1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Virtual Theater Project

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Theatre' started by virtualtheaterproject, Jan 30, 2019.

1. virtualtheaterproject

virtualtheaterproject Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hello dear Stage48 members,

Finally I could register here / or finally log in. :) Ok, did not try it for 6 month or so, but you did repair something, right? I hope this topic is in the right place here. It is a bit long, sorry and I Hope you can see the Pictures.

So let’s start. I am form Germany and I worked over the last 2 years on a hobby project concerning AKB48. And this Project is not connected to a girl. Yes that is possible ;-). It is connected to the AKB48 Theater itself.

First the short Version: I am building a Virtual Reality representation of the AKB48 Theater. It contains the public areas only and the Akihabara DonQuijote building itself. (Facad) The Project is not a Game. It’s a place. I want to add some interactivity, like opening doors later. It is a jump back in time. It is the theater in the beginning. We have Tables, chairs and the Cafe is open again. And only picture frames for one team. (I added to many pink stripes, I know. I understood the meaning later. )

In case I cant embed the Pictures properly here: Here you find some pictures.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/WH3AchUeQgHCs1vm9
    https://de-de.facebook.com/TheaterManager
    (I do not use Facebook much)

Prototype3.jpg
    Theater_Innen_2006_03122017_M.jpg

Why I did this, is a longer story. And it is connected to my job in simulation and 3D: The Start was as 2 years ago. A customer requested a 3D Rendering / Layout of my Company’s Machines inside his old building. As our machines can be big our customer had concerns our products would not fit inside his old buildings. Reason: Lots of evil pillars ;-)

At the same time I experimented with VR Tech in the company. So I made a VR Layout for this Customer, too. It helped a lot and you could see how the pillars blocked the machine operator’s view. The result was nice, impressive and I helped a lot.

A bit later, a Japanese Friend asked me, if I still go to Akihabara on my Japan trips? My answer was yes, even if am a bit older now, I still like to see what crazy new stuff and tech is available and have a hot plate of GoGo Curry.

His next question was, if I ever went to AKB48? My answer was no, really not interested in it. I did not even know the theater was in the Donki, I always assumed it was under the Yamanote-sen… ;-)
    But I watched later that day, on YouTube some AKB videos. It was nice, cute, and I saw really great Videos. But still, I was no fan. 2 Weeks later YouTube made an interesting and unexpected recommendation: It was kind of an AKB48 History video. In that Video, Shinoda San was the guide, she showed the 2 pillars inside the theater… “Those are a famous problem” she said…

…and my reaction was: “Wohhh”. Same problem here! Pillars again. This is interesting. And kind of stupid, too. I want to see that problem in VR, too!”
    No time wasted. I just started building a prototype, by simply using photos I found on google as a base. First, I just made roughly 2 pillars, some seats and a rough stage. You could understand the problem now… but I was not satisfied. So I made a simple wall. And after the wall I made more and more…. And so on. And the Virtual Theater Project was born… Short VTP

So that’s what I wanted to share with you.

And I am stuck now a bit. I was sick and work is too much, too. Bu still I want to continue. So I will have some historical questions concerning the theater for you here. I will post those questions later. And I really hope you can help me on those. For now, I wanted to show you what I was working on.
    AkibaDonkiAdvertising_Test_N.jpg VTP_Unity_29012019_A.jpg
    VTP_Unity_29012019_D.jpg
    Some more information:

As for now I do not use any real names and logos in the Project, but it should be obvious what it is. However I made for private use a test with some real photos in the picture frames. I am not a company; this was not made to make money. After it is finished, its goanna be a present for the fans.

You cannot download the Project at the moment. There is still work to do. Ah, and there are no restricted areas in the project. Only what you can access. 2 years ago, as I started, I did not know much about AKB48. No names of girls, no timeline of Songs and how the system worked. Of course I know now more about the group. And maybe I am fan now… kind of. On Facebook is a page for the project, but I never used it that much… honestly I am not the Facebook type. But I reserved the spot. You will find some pictures there, too.

AkibaDonkiAdvertising_Test_P.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. virtualtheaterproject

virtualtheaterproject Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hello again,

As mentioned earlier, I need your help or In Short: I need the help of a person that knows the Akihabara Theater of the Year 2005 / 2006. I want to recreate the theater of the opening day / times in VR. The base Theater is ready and works in VR. So this is about information.

Question:

1: What type, of pictures of the girls, where first used on the wall. The blue uniforms or the white uniforms? And in what order form left to the right did they place the frames (names of girls)?

2: In old Videos you could see, they used normal chairs in the theater at first, too. Was it only Chairs at first? Where those only for the press in the back rows? Was this only for the opening day? Did they add the benches later?

3: Does anyone have pictures of those days, in good quality? I could use those to make more / better details.
    (I already used google of course)

4: Do you know a person on the forum that could help me with information, or point me in a direction?

I think more questions will come, if we find a person that could help me… or if anyone finds this thread here.

So help is welcome, Thanks and Greetings from cold Germany.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LynnLee

LynnLee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Wow! this is sooooo cool! I'm kinda mad that im only know finding out about this!
    I can't answer all your questions, and maybe you already find your answers since this is gonna be a year old but the first pictures they used were exactly this ones
    [​IMG]
    And here are some pictures of the early theater, this are from a 2005-2008 akb guide [​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files: