1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The article translation thread

Discussion in 'General HKT48 Discussion' started by DreamingPebbles, Aug 1, 2013.

1. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    SOURCE: Asahi Shinbun
    DATE: August 2nd, 2013
    MEMBERS: Kodama Haruka
    ORIGINAL TEXT: Link

(AKB-like World View) Kodama Haruka - Towards her objectives, together with her colleagues

Even though I am an idol, my speech is not good. At last year's sousenkyo, I was moved by the words of senpai Shinoda Mariko who said to the kouhais "Come with the intention of crushing". With these words in my heart, I have been working hard for one year. This year I ranked 37th. In my speech, I tried to say "I will work hard with the intention of crushing my senpais", but I made a mistake on the essential part: "with the intention of cwushing". However, there were fans who told me they liked it, so despite it being a weakness, I want to use it as an advantage.

My personality is positive and very forward-looking. The reason I am like that now is because of my experience in the basketball club in middle school. The reason I joined the club is because I thought "I'll do it! I'll change myself for it!". The fact is that in elementary school I was fatter than I am now. I was that type who instead of playing outside with friends stayed home on the computer. I played word games and searched for things I was interested in, like outer space.

Although I don't exercise, I have a vigorous appetite. I eat a lot of rice, meat, vegetables, candy. I have devoured 3 bowls of ramen in a single meal. That way getting fat is expected, right?

Even though I made my decision and started playing basketball, I could not become skilled in dribbling and shooting. Actually my reflexes are slow. The advising teacher told me "Keep on to your strengths". "That's it!", I realized. Running is not my talent, but I can cover with great effort. I don't have the burst strength for short distances, but when it comes to long distances, I ran everyday and developed my stamina. "You're fast now". When my friend told me that, I felt happy. Many of the club members were beginners, and together we improved our skills, encouraged one another, it was a great teamwork. I feel that during that time I learned of the happiness that you build up with everyone from the start. Those were really fun days whose memories last until today. I also improved a lot mentally/emotionally.

When I was a 3rd year student, I was working hard for a final match that would be a compilation of things up to that point. At the time, a big choice was approaching. The application for the first generation of HKT48, which was based in Hakata. I passed the first and the second exams and then it was the final audition. But when I saw the email with the information for it, I was surprised. It was the same day as the final match. "What should I do?" Worriedly, I called them and asked them to change the day of the audition, but they wouldn't change the schedule just for me. From then on I spent many days worrying.

I loved basketball and studying, so after the match I vaguely thought of studying for exams and getting into a special school, and in the future I wanted to be a diplomat or a flight attendant. But I also had one more dream. Since I was little I liked standing in public, so I was also interested in working as singer or actress. On the third year of elementary school I wrote a composition called "I want to be an idol". After all the worrying, I chose the path to become an idol, where chances are few and it's better to start early.

I spoke my mind to the teacher on the day before the match. The teacher told me, "If you are going to worry about the audition during the match, it's better not to come. If you think you will regret doing it, don't come to the match." Then later the teacher told me "Decide for yourself." It looks like the teacher watched me practicing and noticed my indecision. My decision became solid, and then I spoke to the club members. That event is even now hard to put into words. Feeling very sorry, I said goodbye to everyone as they went to practice.

The next day. I thought that it was absolutely impossible to fail, but I desired it under the pressure. The chosen song was Best Friend by Nishino Kana. I sang it with emotion. While remembering the days I had spent with everyone from the basketball club. Then I was approved into HKT48. The basketball club also won the match!

HKT48, which started the year before last, won't lose to the other AKB48 Groups because of the strength of our bonds. This year we released our first single, and our solo concert at Budokan became a reality. Now the goal of the team is to win the Rookie of the Year award at the Japan Record Award at the end of the year. I want to see the scenery where our dreams come true together with everyone. This time for sure.

From the reporter

Since the time of elementary school, she has had an image of energetic and bright kid. It seems people also told her she was an airhead. When asked "Do you know the meaning of being slow [mentally]?", she tilts her head a little and says "I don't mean to be slow." Is it because of her open attitude that she answers frankly?

