1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The 2015 Stage48 Member Ranking Results

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, Apr 28, 2016.

1. MindOfALibra

MindOfALibra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I'm surprised Paruru got so many negative votes this year. I thought her antis kinda died down since she hasn't been so in-your-face visible/pushed (girl's been sick for a while, if anything shouldn't she get pity = less neg votes?). What was so controversial about Paruru in 2015? Or was it just a lagged hate?

2. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Well, It's been bubbling for almost a YEAR now- since the last Election - it just kept getting WORSE- More stalling, More Attention, More Back Pats. I've NEVER been "That" negative toward an Idol- but I've always found her to be the "Lesser Idol" next to the normal Idols who are Usually "top 5" in ANY group. I've been incredibly patient & diplomatic. I'm glad it's over. So very Glad

I've said NICE & constructive things - I'm sure as a person she's wonderful. Plus, not being a "beauty queen" or Kami-Level Idol (like Mayu, Yuko, Sayanee, Paruru, ect) she's the "common folks" Idol- She's the Underdog - AKB needs that. I don't think she deserved ""That Level" of worship- No one does. I think AKB is going to suffer now for it. The could've been building up the NEXT Gens - instead we went back to the Past for almost a year....AKI P can't even get out of the 70's in terms of Themes.

*** I was NOT aware TapTalk doesn't allow "spoilers" - Stage48 on My Phone does. I tried to shield others - I did the best I could.

3. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I didn't downvote Paru, but if anyone deserved a downvote this year, for me it would be her. It's pretty annoying that we still don't know what her deal is. Either she's very sick and should graduate, or she's very lazy and should graduate. That's what it boils down to. Everyone else is pulling their weight, while Paru consistently sits out of handshakes, theater shows, concerts and even the dance parts of MVs. I really do feel bad for her if she is as truly sick as her fans assume she is, but we also have zero actual confirmation that she is sick. Some vague snippets of "oh she has asthma" here and there but lots of people have asthma and still manage to actually do things.

Right now all Paru is serving AKB as is a stationary cute face. I understand her fans are loyal to her (to a fault, even) but it's no mystery why she gets negative votes when she barely did anything the entire last half of the year, and she consistently lets her fans down when it comes to handshakes. It might have panned out differently if management was transparent about why she's sitting out of all of these things.

4. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    She bored me too much, and got a lot of airtime, while doing it anyone who bores me that much is absolutely deserving of scowling when I see her on TV and subsequently giving her a negative in the member ranking. Basically it was her own charms that got her the down votes.

5. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Amazing how people consistently downplay Paruru's illness. On top of her chronic health issues (that means long term, means they don't go away, means she will always have to deal with them while in a high stress environment, means accommodations will always need to be made for her), she had very inconveniently placed burn injury as well that took some time to heal. but nah I'm sure some people on S48 know better how she should take care of herself. Any other girl would be commended for her strength of character and perseverance but since it's Paruru she's 'lazy' 'should graduate' or even 'doesn't want to be an idol' (because someone who hates what they're doing would totally stick around in an environment that literally ruins their health, right).

I expected Paruru's negatives to rise this year simply because she won last year and there's a fair number of people around here who carry a lot of misplaced resentment towards her and would do anything to keep it from happening again. Paruru's prolonged illness and canceled handshakes this year just mean they have a more convenient excuse.

6. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    Whats annoying is people going on tirades like yourself and knowing nothing about her situation. Obviously you know nothing about her or "what her deal is" or have you ever came into her thread and kindly asked to have someone explain "her deal" as you put it. So maybe be alittle more informed before you accuse someone of not pulling their weight. Man that whole post of yours just :fp:

7. Silenka

I bet a lot of her downvoters don't know either so why not enlighten us here? What is the official stance on her illness? And why doesn't she take a hiatus or graduate if it's so bad that she cannot perform as an AKB member 90% of the time?

Also, I didn't write a tirade. I have nothing actually against Paru. I said either she is very sick or very lazy. So I did indicate that perhaps she has some debilitating illness I'm not aware of. You are just being incredibly sensitive.

8. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    And that's great that you've managed to keep all that pent-up anger to yourself for so long! Just don't expect to get no reaction when you let it all out like that in one or two posts [hehe]

I think people would have been more understanding if you had explained your negative votes for Takamina like this, instead of the "Takamina is a glutton who LOVES attention" point of view. But then again, you wouldn't have had as many replies, and as you say you "love WAR" :p

Are you viewing Stage48 through your phone's web browser? If so I think it operates the same way as the website on a desktop, which is why you can operate the spoiler tags. Unless the Android version of Tapatalk is different to the iOS version

9. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I guess there are two kinds of 'downvoters', those who downvote bearing in mind only what the member said and did last year, and those who dislike her so much that it doesn't matter if she attended a single performance last year, they downvote her anyway (call it haters or antis)...

10. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    Just a two cents, if two people relatively close to me at work was charged at with a saw. I'd be wary of the anniversary of it and the possibility of it happening to you (security found a knife in one of the bags they checked during this time around.) The mental stress that ALL members went through that day would count as PTSD.
    Traumatic: Self explanitory.
    Stress: Refer back to post Anxiety.
    Long story short. Two Cents is not that "rich"

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  11. Silenka

@kl9391 The part you leave off is "disorder", which has to be medically diagnosed by a professional and not by fans who just feel sorry for her. Anyway of course people get anxious about these things, but all the other girls (besides Annin) are doing handshakes... this is the point where you say "it's my job, I have to do it" and do it, or "it's my job and I feel like I can't do it" and graduate. Ricchan took the appropriate action imo.

@rka thanks, I knew all that stuff already and as far as I know there has not been any official statement regarding her illness, its severity, and why exactly she is missing so much work. As far as the burn, that is also suspect. I've dropped pots of boiling water on myself too. It hurts like a mofo but it wouldn't put someone out of commission for months. If it was boiling oil, maybe a different story.

It's only been an hour or so, I'm sure some kind Paru fans will show up to explain the details.

12. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    Compromise. It just rubbed me the wrong way that there's a tone here that insinuates that some fans concern are hypeboling it a bit. It felt like an unnecessary shade threw over. Not even going to mention the translate drama.

13. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    See now I agree w/ "some" of what you're saying. There is something "Strange" happening. I am not afraid to criticize & find fault w/ my own Favs. I propose another theory based OFF of Silenka's observations (I have noticed them as well).

My Theory (makes sense from a Business/ Image standpoint)
    I have NO Doubt that Paruru has "Illnesses" and Chronic Issues (whatever they are) - I don't think she's lying about that. Why would she? But it's odd that she can go to Magazine shoots or go to Paris, France to promote personal projects when she should be "Resting" - But AGAIN, Easily explained- These were prior engagements/jobs that were put in place BEFORE she became "Sick" so like a true Professional, she honors her commitments to the best of her ability.

My Theory is this: She's probably asked for "Time Off" and said very clearly- "If I can't have a looser schedule- I might as well Graduate". We've always known Paruru makes Abrupt Decisions (Deletes whole Social Media tracks or Quits things like Google+ & never looks back)- She's NOT Afraid to "Quit" if it's becoming a bother. I think AKI-P knows her "personal issues" & made a deal with her - DON'T QUIT!!! & I'll be as light on you as possible. AKI-P knows losing Paruru at this time will NOT be good for AKB and she's TV Gold....advertisers, Media Commentators, Industry types, Young Girl fans ALL love Paruru - there's NO other Idol like her. She stirs the pot & She's probably not even demanding. Paruru knows AKB needs HER more than she needs them at this point. Paruru could get TV, Print, modeling, or maybe Acting jobs for another 5 years WITHOUT AKB tomorrow- She's doing AKB a favor by sticking around.

AKB is probably in greater disarray than we realize- Imagine if Paruru just up & left - Who would be the New "Polarizing figure"? Mayu? Yukirin? not even Sasshi gets the Media pot stirring like Paruru. AKI-P want's to keep her HAPPY - if she needs to phone-in or drop out of handshakes- so be it. As Long as she's there for the BIG EVENTS & keeping up appearances (to a degree)- it's Money in the Bank. I think AKI-P is afraid of Losing her so he gives a VERY Wide Leesh. I'm sure Yukirin & Sasshi & Mayu have similar "wiggle room"- it's the Same Salary for "less work" (who doesn't want that?). We've seen KojiHaru come & go as she pleases- Why not keep her around- She's a Name & a Pretty face- People like her.

Paruru is probably both 'slightly frail' & not prone to Over-work AND wants an Easier Schedule - it's probably Not even about Money. It's about her "comfort level"- She's paid her dues, she's earned the right to NOT have to do certain things. I'm fine with it.

14. MindOfALibra

MindOfALibra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Thanks for the replies guys.

This hahaha i thought about it too but let it pass since my friend is a Paruru oshi

P/s: totally agree with @Slacker13, on both Paruru and Takamina actually (i gave her -5 too if i remember correctly sorry i don't really hold negativity lol)

15. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Hey...can we get back to How much I Loath Takamina please....[hehe] KIDDING!!!

Honestly- Much of this is ALL News to me - I've been adrift in the Salty Ocean since Oct/Nov as No one SUBS her shows or Anything. No Seriously, I barely post in the Paruru thread anymore. Because I'm "out of the Loop"- I can't survive on "Twitter" translations & Instagram pics. I need CONTENT. She's had such an amazing year FULL Of Amazing content and I've seen next to NONE of It because No one Subs it. I'll be honest & say I'm just as clueless as most of you about Paruru at this point. I recently noticed she's got straight blonde-ish Hair but her looks change so much I have No Idea what she's doing.

I think this Election will be a MAJOR deciding moment for her. If she God Forbid she slips below #10, I think she'll Grad.....BUT, what if she rally's makes #5 (or higher?) I think it will invigorate her & she make herself MORE Available even if she has to stand on stage w/ a gas mask on. But Hey, she keeps it Interesting & we all love to watch her journey - so we can ALL Agree we're excited to see what she'll do next Right??

16. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

In her own words, describing the persistent anxiety she feels since the Iwate incident. Also consider she herself had a scary incident where security had to drag away a man who refused to let go of her at a handshake event).

--
    握手会。
Handshake event.
    大きい声を突然出されて息止まった。
あの事件以来、 大きい声が怖い。 大きい音も怖い。 道を歩くのも後ろの人が気になる。 電車やエレベーターなど密室で人がいるのが怖い。
When I heard all the loud voices all of sudden, my breath stopped.
Ever since that incident, I’d get scared when I hear loud voice. I’d get scared of loud sound too. I would be wary of the people who walk behind me on the street. I’d be afraid of the people who are with me in the closed room such as elevator and train.
    --

As far as Paruru's activities - the movie promotion occurred late last year in a brief period where she had resumed her activities (remember she was on an official hiatus). It was shortly after that point that she injured her foot, putting her out a while longer. We're also into winter at this time and it's known that cold weather aggravates her asthma.

I don't expect to convert all of Paruru's antis or anything so noble like that. And of course if you're not a pretty big fan, you don't follow her closely enough to see the timeline of how it all played/is playing out. That's understandable. But for people who follow her on a daily basis, it's hard to watch people speculate on the authenticity of her reasons for absences.
    Hell, we definitely can't win here. A minute ago it was 'she doesn't do enough and she's too sick, she should probably leave' now she's being critiqued for the work she *did* do.

So it is what it is. It's always like this. I have been intensely gratified that many people have been able to see her growth. (More positive points than any other member!) That's a long way she's come.

17. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    Last thing. (I didn't even want to end up here especially since I didn't even vote because there's just way too much shenanigans for me here every year) If there was another term for it that I can remember about her anxiety about it, I'd gladly use that.

18. KatoZaki

KatoZaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Wow, lots of Paruru stuff going on., me like. anything Paruru interest(s?) me., i went back a page and found out was initiated by high nega votes or the Okada oshi one.., its understandable for some downvoters to do it because some have meaningful reasons and respect that. but if it's just because she won the last year's event and downvote is just.. its possible and and if there is.., hope this kind of reason is not that many. On the bright side having the highest positive points is quite somethin.

19. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    A major study in late August of last year showed that an overwhelming of psychological studies could not, in fact, be replicated. To be exact, 97% of randomly selected psychological studies yielded a significant p-value (at 95%), but only 36% of replications did. The applicability of psychological statistics is thus to be questioned... Everyone is affected differently by certain situations, and some are more inclined to mental disability than others. This speaks to the issue of whether or not Paru has a mental illness, or more appropriately some form of PTSD. I would argue that she does, but maybe the extent of it is heavily exaggerated and misconstrued.

To quote @Parikkuren
    Remember that these are accounts from Paruru, not fans--and it's astonishingly similar to the PTSD symptom that involves re-experiencing a traumatic or anxiety inducing event.

And then, of course, there's Iwate. If the aforementioned HS incident was bad to Paru, I'm sure Iwate was scary for her as well.

I might be going off on a tangent here, but since I'm already on the topic of Iwate:
    **NOT DIRECTED AT ANY STAGE48 MEMBER IN PARTICULAR.
    **VERY PERSONAL, SO IF YOU HAVE MALICIOUS INTENTIONS, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM READING THIS OR REPLY WITH SERIOUSNESS AND CAUTION.

Something that's really disgusting to me--as an Annin oshi and a fellow sufferer mental illness--is how people downplay the significance of Iwate. But the worst part is that they don't even realize it! We all have to understand that two adolescent girls were almost murdered. People seem to think that it was OK since Annin/Kawaei acted fine, but that's their job. They literally were almost killed. People decide to perpetuate the already terrible effect that it had on not only Annin/Ricchan/Ryoka, but ALL of the members to an extent that really makes my stomach turn. Saying that a member should graduate because they don't participate in HS is an opinion, and I respect everyone's entitlement to his/her own opinion... but at least have some sensitivity!

