1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The 2019 Member Ranking

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by kanjo, Mar 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    Hey, I have a Problem...
    I have reached 100 posts, but I do not know, how to send a PM.

There is no button for it.

I need your help, Please!:cold:

2. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    That's the secret requirement. You have to be familiar enough with the forums (edit: or actually read the OP) to send a PM. [hehe]

Click kanjo's profile pic, select "Start a Conversation"

• Creative Creative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    This is just me nit picking now, but I just read through the rules again and noticed this part

"Use full names, last then first! I don't know everyone's nickname and we will be using a program to count the votes so they need to be exactly as written in the second post."

Because of all the international groups now, this doesn't apply to all groups anymore, such as
    • JKT48
    • BNK48
    • CGM48
    • MNL48
    • DEL48

I don't know about SGO48, I'm not familiar with Vietnam, but a quick Google search said that it should be last name first (please correct me if I'm wrong). So the last name first order only applies to the groups that are situated in Japan, Chinese-speaking countries, Vietnam and Korea. It doesn't make a major difference anymore now, and I'd assume that most people will have used the correct order as stated in the lists, but if people read the rules without looking at the list of eligible members, and then their vote for (random example) Areekul Cherprang isn't counted, that could be annoying.

• Like Like x 2
  4. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    hmmmm, i didn't notice that....
    I hope i didn't mess mine up :^^;:

I'm too impatient for the normal pace so I'm glad for any uptick in activity, lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Novakayne

Novakayne Member

First time participating in the Member Rankings even though I've been a member for almost 4 years. Picking and ranking 20 girls was honestly the hardest thing I've had to do pertaining to the idol world in such a long time. Hopefully I did it right and my votes get accepted because it took me about 2 days to narrow down my list lol :^^;::^^;:

6. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Excellent observation! I never would have noticed!

7. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Fixed the above error to account for international groups.

Added more confirmed names to the OP. If you voted and your name isn't there, check your inbox for a message from me. If there isn't one, send me one.

Updated the notes with potential issues.
    11. What are some common ranking errors?
    1. No 0's or periods in the rank numbers. The first position should start "01." if you just write "1" then I have to fix it two ways. If you want to save me that effort, copy and edit the format in the opening post.
    2. Typos and alternate spellings. If it's really obvious what you meant I'll fix it but sometimes it's not and I have to get you to fix it. Again, copying and pasting is the safest option.
    3. All caps. This doesn't get in the way but it isn't necessary and is unnecessary extra effort for you guys. This was the fault of the OP showing the ranking with "MEMBER NAME" in all caps so I removed that. If you WANT to type all caps, you do you.

12. Ranking names aren't always wiki48 accurate.

This is true and my fault. In theory we use wiki48 official titles but we work off lists (team pages) in practice and sometimes they're inconsistent. Some international groups have full middle names in the lists but only their two base names on their pages. Some members have a missing or extra long vowel (Kawagoe Saya should be Saaya and Hongou Yuzuha should be Hongo). If you submit Kawagoe Saaya and Hongo Yuzuha, you're correct and I'll fix it to our standard. But to be clearest and make sure I don't "fix" something incorrectly, the safest option is to copy and paste from the list.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Due to personal factors I'm extending the deadline to midnight of Sunday the 22nd (JST). If there are no issues with votes that I can't resolve myself I will be publishing the results on Monday. Tuesday at the latest.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Doraleous

Doraleous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Motomura Aoi
    Did last year have a longer deadline to vote?

I remember complaining about the minimum post requirement for several days on a discussion and then waiting a lot more for the results. It feels like it was yesterday when kanjo announced it this time.

Maybe it's the current stay-at-home most of the time situation making time go fast.

10. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    It was exactly the same before the extension. In fact it was the same dates (6th-19th) just a different month (June).

I think the reason it feels so short (it does for me too) is that there is much less discussion.

11. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Is it? Seems about the same. Having said that, not having an NGT scandal and no SSK makes for less err...friction
    Either that or we are practicing social distancing even here lolz

12. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I dunno, felt short to me.

Anyway, votes counted, names added. Only issues were with people who didn't have enough posts and they got replies. Everyone else should be fine so your name should be in the OP.

We're on the last stretch. Any last minute canvassing? Feel free to invite forum members to take part in the ranking!

13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Do vote: Last year there was an increase from 2017 to 2018
    (From last year's results thread): "Voters 106 ⇒ 148"

Right now we are at "Rankings Counted (96)"

At the very least we should pass 2017 with the extra days to vote.

• Like Like x 3
  14. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Yeah, about that, are we allowed to discuss / justify our ratings here? Or after the vote is released?

15. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    If you don't give away your actual ranks you can discuss anything you want! "I really hope x does well" means you're probably voting for x but it doesn't contain any definite info. There are more spoilers in everyone's signatures/avatars than that sentence.

Edit: I slipped and pressed enter on that alert. It was supposed to have more info (i.e. that votes must be submitted by this weekend) but too late now :fp:
    :lol:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

? How this ...:( ...

17. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    There's some truth to that observation [hehe]
    but I think every year has gotten harder to rank (if you put your head and your heart to it)

Don't know about you, but I tried to be 50% oshi 50% reflection of <voted member> progress during 2019 when I came to my voting.
    a difficult exercise as it is so much easier to vote based on oshi values by itself
    so kinda waited until I watched all the Teams had a go on the streamed stages to finalize my list so at least I know I had a good look beforehand
    (also why I took only until now to send in my votes too)

And yes, I did put in a -5 vote this year. But its not for who you think it is...

18. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    50 % hair 50 % oppai
    I don't think it is Nagi

19. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    The list is fairly easy to do if you participated last year. The first time I made my list it took me 2-3 days, after that just one or two hours is enough.
    On a side note, it's probably easier for me because my focus is mostly on one group not 7+

20. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    you were 5% correct there!

(plus i did say "progress" ja? Physical attributes included [hehe])

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.