1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Official Stage48 Rules

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by ithebigc, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    When my posts are altered and grouped together regardless of whether or not it's a new line of question on the forum, yes I do feel it's invasive. I don't question the rule, I question the way it's enforced.

As the forums I frequent are quite slow, I now restrain myself from posting because it would be seen as a violation.

2. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

@BigPaddy_FR
    The choice is ultimately yours. However, in general, if a poster would give a tad bit consideration to the overall guidelines when forming a post (or a series of posts) it'd be just fine.

No need to go as far as quit posting altogether.

3. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

May i ask for a better explanation of the forum rules regarding copyrighted content?

It is self-explanatory that links to pirated content is forbidden:
    - LoDs
    - CD/DVD/BD rips

, but i am not sure if this applies to:
    - concerts which have been only televised but never published on DVDs (for example the Omoidaseru Kimitachi e series in 2013, DIVA final show 2014)
    - concerts which have been both televised and published (Seibu Dome 2011)
    - music or variety shows (i get that linking to youtube is fine, but maybe linking to HQ (.ts) downloads is not?)
    - magazine scans (i get they are OK)
    - photobook/mook scans (are they OK?)

There seems to be some grey zones. Maybe we can a clarification of what is OK and what is not?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  4. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    The key words are in bold. If whatever content you're sharing was/is purchasable overseas, regardless of cost, then they should not be posted nor any links directing others to them. This applies to all singles, concert DVDs/Blu-rays, etc. If it's something like a performance on Music Station, something that was broadcast only in Japan and will never be sold, by all means, please go ahead and post direct downloads, torrents or whatever to that. It's also why I generally turn a blind eye to LoDs - DMM makes it stupid hard for international fans to subscribe. If they weren't going to get any money from us anyway (since they block by country as well as by credit card), then I don't see the harm in people posting videos of them.

The main point is, we don't want to be the cause of any lost sales which is money that could've gone towards the members or any of the huge numbers of staff supporting them. Management knows full well of Stage48's existence, and we never want to give off the impression that we encourage any pirating.

Going down your list, stuff that have only ever be televised in Japan but never released on DVDs/Blu-rays are fine; no one is losing any money by that being shared. Concerts which have been published - nope. Music and variety shows, it depends. I'd say yes to most music shows, variety is ehh. AKBINGO/AKB48 SHOW! isn't ever sold in sets, so I would allow those, but stuff like the HKT48 vs NGT48 show, which is indeed getting a DVD/Blu-ray set, nope. Magazine scans are probably the closest we'll ever come to allowing stuff that usually costs money on our site. Mooks/photobooks - definitely no to any zip or rar files containing scans of the entire book, but if you're posting like the Mayuyu page of the Mizugi Surprise into her gallery, sure, we'll allow that.

There are a lot of grey areas, like you said. The advice I would give before posting any copyrighted content would be to think if the groups could stand to lose money/sales by that content being posted - if so, then stay on the safe side and don't post it.

5. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Finally I could read the Rules. Sorry but it wasn't so obvious to me to find it in "Announcements & News". I think it would help if there was a fixed link in the menu (along with Home Foruns Members Wiki48 Studio48 Translate48 Chat) or at the footer. Perhaps more people have the same problem. Thank you.

6. Anni48

Anni48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I saw the note about my signature. Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I thought it was alright under the spoiler.
    I get it was too long and too much text but now I got to ask how much I'm allow to put there. Is there a sign limitation like how many words can be written or something? It says not bigger than 750 x 225 pixels so I wonder how I know when it's too big. Sorry for bothering you about it.

Edit: I changed it to text only. Hope it matches the rules this way. If not please let me know so I can make it smaller.
    And sorry for violating the rules before. It's my fault for not checking the updated rules after being away for almost 2 years. o_O

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  7. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    According to my screenshot check, it seems to be just under 225 pixels tall. I'm not sure if measurements like that are always accurate, though.

8. m3rv

m3rv Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    I'am a new member and i understand the rules but may i ask if there will be an exemption for proxy use, Im using vpn to access youtube channels and spotify channels/songs that are not available outside Japan and sometimes i let my vpn on while accessing different sites because of spotify

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  9. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    So just now some Dailymotion links to MVs were removed from the Influencer thread.

I'm pretty well versed on the piracy rules (though I've skipped before, sorry) but I'd like a clarification on this.

Currently, DM backups of AKB music videos sit untouched after more than one week on the Shoot Sign thread. Including one link to a Facebook page with the full version of Shoot Sign.

The only thing I could think of is that they're full versions, but they're the same version as published on Youtube. So I feel they should fall under the same rules as the AKB MVs, both cases being youtube backups.

Especially considering the fact that unlike AKB and 48SG channels, Nogizaka's channel is blocked outside Japan, and forum members have been posting DM backups for years now. I've never noticed them being deleted before.

10. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

My post and link to the DM video is still up tho.

11. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Daily Motion links were not removed, torrent links and Google downloads were

If there are download links to shoot sign PVs on that thread, please point them out and I will remove them too

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  12. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

13. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    DM links were removed. It was a different comment to the one with the Google drive links, but perhaps there were also DL links which I missed in the same comment.

14. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    I'm looking for a section in rules that says, who is allowed to like posts - I somehow wasn't able to find such.

15. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Anyone with the Tapatalk app that connects to this forum

16. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    Is that a Tapatalk sponsorship or something? :hmm: I'm so dumbfounded, why would be this feature otherwise disabled for browser users, for example.

17. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    My guess is that Tapatalk enabling that feature was not in the plans of the admin who disabled it in the first place but he, whoever "he" is, is not longer active and we don't actually have someone to fix it so... learn to live with it? o_O

18. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

This was not intended.
    HoneyRoastedPeanuts had really big plans for a specific like-system (iirc only the staff should have upvoted posts :>), so the button was disabled.

This was way before tapatalk even existed. Basically its a bug.

19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Since the issue has been brought up in the Anna Makino special stage thread.
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...oren-no-ka-18-04-17.21830/page-2#post-1460143
    May I ask what is the current statement regarding linking and LODs ?

The rules about piracy forbids from linking stuff that are legally buyable for foreigners.
    But with the right method, (there's a thread about this) it is possible to create a dmm acount and buy LODs legally. (Or let's just say half legally since it is region locked officially, yet DMM get the money in the end).

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  20. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    From the admin bout a year and half ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.