I understand people's frustration with Annin's inclusion in senbatsu, but others take it way too far. I personally think that Annin is doing something honorable by staying in the group. I relate to her pain, trauma and experiences. It makes me smile and gives me hope to see someone with a similar situation as mine overcome their obstacles and continue to pursue their dreams (reason I upvoted her lol)

So before bashing on Annin or any of the other members, please just keep this in mind. I'm sure there are a number of Annin oshi's who have the same exact reasons for liking her. Again, I'm not trying to silence people's opinions, I'm genuinely interested in seeing how Annin is perceived on this forum. As a general statement not direct to anyone in particular, please try to express your opinions with sensitivity. What is perceived as sarcasm and humor to one may be disheartening to another.

tl;dr: Whether its Paruru, Annin or any other member, don't question their mental disabilities if they personally stated otherwise. Even if you do, I would appreciate it if you try and be respectful of other's in your opinions.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Silenka

Yeah, you can call it anxiety :p

Anxiety comes in many forms. From what @Parikkuren said Paruru posted, she very likely developed anxiety from that incident. I'm sure some of the other girls did, too. It's very easy to be anxious about "what could happen", and general anxiety is much more common than actual PTSD (a term that people have taken to abusing). I know about anxiety very well, because I have it big time: I struggle to do new things in my life or go out to crowded places because of my anxiety. I struggle with proper risk assessment. It keeps me from doing a lot of things that would be fun to do if only I could get over my anxiety, and when I do force myself into doing things I'm worried about, a lot of the enjoyment is sucked away because my brain is 100% awash with worry about it the whole time. If I was in Paru's place, I would also be fearful of handshake events, now that "the ice has been broken", shall we say, on incidents at handshake events. I already actively avoid fame so I never have to deal with some of the stuff that idols do.

But, and here's the part that might explain many of the negative votes (although of course it would be better if the negative voters explained themselves in person!)... Paru is employed to dance and sing onstage and to do handshake events. Maybe this sounds unforgiving, but I don't think it's wrong to expect an employee to do their job. Other girls are anxious about handshakes too, but they soldier through it one way or another (or quit, like Ricchan, which is also a completely viable option). It strikes me as a bit unfair to all the girls who are doing shows and handshakes and pulling most of the workload that Paru gets to sit out. And often when she does show up it's very worrying to fans because she looks like she's about to faint (I recall how limp and pale she was at A7's shonichi).

With her health issues and anxiety, if Paru wasn't super-senbatsu, it's guaranteed that she would have graduated already. Many theater girls have graduated for much lesser health problems. Yeah, it is kind of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario like @Parikkuren said. She's going to be criticized for not pulling her weight, and also criticized when she does show up ("if she can show up to this event, why not that one?") This is where I think what @Slacker13 said about Paru making bank for Aki-P really rings true. As long as she keeps much of her fanbase, pulls in the money and makes appearances at the big events, she'll stay on the payroll and keep having stuff written specifically for her that other girls perform in her stead 99% of the time. It is a bit distressing to think that management might be milking her for all she's worth like they did Takamina, despite her sickness. But then again, I have to think that graduation is always an option on the table for her, unless something is written into her contract that specifies she has to keep working for x more months/years.

Not hating, just being real (and it's kind of sad I have to point that out). Love is blind, but business is business. It might be good enough for Aki-P, but I'm sure there are more than a few forum members who are a bit disillusioned with Paru for this reason. Management transparency, or even transparency from the girl herself on her condition would go a long way towards inviting sympathy rather than doubt, but the Japanese loathe transparency, especially when it deals with illness, so I wouldn't count on knowing for sure what is going on with her. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but all we know is "asthma", right? Yet there are thousands or millions of people with varying degrees of asthma who have successful athletic careers. My sister has asthma and she's one of the most active people I've ever known. Further, Paru didn't have much trouble performing before, but suddenly is stricken by this - a condition that is supposed to be worse when younger and evens out the older and fitter one gets. It is just extremely fishy as a reason for sitting out of nearly everything, and I have been wondering since her problems started whether she has something more serious that she and/or management don't want us to know about.

Now if they did neg vote her just for winning last year, that's sad and nothing but anti behavior. I'm sure there are a few anti holdouts, every girl has some (even Naachan got some downvotes, though few). I'm pretty sure Paru was on my list last year though so there's that...

• Like Like x 1