"Bunburyoudou" is her policy. [NOTE: This word means "to be accomplished in both the literary and the military arts".] During middle school, while she played basketball, she was also enthusiastic about studying. "If you study as much as you can, results will follow. I like studying because it doesn't betray my efforts." She says that her interest in diplomats and flight attendants is an influence from her grandfather, who liked to travel overseas. "I listened to his stories from overseas and thought that in the future I wanted to become a global person."

She learned many things from the way of living of her AKB48 senpais. From Shinoda Mariko-san, "She realized her dream of being a model by approaching it step by step. She taught me the importance of effort." About Sashihara Rino-san, also from HKT48: "She taught me that when she showed nothing but her own personality and gave her best, she managed to get first rank (in the senbatsu sousenkyo). The members were encouraged." Kodama-san is now growing. There are still clumsy aspects about her, but she does her activities while thinking on her favorite motto: "Rather than do it skillfully, do it with all your might." "People look cool when they exert their own strength. I want to be like that too." (大西元博 [Onishi Motohiro])

2. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

that story about Haruppi is SO adorable :inlove: thanks a lot for the translation :)

3. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    don't want to give it a go, Sayanara?

We got plenty of articles :^O^:

4. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

^haha, I'm not good with the Japanese they use in those articles though. I have a heard time understanding them still :^^;:

5. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

Yet another moving story by Haruppi. I have never known about an idol's background and history more. It all adds to the intensity of her will and determination, the harder the obstacles and apparently the dilemmas she faced before becoming what she is and whats he wants, make her victorious moments taste even better.

Thank you so much DP, I really owe you a lot, I wonder if I'm allowed to post this at Haruppi's tumblr (with credits of course)

There's really so much to tell about Haruppi, and so much more I wanna know, I'll try to include as many articles form now on as I can. For now here's her audition song as she mentioned in the article.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPs6EuSn-ME[/yt]

In addition, some clips from the interview, I don't if she's saying the same stuff, if it's an extract or just something else, but it's from the Asahi interview material released.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZikMhniu26U[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHs8Mu2RmyE[/yt]

6. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    You're welcome! Feel free to post it to your tumblr. And thanks for the videos! I think she's talking about the same topics in the video, but it doesn't sound like she's saying exactly the same thing as the text. She looks really pretty by the way. :)

7. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
  8. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    ^ Sorry, but the image is too small. Even zooming in I can't make out the characters. I put it in Google Images to try to find a bigger version, but this seems to be the biggest one. :(

But keep an eye out, someone may post a version with better resolution on 2ch later on.

9. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    SOURCE: Nishi Nippon
    DATE: June 18th, 2013
    MEMBERS: Kodama Haruka, Miyawaki Sakura, Tashima Meru, Tomonaga Mio
    SOURCE: Link

Tsuki Ichi Katsudou Houkoku #2
    Experienced lots of love - 6 people from HKT in the Senbatsu Sousenkyo

The AKB48 Super Festival took place at Nissan Stadium in Yokohama on June 8 with 70,000 people attending. In the event for the results of the Senbatsu Election that took place in the second part, some HKT48 members ranked, including Sashihara Rino (20) in the 1st place and Ota Aika (18) in the 43rd place. For this month's issue of Tsuki Ichi Katsudou Houkoku, a monthly report on AKB activities for our readers, 26th place Miyawaki Sakura (15), 37th place Kodama Haruka (16), 55th place Tashima Meru (13) and 59th place Tomonaga Mio (15) look back on that day of tension and excitement.

Looking at the preliminary results...

--Looking back at the election. What did you think when you saw the preliminary results?

SAKURA: I thought I had to place higher than my rank of 47 last year, so I thought that at 61 I wouldn't rank this year. But at the handshake events people told me to believe, so I did.

--Were you feeling pressured?

SAKURA: I was. For two weeks it was difficult.

MERU: I didn't think I would rank so I was very happy. But that [the thought that she wouldn't rank] changed with the preliminary results, so I wanted to work hard so that I could rank.

KODAMA: I thought that if I couldn't rank in the preliminaries it would be the end. I had resigned myself to around Next Girls, but then the unexpected 24th place. I felt the warmth of the fans.

