1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert The Real 2017 WIP Climax in Korakuen Hall (17/08/29)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 24, 2017.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

I was surprised they did that (Was thinking it was going to be after the Main Event).

But I will say, I'm all for WWE and NJPW doing that before their Main Events.

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Performing Shoot Sign (Pretty much with what would have been the actual centers if it wasn't Kojiharu's last single).

Also nice to see Kaotan, Shimada, Katomina, Noepii, Momoka, Yumoto performing the song they Should have been apart of.

DASU, Chiyori, Shiichan Faction! Looks like this will continue (Season 2?)

4. DX|Takamina

DX|Takamina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    DXTakamina
    oh man, in true WWE style, the announcement for a 2nd season + event xD

5. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    lmao the Dasu-vaders strikes back

6. Tchu

Tchu Kenkyuusei

7. Jurisus_Walks

Jurisus_Walks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Of course. Hollywood Jurina is basically Tanahashi, Okada, Kenny and Naito rolled into one. [hehe]

Anyway, I'm very glad that no one got hurt. There were a fair number of moves/bumps that were quite risky, but they were executed well enough in the end. The members would've practiced a lot for this event, and they all did a good job.

Japan is the home of the world's very best female pro wrestlers. Just take a look at the likes of Io Shirai and Meiko Satomura, along with Asuka and Kairi Sane who killing it in WWE. Though the execution from the members tonight can't truly compare to the real thing, I thought this event was thoroughly entertaining. The matches were generally well structured, the storytelling was good, and there were some nice comedy spots sprinkled on.

8. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I appreciate that Japan is the home of the world's very best female pro wrestlers (indeed some other idol groups such as UpUpGirls are starting involvement with the sport) and I'm guessing that today's event was too well choreographed for anyone to be injured. However at the end of the day I'm into AKB48 for the songs and the singing and for cute idols being cute idols. If wrestling or indeed any other non-musical events are going to take priority over concerts maybe it's time for me to consider moving my fandom to somewhere else after Mayuyu's graduation.

Sorry to sound so negative but having read excellent reports about today's Keyakizaka46 concert with 15,000 people cheering on their idols I really do want to follow an idol group for whom concerts are a priority.

9. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Okay, that was AMAZING. I lowered the standard because I know damn well they wouldn't let any of these girls injured but they blew my mind away like seriously, WWE newbies (those with 0 experience) would NOT be able to put some of those matches in three months training. The thing that makes it really good is how each of their characters shine while still wrestling each other.

After this match, I'm okay for Tofu S2. I mean, Majisuka and their tired yankees antics went until 5th season, why wouldn't tofu? They also get to learn basic stunt acts which will be useful for some of these "actress wannabe" members (if they get into action movies) rather than just making stoic faces.

This kind of event reminds me why I'm still a majorly 48G stan, because these girls showed that they can be anything if they want to and they succeed (props to everyone who agreed to do this and make it out alive). Typical girls would probably afraid that they would break their nail.

• Like Like x 1
  10. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    ^ So you know Tofu had 24 episodes compared to Majisuka which had 12 per season. There's more material with the Road to WIP and all that stuff. Disregard tonight's matches. At the end of Episode 24, it was kinda hinting that there would be a Season 2 because the show left some open ends rather than resolving everything. For the show itself, it was entertaining. Some moments were good so it didn't really bore me out. I thought there were too many tag team matches, but it's because of the cast size.

However, despite all of this I gotta agree with @David61 with the priority. AKB could have had a concert as a big event this month but there's none so I don't know management's priority in all of this. Of course there will be a concert in October but that's kinda overdue and is a different topic in another thread. The girls are idols first, outside work should be less of a priority I should say.

11. TiduShoko

TiduShoko Member

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    TiduAura
    I'm subscribed in Komiharu's mobame and I can say she put a lot of effort to make this event a good one! They were training since March, twice or three times a week... wow
    So I'm happy she won the match!

where can I find the news of second season and new live event??

Photos of Shark Komiyama♥

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  13. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

Interview 1

if the video does not show watch the video here

==========

Showroom

14. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Nakai Rika injured her wrist actually

15. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    On the other hand, I've gained massive respect for all the girls who fought today especially Komi, Sayaya, Megs and Odaeri match.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

16. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

[​IMG]

17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Same. I'm sure all of the girls were sore after it (With it looking like Nakai being the most sore). But my respect for all of them has gone up huge.

Not really anything official. Just Shinpei Nogami there at the end saying "To be continued...?!" after the Daasu Vaders attacked and took belts with them (which was another way of setting up another season or event pretty much). Pretty much I'd be surprised if we don't get a new season (and a The Real 2018 WIP Climax in Korakuen Hall).

and after that, Komiharu now joins Jurina as girls who I want to see become Pro Wrestler after they graduate (Very Impressed by her).

18. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    i missed the last fight but i think the event was great, kinda weird at the beginning but got used to it quickly, everybody did a great job!

19. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

full show

13:00-

20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Also the Showroom