1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The ordering, shipping and arrivals thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jul 23, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    well, DHL is still delivering from Japan to The Netherlands
    [​IMG][​IMG]

the import duties were nothing short of highway robbery ... but what can you do :/
    it did arrive much earlier then I expected

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    After nothing for a few weeks I had a sudden flurry of deliveries in the past 48 hours.

thumbnail_IMG_2923.jpg

The Shiichan and Marika DVDs took 18 days to reach me via EMS but the HKT48 CDs and the two PBs took less than 72 hours via DHL - good to get them quickly but I also had to pay excessive charges. :/ However at least I've got some good entertainment this weekend while I'm stuck indoors.

• Like Like x 4
  3. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    ^ What a man of culture :1st:

4. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just had one further delivery to help me through the lockdown, it's a copy of the SKE48 2015 Winter Concert BD set:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I remember seeing this set on sale at the AKB48 Shop in Akihabara on my trip to Japan in April 2016 and I sensed that Jurina on the cover was yelling "BUY ME!!!" but it cost about 22,000 JPY and I just didn't have the cash to spend on it. However recently I was browsing Amazon JP and found a new copy on sale at a reseller for a much more reasonable 5,720 JPY so I ordered it using Sakuraism as a proxy and it arrived yesterday having taken just 9 days to get here via EMS, which is quite an improvement on speed under the present conditions.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    My first time ordering and shipping in the time of Corona virus.

Early last month, Wasamin announced a special event to promote her new release a CD/DVD plus CD 2-pack.
    • Event date and time: Monday, April 20th 1900 JST
    • You only need a Japanese address, and a credit card to participate. (overseas credit card okay, and I am pretty sure a "Tenso address" or something similar is also okay)
    • There is a field where you can enter what name you wish to be called.
    • The event will be broadcast live on YouTube, and archived so you can watch it later. Wasamin will announce your name as she is signing your CD.
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...asa-misaki-wasamin.1886/page-157#post-1662786

I signed up for a Tenso account (in the past I only bought from Amazon or other outlets that had international shipping), ordered a set, and waited for the event. And then there was a lock down. The event was postponed, but she signed and shipped the CD on the release date, April 22. I got an email from Tenso saying it had arrived and asking for payment of the shipping fees. But then, Japan post announced that there weren't enough planes flying to the US so they had a big backlog and would no longer be accepting packages.

So where was my package, at Japan Post where it might be stuck for 4 months or still at Tenso? The next email from Tenso on the 24th said they had it, and they could hold it or I could use DHL (at additional cost). Now when I have purchased from Amazon international shipping, I didn't worry about a box set getting damaged, but these were CDs and had been prepared for domestic shipping, so I decided to go for "protective packaging." I sent in my change of shipping on Friday, but they didn't process it until Monday. Of course they don't tell you in advance what that will cost, so I only found out this Tuesday, April 28 the protective packaging added ¥1500 to the cost. Yipes!

Now for the good part. They shipped it (and DHL picked it up) yesterday, April 30. I was told it would arrive on Monday, May 4, but this morning, I got an update: arriving today!

Yesterday, April 30: Shipment picked up TOKYO - JAPAN 5:49 PM It arrived in Cincinnati the same day at 2:06 PM (time zone shift) where Customs status was updated and was in LA at 7:30 this morning and at my house at 3:08.

In case you are wondering what protective packaging gets you, here is the whole unwrapping sequence:
    outer box showing the contents were fragile; bubble wrap and filler paper in the box; bubble wrap around bubble wrap; the bubble wrap from inside the outer bubble wrap; and the goods. As you can see, the signature was not on the CD/DVD, which makes sense since that would get ripped upon removing the cellophane, but on an insert.

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

P.S. Unlike some European countries, there is no problem getting CDs through US customs (with no fees).

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    It's not funny to read about how some people can receive packages from Japan while my package with DVD:s is lying by Sakuraism because Japan post refuse to send to Sweden. It's a bit confusing because a couple of countries in Europe is ok and it's possible to send post TO Japan from Sweden. And noone knows when the connection is ok again. Next week, next month or next year? But there might be a solution. Is there any kind and helpful person here who can act as a proxy service and accept to receive my package and then send it forward to me? I'll pay for what it costs.

Edit:And of course it must be easy and possible for that person to send the package.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

I shelled out on Fedex shipping since it seems that only private carriers are fulfilling shipments in the US. Only took 3 days I think... really brightened up the beginning of my week! (Haven't ordered anything in AGES!)

IMG_2081.JPG
    My dog couldn't resist being in the photo :^^;:

IMG_2083.jpg
    Quite a few back issues! I really wanted to get something with my Keyaki oshi (Mon) and my Nogi oshi (Momoko) so the blt graphs were a must! Of course, wanted to get some Techi mags as well (annoyed that CDJ cancelled my Olive magazine only to get it in stock like a day later).
    Also I have to say... if you are a Keyaki fan and haven't looked into Yamasaki Ten, check her out NOW! She photographs so well, serious model material in my opinion!

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  8. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    My copy of the new 2020 RH Setlist Best 50 3-disk set has just arrived from Amazon JP via DHL:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. heatsignature

Had COVID not hit, I would have been in Japan right now visiting family (and going to idol events). Unfortunately trip was postponed indefinitely, so I decided to treat myself to some more print material~

Got a stupid large package this morning and was a bit shocked to realize it was my CDJapan order. A lot of it ended up being just packing paper though haha.

IMG_2742.jpg

Props to CDJ for always wrapping the magazines so dilligently!

IMG_2762.JPG

And here's the full haul! I used to be a bigger collector of CDs but I never really open them after taking out the photos, so now I'm just an avid magazine/photobook collector. The shipping is on the pricier side, but I love afternoons where I go through my shelves and look at back-issues.

IMG_2761.jpg

Breakdown of what I got that no one asked for (Clockwise from top left):
    • Flash Special (Endo Sakura Cover): The Sakura and Kuboshi shoots were really nice but it's always quite disappointing when you see a name of the cover (Maiyan) and when you open it up it's not a photoshoot but some graduation digest... The Sakura shoot alone does make up for it though
    • Entame (Watanabe Risa Cover): Probably the dud of this batch. Sometimes these magazines advertise in big letters "KEYAKIZAKA" but then that portion of the magazine ends up being minimal, boo. "Memorial Shoot" is usually a huge tipoff that it will just be old recycled photos but jeez... putting someone's name on the cover and then having her photo only take up a quarter of a page should be a crime! Will probably end up selling it.
    • with (Umezawa Minami & Kobayashi Yui Cover): Your usual Japanese fashion magazine with some very cute shots of Ume and Pon together! I really enjoy the modeling shots with Ume- she really suits the look!
    • 20 sweet (Kobayashi Yui Cover): Probably the highlight of my haul, it is GORGEOUS! I didn't expect so many pages dedicated to each member (210 pages holy crap!!) Now I gotta get the Moriya cover ASAP.
    • Kobayashi Yui Photobook: My third Kobayui thing even though she's not even my oshi haha. It's actually my first Keyaki photobook and it's quite nice! Pon really suits the fall vibes of the photobook.
    • anan (Hirose Suzu & Yoshizawa Ryo Cover): Mostly bought it cause Suzu and Ryo are cute though Ikoma was unexpectedly inside as well. I didn't realize I picked up the cosmetics issue but.. yeah there's a lot of makeup stuff inside haha.
    • Suda Masaki Photobook: Ok so this one is not idol-related but I'm a huge fan of Suda's music, acting... he's just such a superstar! The photobook is really unique with its several different themes throughout and a few lengthy interviews + photoshoots with famous friends like Nikaido Fumi and Oguri Shun. The only idol PB I remember had similar fragmented feel to this one is Paruru's 1st... I wouldn't mind seeing another one! Also this was the priciest thing of the haul at 2800 yen (!!) It does have a DVD but I don't have a region free player to watch it unfortunately...
    • Kadokawa (Hirate Yurina Cover): I was on the fence of ordering this one, but I'm glad I did! The concert photos included were nice, the Techi shoot was super cute, and I loved the 2ki shoot as well! I was aware of how tiny Kadokawa issues were and it kept me away from buying before, but I'm glad I bit the bullet and bought it anyways.
    • Overture Archives (Ikoma Rina cover): Another highlight! I had never bought Overture before, but this conveniently compiled a lot of their highlights which gave me some good insight into the feel of each issue. Huge fan, it reminds me of the short-lived "UPDATE" magazine and So-en. Hope I could grab ahold of the Techi "New Idol Order" issue eventually.
    • Olive (Hirate Yurina Cover): The cover alone sold me on this, the inside could have been 100 blank pages and I still would have been happy with my purchase. But I did really like the eclectic style of this magazines (Ito Marika vibes if you will) and there was a Komatsu Nana and Suda shoot which I quite liked!

