1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 Help & Troubleshooting Thread

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Aug 10, 2012.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Good day.
    After some problems with my computer, I have to reset my account password.
    However after doing the pw reset procedure I did not get the émail with the reset instructions. I did it several time now and still no email. I checked my spam box and there's nothing from S48admins in it.
    So I can not Log in my account at the moment.
    Fortunatly Tapatalk still works but it's not the most confortable way.
    How can this be solved ?

Thanks.

Edit: I suspect this might be linked to the email notifications that was stopped.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  2. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    May I ask. My posts have been deleted because the pictures I put in them are too big. I put the pictures inside spoilers in order to not force anybody to see the pictures.
    Can somebody explain what exactly is the problem with that?
    Thank you.

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    It's in the rules why putting large images inside spoilers is not allowed.

"Thumbnail images or gifs larger than 750 (width) x 750 pixels (height) – Large images stretch the page unnecessarily. Please thumbnail them, especially if you have series of pictures such as those from scans. This is not a hard and fast rule, but if a staff member believes your images are too large we will ask you to resize them. Spoiler tags are not a valid workaround, as the images are still loaded regardless of whether users click the spoiler tags or not. "

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-official-stage48-rules.13331/

4. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

How do I 'Like' a post? Or give a rating? Can it only be done on a post that has replied to one of my own? Or one that I reply to?

5. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    You use tapatalk. Mere mortals can't give likes using the standard interface. If you use tapatalk, you can like any post, whether you reply to it or not and whether it is a reply to you or not.

6. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    LOL

Shouldn't it be in the the rules, that this feature is enabled only for staff, if I'm not mistaken?

7. porkchopgroove

porkchopgroove Kenkyuusei

why does there seem to be no way to close an account here? seems highly irregular. if this is the case i wont ever be accessing this site again

8. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    FYI, it is not customary for us to "erase" accounts from existence on this forum. There are a few reasons for this. Depending on the user history, it could cause major issues on the forum (as I learned firsthand a couple years ago). Also, erasing all of a users post can cause continuity issues on the threads. If you don't want to use the forum any more, then simply walk away. I don't understand why it needs to be more complicated than that.

If you like, I can ban your account, that way it can no longer access the forum. But that's the best I can do.

9. Killer Queen

Killer Queen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Why is the oshimen list incomplete? I can't find Ma Chia-Ling. I tried to find her japanized name and her original name but to no avail.

10. Gwen

Gwen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Twitter:
    newgen48
    I lost a big part of my signature I was in vacation for only 3 days and when I came everything after the part of my signature vanished after the : «short hair lover » I don't have it anywhere else and don't know it by hearth is there a reason or there was a bug?

11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    It is full. No space to add any more names to it.

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Why does my likes keep dropping all of sudden? Is it something having to do with Xenforo or something else (I haven't seen my post count drop so I don't think it was you guys deleting posts)?

Was wondering that since I've lost over 41 likes in the last two days.

13. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    is there an option to block someone instead of just the ignore option??

14. saekokuga874

saekokuga874 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    I don't know where to put my question so I'm asking for help on this thread.

Mods, how do I delete my account? I don't see any options for this in the settings.

15. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Accounts cannot be deleted. There are a few reasons for this, not the least of which is that in some cases it can cause entire sections of the forum to disappear. Plus, it can mess up thread continuity.

You can always just abandon your account, which is what most people do when they leave the forum. I CAN ban your account if you really want me to. However, your account will not disappear. It will just be unusable. So think hard about that. There might be a time in the future where you would want to use it again.

16. saekokuga874

saekokuga874 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    I understand and thanks for getting back to me so quick :) I'll think about it and reply after I've made a decision.

17. saekokuga874

saekokuga874 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    @Cristafari I have decided for a request to BAN my account. Please and thanks.

18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    @Cristafari
    Just curious. What is the difference? My guess: If you abandon your account, people could still start (or continue) conversations with you. If you are banned, they can't converse with you and you can't converse with them. Are there other differences (assuming you never want to post again)?

19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @sscrla That's pretty much it. I mean your username will show it was banned, so whatever potential negative connotation that implies. People may wonder what you did to get banned.

But if that's what the user wants, I can do that.

20. onego123

onego123 Member

Sometimes I see the term "summon mods" whenever a thread is getting out of hand. How does someone summon you guys?