1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Sailor Moon Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by JAKKfromAKB48, Jul 30, 2011.

1. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    Those people are wearing normal clothes. Maybe they could have draped black cloth on everyone and called it a day, but realistically they would have required some kind of costuming that wasn't normal clothing, and that costs more money in not just the costuming, but also make up time, handling, and hiring extras. Most costume shows I can think of stopped having a lot of background characters in the villain lairs, so it's probably just an acceptable practice and understanding at this point.

Also it would be weird if there weren't any people on a street in Tokyo, so you need extras, but there is no preconceived expectation for the Dark Kingdom, so they can get away with not having extras in the background. It wouldn't break immersion or be immediately weird for viewers to not see anyone else around versus an empty street.

I assume other minions are around because that's how it was in past versions, but it might have been nice for new fans to see it. We could probably argue that because Beryl's throne room is small maybe she limits who is allowed in. Perhaps you're only permitted to enter if summoned. Maybe she thinks and wants to have an image that unless you're personally summoned by her, you're not worth her time, and therefore aren't worthy of being in her throne room.

2. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    The hooded youma that appeared later on in the show seemed rather weak and without special powers. I wondered if normal people on the street could have subdued them without help from the Senshi. That would have been real cool :cool:. Maybe they could have added in a segment that showed regular people (extras) fighting against and taking down the weaker hooded youma, until the more powerful youma or shittenou intervened, and the Sailor Senshi then arrive to save the day ;). What do you think :awesome: ?

3. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    The hooded youma are the repurposed Zyuranger/Power Rangers putty outfits right? It would have been hilarious if they had civilians fight them!

4. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

In Anime ( i donĀ“t know it was also manga) That Usagis family get fight also (not only Usagi...) but can we calculate them?

If asking my favos... Luna ! Yeah... it is so cute and... well cat... :) . Anyway, wise cat... it should be because Usagi was begin even more Lazy and... well not Mercury.... If be saing something these Sailor scouts others... some crossover thinks make Kagome from Inuyasha and ... sailor mars at sisters or even twins...
    Although me also try that... hmm... are some one else played or try play SM based games somehow?

5. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Do you think there is any chance of a reboot of the live action series in future, or perhaps a 2nd season ? With an entirely new cast of course, since the actors are too old by now.

6. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    PGSM pretty much killed the IP back in 2004, I don't think they'll touch it again. Right now fandom believes we're getting movies of Dream and Stars instead of sponsored seasons is because S3 bluray and dvd sales weren't as good as S1 and S2, so it's even more unlikely they'll revive a failed product like PGSM.

HOWEVER I WISH THEY WOULD. D:

7. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    ^But other similar shows like Super Sentai and Kamen Rider and other related programs also often have wavering viewership. It almost seems as though there is a conspiracy against PGSM, given that it is such a unique show. Or maybe there was no 2nd season planned at all, it was just rumors, and the special act took place four years after the last episode, which meant no 2nd season in the cards.

Anyway, does Naoko still continue with the SM stories, or did it stop after the Stars arc ? Are there any other authors continuing with the series with new content ? Really interested in knowing what happens after that. They certainly need new villains and allies.

Also, I think it is rather unfair that Nemesis does not have a Senshi of its own. After all, it is still a planet in the SM solar system, despite their past hostility with the other planets. Now that the conflict with Nemesis is over after the Black Moon arc, the real Sailor Nemesis could be awakened :cool::worthy:(or created by the author). The character could be that of a unique Senshi possesing powerful dark energy attacks and highly resistant to dark energy atacks by opponents, and could be called upon to aid the other Senshi against powerful enemies such as Galaxia.

8. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    Wavering viewership didn't cancel Sentai or Kamen Rider. I love PGSM, but like I've said a couple of times now, it did badly (well, not up to what the company wanted anyway) and it was cancelled. :(

Takeuchi wrote an AU side story that's basically if Usagi wasn't queen and had a second child. It's called Parallel Sailor Moon and was part of the materials collection. Otherwise there hasn't been anything else aside from sera myu. The comic was pretty conclusive with the ending, personally I don't think it needs a continuation. Or at least, not of Usagi's story. She becomes Sailor Cosmos, you can't get bigger than that. We're unlikely to ever get any new official content, so this is where we turned to fanworks!

I tend to think of wiseman as the soul of Nemesis, which he was just another version of Chaos. It would probably be fun to explore in fanon though.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  9. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Will the 4th and 5th arc movies be shown in cinemas ? And will they be shown overseas ?

10. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I think they will be in Japan, and maybe we'll get them overseas, too! Currently the sub and Viz dub of R, S, and SS movies are being shown in the Americas this summer!

11. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    For the musicals, apart from the Kaguya Shima series, the Dracul series, and the Ai no Sanctuary musical, are there any other sera myu with original stories not featured in the anime or manga ?

12. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    I'm pretty horrible with sera myu. XD But my favorite subbing group, Sea of Serenity, is devoted to myu and they offer summaries and little guides on their website and tumblr. I highly recommend them! And of course tell me if you like any of the stages!

13. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I highly recommend the Dracul series stages (four in all including one kaiteiban), as they have totally original concepts not found in the anime or manga. One big reason why i enjoy them is because, unlike many people, I'm not a fan of vampires and thus want to see the Sailor Senshi kicking vampire butt :lol:.

Another series I like is the Kaguya Shima stage that also has a totally original storyline and fabulously cool music :cool:.

All in all, the old sera myu have better jokes and storylines than the new ones that resumed in 2013.

My fave SM stage actress (and the best looking one IMO) is Fumina Hara, followed by Miyuki Kanbe.