1. We have new admins and are making big plans for 2019 and beyond. Please read the state of the forum here and support if you can!

Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by ひめか, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Conjyak

Conjyak Kenkyuusei

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

I don't even care if member donated or not.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. hiraganatwice

hiraganatwice Kenkyuusei

This thread died

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. JPSolitude

JPSolitude Kenkyuusei

This is a good sign to me. People could just post a bunch of unpopular opinions for the sake of keeping the thread going. But of course people aren’t. It shows that people are being honest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. jinxedbomb

jinxedbomb Kenkyuusei

1. From the time releases of Barrette to Influencer, Synchronicity and Kaerimichi wa Toomarwari Shitaku Naru included, this was a pretty good run for what makes Nogizaka, Nogizaka of 1st gen + Hori Miona and a few of the 2nd gen. The story lines, concepts and aesthetics were great minus the summer filler singles aka Natsu no Free & Easy, Hadashi de Summer and Taiyou Knock. I excluded Girls' Rule for a reason - with Shiraishi as the center, it's very self-evident that she'd completely dominate the group with her presence, e.g. Rev.from DVL and Hashimoto Kanna. Thankfully we've steered clear from that possibly overkill route. I did enjoy the b-sides though, like Sakanatachi no Love Song, Mukuchi na Lion, etc. But it's time for a new fresh start.

Now that a good chunk of first generation members graduated, Nogizaka is definitely undergoing an awkward period of experimentation or will stick with filler "mature" songs. It's inevitable that Nogizaka will become stagnant because the majority of the original members who shaped Nogizaka are gone but there in spirit. And management don't know how to give more promotion of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th gens instead of relying on 1st gen. Management went from 1st gen as priority, shafting 2nd gen in the early days for finding stable ground with using the "Nishino Nanase is fragile" push. Skipped right over 2nd gen and brought 3rd gen in, pushed a few cute/pretty girls and 1-2 years later the 4th gen sit on top of 3rd gen. Now they have the Sakamichi trainees stacked on top of 4th Gen who were barely introduced - it's all done in a rush.

Nogizaka's brand of the pretty/shy girl image is already put on a pedestal and stuck to the GP but there's definitely an issue for the amount of a Nogizaka member's sudden exposure or push and to bring in new fans that would want to continue supporting the group in the future. Sure, you can have a bunch of pretty faces in the group and all that but it really comes down to the likability of that idol's personality/character & what they're trying to sell you as well. But the problem with this group is that it's like joining in the middle of an already established project and getting assigned with major tasks to maintain that standard but it's impossible because you don't function in the same way as the previous person, you don't even have the time or opportunity to promote yourself. Then you get replaced by someone else already by the time you realize that you can't fulfill that role.

Once Shiraishi/Ikuta/1st gen graduates, the group's growth will slow down and fall from there unless they establish a stable ground for members who can actually become the bridge to a new chapter of Nogizaka46. They're right there: the 2nd gens and 3rd gens. Guess what the management decided to do instead. :rolleyes:

edited due to incoherent mess, tldr; Nogizaka's 1st gen presence greatly overshadowed the group's future, they set the bar high that imo none of the generations after that can keep up. NogiDoko/Nogichuu was mainly focused on 1st gen and failed to promote 2nd gen+, big flaw for group's future. Exposure of new members' "characters" is greatly needed, emphasized for fans to stay interested/support in the long run.

2. Every single that Saito Asuka solo centered doesn't match her or clicks instantly for me. Hadashi de Summer, Jikoshuu de Ikou, Sing Out, these are all filler songs. Every time someone centers a song, I can immediately get a sense of that person's "image" or the influence from it but not for Asuka. Management give Asuka better and darker songs, 24th single could have literally been an Asuka-centered song. :fp:

edited:
    3. Eto Misa, Ito Marika, and Saito Yuuri definitely had potential to become huger than where they're at right now. tbf this goes for a good majority of the 1st gen/2nd gen overall. Too bad there was little time to promote all of them, only a small percent of the members ever get the spotlight or airdropped. :|

s/n: People keep saying Yamashita is a fisher or calculative - I honestly don't see anything like that from her. Where did this come from?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. gish0046

gish0046 Kenkyuusei

One issue I've noticed is that as the first gen get older, they start being more focused on outside work and less on Nogi.
    Which is fine and understandable, but the problem is that they are still there hogging the fukujin/senbatsu spots and usually being the main focus in variety.
    The newer gens are still in their shadow so it puts them at a disadvantage and makes it a lot harder for them achieve what 1st gen achieved.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I kind of wish the older 1st gen members would just hurry up and graduate already.
    Not that I dislike but I would rather see 3rd and 4th gen members, who are still mostly focused entirely on Nogi and who are hungry to succeed, get the spotlight rather than 1st gen members who are just kind of coasting until they eventually graduate.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. Seditious85

