1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The 2014 Stage48 Member Ranking Results (Top 10 Revealed!)

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, Mar 23, 2015.

1. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

my list:
    01. Shibata Aya (+15)
    02. Ota Yuuri (+10)
    03. Kodama Haruka (+9)
    04. Moriyasu Madoka (+8)
    05. Watanabe Miyuki (+7)
    06. Matsui Rena (+6)
    07. Matsumura Kaori (+5)
    08. Yamamoto Sayaka (+5)
    09. Akiyoshi Yuka (+4)
    10. Kushiro Rina (+4)
    11. Miyazato Rira (+4)
    12. Yagura Fuuko (+3)
    13. Isohara Kyoka (+3)
    14. Miyamae Ami (+3)
    15. Owada Nana (+2)
    16. Ishizuka Akari (+2)
    17. Nishimura Aika (+2)
    18. Zhao JiaMin (+1)
    19. Ju JingYi (+1)
    20. Yabushita Shu (+1)

suprise with paru tho O.O Takamina place 2 <3

2. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

My full ranking:

01. Okada Nana (+15)
    02. Takahashi Minami (+10)
    03. Yamamoto Sayaka (+9)
    04. Hirata Rina (+8)
    05. Sashihara Rino (+7)
    06. Kodama Haruka (+6)
    07. Matsui Jurina (+5)
    08. Oshima Yuko (+5)
    09. Furukawa Airi (+4)
    10. Motomura Aoi (+4)
    11. Kojima Haruna (+4)
    12. Sato Amina (+3)
    13. Tano Yuuka (+3)
    14. Kuramochi Asuka (+3)
    15. Shimazaki Haruka (+2)
    16. Tani Marika (+2)
    17. Matsumura Kaori (+2)
    18. Kotani Riho (+1)
    19. Yokoyama Yui (+1)
    20. Suga Nanako (+1)

Takamina's negative votes could have happened for a variety of reasons. Number one is probably the forum-wide dislike of some of the more outspoken Takamina fans here. We can call it "The Akicha effect". [hehe] But also there's a reason she's not #1 on my list this year. As much as she loves the group it just seems like she's been coasting the past couple years, not really putting as much effort and passion into things. That's understandable with how long she's been in the group, but at that point it's really time for a girl to leave and move on. Other people probably see this as well and feel like she's just not doing a good enough job for the rank and privilege she has. I myself have more or less moved on as far as oshi as a reflection of that.

I'm more surprised about Yui's rank; I had no idea she was so popular on the forum. Her thread and supporters have always seemed fairly quiet to me. She even beat Sayanee, which is quite a feat considering how huge she is. Well, I'm super pleased with Naachan's rank - she did great! I hope she can climb even higher next year and not take a dive into midrank like many girls in her position seem to have done...

3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

01. Mayu Watanabe (+15)
    02. Sakura Miyawaki (+10)
    03. Miyuki Watanabe (+9)
    04. Rena Matsui (+8)
    05. Rina Ikoma (+7)
    06. Yuko Oshima (+6)
    07. Anna Murashige (+5)
    08. Minami Takahashi (+5)
    09. Mio Tomonaga (+4)
    10. Sayaka Yamamoto (+4)
    11. Haruka Shimazaki (+4)
    12. Nana Okada (+3)
    13. Jurina Matsui (+3)
    14. Ayaka Umeda (+3)
    15. Nako Yabuki (+2)
    16. Miku Tanaka (+2)
    17. Yuki Kashiwagi (+2)
    18. Juri Takahashi (+1)
    19. Saya Kawamoto (+1)
    20. Rina Hirata (+1)

The Rest of my list. Actually thought Sayanee would make it to the Top 3 tbh. I think she will next year I think.

4. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    This is how mine ends up when I have 2 minutes to do it because I missed the deadline :2nd:
    01. Nagao Mariya (+15)
    02. Abe Maria (+10)
    03. Kitahara Rie (+9)
    04. Takayanagi Akane (+8)
    05. Furuhata Nao (+7)
    06. Matsui Rena (+6)
    07. Wakatsuki Yumi (+5)
    08. Matsui Jurina (+5)
    09. Mogi Shinubu (+4)
    10. Iwatate Saho (+4)
    11. Iso Kanae (+4)
    12. Yagura Fuuko (+3)
    13. Kobayashi Ami (+3)
    14. Kuramochi Asuka (+3)
    15. Sakurai Reika (+2)
    16. Shimazaki Haruka (+2)
    17. Okada Nana (+2)
    18. Watanabe Miyuki (+1)
    19. Suzuki Shihori (+1)
    20. Iriyama Anna (+1)
    I think I missed some girls (like yui, shimada, mocchi, chihiro, juri EDIT: oops I forgot tomu, I've failed completely...) I would have put in because I didn't think on it enough. Still interesting to see who jumped into my head. :approve:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  5. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

You didn't vote for Asuka...and downvoted Takamina...I can't deny I'm surprised... :awesome:

6. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    I still think Mayuyu was a LOT more fun and nice when she was younger than now, when she wasn't trying so hard to be #1 then finally achieves it, but since then I don't get the same kind of charm from her. Her otaku/cyborg days were better IMO

edit: especially seeing her in that last episode of MG4 as Nezumi....she's dressed the same, but I didn't feel it AT ALL.

7. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I know. Kinda like Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? [hehe]

8. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    Yeah!For me the moments that I used to not try to hard not to be an idol!Like danso,MG,etc.!

9. zweimac

zweimac Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    Zweimac
    didn't expect paruru to win :worthy:

and wow.. so many negative votes for mayu :cry:

10. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    01. Takahashi Minami (+15) [2]
    02. Yamamoto Sayaka (+10) [4]
    03. Yokoyama Yui (+9) [3]
    04. Kojima Mako (+8) [10]
    05. Shimazaki Haruka (+7) [1]
    06. Nakagawa Haruka (+6) [137]
    07. Iwata Karen (+5) [34]
    08. Okada Nana (+5) [12]
    09. Ikoma Rina (+4) [84]
    10. Nakanishi Yuka (+4) [137]
    11. Watanabe Miyuki (+4) [7]
    12. Fujie Reina (+3) [87]
    13. Mukaichi Mion (+3) [27]
    14. Watanabe Mayu (+3) [8]
    15. Nishino Miki (+2) [31]
    16. Sashihara Rino (+2) [15]
    17. Kato Rena (+2) [47]
    18. Nakano Ikumi (+1) [90]
    19. Okabe Rin (+1) [245]
    20. Owada Nana (+1) [21]

01. Suda Akari (-5)
    02. Komiyama Haruka (-4)

(if you want to know the reason why I use negative votes on the girls above, feel free to ask. but please, be gentle with me:blush:)
    congratulations for paruru!!! a little bit dissappointed that minami couldn't defend her throne, but I must admit that paruru really evolves this past year. she matures in each days

11. KatieKat1690

KatieKat1690 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Sure I'll explain my negative votes. I like the way you made your analysis a kind of guessing game so I'm going to do the same thing lol. Also sorry if this is a little hard to follow. I had a hard time trying to write down my thoughts.

Just want to preface this by saying that I'm not attacking any of these members and I'm sorry if they are your oshi. These are just my feelings on certain girls. You don't have to agree with me by any means. I'm sure there are some girls on my top ranking that others have a problem with. We all have different tastes and these just happen to be the girls that have not impressed me lately.

1.) (-5)
    I have always have had a like/dislike feeling towards this one. I do think that she does have talent and she works very hard for her group. However, for lack of a better word I think she is a bit overrated. She has received one of the biggest pushes in the whole 48 group and I tend to not like the super pushed girls. I feel like she is constantly pushed in my face and to be honest I'm getting tired of her. I hate how she dominates mostly every pv she is a part of (especially team k PVs). I don't have a problem with her in SKE though. Thats her original group, where she started from, she has a right to be a primary member there. I just wish that management would take a step back and not make everything all about this girl.
    01. Matsui Jurina (19) (-5)

2.) (-4)
    I gave negative votes to this girl for some of the same reasons as my #1 down vote. This girl is a more recent push and I just don't see the reason why. I feel like she has nothing substantial to offer other than being pretty. To me at least, she is not that interesting to watch by any means. I feel like the management pushes always backfire for me. I hate seeing the same new girl over and over again when there are more mid-gen to even newer gen girls who deserve a chance to shine. I feel like these newest gen pushes didn't put in a lot of the work to be able to claim a senbatsu spot. I feel like their success was just handed to them and that does not sit well with me. I wish management would rotate the girls in senbatsu or give others a chance instead of choosing the same new girls over and over.
    02. Owada Nana (21) (-4)

03. (-3)
    I'm going to be blunt here and just say that lately this girl has just bugged me. She has the cute fisher personality which just comes off very fake to me. I usually don't go for these cute fisher types anyway. I feel like its hard to see the "real" her. To me, she comes off as artificial.
    03. Watanabe Miyuki ( 7) (-3)

