1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Now I see why people love Game of Thrones. This show is awesome, started the 2nd season.

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

3. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    George R. R. Martin needs to hurry and get back to writing the last Game of Throne books. Don't want the old man pulling a "Robert Jordan", and dieing before he finishes the book series. :gavel::gavel::gavel:

4. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

Did someone said Game of Thrones? I'm totally invading this discussion :p

The show is pretty good, but the books are better, as usual haha There's more time for development, side stories etc. The whole world gets richer. But I have to agree with @rka that Martin got a little bit lost in the recent books. There are just too many things going on at the same time, it appears that he lost a little bit of control. But I still trust him, especially considering all the prophecies and mysteries (That can still be solved, this isn't "Lost') in the book.

Also, I feel bad for all the people hurrying him. He has a extremely complex novel in his hands that demans a lot of time to be written. It's not his fault that HBO was hasty and started the series before time. And he has a great health after all. Arya, Daenerys, Tyrion and all the rest wouldn't exist if wasn't for him, so let the guy have his time :^^;:

And ok, that was nerdy.

Edit: And posting this because I love this video haha

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  5. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

^ You're Welcome :p.

I probably will read the books eventually (plus the comics for The Walking Dead) since I watch that show as well.

6. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Ah, Sean Bean. Will he ever get to play a character who doesn't do that thing his characters usually do?
    He may have bucked the trend with Silent Hill: Revelation. However, since that film was absolute poop, it probably doesn't count.

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Everything @rka and @brunoiaz said lol

But that "fuck you" video... I mean, it is weird and a bit inhuman to have people thinking "Hey, you gonna die before you finish this?", but at the same time... he's old and he's, to say it blatantly, fat. Those two adjectives are not a very good combination in anyone's life (and I know because my family has some history there).

I don't feel any hurry to read the next ones. To be honest, if he's going to fill in with such crap like the 5th one (like everything rka said in his post, which got me like WTF WHY WOULD YOU EVEN START WITH THIS, thank god they recycle characters in the show), I'd rather see how everything ends on TV, since they already know how everything goes down.

There are many books to read out there. At least my goodreads to-read list is getting longer and longer everyday. :^^;:

And speaking of books! I just backed this on Kickstarter! I'm not religious, but somehow the idea got to me and I've always wanted to read it, tbh, even if it's just for the mythology of it (Aronofsky's Noah also trigged something in me lol).

8. brunoiaz

brunoiaz Kenkyuusei

Nice project (By the way, I should check Kickstarted more often. There are a bunch of nice things there and it's a good place to do purchases haha).

I'm not religious too, but I'm curious to read the whole book (I read some parts here and there out of curiousity. There are some interesting parts and some are kind of...odd haha). It would be interesting if they release the Quran too.

It's strange how most of the people interested on reading the Bible (And religious books overall) are not religious :^^;: From 100 religious people I know, being very optimistic, one read the whole Bible. Where I live pretty much everyone is catholic and pretty much everyone has no idea what catholics do or think, it's annoying sometimes :glare:

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Same here. The fact that they made it "readable" and that they used modern English really made me curious.
    I read some of it with a "Bible for the young" or something like that when I was... 9? 10? lol

I also started reading this and it was nice for the artwork, but the language lost me.
    And The Lord banished Adam and Eve from Eden and Adam and Eve were banished from Eden by The Lord.
    Everything was "X did this to Y and Y was done that by X" all the damn book!!! :XD:

So let's hope they've fixed that in this Bibliotheca. Like the guy says in the video, the biblical literature should be enjoyed just like any other literature. Who knows? Maybe I'll read it and think it as good as American Gods. :^^;:

10. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Soon, soon... :drool:

11. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    ^ The Hobbit
    //I'll just wait for people uploading in torrent :fear: //
    Because even if the movie get screened over here, it would be censored... So, it's better to watch torrent version rather than cinema at here... The movie that might be uncensored (or little censor) is just Frozen (28 November 2013)

I hope the upcoming movie Detective Conan: Dimensional Sniper (14 August 2014) would not be censored... The poster contains approval number of Film Censorship Board (LPF / Lembaga Penapisan Filem) and the number have a "LULUS" (passed censorship) at the end...
    [​IMG]
    Source image: Golden Screen Cinema Movies (GSC Movies) Official Facebook

I'll find some ways to go to the nearest cinema 160km away from my university (the GSC Gurney Plaza, 4th cinema mentioned in poster)... There are two ways, either by riding motorbike (borrowing other people motorbike since first semester students aren't allowed to bring their motorbike into campus) which is unsafe (3 hours journey, cheap) or by public transport which is safer (5½hours journey, expensive)

Going by motorbike, it will only cost me petrol for 160km (320km overall), Penang bridge toll fare, and the movie ticket because normal highway won't charge motorbikes any money...
    Going by public transport, it will cost me:
    - Taxi from university to train station
    - Train fare from Arau to Butterworth
    - Ferry fare from Penang mainland (Butterworth) to Penang island
    - Bus fare from ferry terminal (Penang island) to Gurney Plaza
    - Movie ticket
    - Free if sleep beside road, else hotel will cost me too

12. Andi Ilham

Andi Ilham Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui02
    Twitter:
    darkshinescales
  13. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

The skill of this guy is incredible...:awesome:

14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Quit my day job managing a warehouse for a local charity, so I could focus on my private business while having more time off. :approve:

That was a month ago. Now, I have less time off working one job, then when I was working two jobs. :fp: :fp: :fp:

Result: I have 4 pages of Unread Watched Threads :blink:, HKT48's Concert Tour Blu-Rays >(, the Grand Shuffle :gavel:, and a crap-ton of variety shows and theater performances :yikes:. Back-logged and no time to go through them all. :wall::rant::wall:

Can I get some clones of me made? NOW.... Please? :|

15. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Hello all,

I'm sure most of you won't know me or recognize the name but I think a select few of you will ;-)

Looks like the forum has grown a lot and it looks good. I'll post some pictures soon but just wanted to check in and say hi.

I look forward to your replies. Hope to reconnect with some of you. It's been over 5 years! Maybe longer...

16. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    By the way...why does my name say Kenkyusei???

It should read 200 MVP!

17. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Hey Tatami! Long time no see/talk/anything. Look forward to catching up!

18. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Hey there, a familiar face :)
    How are things going here? 31 shows! You are creeping up aren't you

19. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yes, and you were there for my first one! Although I have been on a show cold streak lately. Haven't won one for quite a while. But that's ok. These days when I come out it is mainly for Wasamin's solo release events.

Lots of people around here, but I think you can count on one hand the people who were here when you were active. The fandom is an entirely different place from pre-2010. Youko is around occasionally, as well as Waffle and Gideon.

I assume you are still in Tokyo? I thought I saw you on a train a couple of years ago. But I wasn't sure, and you(?) seemed preoccupied so I didn't say anything

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

AKB48 theater shows: About 225

:eek::worthy:

Does this mean you have reconnected with AKB? Or simply wanted to say hi? lol
    I see your last message was back in 2010. :/