MIO: I thought I wouldn't rank because it had been half a year since I joined (HKT), so my mind became blank.

--How was the ceremony?

MIO: I was really surprised, I got into the stage without thinking anything and realized that I had ranked. I was very grateful and cried. I want to trust this result and improve step by step to live up to the expectations.

MERU: We wanted to be happy with a smile together and have patience, but after it ended, I looked into the other members' faces and felt relief, and I cried...

SAKURA: She cried a lot and hugged me, I was surprised.

MERU: I got an opportunity as a present, so I want to work hard for one year.

KODAMA: For this year, I have been working hard with the objective of ranking, so when I got into 37th I felt a weight off my shoulders and felt relieved. It's a present from the fans, so I'm happy and completely satisfied.

Shinoda's graduation announcement

--Were you thinking about the content of your speech? (Answering Shinoda Mariko's speech from last year, she declared she would "go with the intention of crushing my senpais").

KODAMA: A little. I thought that I would get into the senbatsu someday, and in a place where I could reach many people, those were the words that came out as I tried to express my feelings.

--After that, Shinoda-san announced her graduation.

KODAMA: I was very sad. I thought I would follow her, but... I want to make good memories in the time there is left.

SAKURA: They called Meru and Mio's names, and Aichan and Haruppi's, I thought "It's no good" and ended up crying. When they called me for Undergirls, I thought it was a lie. It was impossible.

MERU: Arrietty

--Everyone laughs

SAKURA: After I heard other people talking, "I got a nice rank", I came to feel the same thing and cried tears of happiness.

--You even looked relieved

SAKURA: I was relieved. "That's good".

--We also know that your rank from last year became a hurdle.

SAKURA: Certainly I think this year's rank of 26th will turn into pressure next year.

The moment Sasshi was number 1

--The moment Sasshi was number 1

KODAMA: At the moment Mayu-san got 3rd place, it was "eeeeee". A cool scene.

SAKURA: A new feeling came. Up to then, it was a big anxiety, but a different nervousness was coming (laughs).

--Sasshi is a person who piled her efforts since she was a kenkyuusei.

KODAMA: She was cheered, right?

MERU: I think perhaps we can also do it.

KODAMA: Until now there was the image that traditional idols get 1st place, but Sasshi is not a traditional idol. But if you keep going while you pursue your individuality and establish a place for yourself, many people will recognize it. "Traditional" alone is not good.

MERU: I thought that exerting yourself is an important thing.

10. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    SOURCE: Nishi Nippon
    DATE: July 17th, 2013
    MEMBERS: Fuchigami Mai, Goto Izumi, Kodama Haruka, Wakatabe Haruka

HKT48 Tsuki Ichi Katsudou Houkoku #3

Every month we bring our readers the "Tsuki Ichi Katsudou Houkoku", with the voices of the Fukuoka-based idol group HKT48. In June the big topic was the AKB48 Senbatsu Sousenkyo, but around HKT48 many things other than the Sousenkyo were happening. This time Kodama Haruka (16), Team H member who made her debut at the AKB48 theater as a Team A concurrency; Wakatabe Haruka (14), from the same team; and second generation kenkyuuseis Goto Izumi (15) and Fuchigami Mai (16) look back on their activities. (古川泰裕[Furukawa Yasuhiro])

Applications from Jakarta

--First, the call for applications for the 3rd generation, starting in June 1 (now ended).

KODAMA: (To a staff member) Did we get many?

STAFF: As an effect of JKT48, we got some applications from Jakarta.

--From Japanese people?

STAFF: No, from local people.

ALL: Heeee!

--There was a surprise announcement at the theater.

FUCHIGAMI: I wasn't at the theater, I learned about it from Google+. There is expectation, and there is insecurity over whether I can be a senpai, and I wonder if one year ago our senpais had this amazing feeling as well.

GOTO: It looks like we'll be busier and have more fun. Both as senpai and as kouhai (to the 1st generation), we must think of our position and behave while having in mind that we're being observed.