04. (-2)
    This member I also have a love/hate relationship with. I don't like the type of idol that this member has become. I feel back in the older days this girl was a lot more interesting and had more appeal. Now she has just become boring and power hungry. There is nothing to me that really makes her stick out as "center" material.
    04. Watanabe Mayu (8) (-2)

05. (-1)
    This member received down votes because I feel that she does not put forth much of an effort in performances and appearances. There are girls who go all out and really try to leave an impact. However this girl seems like she is holding back. Again, I don't like to say it but I feel there are other girls who leave more of an impact and try harder to make a better performance, that should be in her spot. It comes across as she doesn't appreciate the senbatsu spot that was chosen for her.
    05. Iriyama Anna (38) (-1)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I know my sig would suggest otherwise, but i don't rate l the two as highly as i did before, the sig is there for style now. I kind of just lost interest in Asuka after last year wasn't feeling anything with her election result that's when i knew. As for Minami it's a bunch of small thing throughout the year like the Dokkiri really left a bad taste in my mouth and some of her quirks have gone to the point of making me groan so i downvoted her one.

13. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    The Akicha effect?...lol. I'm trying for the "Slacker13 Effect" btw - lol. Stage never ceases to amaze me. What this Ranking has taught me is the board (Forum) is far more diverse & far more individually minded than it appears at a glance. It just appears that "some people" (Just using the Generic term) talk more about their Oshi's than others and you look at thread counts & see the same sigs everywhere & you realize ALL of Stage doesn't sway one way or another.

Is Paruru everyone's Fav - statistically "probably NOT"- Is Mayuyu the most Loathed? - Probably NOT. I doubt even Sayurin is disliked as "Dead Last" - it's just how the Numbers Fell. Over 200 people gave an opinion (20 opinions each actually) and this is how the numbers went down - Some of us are more savy or watch every show - some only follow 1 group - some only care about 1 or 2 girls.

This result is going to make the election far more Interesting than I think many of us thought (for Us anyway). Is the shift or feelings happening here ALSO happening is Asian countries or Japan? If so to what degree? Maybe WE are are the Fringe? I personally worry & fear that the election is 'somewhat Rigged' in that Management has "Voters" placed in locations and AKI-P just says "Hey buy Idol "X" 20,000 votes - her agency is good to us & we need her in "X" position" or maybe AKI-P buys the votes himself? BUT- then you get girls in Senbatsu that management never notices (like Aya Shibata ) Or Sasshi's suprise #1 win so soon after her HKT48 move You wonder why would they "rig it that way"? So maybe it really is 1 vote at a time?? I truly don't know.

Stage48's voices are an International Collection & there were no voting packs or "Teams" - everyone had the same points to give away and I'm still Astonished Paruru won - lol. I guess I just wanted to say "thanks for giving my girl a chance"- even if she's NOT in Kami-7 this election - the fact she won the Stage ranking somehow means "More" to me in a weird way. Does that make sense?

I agree with a lot of this. I have my own reasons but yeah - I think we all want EVERY Idol to do well & find their own voice. I personally worry that Komi-Haru will turn people off and I just have to realize what I like is not what others like in an Idol and hope she can warm some hearts.

Maybe ItheBigC can re-name the "Negative Points" next year to "Critical Points"?? As in "Needs more effort" or "Time-Outs" sort of like throwing a "Flag" on the field? Because I don't think anyone "Hates" any Idols - but they do have "Critical concerns" or "Drawbacks" and it's timely - I think we're all over the Geesh Scandal - no one's giving negatives for that. Sayurin's wasn't that she has so many Negatives - it was the Lack of "Positives" that didn't the deed.

I used to be part of something called "The Toilet Bowl" where every year guys would pick the Worst Models, Actresses, Athletes, Singers, ect and You had to explain Why someone "sucked" (or needed improvement) and the group voted in head-to-head voting matches until 1 person won & that person was the WORST (and Won the Toilet Bowl)- it get really "creative" how people would roast & criticize their "Picks"- but you learned a lot about the members & yourself. It was a hysterical critical thinking exercise. In the end everyone was friends & laughed just at funny it was.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  14. Mayura48

Mayura48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    val_vanny
    The rank is beyond expectation..

