1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The ordering, shipping and arrivals thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jul 23, 2007.

1. shinra94

shinra94 Kenkyuusei

Hmmm... Was relying mostly on a site that's now taken down so I'm kinda fumbling in the dark right now. Alerts for an individual would be a pain to set up as there's so many members who've been and gone and may not get included in it.

2. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

[​IMG]

Keicchi's PB just arrived.

3. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Photo book releases are uncommon and they usually make a big announcement for it. Any 48 groups news outlet will talk about it. Also if you naturally follow your oshimen's sns accounts, you will know. Most goods can be bought at amazon, cdjapan, yesasia etc.

4. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I usually rely on http://akb.48lover.com/

At
    the 1st quarter of the page ownards, look at the right side portion and it will usually tell you the upcoming release schedule.

It's not only AKBG but should provide some info.

Hope this helps :)

5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I was in Book Off in Namba, Osaka this afternoon and I managed to find the BluRay 6-disk version of Million ga Ippai labelled for the princely sum of 2950 Yen. However I didn't even pay that price because the sales assistant discounted it by 10% as there were no photos in the box, so I actually paid just 2655 Yen! At the moment CDJapan is charging almost 13000 Yen for the same product without postage...

IMG_1215.JPG

6. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Nice ... I don't want to think about how much I have spent in various Book Offs around Japan in the times I've been in Japan (the answer would be a lot but the saving would be a lot too). Although Mandarake in Fukuoka was good for HKT48 concert sets last time I was there.

7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Nice! I got mine at Book-Off Kawasaki almost exactly one year ago for 4455. My best deal was AKB in Tokyo Dome for 3105: CDJapan wants 20857 Yen. Mine was 85% off list. [I did get photos with both.]

8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Book Off in Namba today had Tokyo Dome for about 12000 Yen (which I passed on) so indeed you got a very good deal at 3105!

9. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Few more things, although I have quite a bit still in the post at the moment ...

IMG_20170401_101449.jpeg

Nogizaka46 17th - Influencer - Types A-D
    Akimoto Manatsu (Nogizaka46) 1st Photobook
    Sakurai Reika (Nogizaka46) 1st Photobook
    48/46 High School Graduation 2017 Mook

I did also manage to pick up AKB48's Koko ga Rhodes da, Koko de Tobe! album (Type-B) off eBay the other say as I realised I hadn't got around to getting it.

In regards to the posts above about where to find information about photobooks I do think we do it wrong on here and that, at least for current members, the threads for them should be in the group News & Release forum rather than the Sub-Unit/Solo one as the current situation is messy and makes things hard to find.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  10. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    This is my full haul from Book Off in Japan last week:

IMG_1379.JPG

Million ga Ippai (6-disk BD)
    2013 Summer Dome Tour (10-disk BD)
    SKE48 2011.05.02 @ AKASAKA BLITZ (3-disk DVD)
    AKB48 Yoshaa Ikuzo! in Seibu Dome 2011 (7-disk DVD)

I don't recognise the cover of the last one, is it possible I've just got the inner disk container? Anyway it was only 850 JPY for 7 disks so I can't really complain! The dearest one was the 2013 Summer Dome Tour set at 4000 JPY but still only about a sixth of the price currently on CDJapan.

In other news I also bought from regular stores the PBs for Wasamin, Annin and Keichi as well as the new AKB48 Costume Book plus all 5 types of Shoot Sign.

11. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Looking at my copy yes it looks like that's just the inner disk sleeve for the Seibu Dome set ... I assume that you didn't get the photobook for the set too? But for the price you got the disks I'd class it as a win. After watching it you should look at the second (if I remember correctly) AKB documentary to see what went on backstage there.

I thought that the concerts in the 2013 Summer Dome Tour set were very good. Another older set to keep an eye out for (in my opinion) is the boxset for the 2012 spring concerts at SSA, (where Maeda Atsuko announced her graduation).

12. 65maho

65maho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Hello, I was just looking at ordering some of AKB48 Blu-ray Concerts from last year and found this in the description
    of several of their latest releases: ATTENTION!!! Due to publisher restriction, this product is no longer available for any order to be shipped outside of Japan. We can only ship this product within Japan.
    looks like the end of a good thing to me :(

13. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Is it Amazon Japan you're looking at and if so which titles? I've noticed in recent months that some titles from them can't be shipped abroad (at least not to UK addresses) although the forthcoming Kojiharu grad concert set seems to be OK in that respect (and I am referring to titles 'shipped from and sold by Amazon.co.jp', not those supplied by third party resellers). In any case I can't remember seeing any such restrictions on any titles on CDJapan.

EDIT: Yes I can now see that restriction message on some titles on CDJapan, I've never seen that before. :(

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  14. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    If you use something like 'Buyee' are you still unable to purchase? It's what I've used when I have wanted something with Japan only delivery, though it is obviously more expensive.

15. 65maho

65maho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Buyee seems to be OK.. with what they are selling there.. however, CDJapans latest AKB48 DVD/Blu-ray from Mid 2016+ all are unavailable to ship out of Japan.. :idea: Looks like time to make some good friends on ebay who live in Japan...

16. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

I seem to remember that this isn't the first time this has happened and has been "corrected" again after a while (a probably people complaining to AKB48G Management).

Doing this is stupid and shortsighted as:
    - it encourages people who may have bought things to just pirate them.
    - it means that people are more at risk of scammers and price gougers on auction sites.
    - there are normally ways around these things using reshippers but this puts up the total cost due to fees. This has a knock on affect that people buy less as if you have a fixed budget and things are now costing you more then you will actually end up buying fewer items.
    - it angers a section of the groups customer base which cannot be a good thing especially as that section already have to jump through more hoops than the Japanese fans.

It would be understandable for things like films where a production company may want to license things for international release but for these things that just doesn't happen.

17. 65maho

65maho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    You are so correct in what you have said.. Let us pray for this to come around for the best soon.. :approve:

18. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Trouble is having a way to feedback that this is an unwanted and pointless. If someone was in Japan they could complain to Management at a handshake event but outside of Japan I'm not sure of any real way of complaining.

19. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Apparently the source of the ban on foreign sales is Avex Trax so I guess we know who actually needs to be complained too, (source: I complained to CDJapan and asked who was the source and got a nice email back from them explaining the situation and stating that they are really not happy about it).

Thought, CDJapan have their own proxy service, I wonder if they can sell to themselves ....

20. 65maho

65maho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Sorry, but who or what is this 'Avex Trax'?