1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The "oshimen" field discussion thread!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by unwanted, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

So all this fuss is in a great deal to teach the meaning of the word 'oshi'... :lol:

2. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

I don't understand why everyone is taking this so seriously.:fp: Enjoy AKB the way you want and call oshi whatever and who you want. I'm sure when they ask guests and celebrities on AKBINGO! who their oshi is they don't literally ask them to promise they'll love a certain girl unconditionally, visit every single event she's attending and spend all their money on her stuff. I don't get how you're missing the point of AKB or not enjoying it to the fullest if you don't have a real 'oshimen'. I'm not obsessing over one member like some here, I probably wouldn't even feel the need to attend a handshake event if I had the chance, yet I'm still enjoying their music, videos, shows, events, dramas, manga etc. just fine. The purpose of the whole oshi thing is to create some competition between the girls which makes AKB so much more interesting to follow, but that's it. No one can tell me what I should or should not do or feel to have the right to enjoy something or call myself a fan.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  3. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    You misunderstood me, I don't have any problem. It was an example for others. On the other hand I find the information totally unnecessary.

4. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    The admin has moved these into new thread...

Welcome to
    The "oshimen" field discussion thread!

5. aezea

aezea Stage48 Designer

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    aezea48
    hi everyone! so uhmm. quite a long thread for a small part of your forum's user info. :)

anyway. took quite a bit of my time (and brain cells) but I finally made something for this.
    if you select (n/a) for your oshimen, it wont show up below your user info. whew. yey!

only thing I dislike about this is there are now 2 Yokoyama Yui's and it shows a (Team A/8) beside her name. @ _ @

6. natsu-kun

natsu-kun Kenkyuusei Wiki48 Admin

Oshimen:
    48 x 404
    Twitter:
    48nefi
    Thanks, this was "the thing" I was looking for~ ;)

7. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    We all know the option is useless after the 12.5th gen graduated anyway. :(

[​IMG]

NEVER FORGET.

8. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    I quite like how Yokoyama Yui has her team after her name. I know it is only because there is another Yui in Team 8, but I think it would be great to implement for all members! :)

9. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Wow, this discussion def moved quickly. Oshi kinda hard to choose if you support AKB48 and N46 so I decided to just do it for both. One avatar and the other oshimen section of profile.

I was undecided between Paruru, Mayuyu, and Naanya but forcing us to make that decision got me thinking more so guess it served it's purpose.

10. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    I'm amazed at how many things people have found to complain about, I think this is an important feature.

One thing I have to say is that if you have 3 members you can't choose between that probably means you don't actually have an oshimen. An oshimen is kind of a sure thing and you don't really realize just how much until you actually find one it seems. It's just kind of a thing that happens to you. There's a bit of a difference between a favourite member and an oshimen sometimes.
    It's not a big deal to not have one, I spent my first year in the fandom without an actual oshimen (though I did kinda consider Sayaka to be mine but eh)

If you have such a problem just choose N/A and put your favourite girls in your signature or something.

the one thing i'm not happy with is the lack of graduated girls but it also kinda makes sense so??? idk it'd be nice to include them

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  11. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48
    My oshimen graduated last year (Mariko) and ever since then I don't feel the same for any other member. Although it's almost been a year I don't feel like there's a successor for my #0.

#1/#2/#3 are fairly close to each other so it's kinda tricky. I'd like to choose grad. members as well, I mean oshimen status doesn't vanish only because they leave the group.

12. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I think I'll avail of this new option. I'm still undecided on what to do next. I thought I'd easily be able to leave AKB after Amina graduate but each time their song happens to play during shuffle I can't help but doubt that decision.

I, beforehand, tried listening to other artist but I can only pick a few song from them and my choice is still dominated by AKB new releases. Maybe, I will stick in the forum since I still can't find a suitable hobby to supplant this one.

BTW, how many members choose their avatar from the gravatar option when Xenforo was implemented. I was quite surprise that avatar stick with my username. [hehe]

13. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    This is what I meant by that. I have an oshi in each group that I support, except for SNH, which I am gaining interest in right now.

14. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Personally I like the implementation of the feature. For one thing, I've already learned new info about a lot of people.

For another, if you don't like it - just pick n/a. It's really that simple.

15. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    The n/a option is currently not available. Initially it was my intention to make that the standard setting for all members, but there's too many who don't visit the site anymore and would end up not having an oshimen setting, so for the moment it's not configured as a mandatory field.

16. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    It would be better if the location was a mandatory field. It's nice to know where other members are living. And it should be a place you could find on a map, and the right place.

17. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Uhhhh no thank you, when I'm comfortable with everyone knowing that, I'll decide.

18. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    I'm sure having the location of where a user resides by force is a decision that might make people feel uncomfortable, violated and above all is not really necessary for other users of the forum or a necessary component of the forum. Is it nice to know where some people are from? Yeah! It's also beneficial to know if someone lives in Japan or another country because they could share some of their valuable experiences with idols and whatnot but to make it mandatory I think is another issue. If people are comfortable with disclosing their location to the internet then that's fine, but I don't feel like it needs to be mandatory, even if some people can dance around it and place fictional places as their location. We want to make the forum a welcoming place, not a place where people have to look over their shoulder and think that when they post people can click a link and pinpoint their location on a map.

If you want to know where a user lives, then I'm sure that can be discussed about privately without having to tell everyone.

19. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    No big deal.

20. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    If you're trying to draw some sort of parallel between the location and the oshimen field then.... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.