1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The "oshimen" field discussion thread!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by unwanted, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

Why is oshimen a necessary information now?

2. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Well, why wouldn't it be... on a forum for fans of AKB48 of all things? :^^;: Having an oshimen is pretty much what it's all about. It's the first thing everyone will want to know about you - more than where you're from or how old you are. It's the most relevant piece of information identifying you as a fan of AKB48. I just generally want our members to represent the girls they support more.

If you're a new fan, if your oshimen has just recently graduated or if you simply don't want to decide, pick "n/a". Nothing to be ashamed about.

Also: the way I set up the system it allows us to message all users that have selected a particular member as oshimen. So (let's say) if Kojiharu graduates, it'd be very easy for me to send a quick alert to everyone about it.

3. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

I don't totally agree with what's written in black but I find the grey reason very compelling. It's a nice feature!

4. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

All right! Now I'm blaming you if she goes.

5. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Just saying, you know. :chuffed: Sure it's a little strict to "force" that option upon everyone, but then again it's not like I'm asking for your credit card number. When you register an official fan club account you gotta choose one or none as well, so I don't think it's too much to ask.

6. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Since we are already in the discussion related to profile's, may I know what's the use of 'Status.' I do not like to assume on what its really use for, though I can imagine it, but I want someone more verse in Xenforo and how this feature may relate to forum use.

7. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    It looks like you're not including graduates, which I can understand. However, being someone whose favorite person to follow on this forum is a graduate, I think it would be nice to be able to clearly see who else likes her the most. I guess you can tell by who posts in the member forum and by avatar, but it would still be cool to know (especially if we will be able to see a list of forum members with the same answer?).

If this is being used mostly for mod notifications and stuff like that though it doesn't seem like it would matter a lot. For now I just put n/a.

@HoneyRoastedPeanuts Yeah, that's what I figured, I just wanted to give my two cents. I understand that technically I can't call her my "oshimen" but it just feels... wrong to say that for any other member (yet, at least!). I'll just stick with n/a then.

8. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I love the oshimen addition to our profiles. I'm always intrigued by what members our posters are supporting and I've noticed that it's not entirely uncommon for posters to use avatars and signatures that don't feature their oshi...this is such a quick, easy way to tell what's what now. :approve:

9. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Why is the oshimen addition a requirement? I can't decide between three girls. AHHH!! :XD:

10. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I think that's why...

:awesome:

11. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    Yes I love being able to see who everyone's oshis are now, I keep going into random threads just to see who everyone who posted put as theirs haha.

12. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    Hahaha I'm thinking the same. I've been unsure about my oshimen ever since I became a fan but this finally pushed me to make a decision. And even though I can go into the settings and change it anytime I want, just seeing it plainly written under my username has a powerful reinforcing effect.

@Crests - I'm doing the same :awesome:

13. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Matsumura Sayuri oshimen... More interested in her than the AKB48 girls, it appears for me... (mainly because of the Sayuri name)

14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Creepers, the whole lot of yous.:rofl::rofl:

15. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    The oshimen option is cool, because now I can change my avatar or signature to not reflect who my oshimen is... or not :D

16. Genbu

Genbu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Me too. But I have an idea: is it doable if we, who have oshimen more than one, can have an option to choose Kami-Oshi first, then have a checkbox that says "do you want to add another oshimen?" so we can choose our oshimen again?

17. araishikeiwai

araishikeiwai Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kimotokanon
    Twitter:
    araishikeiwai
    I want this too!

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

18. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    Most people do have more than one oshi, but it would be take too much page space up for every person to list every member they like in their description on the same page. Cool idea, though.

19. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    This is going to be an unpopular view, but...

If you have a need to list more than one person as your oshimen...

You don't have an oshimen.

20. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    I agree with you. I have oshimen (Iwata Karen) and then I have a few other members I like, but would probably never replace my oshimen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.