1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The SNH48 Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by sikanwan, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Re: [NEW GROUP] SNH48 (Shanghai, China)

The 3000yen ticket is to cover AKB48's rent, salaries for employees and overheads of running the business. For years it was a fact that if the theatre was even one floor lower than AKB48 couldn't afford to pay the rent. All those costs in China would be substantially cheaper than in Tokyo (one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in) so that ticket price shouldn't be used for comparisons.

But that's not the point of regional groups. It's idols you can meet, not idols you can listen to. Regional groups are meant to make it easier for people to go to live shows and see the girls. Nagoya is only a couple of hours from Tokyo, but SKE48 gives people in Aichi the chance to have their own group, instead of having to go to Tokyo every time they want to watch a show. Mainland Chinese can't just walk down the street to Taiwan, so it makes sense to put a group on the mainland.

2. Jman.HKojima.fan

Jman.HKojima.fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

AKB48 has another sister group, Great. They'll keeping adding more and more, I'm at the point were I don't care anymore. At first when I became a AKB48 fan not long ago just getting to know AKB48 was hard enough then there was SKE48 then NMB48 to worry about. This is just getting too much although I think I do like JKT48, I'm sure their's a reason all for this. I can't see what it is.
    If anything with all these things happening it keeps things interesting in the AKB world, it's never boring being an AKB48 fan. Just worried with all those singles they will be releasing.$$$

3. sergio_mario

sergio_mario Kenkyuusei

True!! why didn't I think of that, gee! :fp:
    I forgot all these whole 'Idol you can meet' idea! how could I!
    feel so bad now :D

4. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan

Because you find that AKB48 is an idol you can hardly meet :fp:

5. kurizu

kurizu Kenkyuusei

^
    For non-Japanese ..
    that's true. :cry:

6. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Taiwanese is composed of Fukien and Mandarin. Fukien is the dialect in the Fujian province of China.

China has many dialects with Mandarin as the official version by the Chinese government and it's used generally in the upper Northern parts of China though it's officially spoken in all of China.

Cantonese is mainly in the southern parts of China esp. in HK where it's still prevalent.
    Canton is now Guangdong in Southern China.

Since the group will be created in Shanghai, it will most likely adopt Mandarin.

Please don't make personal assumptions that one dialect is better than another as it's purely subjective! [aup]

I knew people from Northern China who don't know and don't care about other dialects other than Mandarin. You see it when you visit HK and notice the Northern Chinese visitors' attitude and have a hard time understanding the local Cantonese people/language.

Some Southern Chinese don't care about Mandarin but is forced upon them by the Chinese government. They begrudgingly learned Mandarin since it's a matter of life, now that HK is part of China.

I'm from HK so I prefer Cantonese.

7. Moy

Moy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

Junjun and Linin double centre.

8. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop

Whoa... China's AKB48 is coming...

9. xKenbe

xKenbe Kenkyuusei

48 family will dominate the world and bring about the apocalypse. They will rule us with their cute dancing and singing.
    I don't mind. :D

10. mayamaya3d

mayamaya3d Kenkyuusei

I listen to AKB songs with both kanji and chinese sub. And it is meaningful to me. But, if they sing the songs with translated version, that will sound weird. They can make a cover of it like what mostly did in the past. I used to listen to Teresa Teng (邓丽君) and many of her songs are cover of Japanese songs and they have meaningful lyrics there. So I don't see any problem with the lyrics unless they hire a lousy talentless lyricist.
    The biggest problem in china entertainment is the hidden rules and piracy like what had been described by extomomi and DivineIdolMayu.
    If you want to know how will the SNH48 work in China, I suggest you to follow the so-called-original version, AK98. [hehe] They are widely known in the 2ch now. [hehe] :drool: And those girls are pretty :^O^: and they have their own version of Bingo [hehe] [rock]

11. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

Well, this is an interesting new development...

Looking forward to NYC48 in the future :^O^:

12. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki

Idem. If that were to happen I would had not problem. :awesome:

I hope they conquer my City

13. YumeNoRui

YumeNoRui Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

I just hope that this 48 project will put more attention to Japan music, I am kinda sick of seeing kpop all over....and people telling me Jpop is already 'out' and why I am not listening to kpop instead. So hopefully once the groups start debuting in shanghai and Taiwan, more people will pay attention to the Japan music
    :cry:

14. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

There is JKT48 in Indonesia.
    There is TPE48 in Taiwan.
    There is SNH48 in Shanghai.
    There is the Singapore AKB48 shop and the Hong Kong shop.
    They've performed in Korea, Macau, USA, France
    They also have Hello Japan in Vietnam.
    And in the Philippines all we got is...
    Kpop.... :asdfgh: ...for Christ sake someone make anything 48 in here. :nothappy:

I just realize how happy President Hu Jintao is with this move. :lol:

Aki-P should be given the China Friendship Award.

15. sergio_mario

sergio_mario Kenkyuusei

:^^;: Of course I wouldn't. I'm an Indonesian, but I used to learn Mandarin for years back then in my country until I finally move overseas. Bet me, I've learned 4 languages apart from my native language so far in my life, and I find Mandarin the second most understandable language I've learned after English. Plus my aunt is from Guangzhou (she speaks both Mandarin and Cantonese), which make it easier for me to learn more. :)
    By the way, I speak Hokkien fluently, which is one of Chinese dialect if you dont know. So, there is no way that I would say one Chinese dialect is better than another. :)

16. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu

If Aki-P didn't know what he was doing, he wouldn't have announced the group. Why do you think the group was announced at the last minute instead of months in advance like TPE48? He wanted to make sure he had it all worked out.

Don't under estimate him, he's a powerful man. If anybody could pull of a Chinese expansion it's him.

And I wouldn't worry about Chinese girls not being up to par either. Linlin and Junjun did great with Morning Musume.

And lets not forget that we've seen this before with Morning Musume's official Chinese sister group Icecream Musume. Hopefully Aki-P can take a look at them and see what they did right and wrong to help guide his management.

I only wished he has helped get JKT48 off the ground a bit more first before creating SNH48.

17. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15

There is nothing 48 in the US. I was hoping for some sort of store somewhere but then I came to realize that that would be a bad business move. And I really hope they don't make some sort of USA48.

I guess I might find some sort of 48 group in the Philippines more tolerable than the other overseas groups. I wonder if it would be under huge scrutiny since most of the population are Catholics.

18. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand

(。-_-。) too many girls... *sigh*

let's see how this will turn out...

19. cikociko

cikociko Kenkyuusei

I know JKT's official made some "mistakes" few days ago. but I dont think it's a big problem [think]
    as I can see.. "JKT48 school" became a trending topic worldwide on twitter :hehe:
    and Indonesian 48 fans become bigger and bigger nowadays.

eventho Kpop still waving

sorry for a bit oot :cute:

20. Whassup

Whassup Kenkyuusei

IMO all these overseas sister groups are actually targeted back at the Japanese fanbase, mostly because I think Japanese people are fascinated by foreign stuff, and Aki-P is capitalising on this by introducing foreigners into the franchise. I don't recalling seeing much about local JKT events in Indonesia (or maybe it's just that I don't check their news), but they went to all the AKB concerts in Japan such as Kouhaku, RH2012, SSA, and more to come.