The song "Rider" A tribute to a lost AKB48 fan

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Tatami Mats, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Heiwa

Heiwa Kenkyuusei

^awww... that's sad U.U I don't wanna lose a friend.

rest in peace...

2. chcltmoney3

chcltmoney3 Kenkyuusei

Honestly, I thought the song was about something else. I've never read the translated lyrics till now and gosh, my thoughts about the song were completely different.

Rest in peace Rider.

3. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    So I was randomly listening to music and Rider came up. Honestly, this song brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it, because of the story behind it. So I figured I'd bump this thread so all the fans who have joined since can read about it, so the memory of Rider-san continues to live on.

4. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

^ Nice. =)

I bet he'd be proud to see how far AKB's come today.

5. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

I already knew about this but... gosh, the song & story always ~gets me. I already cry super easily so, yeah, whenever I hear this song I cry. It's so sweet. & definitely differentiates AKB from other idol/pop acts.

6. stryder

stryder Kenkyuusei

i've always like this song rider....but i didnt know it was dedicated to an AKB fan.....made me cry when i read the lyrics :(

Rest in Peace Rider

7. rafaelaboy80

rafaelaboy80 Kenkyuusei

Never really liked the song but after finding out the meaning to the lyrics it made me appericate the song more, still really sad though

8. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    I agree. While with AKB48's current level of popularity it's impossible for any of the members to recognize any fan as well as they did Rider because of the sheer numbers, but it's so great to see that the group AKB48 as a whole is still dedicated to their fans. They can't dedicate a whole song anymore, but every now and I then I hear stories of how an AKB48 member recognized a fan by name after a few handshakes or something similar. It's just so good to know that in today's materialistic world where most decisions are driven by money in mind (pop groups included) one group still cares about its fans. It's what makes them so likable; it's like an evolution of Rider.

And now I want to go listen to that song again. Time to pop my A3 DVD back into my PS3. <3

9. cabowabobobbo

cabowabobobbo Kenkyuusei

that was very touching,,i had no idea about this. i notice akimoto-san writes about real life events that happen around the group

10. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

I, too, was not aware that this song was dedicated to a fan as I joined the AKB48 fandom almost 3 years after he died. It is very nice to know that they dedicated a song to a very dedicated fan.
    Thanks for bumping the thread Mr. Waffles.

Rest In Peace Rider. I know that you would've been very proud of the girls and their accomplishments.

11. Freaky

Freaky Kenkyuusei

thats for sharing that, i didnt even realise that the song was based around someone, this gives me a whole new look on the song.

RIP

12. miyuki

miyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    Gosh, I don't know what to say except that's such a sad and touching story.
    AKB is so much for the fans <3

R.I.P. Rider-san.

13. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

RIP, Rider-san T_T

This song really grew on me recently and now knowing its worth... T_T

14. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

It's so hard to find singers who will care about their fan's health......

To be honest, sometimes I think fandom shouldn't be spread to wide n too thin, since all that closeness between a tight-knitted group becomes dispersed and fans/idols eventually become distanced. However, Rider's story jus overthrew that particular opinion of mine.

Rider, may u rest in peace, and know that the girls respect u and honoured u with something really special. T_T

15. sho91745

sho91745 Kenkyuusei

Rest in peace Rider-San, I wish i would have met you in your lifetime, but i know you were a great fan.
    and does anyone have a link to the song? i can't happen to find it any where

16. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

^[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXQMLPhZ35c[/yt]

I love this song so much. RIP RAIDAA-san!

You can get the mp3 if you download A3 album :D

17. phantom

phantom Kenkyuusei

I had no idea that AKB did something like this. That's a really amazing story though.
    R.I.P. Rider-san

18. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

The story is really touching, I wish I would have met Rider-San during his lifetime :\

19. sayayumina

sayayumina Kenkyuusei

knowing how AKB didn't really have a huge fanbase back then dedicating a song to an original wota, it sure is touching to know that AKB do care for their fans. The lyrics and the whole story is touching :( though I may be late in posting this as I am only new to this forum I would like to offer my condolences, I bet he'd be one pretty ecstatic wota if he knew that AKB dedicated a song to him - R.I.P ! on a brighter song AKB should write another song addressed to their fans :inlove:

20. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz