1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Feels like that Yonezu Kenshi is the best Jpop artist of last few years

His latest single, Kick Back, ranked 25th on Oricon annual chart, highest among non idol artists. This is the best one because he sells his CDs without gimmicks unlike idols

On digital charts, he's one of the most popular artists beside Official Hige Dandism, Yoasobi, & Ado. On Spotify, Kick Back has been played over 100 million times. This is outstanding because this single was just released 2 months ago

2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Happy New Year everybody.

• Like Like x 4
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Fireworks live in Tokyo

[This live stream recording is not available]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  4. LVMINESCENT

LVMINESCENT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabuki nako
    Twitter:
    BElDOUGAMING
    Cheers to another year everyone!!!! :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    After performing at Kouhaku, singer Aimer announced her marriage to Masahiro Tobinai, a composer who has worked with her since her debut, including her hit song Zankyosanka

Congrats:chuffed:

6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    English-language Japanese YouTube channel The Japan Reporter has today posted a video 'Why Japanese Idols Can't Date' (with input from Japanese fans and an idol group producer):

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  7. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "Four-time Grand Slam champion Naomi Osaka announced Wednesday that she is pregnant and will miss the entire 2023 tennis season."

Another Japanese sports star on the way!
    Congratulations to the parents!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Hoshmachi Suisei from Hololive, first vtuber featured on The First Take:
    if the video does not show watch the video here

9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The BBC's long-time Japan correspondent Rupert Wingfield-Hayes who is leaving his post has written a 'long read' about modern Japan which IMO is well worth reading (if you ignore his brief but disparaging comment about J-pop):

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-63830490

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The New York Times has a story about using AI to create idols and how South Korea is a leader in the field.

In a vast studio outside Seoul, technicians huddled in front of monitors, watching cartoon K-pop singers — at least one of whom had a tail — dance in front of a psychedelic backdrop. A woman with fairy wings fluttered by.

Everyone onscreen was real, sort of. The singers had human counterparts in the studio, isolated in cubicles, with headsets on their faces and joysticks in both hands. Immersed in a virtual world, they were competing to become part of (hopefully) the next big Korean girl band.
    Kakao Entertainment — an arm of Kakao, South Korea’s do-everything tech company — is billing Mave, its artificial band in progress, as the first K-pop group created entirely within the metaverse, using machine learning, deep fake, face swap and full 3-D production technology. To give them global appeal, the company wants the “girls” of Mave to eventually be able to converse in, say, Portuguese with a Brazilian fan and Mandarin with someone in Taiwan, fluently and convincingly.

The idea, said Kang Sung-ku, a technical director for the project, is that once such virtual beings can simulate meaningful conversations, “no real human will ever be lonely.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/29/business/metaverse-k-pop-south-korea.html

I posted the YT video of MAVE's debut appearance on the tv program Show! MusicCore in the Hallyu thread.

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/hallyu-news-releases.7663/page-223#post-1784046

11. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Sapporo Snow Festival aka Yuki Matsuri, the biggest annual event in Hokkaido, returns after 2 years hiatus due to the pandemic
    PicsArt_02-04-01.41.42.jpg

12. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Just a post dump before another patrol in war-torn winter.

This is what I thought of each and every 46/48, with exception of Chinese/Taiwan(I never intended to delve in) and SEA's(I'm done with my part helping one of it grow, aware that those fandom eventually got rotten today), written in February 2023.

48G
    AKB48:
    People say AKB is the entry gateway of new fans before they stayed in other 48G. I'm not big on those mindset, since those new fans will instead be introduced to other AKB girls too by this forum resident. lol.
    With that said, I'm glad with 48G breaking out. That more than half decade practice of one million sales by exploiting entire 48G in handshake event is gone. 400k, last I check? They'll live.
    But it's up to usual stage forum resident whether to take matters into their hands as fans, or remain a toxic bystander commentator.
    The choice is theirs. I already made mine with only one remaining AKB girl to care about.

NMB48:
    There was a period when they only has 4 gen and YNN streaming service was recently started and I binge watched it. Cozy pastimes.
    That's why I have no surprise when 3-4 years later, NMB benefit the most new fans, even after 48G breakout. They are already self-sufficient in term of entertainment content production, afterall.
    The only surprise here is I identified some of those NMB new fans as former AKB puritan. lol. Well, I'm already a hermit anyway. With limited time and massive backlog to read and watch. Let alone chat.

HKT48:
    I have to praise the mature HKT community first. Ever since she graduated, I was oshiless. Yet, many actually recommended me some names to oshi with. Among them, hjr suggestion stuck with me. Unfortunately, I'm unable to pay that debt spending my time supporting one girl he suggested. Hopefully I'm not too late.

NGT48:
    Two things I can openly disclose, is how distracted I am from rewatching (insert my oshi name) content back, for a long time. And how I have to pick those to chat with from now on.
    Well, It's been years. I can send a Javelin once my duty is over, if some people still have childish ageless vendetta. lol.

STU48:
    Heard some nasty stuff during my absence on forum, I think I'm glad it hidden well here. Since Stage tend to get muddy once a snowballs rolling.
    Some of Mario link are still working, so I can get back to it later on.
    Is our SKE fans turned one of STU team captain still there? I kinda forget I used to laugh with her antic back then.

