1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The MANGA Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by arrowisland, Feb 11, 2008.

1. fikey

fikey Kenkyuusei

Currently manga that i read is naruto,bleach,zetman,yakitate japan,doubt,arms,tokiro,akaboshi,kekkaishi,kurogane linebarrel etc

2. Kai Kusanagi

Kai Kusanagi Kenkyuusei

I'm currently reading basically most of the popular shonen mangas - Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, etc. Some of the ones I finished that I loved include Dragonball (what guy doesn't?), Rave Master, Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chroncicles, Hiakru no Go, Shaman King, etc.

Currently I'm really into stuff by Inio Asano especially Solanin. I'm trying to find scanlations of his work but not much luck =/

3. Hikari Yairi

Hikari Yairi Kenkyuusei

I'm currently reading... bakuman, naruto, the world god only knows, medaka box, psyren, historie XD
    And the manga's i totally love... are
    Naoki Urusawa one's
    But i highly recomend 20th century boy, the plot is like O= amazing
    And aswell Monster, that has an anime of 72 eps.(I actually watched the anime, but is THE SAMEXDD)
    Then... Parasyte, a seinen + gore manga that is just too col :hehe: (same mangaka of historie)
    And... MPD Psycho (never finished it though) a gore, seinen manga about a detective that has multiple personality disorder (MPD)
    Vagabond of Takehiko Inoue(Slam dunk mangaka), the art is so OMFG HE IS JUST D:
    And the story is good too, a seinen manga... I just love so much seinen mangas :XD:
    (there are actually other mangas that i read, but... i haven't watch them cause they haven't been translated yet... ): )
    They're all amazing, but.. I just read amazing mangas so :awesome:

4. _jakkechan

_jakkechan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Cuerrently onto Shonen Mangas right now. i don't know why but knowing takamina likes them wants me myself t like them too XD tkmna's influence. One piece is currently on roll XD :lol:

5. doraemon423

doraemon423 Kenkyuusei

Anyone reads DORAEMON?? :awesome:

6. shonenfan4

shonenfan4 Kenkyuusei

I use to~ best childhood memories ever! [rock]

7. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    How about that AKB49 :awesome:

8. Takahashi

Takahashi Kenkyuusei

^ :XD: [clap] we all do

read Youkai no O-isha-san today, lol maybe I'm into ghost-mystery-youkai kind of things.
    I like Nurarihyon no mago too [hehe]

maybe I'll continue with Higanjima later :awesome:

9. doraemon423

doraemon423 Kenkyuusei

used to? :/ Why aren't you reading it now? D: It's awesome ttm!

10. shonenfan4

shonenfan4 Kenkyuusei

I still go through it every now & then, but mostly because I read it so many times cover to cover before I basically know the plots [hehe]

Forgot to mention before, anyone here read the Lucky Star series? Very interesting imo. :awesome:

11. ellvahara

ellvahara Kenkyuusei

now reading beelzebub and sket dance manga ... :) :)

12. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Currently reading Worst (ワースト?) by Hiroshi Takahashi. I recently just watch Crows Zero and Crows Zero II, so I return to reading it again.

Weekly Read Manga:

One Piece
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Hajime no Ippo
    Beelzebub
    Air Gear
    Fairy Tail
    Toriko
    Bakuman
    Gantz
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
    Get Backers
    Freezing
    Tough
    Claymore

There are others I've finish but I won't list it here its tiring. Just the current active manga.

13. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    I don't really read much manga, but there's some I like.

• Vagabond
    • 20th Century Boys
    • Golgo13
    • Akira
    • early Dragon Ball
    • anything by Tezuka Osamu

14. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Just finished reading (volume 4) of Usagi Drop. The anime series was absolutely fantastic, and the manga is the same. Its about the joy of seeing someone grow and experiencing a child. A 30-year old batchelor adopts a 6 year old girl when her father (who strangely happens to be the main character's grandfather) passes away. So its about his shock in having to look after a child and all the joy it brings. Such a sentimental and happy book :)

15. cosmosphere85

cosmosphere85 Kenkyuusei

Read at your own risk :hehe:
    maybe you won't like the fact they end up being a couple like me?I was so pissed when they told me that

Loved Usagi Drop anime!

I have read many manga,currently reading Nodame Cantabile,Piece,Kuroshitsuji,Momo,Nana(sigh).

16. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    I kinda know the next chapter is a 10 year timeskip and tihngs go downhill from there. I also have heard it has a risque ending that fans hated. I've tried not to but ended up spoiling myself anyway over time. The next English volume isn't going to come out for months anyway, so I can always drop it if it becomes bad. Seems ridiculous to me that thats how it'll end up after the loveliness so far. Loved the anime as well!

17. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Oricon reveals comic chart for the week of December 26th
    by kurumi on December 22, 2011 at 12:39 am
    [​IMG]

Oricon has just unveiled the comic charts for the week of December 26th!

Check out the rankings below and see how your favorites fared!

-

1. Meitantei Conan, Volume 74 – Aoyama Gosho : 300,585
    [​IMG]

2. Gin no Saji Silver Spoon, Volume 2 – Arakawa Hiromu : 202,276
    [​IMG]

3. FAIRY TAIL, Volume 30 – Mashima Hiro : 196,406
    [​IMG]

4. Shingeki no Kyojin, Volume 6 – Isayama Hajime : 194,173
    [​IMG]

5. Chihayafuru, Volume 15 – Suetsugu Yuki : 192,448
    [​IMG]

(Check out the full list here.)

-

Source: Oricon
    Mirrored from Tokyohive

18. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Reviving this thread... as any manga addict would do.

BAKUMAN just ended. :cry2:

I didn't see that coming. :fp:

The mangaka duo Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata is so good at recovering from ending hinting arc I've been fooled so many times. But seeing the Thank you for reading! words I realized it really ended -- I was thinking the word END in the title is just another gimmick to fool the readers.

I'll miss this manga like that of Deathnote.

19. A93x

A93x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    ^ I really should read it. I actually read the first 30 chapters late last year, and loved it, the characters seemed amazing, and just the relationships and bonds seemed really nice. and coming from reading mainly only violence related manga, it was refreshing reading about something more light hearted. But then i had exams, and after that, i haven't really read much manga since. I use to read about 4 hours of manga a day lol, but now that i follow AKB, and have uni and stuff, there isn't as much time for manga.

I read death note about 6 months ago, after hearing how great it was. I like it, but i wouldn't say it's brilliant or anything. I really liked it initially, around the first 40 or so chapters, when things got really interesting with L and Light, but i felt towards the end of it, it dragged on a little too much.

20. Darthgundam

Darthgundam Kenkyuusei

I was surprised it ended so abruptly too, I wanted closure for a lot of the characters and we didn't get any of that. :cry: It's an amazing series, so I can't believe it's really over