Overall quite happy with what I got! Hope my next haul will be straight from Japan instead of from CDJapan!

• Like Like x 4
  10. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I'll be so happy when the Japanese postal service goes back to normal. DHL stop short of charging you one of your kidneys for postage, but not by much.

11. metallion

metallion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    I just received this in the mail today! The EX Taishu x Beat Carnival mini photobook that was a reward from one of their final events
    [​IMG]
    Guess I got something good out of my time playing Beat Carnival. I nearly missed this as well, as the email notifying me of my win went to my junk mail, and I saw it only because I was searching for another email. Now I wonder if I had missed any other rewards just because those emails went to my junk.

• Like Like x 1
  12. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    At last I've got a message from sakuraism that Sweden is removed from the list of countries that are blocked for shipping. After more than 2 month of delay he can send the package to me. Now I just hope it will arrive safe.

• Like Like x 2
  13. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    VR goggles arrived today from AKB48 group shop. Shipped by Tenso. Basic but nicer than cardboard. Includes a trial acct for VR Square. [​IMG][​IMG]

Also, Sherbet Pink!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  14. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    After quite a long gap I've just had a few deliveries from Japan and Korea.

Firstly some magazines (including the Ray Idol Beauty Book which is really a PB):
    [​IMG]

Sakura version promo copy of Oneiric Diary (signed by all members):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

D-ICON Magazine Vol.8 Sakura and Chaewon versions (including bonus items):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Then this morning DHL promptly delivered my order of NMB48's new single from CDJapan:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    I have a question: For the photos, does anyone sleeve them before putting them in a sleeve? As in extra protection for the photos, since they are glossy? Are there protective top loader sleeves that fit 48G photos? lol I'm curious. I know some photos are wider and smaller (like NMB ones) compared to AKB/SKE ones. I'm just curious on how everyone stores their photos.

16. heatsignature

I generally do sleeve them if I have enough handy. If I don't I sleeve the more rare/valuable cards first.

There are toploaders that fit 48G photos, the 3 1/2" x 5" ones (or 3 1/2" x 5 1/8") are the ones that fit most of them. For postcard sizes 4" x 6" (I buy these for selling/trading since they are easier to fit several into).

17. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

I use two types of covers.
    [​IMG]

And that's how they stay.
    [​IMG]

I save them in albums.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Held, opened and inspected by customs since the beginning of this month :blink: the package finally arrived :^^;:
    DSC2788.jpg

A figure of Miichan
    DSC2753.jpg

Mama&Son Official Store gave me a gift from Miichan's graduation :)
    Look at the size of the gift I bought with.
    DSC2763.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  19. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Lip Gloss is here. Nice insert in the theater ver.

[​IMG]

I rolled a 1 (- - ; )

[​IMG]

Then a natural 20 ( ^ ^) /

[​IMG]

And that's it..just 2 tickets for yuiyui. I'm really tired of all the plastic in my house (I recycled close to 100 jewel cases from jiiwaru and shitsuren). At least until the next in person event i can attend in Japan wwww

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  20. IbarakiRose

IbarakiRose Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin
    I picked up some of the netshop photos for Hisashiburi no Lip Gloss.

S48P.jpg

I got Okabe Rin's and Omori Maho's versions. It comes with four photos in costume and then one of them both in the MV clothing. I'm not always a fan of the outfits they choose normally for the net shop photos but thought these were nice.

The shipping was more expensive then both of the photos and proxy cost put together, so I might wait for it to get back to some normality before purchasing anymore.

• Like Like x 1