SKE48:
    Saved my favorite for last.
    ZEST continue to be a blessing, as long as fans keep an eye on them. SKE kept its amount of member slim, which is great thanks to pandemic and how I'm done with 48G philosophy of quantity over quality. (Just look at how many 48G graduating members as much as Russia retiring their tanks.)
    They may not have done much, but that's me not catching up(or updating) with their move today. I'm certain I will have major backlog again when I'm returned. Can't wait.

Sakamichi
    Nogizaka:
    I remember how Kanjo first pulled me in. 2016. The second 46 hour live iirc. Doing live chat, twitter voting, and all. Was a blast with Kanjo himself an awesome dude that you think he has nothing to hate on the group and love them as a whole.
    These mindset rubs on me, and well, only ppl close to me know who I(or Kanjo) often bash on the group. The rest of stage forum often think of me as Nogi fans. Not false. Except that I got interested too late when Nogi's already a big name with years of history. I spent 3 months only to learn the big event. I'll never be able to backtrack it all.
    So for years, I'm more of a bystander fans(focused more on 48G). Thinking of the Nogi as paragon of how idol group shold be ideally managed and hoping it always be. I'm aware of some violent turbulence inside it's fandom. But overall, it's pretty normal in any idol fandom.

Hinatazaka:
    I rushed to the 3rd group, because I closely followed it's founding, chatted a lot with fellow fans(whom later dragged into rift among what was formerly 1 fandom into 2) at the time among several discussion board. Quite a time I had.
    I won't touch the rift issue. Time should have been better lecturer than me on those. What I'm gonna say is, there was a time I livewatched Sakamichi Sunday weekly and hunted Hinata special content when they released single/album. Part of it my curiosity, part of it my responsibility to take care of all Keya kiddo's. Say what you want, but I intend to restart that habit, when I return safely.

Sakurazaka:
    I said above about when I was pulled into Nogi and how it was full of history to backtrack. However, it was months later, when Sony debuted their 2nd idol group. "Easier route!", I thought of. And so I decided following Torizaka instead because its simply fresher. Unaware that being fans, you better be committed in long run. Through up, down, and it's sinkhole thorough.
    It was a great time. No amount of paragraph can explain it. Still remember SaiMajo location talk, Neru hype, the talk when Fukyouwaon was rumored to be filmed abroad, their first drama, etc.
    Yet, suffice to say, I had conflict with several of us fellow fans on how the group progress. Passionate, I say, until I noticed some were "If you're not(one opinion) with us, you are against us" type of person.
    Well, it exploded later on.
    TooMuchIdea, one of respected Saku fans I followed with for updates, often cited that S&F are to be blamed for those fallout. Until now, it remains her only opinion I strongly disagreed with.
    Cuz jokingly, mistreatment-wise, the worst S&F management pale in comparison to AKS(of 48G) management of old days. lol.

I was planning to vent it all out as per purpose of this thread. Ended up editing some of those critics as I written the post. Oh well, good things I easily forget those negative emotion.

Peace out. Back to reality.

13. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I found an Instagram reel about Akihabara, the video used Yoasobi's Yoru ni Kakeru as the background song

Maybe you all as wots would wish the video used Heavy Rotation or Koisuru Fortune Cookie as you still associate Akihabara with AKB48 but yeah, time has changed

14. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I miss twitter's fail whale...

15. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  16. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    https://www.tokyokinky.com/fringe-anti-nhk-politician-girls-48-party-idols/
    The NHK Party, a fringe people whose aim is to “protect” the Japanese population again the titular public broadcaster, has gone through its umpteenth name change, now becoming the Seijika Joshi 48 To, or the Politician Girls 48 Party.

No prizes for guessing, the name (abbreviated to SJJ48) is a cheeky reference to AKB48, and yes, the candidates are all female.

Note our neutral vocabulary — though the party itself has used joshi, or “girl,” meaning the wannabe lawmakers are very young woman (and apparently that’s the only thing we need to know about them).

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  17. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've been following this with interest for two reasons - firstly former HKT48 member Yamamoto Mao was in the party but as I've mentioned in her thread she's recently decided to leave it.

My second reason is connected with one of the leading members, Natsume Aki, a former idol who made a recovery from cervical cancer a few years ago (she's written a book about her illness). She's the person who appears in the front right of the members in the linked pages posted above by @Mimikkyu and she has her own profile page here. The reason for my interest in her is quite simple - we follow each other in Twitter! Her Twitter account is at https://twitter.com/Ak148usagi and here's the proof :):

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 22.53.50.jpg

However this mutual following isn't something that only started recently! It happened about 6 or 7 years ago while she was still an idol and I gave her a 'like' for her tweets about her pet hamster [hehe]. She's come a long way since then and I wish her all the best in her political career.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  18. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    That's the same party who had a diet member (Higashitani Yoshikazu.) who never ever showed up and got booted.
    Reason he never showed up? He had fled to Dubai after being accused of fraud.

19. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Some very worrying and upsetting news about a death threat sent to singer and gravure model Shinozaki Ai:
    https://encount.press/archives/432623/

Via Deepl Translate:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Agree Agree x 1