its really surprising. :^^;: but yeah.. cant say too much.. pretty well actually.. but still a bit dissapointed about mayuyu not being in top 3.. *sigh* its become a big question *Mayuyu :shocku: how can !? >>shock<<*.. and~, i dont know.. @YKT must be sad about this. *i know what you feel, @YKT -san :flower:

15. GeoFreak

GeoFreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayashimomoka
    Twitter:
    GeoFreak17
    My super mainstream ranking, with 7 members in the top 10:

Positive:
    01. Yokoyama Yui (Team K) (+15) [3]
    See below, because I need more space for her!
    02. Kawaei Rina (+10) [9]
    She is totally adorkable and a treasured friend to Yui. I love their skits on the AKB48 SHOW, and any time they are together on TV or social media. Hasute to Wasute is also one of my favorite album songs. I've seen a few of her recent Viking appearances, and she's pretty good. It's just so sad that she had her time in AKB cut short because of the incident, since she was rising up in popularity and had become a fairly stable senbatsu member. :( I wish her the best in her future career. I will miss her a lot!
    03. Yamada Nana (+9)
    04. Iwatate Saho (+8)
    05. Shimazaki Haruka (+7) [1]
    Wow, congrats to Paruru! A solo center and now #1 on Stage48. When I first became an AKB fan, I thought she looked really lazy while performing, so I didn't understand why she was so popular. After a while, I found out about how she really loved AKB and her fellow members, but she was really shy and didn't always know how to express herself, which I could understand. I also love YuiParu, of course. They don't show their friendship outwardly as much as they do with their other friends, but they always mention each other as close companions. I can't wait to see them together in Team A!
    06. Muto Tomu (+6)
    07. Matsui Rena (+5) [6]
    I've come to know Rena better recently. I like her voice, both in singing and speaking, and she has an elegant air about her. But then she goes into nerd mode! [hehe] I also really like Japan's trains, so it's fun seeing her go on shows to talk about them.
    08. Nagao Mariya (+5)
    09. Fujie Reina (+4)
    10. Watanabe Miyuki (+4) [7]
    I've been fished. She fits the idol role so perfectly. She can be cute and smiley for lighthearted songs, then sexy for gravure, and then a fierce dancer for the cool songs. I loved her solo song, too!
    11. Yagura Fuuko (+4)
    12. Tano Yuka (+3)
    13. Kitahara Rie (+3)
    14. Ogasawara Mayu (+3)
    15. Takahashi Juri (+2)
    16. Sashihara Rino (+2)
    17. Kotani Riho (+2)
    18. Yamamoto Sayaka (+1) [4]
    She is too cool and talented!
    19. Iriyama Anna (+1)
    20. Kojima Mako (+1) [10]
    Sweet smile, kind, good performer.

Saving the best for last:
    01. Yokoyama Yui (Team K) (+15) [3]
    Woohoo, rank up into Top 3! And the most positive votes, and still only one negative vote like last year. It's good too see that Yui is liked by many, so that she has the support of fans in addition to the members as she gets ready to be Soukantoku. As was said last year and earlier in this thread, there aren't that many of us who have Yui as #1, and we mostly keep to her thread. But now, I want to convey to the rest of S48 why I love Yui:

Man, where do I begin? She is why I really got into AKB and am posting here. She is beautiful, kind, a great captain, and quite good at singing and dancing. Her voice is not terribly powerful but very sweet and soothing. She is getting better, though; her performance of Tomonoura Bojou at Kouhaku was so good that I thought it was lip-synced at first. I love her interactions with her close friends; I first noticed many of my other favorite members because of Yui. It makes me smile whenever a junior writes about Yui helping them out or just being really nice to them. She has always been determined and hardworking, which allowed her to grow out of her past awkwardness and shyness to become more confident, and she has inspired me to improve my own self-confidence. But despite her work ethic, she can still relax and make fun of herself. I always look forward to her daily "aruaru" tweet every morning, which are often her "fail" moments or silly observations that make her very relatable. Kyoto Bi no Neiro/Irodori Nikki is the best gift ever for us Yui fans, because we can see all these great aspects of her rolled into a well-produced show about her beautiful hometown (and Boston's sister city :D). Also, we get to watch her eat delicious food and mumble "oihii!"

When I first heard Yui was named the next Soukantoku, I was worried. Takamina herself said how much work it took and how she didn't want to pass the burden on to anyone. Beyond the difficulties of running the group, I was also concerned about the impact on Yui's own personal goal of becoming a singer. However, Yui herself has mentioned on shows, in interviews, and in her social media posts about setting her own goals for this year, like performing on stage (Majisuka Gakuen musical! It's happening!), which dispelled some of my concern. Yuko and Takamina told Yui not to sacrifice so much of her own progress for AKB and to be more selfish about her own goals. Although Yui will probably be in AKB for several more years as a result of her role, I selfishly want to see her continue as a singer so that I can keep following her.

