1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Keyakizaka Conspiracy Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by Urabe, Jan 7, 2017.

1. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    not to mention, the kanji "te" carries the keyaki kanji character resembling hira"te" as the one carrying the whole group

2. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

Theory

The Great Keyaki Schism

One thing which has struck me is the fact that the new members are called "Hiragana Keyaki 2nd Gen" rather than "Keyakizaka 3rd gen". We've also seen that every Keyaki single up to now has had no senbatsu or unders and has included all Kanji members. This has been really successful and management can see that. Why mess with a good thing by bringing in Hiragana and having Senbatsu/Unders, etc. But also why waste all this great talent in Hiragana by making them just a B-Side group?

My theory is that there is going to be a reformation of Keyakizaka46 with Kanji and Keyaki being 2 completely separate entities.
    It will happen as follows...

1. Kanji is going to be treated more like a Johnny's group or some other "set-in-stone" idol group like Momoclo or Berryz Kobou. There will never be any new "Kanji" generations. No new members. The lineup is set in stone. If members graduate then members graduate and they'll just go with fewer members. 5 years from now they might have 12 members. 15 years from now they might have 5 members. But there will never be any new members.
    2. There will never be a Kanji Senbatsu/Unders set-up. Some members may be in front row or back row but no actual Senbatsu. Every member will be in every single. Units and solos may be in order for B-Sides coupling songs as usual.
    3. As members get older and members leave they'll likely release less music and tour less often and focus on solo careers or acting careers but they'll still be a group. Sort of like SMAP, tours will only happen every few years and it will be a huge event. They'll host their own variety/talk show.

4. Hiragana is going to be reformed following the more conventional AKB/Nogizaka-esque format with Senbatsu/Unders, new generations of members, more flexible lineups, etc. Members coming and going more often.
    5. Hiragana and Kanji will be completely separate groups now.
    6. Hiragana would likely be rebranded. Instead of having to be called "Hiragana" Keyaki which forever places them as the other, lesser Keyaki, they'll be treated as a third Sakamichi group (Toriizaka?).
    7. Neru's status is up-in-the air. Will she move permanently to Kanji where she wants to be and a role that the public is already familiar? Will she move to "Hiragana" full time and become the face of the group? Will she stay on as Kennin for awhile in order to boos publicity for the new group before moving to Kanji full time?

Kanji members have all seem to be thoroughly committed to the group. Many say they have big dreams for Kanji's future. Many say they want to be seen as true "artists" rather than just idols. They's always had a more unconventional approach. I think this will be the culmination of that.

3. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Higashimura Mei
    The members aren't management though. What management has now makes money, just as Hirate may not step down as center for awhile, there will be no reorganization, especially not as radical as forming a new group by splitting one that is already, to a degree, bonded.

As much as a change in center and dropping some Kanji members from senbatsu will outrage some fans, management is bound to do it anyway, just because the current senbatsu of Kanji is so bonded doesn't mean it will stay that way forever. Especially as some Hiragana become more and more talented. Especially assuming someone graduates by the end of 2018, a Hiragana would make sense to give the open senbatsu spot to, instead of leaving it empty. Or, that could even be the catalyst for beginning to change people in and out of senbatsu between Kanji/Hiragana/generations like the other groups run by Aki-P.

Management is interested in money. Even if it means crushing a Kanji member's spirit by removing her from senbatsu and giving a Hiragana member a chance, or forcing Neru into a somewhat awkward role of Hiragana sometimes. Splitting up Hiragana and Kanji when they are to a degree, close with eachother personally, would not make money. Giving a senbatsu spot to Hiraganas could be a good way to promote a Hiragana member, and if the member does things right, even a good way to promote Hiragana entirely, rather than leaving senbatsu spots empty and having the group slowly die.

They will always be idols, not artists, as much as Hirate says she wants them to become the latter. Management may be stupid sometimes, but they know the real reason why Keyaki manages to sell as well as it does is, for the most part, because they are idols. Although the public does see them as somewhat of an artistic group, the possibility of loss of money by slowly making them real artists is just to great, and would not be worth it considering there are ways to make more money with what they have now rather than doing something very experimental.

4. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

Management would make way more money if they split Hiragana into their own group. That's the main reason why I think they'll do this. It's more profitable to have 2 popular groups than one popular group and 20 members on the sidelines. I know that management makes the decisions, not the members but the current setup Keyaki has now (i.e. 20 set members, no senbatsu) has been killing it for four singles and Keyaki has also appealed to a broader range of fans than even Nogi so why would management think that messing with a good thing would somehow make them more money rather than less?

Even if the new Hiragana group sells half as many singles as the Kanji group that's still way more than what Hiragana is doing now.

Just because they're idols doesn't mean they have to follow the AKB model. AKB does theater shows every night so they need to have lots of girls spread across multiple teams so it makes sens to have a featured senbatsu, under girls, etc. Other idol groups don't do this and I don't think it really makes sense for Sakamichi to do it either.

Obviously it likely won't happen, which is why I put it in the conspiracy thread and not the general thread but I personally think it would be in management's best interest to go in a different direction. And I think management is going to do something different seeing as how Hiragana and Kanji are basically separate groups already, and I don't think its coincidence that the new members are called Hiragana 2nd gen instead of Keyaki 3rd gen, and I also don't think its a coincidence that Kanji and Hiragana now both have exactly 20 members +1 kennin member (Neru).

