1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Stage48 Rules 2019

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Cristafari, Jun 26, 2019.

1. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I don't think that's allowed here.

2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Is Instagram live and such requests allowed? As long as it doesn't resemble purchaseable material (e.g. 'selfie' videos) then I think it's fine?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I remember when I only recently had registered as a member here and innocently informed about that when some else brought that up ..... and got rapped on my fingers immediately by a pretty irate mod :blink:
    Since then I live in eternal fear of upsetting the mods here :shocku:

just too make it absolutely clear .... I was just kidding, the mods are doing a good job at herding the cats on this forum, imho :D
    (please don't hit me)

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    It's still a user/uploader defined setting.

userdefinedsetting.jpg

6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Still? Was there always a setting for that? I'm sure I used to have the option to download my uploads and now it's gone (because for some reason that's unchecked). Still as long as it is unchecked streamable should be okay for posting here... except that's a pain for the moderators to check.

7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Yes, for the last two years or so that I have been using the platform. Before that, would have to ask Streamable support team to confirm. But that's too much effort for a moot point.

If users want to post their streamables here, sign in and uncheck that box. Simple enough.

8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    What about time-sensitive news updates? Editing doesn't resend alerts and there's a lot of threads to check individually, so I know I've missed a few things because of this rule.

9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    That's a tough call to make. Your analysis is correct: edits don't send alerts. If it is important, someone else might post so that you can respond. Otherwise, you have to choose.

The reason for the rule as I understand it is to prevent spam; in the extreme someone could add a new two word post every 10 minutes.

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Let me begin by saying that the reason this rule, like most other rules does not have any exceptions is because it is my experience that once we start putting exceptions on rules then those exceptions get misinterpreted, plus it invites more requests for exceptions. Pretty soon all the rules become nebulous, and difficult to enforce.

Now to be perfectly honest, if someone posts something, and a short time later a very big story breaks, I would probably look the other way. But that's my own judgement call. And even that is subject to interpretation because what is the definition of an important AND time-sensitive story or news item? I have seen people on this forum use those terms quite liberally. Moreover, in many cases it is about the person wanting "credit" for breaking the story on this forum, when in reality somebody else will probably post the item a short time later...

At the end of the day, I will say what I usually say, and that is "Use your own good judgement." Yes, I might make exceptions in certain cases, but they would need to be truly important AND time-sensitive.

• Like Like x 1
  11. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    Bringing this here cuz I'm not satisfied. Like this video for example, does it still fall in the realms of stuff that cant be posted here. I know for a fact that eveything related to them is automatically copyrighted by sony music and region blocked for Japan when uploaded. But the fact that they dont take them down means they're not that strict about it

12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I don't see anything ambiguous about this:
    https://www.keyakizaka46.com/s/k46o/discography/SRBL-1874?ima=0000
    https://www.keyakizaka46.com/s/k46o/discography/SRBL-1876?ima=0000
    https://www.keyakizaka46.com/s/k46o/discography/SRXL-220?ima=0000
    https://www.keyakizaka46.com/s/k46o/discography/SRXL-222?ima=0000

Read the words again.

""View Only" videos (YouTube, Daily Motion, etc.) are okay as long as they are not of purchasable DVD/CD/BluRay content."

Sony, take down, and blocked are not in that sentence. However, the word purchasable is. If you want to purchase it, you can. That makes it purchasable.

13. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    imho that's flawed reasoning....
    for instance, here in the Netherlands we have mobile speed cameras which are mostly deployed on stretches of roads that have a high number of accidents, speeding will almost automatically result in a fine.
    Sometimes after a while they shift focus to other roads and you can get away with speeding on that stretch of road.
    The fact that they are not monitoring that stretch actively anymore doesn't mean they are not that strict about it.
    (just try and overtake a patrol car on that road with 100kph if you are only allowed 80kph)

with your logic we should allow all links, as, when they are really strict about it, they will take it down themselves eventually

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I don't think that's how Youtube works, I'm pretty sure it works with audio/video detection, if you've ever uploaded a video on Youtube, you'll know that some videos that are copyrighted are blocked right when you upload them. For some videos they can stay up a few days and then get blocked, and rarely some videos get blocked after a long time... If a video is there for weeks or months and isn't blocked then I'm pretty sure the management is ok with it being there, and if they block it, it will be whenever they feel like it. if they block other content right away then nothing stops them from blocking these videos right away too... Youtube is really strict with copyrights anyway so if a video survives there, I don't think it's wrong to post it on forums, and especially, I don't think stage48 would ever be taken responsible for things that are uploaded on another site (Youtube) so there isn't a reason to be too strict or scared of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    1. you are making the assumption that YT algorithms are infallible
    2. you both conclude that if purchasable content remains undetected on a website for a certain period of time, it is therefore deemed ok to be there by the copyright holder
    I think you are wrong on both counts, but in the end the only thing that matters is that 'purchasable content' is the line in the sand.

16. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I get your reasoning but technically, if you follow that rule strictly in the way that it is phrased, that would make official music videos prohibited. They are view only videos of content that is part of a purchasable DVD (the one that comes with the single CD).

I assume that the reason for this rule is because you don't want the forum to be taken down for sharing illegally obtained/shared material and that is fair, but I'd rather worry about direct file shares. Youtube and Dailymotion should be safe websites to link to, especially because someone could be new to the fandom and not know that the material is DVD material. I realise not knowing something doesn't save them from committing a crime, but it's one thing to rip a DVD and upload it to Youtube (which you should know is illegal) and another thing to see a Youtube video pop up on your feed and share it on a forum.

PS: I'm also not sure why LOD clips are fine – don't you technically have to pay to watch stage performances? Showroom, instagram livestreams and Vlives make sense but I'm confused about this rule.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Oh look, more people looking for loopholes in the filesharing rules.

Would you like me to make the rules more strict?

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm not a child, I don't really appreciate being talked to like one. If you want to make rules stricter out of spite/annoyance with forum users, go ahead, but I hope you're aware what kind of vibe that creates.

And not more strict, but more clear. It could be easily made clear by adding "except if coming from an official source, such as the official AKB48 Youtube channel" or something along those lines. And the bit about LODs was a genuine question.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Lately when posting videos I usually take care to state that it's from an official source as I did with the video of 'First Rabbit' from the Asian Song Festival on Saturday - but even that's now been taken down, presumably Vernalossom were unhappy. :(

EDIT - video restored but goodness knows why it was deleted by the channel owner...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    They event organizers made the mistake of saying AKB had 48 members. They got roasted in the comments, along with AKB being praised for being different from the kpop acts. (Probably a more technical reason, but this one I am running with [hehe])