1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Stage48 Rules 2019

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Cristafari, Jun 26, 2019.

1. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    So MVs on Streamable are no longer accepted at Stage48 from now on, but what about bonus content previews? Is that still OK alongside the CMs/concert previews/announcements that you said are exempt?

2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

They sure are buddy

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Nothing an a currently active AKB member would do* should be against the rules. As long as it's properly labelled and put in a spoiler.

* As work. Photos of "scandals" may not be acceptable. The Tsuji Nozomi case comes to mind as a particularly obvious example.

@ryandtw
    Yeah, I don't see why not.

4. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    About the media embed thingy...
    Screenshot_20190722-082953.jpg
    It says here that we can link a Facebook video but it won't accept it

5. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    @kanjo
    Thanks for looking into alternatives. I had a quick look around for other options too but all the sites I find are more like file-sharing alternatives for videos.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Mirlenia

Mirlenia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Thank you for sharing the rules! I might to learn more about them. On gravure the content is adult in many countries. Greetings

7. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Coincidentally, while Stage48's new rules are implemented, especially on the revised stance on downloads, piracy, and online videos - has SMEJ started to stop geoblocking on at least new videos?

8. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    @ryandtw Seems so. I've noticed SMEJ aren't geoblocking other artists as well.

9. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Just curious so we can't say the N word lol?

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  10. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

11. Boma Adhi

Boma Adhi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    松井珠理奈、小田えりな、茂木忍、瀧野由美子、森保まどか
    Sometimes, especially if we are uploading images via mobile, it's difficult to check for the image size. Why can't the forum engine automatically resize or automatically use only the thumbnails instead of attaching the full image? Or at least warn the uploader that the uploaded image is larger than a certain size. It shouldn't be very difficult to implement such a check.

• Like Like x 1
  12. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Not that I have worked with XenForo so there might be a plugin or its framework might make adding such feature very easily, but as a programmer I absolutely hate this kind of comment.

Android Gallery shows the image resolution if you click on Detail. iOS has the Information button that also shows image resolution. Windows shows them in the properties dialog. OSX shows them in Get Info. Linux usually also have them in properties dialogue too. Unless I am missing something obvious here, I don't really see any problem?

• Like Like x 4
  13. Boma Adhi

Boma Adhi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Well.. I don't know the exact version of the XenForo which is currently in use, but for 1.x, there are few 3rd party plugins for that. And for 2.0 and beyond, it's part of the main engine. No programming required.

C'mon, it's 2019. You take picture of an event with a camera or download a nice picture of your idol from a certain website, head to the forum, click upload. It should be convenient instead of having to check the size of the images, and resize it using 3rd party software (my phone doesnt have built in image resizer).

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    C'mon, it's 2019 and your phone doesn't have that functionality?... I would say it must be very easy to add that feature to your phone's OS.....

see what I did there? :D

but, I once wrote a post here on how to fix the thumbnail size in Tapatalk, it's not that difficult

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@Boma Adhi

It doesn't matter how big the photo is on your phone, you can upload it as a thumbnail. Click on "upload a file", find your photo and upload it, then select thumbnail, and it will appear as a thumbnail and won't break the rules. No need for resizing etc.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Boma Adhi

Boma Adhi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    My point is, if the forum can provide more convenience for the user, why not?

I see.. But, can it be the default? Like when the images are beyond the limit, it should defaults to thumbnails.

17. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I don't even know if you want to do thumbnail embed (of which there is no default anyway --- you have to select full image or thumbnail), or want auto resize (which I strongly disagree on the base that in many case a lot of people will want original file).

When I don't really care, I just do all thumbnails. When I care, I check the file resolution first.

• Like Like x 2
  18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Other method for phone only.

1) take photo
    2) share using email
    3) send email to yourself (chose size in MB here)
    4) download and save image from email
    5) post image from either images or downloads (I think this depends on phone)

Using medium size, all my images end up being 640 x ????

"my phone doesnt have built in image resizer"

As you can see, it does have a built in image resizer that takes two steps: email yourself, save image. I don't two steps is too many for an image resizer.

P.S. this same resizer works on a full size computer, not just on a phone.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  19. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Two things regarding this issue...

The photo size rule is not only about aesthetics. There is also a file size issue at play here. The forum is continually running into bandwidth issues, and uploaded content is definitely a factor.

As always, this boils down to people not wanting to take an extra 30-45 seconds to do what they would like to do in five seconds. So forgive me for not being too sympathetic. You should always be sizing down your photos for websites. I can resize a dozen photos for my blog in less than five minutes. What I'm saying is that it's good practice anyway, and it helps alleviate load issues on pages with heavy content.

• Like Like x 2
  20. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I wondered about that in the past, as the amount of data of all the images in the forum must be rather substantial.
    The size rule doesn't really address this as, as @innosu said, lots of people, like myself, will upload full size images and insert the thumbnail in the post.
    (I'll only have to edit screenshots then, as those tend to exceed the upload limit)
    Thumbnailing does help with bandwidth when people are just browsing the forum though

I suspect an external image service would be preferable from the forum's/mods' point of view ... but those can suddenly change their policies (I'm looking at you flickr) or go out of business