KODAMA: When the 2nd generation came, there was both a feeling of anticipation and of confusion, but for the 3rd generation there is no resistance. Welcome to them.

--What kind of kouhai would make you happy?

KODAMA: HKT has energetic people (laughs), and on the other hand we also have hesitant people who can't talk, and perhaps that is interesting. Maybe we will get more intense people.

--Even more energetic... Certainly these won't come.

KODAMA: I think that if they were more than Tani (Marika), it would be good.

WAKATABE: When the 2nd generation joined, I didn't think she was more than Murashige (Anna) (laughs). But I'm happy if I increase the number of my colleagues.

The sneaky kenkyuuseis (laughs)

--On the 5th, there was the kenkyuusei performance at the Nippon Budokan. Standing on the Budokan once again, with hardly any pause after HKT48's solo concert there (April 27th), what an advantage right?

KODAMA: It is! The kenkyuuseis are sneaky for appearing again (laughs). I really wanted to appear again.

GOTO: This time, since people would see the kenkyuuseis and it would seem that HKT was such or such a group, we talked of keeping in mind behaviors that wouldn't embarrass our name.

FUCHIGAMI: In the concert with the other sister groups, I was happy because we united all the 2nd generation members for the first time, so I think we managed to have an experience where everyone came together as one.

--What was the most memorable?

FUCHIGAMI: When 103 of us came together facing each other and made a circle for "Shonichi". I cried without thinking, and I will never be able to forget that scene.

WAKATABE: I was happy that HKT members appeared in many units. I listened to Imada Mina, also from 1st generation, do "Bird", and I thought it was very good because I had been watching her struggle.

The thought for the performance is strong

--On the 19th, Kodama-san's first day in Team A.

KODAMA: From start to finish it was nothing but nervousness. They said my face was "gacchigachi" [NOTE: I couldn't find a translation for this] In the AKB48 theater the distance to the fan seats is shorter than in the HKT48 theater, so I thought I had to dance with precision and care.

--What is the difference between Team H and Team A?

KODAMA: Since there are people from the 1st to the 13th generation together, the solidarity is strong, and also the thought of going through performances one by one. The day before, I was practicing until late in the night, and Morikawa Ayaka-san was with me the whole time. Also, even though I'm not frank like that, I was wondering why they improved me until now, but they expressed the feeling that they wanted me to perform diligently as a Team member, and that helped a lot.** I want to be that kind of person as well.

An energetic song and... ondo?

--On the 13th, the 2nd single was announced. This was also a surprise at the theater. People expected the graduation of Sashihara Rino, who made a triumphant return.

WAKATABE: Before the performance started, Aichan (Ota Aika) was joking around saying "I'm going to announce my graduation today". So when Sasshi said during the performance that she had an announcement to make, everyone burst into tears (laughs).

KODAMA: I wasn't at the theater then, I heard about it by phone. We managed to get good results for the 1st, but I thought the 2nd would be the point of victory or defeat.

WAKATABE: The 1st one was like that too, but I really wanted to get into the senbatsu.

GOTO: For the 2nd generation, we have thought of wanting to get into senbatsu, but I want everyone to come together and do a song that you can love as much as "Suki! Suki! Skip!".

FUCHIGAMI: I was happy that I took part in handshake events in Fukuoka and in other parts of the country for the 1st, so for the 2nd I also want to go and meet many people.

--What kind of song do you want?

KODAMA: Well, wouldn't an energetic song fit us?

GOTO: The title song will be energetic, and if I get a B-side, even if it's an adult song, I would like to try that challenge.

KODAMA: There's a gap, right?

--How is ondo?

GOTO: Is it ondo? Aahh (laughs).

WAKATABE: Here?

KODAMA: Maybe it's interesting.

GOTO: If people can get excited, then it's good.

[**NOTE: Translation for this sentence is unclear. Original: まだそんなにうち解けてもいないのに、なんでここまでよくしてくれるんだろうって思ってたんですけど『Aのメンバーとして、ちゃんとしたパフォーマンスをしてほしい』っていう思いが伝わったし、すごく助かりました。]

11. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
  12. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    ^ That's not really an article, it's more of an ad. So I'll post the translation to Meru's thread instead. :)

13. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i'm searching very good scan of AKB48 Sousenkyo! Mizugi Surprise 2013 .

I think the article of Sasshi is a must to be translated.

We forget too much that Sasshi is HKT48 ahah

14. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    ^ Lol you're right, I do tend to forget about Sasshi sometimes. Thanks for searching for Mizugi Surprise scans, I did some searching too but only found low res scans. I might as well buy it, cause it's so cheap. Anyway, let us know if you find something.

By the way, Afro_Stud just posted some magazine scans in the gallery containing a special about the HKT KKS. There's an interview with Meru and Mio, a half-page text each for Akiyoshi and Tani and short blurbs for each of the other KKS. There's also an article about Sasshi. I intend to translate them later, but if anyone wants to take a crack at them please do! Just let me know here what you're translating so we don't do the same one.

15. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    here's the scan of Sasshi of Mizugi surprise. If you zoom enough it is readable.

This interview is quite quite long so feel free to do it at the end and at your pace. We have plenty of time.

Take a look of the whole interview before start. If the interview is repeating the same thing before doesn't bring any valuable information, you might just not translate it because it's not interesting.

16. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Your post most definitely didn't get ignored. :) At the time, we were just announcing the project and hopefully recruiting as many people as possible from Stage48, besides all the people from the bigger sites (New School Kaiden, etc) that HRP already had talked to before the announcement. However, both of us soon got very busy with managing the forum with the upcoming sousenkyo (and you can see how off-topic sometimes the 2013 Sousenkyo thread did get at times even with us there) so the progress of the website unfortunately got pushed back, which is why there was not much new info. After the sousenkyo was over, however, HRP has already been talking with those skilled in web development to help with the designing of the website. Once that is actually done or close to done will be when content providers (like you, me, anyone interested) will be brought in to discuss more about the direction of the website and what the actual website will entail and who will do what, stuff like that.

I know there's been a lot of confusion as to when the website will actually get off the ground, both here and on Twitter, but it is progressing. The problem is just that everyone always has their own lives to take care of first and it's harder to coordinate a project over the Internet, but once the ball gets rolling, it should be smoother sailing from there. It is quite the ambitious project, but if it works, it will be all the better for the 48 Group fandom. :inlove:

17. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i have found for the other HKT members (thanks to kojimaharunas from Tumblr)

there's smaller texts and it's readable :

Dreaming pebbles can't do it alone! Sayanara123, Sada, we need your help!!! :cute:

Attached Files:

18. lotsheep

lotsheep Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    OK here's a quick one of Sakura's one. Most interview content that comes along with magazine gravure spreads like these don't offer much deep stuff anyway. But nonetheless. :)

You were the only one in HKT48 to rank in last year. Did that give you additional pressure for this year before the elections?

Well I have to say yes, but I tried my best not to be too bothered by that. (laughs)

And the this year you popped all the way up to rank 26!
    I was really surprised! I was 61 during the early release, so when Haruppi's name was called at rank 37, frankly I kinda gave up. So I am really happy. The Undergirls is also full of senior members, so since I'm selected for this role I want to put my best in it.

What is the most memorable thing in this election for you?
    One of it was when Miyazawa-san declared that she would go on with SNH48 only. I was really touched by that. And of course the other moment had to be when Sashi was called out as the top ranking member. As I am only 15, I wasn't able to see that moment live due to the time restriction, but I am really thankful to be able to see it on broadcast. (laughs) Sashi was really anxious back when she just transferred over to HKT48, but I'm really glad she made it to the top in spite of everything. All the HKT members are happy for her.

And there are many HKT48 members who also ranked in right?
    Especially so for Meru and Mio, they are amazing! It hasn't even been a year since they joined the group. That really reminded me of myself last year.

And looking at how Sakura-chan is also a senior now, do you think that you have grown up since then?
    I've learned to speak out in various situations. During the practices for this year's Nissan Stadium concert, I even managed to give quite some advices to the Kenkyuusei. Although I think I'm not too much of the leadership type of person, but since I'm a 1st Generation member, I must also play my part and lead the group forward.

