1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Tofu Pro Wrestling (2017/01/21 - 2017/07/01)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2016.

1. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

The main match of the episode, Takayanagi vs. Furuhata, was better than I expected. On one fighting scene they did 10 elbows and on the next one 17 elbows on the row, which must be a new record. :) After all those elbows I didn't expect much, but the end part of the match was pretty nice actually. Churi showed us several nice moves and even Furuhata had a chance to win. In the previous episode Suda lost too easily, but this time it really looked like Furuhata had nothing left in the end.

Yumoto vs. Katomina match didn't get much screentime, only two short (but good) clips. In the ep15 preview we saw a clip of this match, that wasn't shown in the episode. SO, THEY HAD MORE, BUT THEY DIDN'T SHOW IT!! They could have f.ex. made the background story one minute shorter and included more Yumoto vs. Katomina in the episode, but they didn't. Well, this was third time actually, when we see something in the preview, that doesn't happen in the actual episode, so nothing new here...

Royal Rumble next week after tournament round 1 is a nice surprise and I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  2. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I want more Katomina vs Yuami. More as in a whole episode dedicated to them. Churi vs Nao was good, but Katomina vs Yuami has the potential to be really great. I don't mind if Yuami go all the way... actually, I want Yuami to go all the way :D

3. dobod

dobod Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
  4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Over the Top (Episode 5)

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    • I hope we see more of Voice Yamada girl is the best character in Tofu Prowres lol very unique and fun
    • RIP Katomina, she got eliminated in a blink of an eye lol
    • They really setting Momoka as the big antagonist eh? lol

6. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Kaotan and Daasu were watching the latest episode together on Showroom.
    [​IMG]

A couple of weeks ago also Renacchi, Yuria, Yui and Mion were watching ep14 on Showroom.
    [​IMG]

7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Over the Top (Episode 6)

8. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Episode 17
    http://48videodouga.net/index.php?poste=4403

So If Ami and Miru get added into the Battle Royale, then they are officialy having the longest Battle Royale ever lol.

Anyways, I like that they gave time for both matches (Miru vs. Sakura and Momoka vs. Ami).

Momoka continuing her destruction (As we saw Ami trying to figure out how to stop her, At least it wasn't a squash as she was able to get some offense in and almost was able to hit her finisher until Momoka reversed and hit hers twice on Ami.

That suquesne between Sakura and Miru (toward the end of the match) was awesome. You can see that she grew as a wrestler there. This also proves that even when she is in a neck brace, Miru can somehow make it look sexy lol.

Next Week's Episode looks awesome. Yuria vs. Shimada in a hardcore match from the looks of it as me see Tables, Ladders, and Chairs (Oh My!) Same for Churi/Yuihan II (As going from the google translation of next week's episode (http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/tofu-prowrestling/story/0018/). So it should be intresting to see how that plays out (We know this match will last longer then :10 seconds lol)

Anyways I'm guessing Yuihan wins so they set up the Junior vs. Senior matchup (Sakura vs. Yuihan).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2017
  9. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Over the Top (Episode 7)

10. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    There goes my kamioshi... Both of my oshis are out of the tournament, and Churi out of WIP altogether... I'll keep watching for the sake of knowing the ending, I've gone this far.

11. ShaiHH

ShaiHH Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    So I found subs for ep.11 earlier, has 10 been released yet anywhere?

12. spineyrequiem

spineyrequiem Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Not to my knowledge, Dobod hasn't sent me anything yet.

13. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    • Oh man Momoka is just a load of fun! Her fight against Shimada will be very very awesome to see
    • The hardcore fight is so :banana::banana::banana: too bad we only see glimpses of it. I'm glad that Yurina loses, as it clear that Shimada is stronger and more experienced
    • So Churi loves the Manager dude? It's also nice to see that Yuihan unconsciously is trying to lose so she can still do pro wres. I like the little touch of the parrot saying "Nice fight"

14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

15. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I genuinely doubt that is the case with Churi. If she was in that position, she'd be like Nao in episode 16. It's more like a teacher-student relationship. She was influenced by the creepy CEO dude and whatever he tells her, she takes on board and uses it to improve in her wrestling. Especially when he says to her "Prowresu name na." which she quotes in episode 10, when she beats Yui the first time and throughout the latter flashbacks in episode 18. And I think she does hate wrestling because in episode 10, near the end of the episode she openly expresses her hatred for pro wrestling, I quote her, "I hate pro wrestling" and that says something. If she continued within WIP, what would that give her? She clearly expressed her hatred for it.... 8 episodes ago, what benefit would that give someone who hates the sport, if you can call it that.

A comment on the whole Yui/Churi chemistry thing: "Yui and Churi had more chemistry in one fight than Yui has had with her husbando for the past couple of episodes" and I get why this is the case. Heck, they're a year and 9 days apart in age, they debuted around 6 months apart (and hey, Yuihan did audition for 2nd Gen SKE and yeah didn't make it.) and well, even though they aren't alike at all, they both have some things in common, especially being natural born leaders. Both are also Sagittarius, too. xD

DASDttlVYAAl-89.jpg

And I put it on my instagram, but... Do you guys think, those who have watched since the beginning, think Nao and Churi maybe Katomina and Noe, were here for plot convenience? Oo

16. ShaiHH

ShaiHH Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Okay thank you, patiently waiting then. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. ^^

17. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Oooh that's right, she did say something like that. Thank you for clearing it

Also yeah, i do think they are nothing more but background characters. At this point the characters with problem to solve / goal to reach are the still on going participants.

18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Over the Top (Episode 8)

19. Dubkau

Dubkau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I don't know about you guys but this is my favorite akb drama so far.

Jurina:cute:

20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane