everyone is meant to vote for who they like.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with not liking members, but maybe the reason people don't like the idea of hating on specific girls is also having to do with the fact that most of the time people don't really seem to have logical reasons to dislike a member, they're just not their "type", or their charm points don't appeal to them. Which is fine. It's just when people are going on to needlessly bash the girls and attack their fans that it's not constructive anymore. It's also kind of pointless since there are so many girls in the group, of course there's space for some that aren't to your taste. They might appeal to someone else.
    Anyway, from what ithebigc was saying there is enough of a point to down voting, that is, to show who the fandom as a whole is hating right now and over the years.
    I guess it can be interesting, lol.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  15. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Telling people to abolish the downpoint system is the same telling them to hold back how they feel, if you everyone felt the same way about the group, than no one would even use it. But yet, year after year people still use it and fans favorites are different just as they are a source of bad times.

16. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Ya know, telling people they are wrong for not liking the negative point system is no different than saying you don't like the use of it. How about we all stop being hypocritical.

In any case, nobody is saying is has to be a "love fest". Some question the use of the negative votes as a tactical tool as opposed to how they really feel about the idol as a person. Others are wondering whether are we really disliking that idol for who they are, or how they are being utlized by management? If those are your reasons, I can see why some might think of it as being superficial and lame.

I think part of the confusion lies in how we interpret what a negative vote really means. I get that many here interpret it as simply "I'm not a fan", and that's cool. In fact I can think of quite a few reasons why someone might be critical of an idol. To the other extreme, some interpret it as "hate", which is not necessarily what the voter means with their negative vote.

Just trying to see both sides of the coin.

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

In that case then a seperate vote for "most unpopular member" or something would be more appropriate, downvoting in the poll is too easily used as a tactical device or as a means of getting back at board members who people have clashed with.

Last year I did use downvotes but looking back I think I was probably too harsh, downvoting seems to go against what the spirit of being a 48-group fan should be.

People bitch about members, the group and managementd on pretty much every thread on this board, it's not like people don't have a platform to repeatedly air their grievances. Some of the criticisms have become so predictable that the board has spawned it's own tropes at this point. Nobody is telling anyone how to post, just mentioning that affecting an election by this device is not the best way of doing it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TakaOshiMina

TakaOshiMina Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    why arguing too much ??? if ppl want to use minus points let them , if they don't want to use minus points then it's okay too !!!
    why make it so complicated ?!lolz

• Like Like x 1
  19. うぃむ33

うぃむ33 Kenkyuusei

This is my first time voting too! I'm really happy to be able to participate. I went back and read the thread from last year, it seemed really fun! I might read the one from two years ago too if I'm not too busy. It's always nice to see what people thought at a certain point in time.

I will also use my negative votes. I'm not sure why some people see the negative votes as hating. I don't "hate" any members, for me I will use the negative votes for members that I kind of don't like (there's very few of them). It may be for various reasons, like maybe I don't like their MC's, or their persona on stage, or whatever. But it's never this strong feeling of dislike/hate, which looking through the last years thread some people feel like it is. In a group with what, 500+ members, I think it's natural too not like a few, just like it is natural to like some as well. To me that's one of the spirits of AKB, someone for everyone. Conversely if there is someone for everyone, there are also going to be members with personas that you don't like as much.

But I am happy that I am able to show both positive and negative viewpoints in this ranking.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Nobody in here is saying anyone can't hate a member. At all. What we're saying is you can hate your little heart out all year, you can talk about it anytime you want. It's just not the purpose of this yearly poll.

Personally I will never support negative votes because I've seen enough people around here who have no respect for what this is supposed to represent - your feelings about the girls in the group. I anticipate two of my oshis will get a number of negative votes. One because people who made up their minds years ago haven't bothered to look at the changing times, but I'm all right with that (as much as I can be, anyway) because that's how they honestly feel about her.

The other I think has a possibility of getting downvoted because people do not like some of her fans' attitudes. That's not her fault, and that's not something she can control, but it won't change what will happen. Because people are spiteful and even being told explicitly that's not why you should use negative votes, they will anyway because there is no accountability on using those downvotes with the one exception of if a trend can be seen that it's strategic.

There are girls that I don't like. I have considered using negative votes and I think that in my case, I would be using them fairly because they are opinions I have formed from watching those girls, not by watching what mgmt has done with them or how crappy their fans are. But I will not in the end use the negative votes because I don't condone this system that's so easily abused.

It would be nice if people would take this poll for what it is, but I'm sure, as usual, there will be high levels of dramatics and personal vendettas against users rather than cool headed opinions and discussions.

Take everything with a grain of salt and try not to lose your heads, right?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.