And a brand new year would begin, what is Sakura-chan's goal?
    Personally, I want to try more acting jobs. When I watched Majisuka Gakuen, I really looked up to the members involved, so if there was to be a chance for it, I would really want to attempt to do something like this as well. And someday, I want to be an actress who can take up various roles just like Maeda Atsuko-san.

You're really working hard towards your goal huh.
    Yes. For that purpose, I definitely want to enter the senbatsu for the next year's election. This time round, seeing how Suda Akari-san made it into rank 16 was really exhilarating. I want to be like her and not lose out. And for all those fans who voted for me too, I would keep aiming higher.

19. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    ^ Thank you very much for the translation! I still thought it was an interesting read even if it's not earth-shattering stuff. Could you please edit the post to include a link to the original text and the source of the text for future reference? :)

@ithebigc: Thank you for the clarification. I'm looking forward to contribute to the site in the future in any way I can. :)

@gocchisama: Thanks for the scans! I'll get around to translating some of them when I'm finished with Haruppi's Story.

20. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    SOURCE: haruppi.webcrow.jp (fan site)
    DATE: ?
    MEMBER: Kodama Haruka

Haruppi's Story

AKB48's sister group HKT48 is born! This news shook the heart of Kodama Haruka, who was a middle school student at the time. But not because she was a girl who loved idols. However, this girl, who took part in student council activities while also being a member of the basketball club and who loved to stand out, loved Maeda Atsuko. Also, at the time of the creation of NMB48, she watched through the TV the story of how Watanabe Miyuki became a star, and thought that she wanted to become like that as well.

So she applied for the auditions. This audition, which would be hard in the best of circunstances, seemed difficult to Haruka, who had no experience dancing. But amazingly she passed! Thus began her days immersed in lessons as an HKT48 first generation member. Haruka, inexperienced in dancing, always had intensive training until late.

But "Haruppi" hadn't been born yet. Kodama Haruka's first nickname was "Harurun". The first general manager, in his introduction to the members, wrote this:

So finally, on November 26, 2011, the curtains opened for HKT48's first performance, "Te wo Tsunaginagara". At the time, the person was stood on the center position was Kodama Haruka. Also her nickname was changed to "Haruppi", and thus was the "Haruppi" idol born.

Haruppi Center

Why did Kodama Haruka become the center? In the November 2012 issue of Bubka, then General Manager Sato tells us this:

That is how Kodama Haruka became center. Naturally, the center must engage in activities as the face of HKT48. She was in the senbatsu of "NEW SHIP" (B-side of AKB48's single "GIVE ME FIVE!", released in February of the following year), and took part in a song for the first time with the likes of Watanabe Mayu and Matsui Jurina. Kodama Haruka's name slowly became better known as the representative of HKT48.

However, HTK48 has many fascinating members. At first voices flooded the net asking why was Kodama Haruka center. A bashing storm made by fans of other members. At first Kodama Haruka's charm wasn't quite conveyed.

Still, in practice the number of fans who watched the performances and completely changed those assessments had been growing in the spring of 2012. Center Kodama Haruka's presence and idol aura in the performances became something that people couldn't help but acknowledge. It is hard to imagine Haruppi's struggles to get to that point. Its real meaning is that the idol Haruppi was finally born.

First Senbatsu and Sousenkyo

Then suddenly Kodama Haruka was chosen as senbatsu member of AKB48 and took part in "Manatsu no Sounds Good". However, the shooting of the PV became something very frustrating for Kodama Haruka.

When you watch the PV for "Manatsu no Sounds Good", specially the dance version, you can notice that Kodama Haruka's dancing is late. They ended up shooting while she hadn't learned it correctly. There was again bashing against this on the net. It was still right after the theater debut, but she had no experience in dancing and she was slow to learn the dance moves, and she had to learn the choreography amidst AKB48's busy schedule. Those times were harsh for Kodama Haruka.

However, when actually performing in music shows on TV, Kodama Haruka totally took back that delay and danced perfectly. Her charm was being conveyed also due to TV.

