1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Official MNL48 Introduction Thread (Say hello!)

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by UnagiSushi48, Jul 19, 2018.

1. UnagiSushi48

UnagiSushi48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    UnagiSushi48
    Wow, that sounds... official! So, I know we already have the Arrivals and Departures thread (I posted there myself) for the whole Stage48 forum, but it might be fun to meet other people on the Stage48 forum who know about MNL48 in particular... since we’ll probably be seeing each other at handshake events and concerts!

Of course, whether you live in the Philippines, or in another country, ALL of you are welcome to post here and introduce yourselves! Looking forward to hearing from you!

As for my own introduction... Hello! You can call me Unagi Sushi (or Unagi for short). I’m 28 and I live in the Philippines. I’ve been an AKB48 fan since 2014 - singing the songs, failing to learn the dances. My oshimen is Ōshima Yuko, and my favorite AKB48 song is Heavy Rotation because it’s such a cheerful song! Anyway, I first heard about MNL48, I didn’t believe it would actually happen. And when I started seeing ads for it on taxis (ah, Philippine traffic!) inviting girls to audition for MNL48, I still didn’t believe it would actually happen.

BUT, now that I’ve watched a few videos on their official YouTube channel... and visited their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages... I now believe that MNL48 is real XD

Even though I’ve been AKB48 fan for years, it’s sometimes hard to feel connected to the Japanese members when you just have songs, pictures, and occasional translated shows. However, with MNL48 now being an official sister group, we have the opportunity to get to know the MNL48 members on a much more personal level, which is really exciting! I’m looking forward to watching MNL48 shows to learn more about the different members (I need to find my MNL48 oshimen, after all)... buying MNL48 albums and merchandise... going to MNL48 handshake events and concerts... and, of course, talking about MNL48 with all of you!

So... hello! :) *waves*

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Hi there, welcome to the forum! We're always happy to see our little MNL48 community grow here haha

I'm Are-kun, I've been on here for awhile, but I accidentally became a wota last year. And now I'm an avid fan of idols in general, but AKB and MNL in particular lol.
    Hope you join us in being excited for MNL's official single debut. I'd leave a bit about my oshimen but uh...long list. It's in the signature haha.
    Anyway, looking forward to interacting with you around the forum! :)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  3. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

Heyyy guys

I'm Roze. I'm new to the 48g fandom but I'm not unfamiliar with them, I've seen some dramas before with some original kami7. I used to watched a lot of jdramas so yeah. I'd say I came from the JE fandom but it's been a while since I've followed any JE stuff. I especially like the boygroup Arashi. And now I like 48g. :)

I was gone in the jfandom for a while and became a kpop fan for a bit especially 2NE1.

And now I'm returning to jfandom again. :)

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk

4. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    [​IMG] I am Raindriar, the Lord of Evil, Dhar, Hatred, Murder and Pizza.

Bow before me my minions for the time where my Evil Army of Evil monsters and Gaithspawn flood the world in an endless tide of agony and despair draws evermore closer. I do not blame you dear reader if hearing my name causes you to void your bowels, just make sure that your mind, body and souls are clean by the time I come to claim it.

You could hand them all straight over, but I have seen and studied your kind for millenniums, you will make me FIGHT for it. No matter, I can do with a workout. But do not over vex me or your damnation will be especially shrill, but then again... I like your delicious Agony loud!.

The Dhar King of Evil will reduce all of humanity to become nothing more but my playthings and Pizza Chef's! AND YOU WILL LOVE EVERY WAKING MOMENT OF YOUR ETERNAL DAMNATION. You will be worked to death in my really big Pizza Factories where you will be forced labored to bake food for my Innumerable Minions.

And you cannot run to your precious little girls for their meager protection, some of them have already sold their souls to me for EVIL Power! Ranging from unearthly beauty, unparalleled Singing and being able to make Memeable Faces for me to laugh at other than poking around my slaves with pointy sticks. They are known by my Dhar Tongue as Gia the Magnificient, Brei-Shaman the Prophetess of Raindriar and finally Sela, High Priestess of Jubilant Suffering! AND IF YOU, My serfs are to die in agony under their unholy presence then I feel your pain....
    IN FACT I WILL RELISH IT!!!

Kneel before me and beg for my Forgiveness! And sacrifice me 18 Inch Pizza with lots of Pepperoni and Cheese pls! I lijke them that way.

(Hi!)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

I'm @dunkindonato, and I've been part of this craziness (MNL48) since the very beginning.