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Interesting ideas from @Navicon46. I don't think Hiragana right now would sell half as many copies as Kanji. But what if we had a couple of double releases, with two main MVs each time? That would give Hiragana a chance to develop their audience. Then they might think about a real separation -- although two groups with the same name (just written differently) is hardly total separation. It might at least sell more handshake tickets.

6. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    They don't have to sell half as many CD's as Kanji, but could they sell 1/3 as many?
    Based off of Fukuwaon that would be a little over 200k in first week sales and would put them in the same ballpark as the non-AKB 48 group sales. It would probably be best to limit them to 2 singles per year and still give them a song on the Kanji singles.

7. yonjuroku

yonjuroku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Why did management didnt replace Hirate as center and all the Kanji members are not progressing much because there's no senbatsu between them. i remember the tough time of nogizaka in the beginning, even their eternal fukujins and center are burdened by it, and the unders are vexed to the senbatsu members, even it looks so unfair but they felt the competition there and do better. kids like Waka, Ashu, Maichun, Nanase, Sayunyan, Ikoma, are constantly changing because of it. they know how the senbatsu is earned, but sometimes it felt like given. but that makes ikoma can be replaced from the center, without throwing her away. for Keyakizaka. i dont feel the pressure. all the member knows that they gonna be enters senbatsu. they got no principal too that makes them lack of competitiveness. everytime they got drama, they got all the role. while Hatsumori Bemars is just given to the senbatsu members. thats why, Neru position here is so dubious. she's obviously didnt want to go to Hiragana, after she got the stable place on kanji. but Hiragana surprisingly did good until she's cant follow them anymore. after hiragana got their 2nd gen, maybe they gonna be real separate with the kanjis. but i hope they have senbatsu thingy. even its not unfair and everyone will blame management, they have to struggle for their positions.

8. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    A few of them, or maybe most, probably doesn't have the ambition to become center, nor give a damn about their position, but they'll do their very best for the sake of other members, fans, and 'Keyakizaka46' itself. They have dreams, both for themselves and Keyakizaka, and they'll climb the hills as they hold hands with each other.
    It's very different concept, setting, from the ones that we know so far, the all member senbatsu.

That may be their strength, but as you said, it's also their weakness.

9. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I want to post it on 5th single thread, but I think, his thread is the right place. :D
    The main reason, why mngmnt choose Keyaki Republic as name for their tour is because Keyakizaka will use republic or democratic system in deciding the position for their President, or in this case, Center position. Every member can apply for that position, make campaign, and the candidate for Center came from either K or H. And, those candidates will be chosen by K and H member. It use vote system and the voters won't be revealed. Hmmm...maybe if they did this method, it will tear off their Bonds? :^^;:

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

They seem to be progressing to me. Aoi, Mii-chan, Akanen, Naako, Shii-chan all benefited from their time up front. Every member I've noticed is better now than they were a year ago. I am a definite non-believer in the competition, anguish and tears format. This group does not have to imitate other groups, it's doing amazingly well as it is, and in the style it has chosen (and had chosen for it). But I'm still open to being convinced (by overwhelming evidence) that the nasty method is the best one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho

if the video does not show watch the video here

is it just me, or does fuuchan seem responsible for Techi's outburst?

the way techi looks over when she starts laughing

the way fuuchan keeps starring getting closer and closer as techi loses control

i just wonder what she did

12. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I think it's intentional, maybe from the staff, but probably just Fuuchan herself. She's been next to Techi the last few episodes and you can often see her leaning over to Techi and talking in the background (though that time it got a little out of control [hehe]). I think she's trying to keep her engaged during the show. The same way Fuuchan and Oda were prompting members to talk in the early days of Keyakitte when noone would react to the MCs.

13. Anchan

Anchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibuyanagisa
    It really looks like she would laugh because of her. When she realizes that she's laughing too loud and everyone looks at her she seems surprised and shocked so it does not seem very intentional to me

Gesendet von meinem CUBOT MAX mit Tapatalk

14. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

So Fuuchan has assumed the role of Techi whisperer?

15. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    definitely

16. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Putting Techi next to a variety leader and an unofficial behind the scenes leader like Fuu-chan is intentional, the question is was this move initiated by the staff or by the members?

17. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    OK, this is the first time I've seen this thread, so I'm just gonna put this out there:

I was thinking more about the personalities and roles of some of the members (mainly) within Kanji. But then again this is coming from a fanfic writer who has too many ideas in his head XD I'm just going for the main members for now like Techi, Neru amd Akanen.... but this seems like a fanfic plot more than a conspiracy but please tell me what you guys think xD Maybe I'll do more lol

I think Techi mainly encompasses the role of the tyrannical leader, overshadowing the other members for her own personal gain. She/he would go for any means to stay in the front line, not wanting the others to get attention.

Then there's Neru, the natural pacifist for both Kanji and Hiragana, who wants peace for both sides, but yet can't due to an already large divide between the 2 Keyaki groups, and not only is she opposed by Techi herself but by many others within Kanji.

Akanen, having her sargent character, maybe Techi's main bodyguard XD Her morale boosts maybe brainwashing for the other members lol and is another of Neru's main opposition. But I think something inside her wants to join Neru, but can't due to how demanding Techi can be, and how she herself wants to be in power.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017