"Manatsu no Sounds Good" included voting tickets for the 2012 sousenkyo. This was the first sousenkyo in which the HKT48 members took part. So, as center, Haruppi's candidancy was high. But she did not rank. The only member from HKT48 who ranked was Miywaki Sakura.

Sashihara Rino's transfer and the resignation of 5 people

Starting on June, when the sousenkyo ended, many incidents started to happen in HKT48. The beginning of the tumultuous incidents was on the late night of June 15, in AKB48 no All Night Nippon. That incident, as everyone throughout Japan knows by now, was the announcement of Sashihara Rino's transfer to HKT48.

From the night of that day until morning came, a storm raged on the net. Most of it were trolls, but HKT48 fans themselves were also worried about the influences that Sashihara Rino's transfer would bring. First was the establishment of a bad image due to the demotion, and in pratical terms maybe someone woule leave Team H due to the transfer, or maybe Sasshihara would become the center. They worried about losing something, even if small, that had been built up to that point.

When the next morning came, it became clear that this concern was not restricted to fans, but that the members felt it too. Many members made posts to Google+ worrying about what they should do next. Among them, Kodama Haruka's post first said "I'm surprised", but later, she made the following post:

To the fans who were driven by worries at that time, Haruppi's post made them feel happy to the point of crying.

Later, when Sashihara Rino was in fact transferred to HKT48 and started performing, the fans' concerns gradually disappeared. In spite of having an irregular 17-person system where members took turns for each song, the performance was done just like always, and Haruppi was the center.

After this, Sashihara devotedly performed public relations activities. The number of fans who recognized her gradually increased, and when it seemed that HKT48 was poised to have a great development, an incident happened.

In August, 5 HKT48 members quit suddenly. As the reason wasn't clear, speculation created more speculation, and the incident came to be covered by many media venues. Haruppi made the following post on her Google+.

HKT48 hit on hard times. They had fewer members, to the point they could not even get the 16 people needed for a performance. On the net, it was whispered that HKT48 had ended. But among that, an even harsher reality waited for Haruppi.

Tears on her seitansai

The person from HKT48 who was chosen for the senbatsu of the AKB48 single "UZA", released in October, was not Kodama Haruka, but Miyawaki Sakura, who had ranked in the sousenkyo. Because the other groups had senbatsus centering on the sousenkyo, this was perhaps inevitable. However, for Haruppi this was frustrating.

The first performance of the UZA senbatsu was at the AKB Janken Tournament. That day, September 19, was Kodama Haruka's birthday. The following day, at the theater performance of HKT48, it was Kodama Haruka's seitansai. There Kodama Haruka showed tears on the stage for the first time. She spoke the following.

This incident was a shock to the fans. Kodama Haruka always talked about being happy, but she carried this distress until then. Many fans were shocked, but also more fans supported her more than they had done before. However, this incident was not the end of Kodama Haruka's suffering.

Kodama Haruka Is Not Center

On September 30, the 2nd generation finally joined HKT48. From then on, the whole HKT48 group advanced in a positive direction. The shortage of members ended, and it became possible to entrust the theater to the 2nd generation while the 1st generation appeared in different media venues. In the Kantou region, "HaKaTa Hyakkaten", a TV show that introduced HKT members, began broadcasting, and suddenly there came a time when people could get to know the HKT members deeply.

Also, there came a chance for HKT48, who hadn't debuted yet, to have an original song. This was because a song was made for each group to be used as a B-side on the AKB48 single "Eien Pressure". That time, HKT48 was in charge of the song "Hatsukoi Butterfly".

The music video for "Hatuskoi Butterfly" was shown for the first time during the performance of November 15. Finally an original song, but the center wasn't Kodama Haruka. It was 2nd generation member Tashima Meru. Tashima Meru was an outstanding talent who, during the auditions, was acknowledged by Akimoto Yasushi as the second Matsui Jurina. There were rumors even before wondering if Tashima wouldn't become center, but this became true unexpectedly. Fans were once again shocked, but how much was Kodama Haruka herself shocked by this reality?

That evening, Kodama Haruka made the following post.