I hope an increase in rank will also happen for Yui in Sousenkyo. Her goal is 7th, which will be tough considering who is in her way, but top 10 is definitely within reach. I'm looking forward to voting for her and seeing her cry tears of joy on stage!

16. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Just learned about the result being released awhile ago. I can't say I'm happy with the result considering I'm not fond of Paruru (at best I am happy she replaced Miyu as "ace" of her gen). Still, Takamina's removed from the top spot, so I guess I'll consider it as a win for me.

And yes, I gave -5 down votes to Takamina.

17. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Ah, I understand it now... Thanks for explaining it.

18. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I know exactly what you mean! I think we Paruru fans are just not used to get an overwhelmingly positive response when Paruru is mentioned. But to see the ice finally melting, after this long ice age is just overwhelming.

I mean lately, I have seen positive comments about Paruru from so many different people either because they like what she says on 755, or because they like the photos in her magazines, or because they like her interactions with Takamina, Kojiharu, Yuihan or Sakura. Paruru's continued magazine appearances, her transfer to Team A in 2014 and Paruru's decision to start her own 755 combined really made a huge difference.

The question is just whether people are going to stay interested or move on! I can just hope that people maintain their interest in her, get to know her better and better and get as much invested in her as I am! There is a lot to discover and it never gets dull.

Looking not too far ahead though, times might get really difficult for her. Her long time friend Kawaei Rina has annouced her graduation, her good friends Annin and Kojiharu might announce soon, and finally Takahashi Minami is most likely moving on this year. They are simply irreplacable friends for Paruru. What's more, when Kojiharu and Takamina are gone, there are no senpais in Team A anymore who can help her.

You know, recently I see people write how Paruru's dancing and her expressions have become much better, and there are even some people who still don't see any change. But the time when she could hardly dance or smile, that is so 2010 lol

No really I don't think it's all that recent that she has gotten better, it's just that people's opinion moved very very slowly on this.
    I'm thinking her Idol Nante Yobanaide in 2011 (www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx_haD3sfns), her Soredemo Suki da yo at Kouhaku 2012, the Sayonara Crawl and Heart Ereki performances in 2013, her Ookami to Pride at the Manatsu no Dome Tour 2013, her Kanpeki Guu no ne at Kouhaku 2014.

Anyway I was very surprised to see Paruru win this one and I wish her all the best in the sousenkyo!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  19. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Wow. Just wow. I actually like her because she DOESN'T do gravure. Doing gravure makes people seem like they're cheap and when idols do it, they desperately need it for attention because their idol career needs horny men as support. I respect Jurina for her decision to not do gravure. From what I've seen, she is one of the hardest working people in the 48group, she just doesn't want to do something so... degrading (I can't find the right word, sorry if I have offended those who like gravure). Plus, she already has the popularity. Why does she need to do it?

20. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

It's sad that female entertainers are only allowed to have mainstream succes if they agree to take their clothes of. In the case of adult entertainers (mainly in the West), I don't know what's going on behind closed doors and how much pressure and brainwashing there is from the money grabbing higher ups, but I kind of still blame them for not being smart and strong enough to just give them the finger and not trade their dignity for more fame and money.

Though in the case of these young idols, I don't think we should put any blame on them as individuals for doing it. Some might like seeing themselves looking pretty in a magazine and having boys drool over them while others don't know any better than it just being a normal part of being an idol. And it certainly has become a normal part of the job in Japan. I don't think there is a question 'Do you want to do gravure?' It's probably more like 'Ah, you want to be a famous idol? We'll try to convince a magazine to feature you, that should give you a nice popularity boost.'

Idols, after all, are marketed as celebrity crushes, imaginary girlfriends who will make people go crazy and spend all their money to meet their girl and make her happy. It might not be how the majority of the fans enjoy this group, but it is certainly something which the whole idol concept revolves around and how a lot of money gets earned. And you know what they say about men thinking with something else than their head, it might actually be true for some, and that's exactly what is being taken advantage of here.

Edit:
    I guess it works both ways, a famous girl on the cover is likely to sell more and make the magazine look better than some unknown face. More money for the magazine and more money for the girl and her management.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015