I cover MNL48 for the website www.back2gaming.com where I am also the Section Editor for Pop-Culture topics. I am currently the only guy doing Pop Culture stuff which explains why I am unable to cover as much conventions as I wanted to (Anyone who wants to sign up to be dedicated writers for the other indie groups and conventions are welcome but I can't promise compensation. I don't get paid myself). My current goal is to widen our Sony PlayStation related portfolio.

I began my MNL48 Weekly blog back in 2016, but the first MNL48 article I wrote was way back in 2015. I literally have enough material to create a chronicle of the group's activities including articles I've decided against publishing, or information I intentionally with-held for various reasons.

I've been blessed to have been invited as accredited press people in many MNL48 events and had the opportunity to meet some of them in person (before they became members).

I've met a lot of wonderful people while covering this group, and I look forward to meeting a lot more.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. lizpie014

lizpie014 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kaede Ishiyama
    Twitter:
    lizzyneechan14
    Hello! I'm Lizzy and I'm using this @lizpie014 account. I started my addiction to 48 Group 5 years ago thru JKT48. It all started to listening JKT48 songs until discovering AKB48 and its sister groups. I also used to like SNH48 until its independence from 48 Group last 2016. As of now, I will give my full support to MNL48 and still continue to support to other 48 Groups especially the Southeast Asian 48 Groups (JKT48, BNK48 and SGO48). That's all folks! ;)

7. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Hello everyone!

I used to roam around these parts years ago when Tomomi Itano was still a member of AKB48. Her graduation was basically my graduation as well... fast forward to 2015 and I marry my now wife, who is Filipina, at La Mesa Eco Park. Now I'm back in the US petitioning her but we try to do some things together like watch some fun TV. I came across Produce 48 and we've been watching that for awhile. We picked our favorites from that show and I kept thinking as soon as I catch up to the current episode, I need to find this website again. Here I am, again, but my old account is gone, presumably lost some years ago after a certain thing happened. At any rate, I was browsing here and found MNL48. My wife never told me about this... in fact when I asked her earlier today she told me that she'd seen a couple of episodes of It's Showtime but she didn't care because the girls seemed too whiny. :O

Anyway, at the moment the only members I know from any of the 48g are those that took part in Produce 48 since it's been years since I amassed a small collection of Tomo-chan items that are presently sitting in a box somewhere in storage. So I guess my favorite has to be Iwatate Saho? For now? And Yamada Noe geez...

Can anyone tell me if the selection shows are available for MNL48 or am I stuck with the small clips on the MNL48 and abs-cbn YT?

if the video does not show watch the video here

That is all.

I usually don't read a blog about a show I can watch, but since this is for MNL48 I'll try to at least give it some views. Also do I have to be Filipino or currently in PH to be useful? I nearly applied for a small PH based game company while I was living there but I wasn't comfortable with 3 hours of travel alone at that time. And since I plan on going back, it'd be nice to be a known quantity already.:hmm:

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Hi! I'm Romeo, I'm quite new to the 48g world since I only started to be a fan when Produce48 started. I've known about AKB48 before and I really liked KojiHaru back then (I remember her catching my eye in Heavy Rotation and UZA among the videos that I've seen before). I'm not that new to JPOP since I've been following Perfume and Flower (and to a certain extent, E-girls) since 2013.

I first stumbled upon MNL48 when I saw the casting ads near the airport back in 2016 I think but I'm not really sure. Then when the actual casting happened (with Showtime and all) I've seen some bits on facebook and was not impressed at all especially because the videos that I've seen were really bad. I think I've had this negative feeling about them when I saw a video of some of the hopefuls being interviewed and she said that she liked AKB48 but couldn't name any song because "she's focusing on her studies". I've also seen the video where they were dancing to "Kapag Tumibok Ang Puso" and was shocked about the level of performance since I was so used to KPOP level of dancing lol. It was also the time that Nekkoya was released so the comparisons were really... really harsh.

Fast forward to the latter half of Produce48 and Aitakatta was released! I didn't want to be a fan at first, I tried to resist but then I watched the video of them going to the 2018 Sousenkyo Event and really liked how Alice handled herself so I finally gave in.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I met my now deceased wife in graduate school in the US. Her parents were Ilocanos from Tarlac. We would go to Manila to visit every couple of years, and we lived in Quezon City for six months in the 70s. As I posted in the "what single would you like to see them record" thread, my favorites from back then were Manila by Hot Dog and folk songs by Nora Aunor. I also like Carinosa by Pilita Corales. I think you might have to ask your parents or grandparents about that one. :)

Did any Americans here see "The Debut"? I loved when Tirso Cruz III sang Ikaw to his wife and daughter. "Ikaw ang ligaya sa buhay" I am listening to it now. Oh, found the clip on YT.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2