HKT48's Debut

HKT48 had its debut scheduled on 2013. The many media appearances increased and center among them was of course Kodama Haruka. From the end of 2012 to the beginning of 2013, Kodama Haruka continued appearing in many TV shows, such as the Japan Record Award and the Kouhaku Utagassen. Among them, Haruppi made a big decision. From then on, she would try to show her weaknesses. Haruppi, who never complained at all, let it come to the surface and on December 28, 2012 made the following post.

So, on March 20, 2013, HKT48's debut was finally announced. However, its center as before was not Kodama Haruka. It was Tashima Meru. Haruppi wrote nothing about that, but at the handshake event right after the debut, it seems that many people talked to her about it. On March 25, Haruppi made the following post.

Concurrency on Team A

On April 2013, each AKB group did a solo concert at the Budokan. The first concert of HKT48 was on the splendid stage of the Budokan. There Kodama Haruka performed on Mayuyu's "Zannen Shoujo". During the whole performance, Kodama Haruka was specially praised among HKT. However, on that big stage, the main part of the MC that Kodama Haruka had been doing was entrusted to Sashihara. She only spoke on the introduction to "Suki! Suki! Skip!", and she wasn't chosen for the intermediate MC.

On April 28, at the AKB Group Soushutsuen, she appeared as one of the members of "Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru". This performance was also praised, but compared to the appearance of Tashima Meru and Tomonaga Mio on "Nageki no Figure" with Watanabe Mayu and Shinoda Mariko, we can say that it received a lower treatment.

In that context, a shock was coming in the form of a last surprise. In the spring shuffle, while it was announced the cancellation of the current concurrencies on AKB and on sister groups and the new concurrencies, it was announced a single concurrency from HKT48, that of Kodama Haruka to Team A. Haruppi was all tears at the time of the announcement.

When her name was first called, wasn't she afraid that she would be transferred somewhere? When it was clear that she would be able to continue her activities on HKT even with the concurrency, she smiled on the stage. And on that night she made the following post on Google+.

The following day, there was the first HKT48 national handshake event in Fukuoka. A long line formed on the lane where Kodama Haruka was. It was the fans who wanted to talk about the concurrency who had formed a line. That evening, Kodama Haruka made the following post on her Google+.

Kodama Haruka was facing the Team A concurrency in a positive way and beginning another new challenge from HKT48. The concurrency was a chance, but of course there was also anxiety.

The 2013 Sousenkyo

The sousenkyo season came once again. This year, it started using a system of candidancy, but all HKT48 members announced their candidancies. Naturally Kodama Haruka was also a candidate.

On May 22 the preliminary results were announced. Kodama Haruka got the high ranking of 24th! In HKT, she was second only to Sashihara Rino. Everyone was surprised at this high rank. Kodama Haruka was said to not be popular within HKT, but this result made everyone see that she is a popular member. On that day, Kodama Haruka made the following post.

June 8, the day of the event. Fans fought to preserve the Undergirls rank and to rank 2nd in HKT, but the final rank was 37. Even though she managed at least to rank and to get into Next Girls, she didn't get into Undergirls. And because Miyawaki Sakura ranked 26th, she didn't keep the 2nd place within HKT. Even though she had a good result to some extent, we can't call it a victory. However, Kodama Haruka did leave a mark in her speech.

At the end, Kodama Haruka's bad pronunciation attacked and she said "cwush my senpais". The whole of that speech left an impression on people.

That evening, Kodama Haruka made a long post.

And...

"Haruppi's Story" has just started. This page was created to make Haruppi rank in the sousenkyo no matter what. The 2013 sousenkyo has ended and I think that she got a good result to a certain extent. Thank you to everyone who voted!

The truth is the result was not totally satisfactory. We were supposed to live up to Haruppi's hard work, but in the end fans were saved by Haruppi's speech.

The number of fans itself is still low for Kodama Haruka. People still don't know what kind of girl Haruppi is. The fans can compensate for that. Because now we have the net.

The story will continue until next year's sousenkyo. I want to collect that in this page. Maybe there will be more painful events. Things that will be difficult even to read. But I also want there to be happy events.

I want everyone to be happy at next year's sousenkyo with a result that can be called a great victory.