The BASEBALL Thread!

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kinenbi, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    I know that there is a sports thread, but since baseball is big in Japan and America I'd figure I'd start my own thread! Does anyone love this past time as much as I do? I support the Dodgers 100% when it comes to the National League, but I'm also a Red Sox fan even though I've never even been close to Boston. Oh and I was a fan before they started winning world series again, so I'm not a bandwagon fan. I used to be a Mets fan too because of my stepmom! Now they kind of suck so I ignore the East NL bracket.

I went to a playoff game last season when they were playing against the Braves and we kicked their butts 10-4 or something crazy. It was SO WONDERFUL!

So yeah, who do you support?

2. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    When you live in Canada and specifically in the GTA you're pretty much an obligated Blue Jays fan. I don't really follow the league but a friend of mine is big fan so I've gone to about 15 games in my life so far with him, though it is a lot more fun if you're with friends and actually at the game. but i've never had a seat better than the nosebleeds section (well, once actually).

3. Kinenbi

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Yeah, the company and actually being there really helps make baseball more fun. I love it, but even I can admit that it's boring if it's a pitchers duel. Nothing worse than no hits in a game!

Poor Blue Jays :(. One year they'll win! They're better than the Cubs...

4. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    Can I know more about baseball? :confused:

(I don't even know whether Malaysia have baseball team or not :fp: )

Maybe baseball will be another sport that I interested after petanque...
    (and no, I hate football...)

5. Kinenbi

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Baseball is....Baseball is....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball

I can't describe baseball in one post other than saying man hits ball that's pitched to him very fast and they run around bases lol.

6. Sônnenschein

Sônnenschein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Every time I see Baseball I just think of Naked Gun and "This is Enrico Palazzo !"

7. reppa

reppa Kenkyuusei

Greetings...
    For the National League -- the Chicago Cubs...gotta love the losers...
    For the American League -- the Detroit Tigers...I inherited that team from my mother...
    For the Japanese league -- probably the Hanshin Tigers, even though among those idols I like, and I'm aware of their baseball preferences, those Tigers are a rare choice...

8. Kinenbi

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Aww I think that the Cubs are adorable, you really can't help but cheer for them. Lately my team has been disappointing me, our hitting is finally getting hot but we're already 8 games behind the Giants! :(

9. TCS Kennedy

TCS Kennedy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamuramahiro
    Still can't believe my team, the Braves. are still in first place in the NL east... feel like they're so inconsistent (especially the Upton brothers)

10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Sucks that Tanaka is on the DL (looks like he could be out for up to 6 weeks) Having one hell of a season too.

11. L4verra

L4verra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaya
    Twitter:
    L4verra
    American League: lol
    National League: Dodgers

I selected the A's because I like how they are the proverbial underdog team working on a budget (well they aren't underdogs anymore after winning two AL West titles), the film Moneyball helped a whole lot, and the general consensus is that no one really hates the A's. Maybe the Angels, Rangers, Giants, etc., but no one really hates the A's. And I'm not a guy who likes to get hated on because I like who I like.

I picked the Dodgers as my NL team simply because supporting the Giants and the A's is nearly impossible and the Dodgers and A's aren't necessarily rivals. Since I live in Los Angeles county, you see a whole lot more Dodgers caps than Angels caps, so I can fit in with the crowd and not get punched in the face. My friend is a die-hard Angels fan and gets crap talk from Dodger fans every now and then, but he's developed thick skin and can handle it. I haven't however...which is probably why I feel safe wearing a Dodgers cap in the middle of Los Angeles.

Should the A's and Dodgers meet in the world series, I'm not going to watch it honestly...too much side selecting is going to be overwhelming!

12. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    Let's bump the Beisbol thread with the postseason coming up, shall we?
    Edit: Greg Freakin Bird!!!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  13. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

RIP to a Yankees and Baseball Legend Yogi Berra.

14. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    Man, that means The Chairman of the Board Whitey Ford's the last one left...

15. peterthepickle

peterthepickle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    I admit that I don't watch a lot of baseball, but as a San Diego native I can't not root for the Padres, even if we mostly suck. Going to see them at Petco Park is still a blast though!

16. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    Finally Yankees, sheesh.

17. Bort

Bort Kenkyuusei

Come on, Cubs. This is the year. Back to the Future II foretold it. 107 years is plenty long enough.

18. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    I'm good with either the Cubs or the Mets.

19. Kinenbi

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    My team got beat by the Mets, I think it's time to drown my sorrows =_=.

20. kl9391

kl9391 Member

Twitter:
    KsLeep9391
    That Mets top 3 is no joke with Harvey, de Grom, and Thor Syndergaard though.