TV / Radio The Yodogawa Catch Ball Club

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by zeroshiki, Nov 20, 2017.

1. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    DPDDeyDUQAEOk0s.jpg-large.jpeg

Just announced on twitter. The YNN drama this year is NOT by YNN but its by Osaka Channel.

Its called The Yodogawa Catch Ball Club. It stars Jo, Airi and Chihhi with support from Europa Planning who are the same theater company they worked with for Akuma no Houkago, Nu-san and Saten Girl in the past years.

The series is about 3 HS students who thought playing catch was fun so they created their own club to play with each other. They do this by the Yodogawa River in Osaka, hence the name, and while they do so, they run into various characters along the way.

There are bonus scenes at the end of the episode of the members actually playing catch, apparently. No idea why they needed to announce that part.

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

It isn't wrestling idols level of stupid, but this is still quite stupid.

Still, happy for Jo!

3. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    The difference is that the point of this is to be stupid. The pro wrestling one, they expected us to take it seriously.

4. Fani Chairani

Fani Chairani Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I want to watch this!

But... can't find the download link.

5. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I watched it. It's only 10 minutes so it's pretty fast.

It follows 3 girls struggling to find their way in life: Jo(Rie) plays games all day, Airi(Sayuri) is a failed Youtuber, and Chihhi(Hiroko) can't even get a part time job.

At the arcade this dude challenges them to do a pitching challenge. 100 yen to play, 10000 if you hit all 9, -1000 if you get less than 9. Jo flubs the first pitch and gets mad and they start fighting.

They start lying down next to the river and find a ball and start playing catch before some old dude is like "You call that catch?"
    Overall it's a pretty fast and shallow drama. It's kind of interesting because I find the theme of being millennial NEETs something I can empathize with, but you know it's just a bunch of silliness so there's not really much depth to it.

Also at the end of the first episode there's a mini baseball special and Sayaka shows up and plays catch with former Hanshin Tigers player and current commentator Hiyama Shinjiro.

6. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

7. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Episode 2 was much better. Had some legit warota moments because the old dudes under the bridge were really funny.

Chihhi seems to keep smiling at things so she's kind of awkward but other than that I think it succeeds in just being stupid funny.

8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  9. Fani Chairani

Fani Chairani Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
  10. joooooooooe

Twitter: