1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Tofu Pro Wrestling (2017/01/21 - 2017/07/01)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2016.

1. akbdaisuki48

akbdaisuki48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Matsui Jurina /ske48 (松井珠理奈) and Miyawaki Sakura akb48/ HKT48 (宮脇咲良) Jurisaku react to tofu pro wrestling (豆腐プロレス) episode #23 in showroom with kind of english subtitle lol
    Youtube :

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Daily motion

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Episode 24 (Final)
    http://48videodouga.net/index.php?poste=4735

Episode 24 + Whole Series Thoughts
    Somehow I knew there were going to have the exact time of Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada at Wrestle Kingdom 11 lol (46:45). But I was kind of surprised Jurina won tbh, I was thinking Sakura was going to win. But I got no problem with that, with all of the shit that Jurina went through this series, She deserves to be on top. Also interesting way to end it (with the new girls led by Shiichan it looks like).

Overall I loved this series, I think this was the best series they have done since Majisuka Gakuen 1 and 2 (even though the ending to that was a Anti climactic). While Sakura and Jurina were the starts of this show, alot of the episodes weren't about them (Especially during the tournament) as we got to know about the other girls in WIP. If we get a season 2, I hope they continue to do that (even for girls we didn't get to see like Katomina, Yumoto, and even Nakai). They gave some good character development to alot of the girls (like Sakura, Jurina, Shimada, Kaori, Mion, Yuihan, Yuria).

I'm hoping like hell we get a Season 2. It does kind of leave the door open for it. I mean you got some good storylines for it

- Sakura's quest to beat Jurina
    - Haruppi returning (I hope)
    - The New Girls

Here is hoping :).

4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Over the Top (Episode 14) (Final)

Looks like next week will began Road to WIP Climax.

5. extrariced

extrariced Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Anyone who has copy of the soft subs?

6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Recently I watched this drama! Back when this drama was announced, I didn't really know what to think since I know nothing about wrestling. I did like the cast, and it has many of my favorite members, but I never watched it (honestly I thought that it never got subbed LOL). So now I finally decided to watch it, and surprisingly, I found this drama very good! I wonder why there aren't more people who watched it or liked it (this is the impression that I got), I read this whole thread after watching and it seems like the interest wasn't so big around the second half of the drama, though it might be the lack of subs at that time. I hope that more people can watch this drama! More (long) opinions under spoiler!

The first part of the storyline (first 8-10 episodes) about Sakura and the reason why she starts wrestling, it really reminded me of a manga! The way the story was made, the little background music (I liked this music haha), how her dad passed away and the background story, how she made her 6-members team, the different personnalities of every girl and their training, this was really fun to watch! I love the friendship between Sakura and Mion, both of them are so cute! I liked the part when they had an argument, when Mion wanted to stop wrestling, and then when they made up, that scene was so cute and touching ;w; Sakura really suits this role, with her very short hair, she really looked like a normal high school girl. I like this natural look for her, it makes her really cute and pretty in a simple way! For the team, I was surprised that there is Renacchi, I love her so this was great, and her character is suitable with her looks! Mion is very cute. Yuihan gives a feeling of being strong. Yuria totally suits the "fighter" role. I really liked that part where she left after they discussed having their own clothes, but then she returned the next day with her mom and with clothes for the girls, it was unexpected and really sweet ;w; Lastly Nao, I guess she is kinda like Renacchi, but I do think that if they gave a different role to Nao, something more cool/strong, she could have played it well. I liked her friendship with Yuria!

Now for the other story with Jurina and her injury, and the girls who are already wrestling, they were cool. I feel that the boss kinda disliked Jurina (he is weird in general), or maybe he tried to push her to her limits? Like he did things against her... But maybe it wasn't totally against her. He told Haruu about Jurina's leg so she attacked it, but maybe it was to make Jurina realize that she needs to get surgery/treatment instead of continuing wrestling... also how he separated Jurina and Haruppi, this part made me sad since I really liked their pair and friendship ;_; Mirurun had the bad role here (and in the drama in general), I have to say she does suit the bad/mean girl role, she's good at it LOL

For the first fights between Sakura's team VS Shirogane Gym members, I thought that maybe one of them could win, but it turns out that they all lost. But well, this was expected considering they barely had time to learn, and this was necessary for the story!

Now the second part of the storyline with the competition 6 months later, it was very cool and intense o_o I knew that Sakura, Yuihan and Yuria would be the stronger ones in Kinshicho Dojo. The matches were all cool and we got to learn and see more about the girls! I was surprised that Mion left Kinshicho Dojo to join Haruu's team, and her change in looks. This was definitely entertaining LOL though I liked Sakura and Mion's friendship so it was a bit sad when they had their match, but interesting to understand why Mion did this. The Jurina VS Momoka match was really good and Momoka was so cool :O I love that she had some kind of special power where she could imitate moves and see the future. I didn't expect to see Jurina lose but it made sense to give her a more interesting story after (besides she was back from a surgery etc. so it made sense that she would lose at least once), I like that they didn't make it too predictable. Haruu VS Kaotan was great, Haruu is really so cool in this, she's really good for wrestling! I like that it ended in a positive way for their team! Yuria VS Suda, the revenge of Yuria, it was nice. but I also liked Suda because of her story of how she changed and tried her best with fans, this was a very nice and touching story ;w; Yuihan VS Yamada was funny with Yui's long speech and beating Yamada with one move LOL. Yumoto VS Katomina, I wish I saw more of them, I really liked their acrobatic moves, it was so cool and satisfying to watch! Both of them did great in this drama! The other matches and 2nd round matches were good too!

I knew that Jurina would be back, and I really like how they did it with the 8 "losers" doing a survival for one to return. and then Jurina also fighting against that international wrestler, this was really cool! The semifinals were great with Yuihan VS Sakura, and it's funny because I only noticed here that Yui's husband is played by the same actor who plays Sakura's father, because of Sakura saying something about them being alike LOL. it was a touching match and nice to have a bit of a conclusion to Sakura's regrets with her father. The Haruu VS Jurina match was so cool too with Yamada's letter, I found it really touching! and the match was great. and finally the finale! I had doubts about who will win but I did think Jurina will probably win, and she did. it was a great match and a good conclusion to the series! it made sense for Jurina to win after everything she went through: being the strongest, having an injury and then a break, losing in the competition, returning in the competition through a survival, fighting against the international wrestler to prove her loyalty... and it also made sense for Sakura to lose, for someone who learned only 6 months before, she made huge improvements and became already one of the strongest, but it would be too early and too easy to win already, she still needs motivation to get better. So it was a good ending (I wish it had another season LOL).

I tried to think of the parallel between idols and wrestling, and though they didn't make it as obvious as in Cabasuka Gakuen, but they still did a lot of references to how it's similar to being idol, the part with Suda and her fans, everything about hardwork, teamwork, never giving up etc. it's similar with idols. I'm glad that they did this drama (and glad that no one was injured too!)

So overall I really enjoyed this drama, it was fun and entertaining, and I recommend it! All the girls did great, Sakura was really cute and good in the lead role (this is one of my favorite roles for her), Jurina was so cool and perfect for her role (she likes wrestling for real LOL), and I think girls like Haruu and Kaotan and Momoka really shined in this, I loved their roles!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

For anyone who wants to watch this drama with english subtitles,
    go here to find a link with the sub files for all the episodes! Enjoy!
    https://twitter.com/Babananot/status/1066628279564677120

I think these 2 songs and music videos should be in this thread...

Back when Shoot Sign was released, I didn't think much of this song honestly. But after watching the drama, I started to love this song! I love the opening of the drama, it was very cool. and it was nice that Kojiharu did a cameo in the drama as well! ;D The music video of Shoot Sign is related with the drama too, with all the cast being on Sakura's side. Sakura looks good and did well, and Kojiharu looks so pretty although it's obvious she wasn't the one fighting (of course haha) while for Sakura it was really her. Seeing this video and the old gens there, it makes me wonder what if more members participated in the drama... I don't expect everyone to learn wrestling of course but I think Sayanee with her cool image would have done great!

Give Up wa Shinai, this song is for this drama! I already liked this song before. Seeing the music video now when knowing the drama and characters, it's really cool. This feels like it's the future of the story since the girls look a bit more mature (and Sakura's hair being longer). Even though they didn't fight but it's really nice to see, it feels like a bit of a continuation >.< I love this and they all look really good, especially Sakura with a slightly different style *-* and Jurina is cool as usual! Everyone who watched the drama should see this video after. <3

• Like Like x 1