Seditious85 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Twitter:
    seditious46
    I think it's only fair for the 1st gen to reap the benefits of their efforts.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. JPSolitude

JPSolitude Kenkyuusei

I predict that Nogizaka46 has a good 5-10 years left before they begin to fade away similar to what is happening to AKB now. As soon as the key members of Nogi graduate, the decline of the group will start.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. silver247

silver247 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    I totally agree with this.

IMO 1 of factors that 3rd gen - 4th gen currently lack is segment for getting know more about them and let them create solid and distinctive character in Nogichuu (like early era in Nogidoko). Nogichuu nowadays standard is pretty drop from the standard they've made in 2015-2017, they keep using gameshow and repeat ideas that already used (and not successful in every case).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

The hard part of variety is not everything is guaranteed golden jackpot. Sometimes a repeated ideas comes with viewer expectation bar related with past episode, which are either bound to be overlapped or not. "Overlapped" create an even higher bar for future episode(and future gen) if rehashed, and "Not" creates illusion that those new gen are.....not up to par with their senpai.

Lose-lose scenario.

11. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Yamashita took 2 dramas in a row, get sick, then hiatus from Nogi. She's 3rd gen.
    If 3rd and 4th gen take the spotlight and become popular, outside job will come to them. So, does they should graduate too for that reason?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Conjyak

Conjyak Kenkyuusei

Or if you like variety and understand the above, then it's a win-win scenario :). If it "overlaps," you're happy you've seen a greater and better sequel to the older version. If it doesn't, you're still happy that they brought back a good idea (a good idea and episode is still a good episode even if it doesn't exceed an older episode's quality) or are trying out new ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jinxedbomb

jinxedbomb Kenkyuusei

Yeah, I agree - when you have episodes with quizzes containing questions from Nogidoko (primarily content from 1st gen) on Nogichuu, that's not good. Of course, they're entertaining but it doesn't focus on the present which is showing more of the 2nd gen's+ sides. 2018 had a lot of physical interactions between members in their jerseys, it would be nice to have that type of content again. I'm mixed on what's happened in 2019 with 4th gen's explosion of promotion, the 2nd gen gets shafted yet again because management wants to play favoritism instead of getting them the promotion that they needed from the start, stuck with the middle child syndrome. Then 3rd gen presence suddenly disappeared from the moment the 4th gen came. :fp: I'd love to see the newer gens debate on skydiving, pranks, episodes that focus on "interesting" members and battles with meals again.

It's true, not every group can always stay on the top when you have a graduation system and rely on certain members with the star quality tbh. Unless Nogizaka manages to have someone on the level of Shiraishi/Ikuta in there, I doubt they can still be on the top after the next few years.

Honestly, there really is a difference between joining the group at the beginning (little to no recognition) versus later on. I'm pretty attached to the 1st gen since they did so many things at the start from the bottom like promoting themselves to the public, which the later gens unfortunately won't get to experience because they're well-known + treated better now. I'm fully aware that it's the reason why I can't get into the newer gens as easily compared to the 1st gen OGs.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. towiti

towiti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    akimotomanatsu
    Hogging? I thought the sentiment is that they are the ones who keep the boat afloat.

Well they tried this with Nogiten really, but I don't think it was very successful. But if they pushed it too far, we could have had ended up with a new group entirely lol (Hiragana Oshi, am I right)? So yeah, either way, I wonder if it's good for Nogi.

Okay, I think I can sense a sort of frustration in many of the recent posts here; among many of us, we seem to share the idea that the group is in a kind of slump. It's understandable. When 1st gens AKB were graduating the group stagnated and still is even now. Nogizaka 1st gens are graduating and the group is stagnating. We saw this, and we wanna stop it. Hence we come up with ideas, try to spice things up. Sticking with 1st gen and we are doom like AKB, etc., right?

Well I think management knows this, and they are also struggling to find a way to expand groups at this critical point too. Right now I think they are trying to go international. AKB is making new sister groups which kinda fails as of now, but for Nogizaka it could be something else.

Hopefully one day I can watch Nogi's show on my local cable network.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Seditious85

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Twitter:
    seditious46
    Stagnating how? As far as I can tell, Nogizaka46 is still on the rise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. baymon

baymon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Single sales this year does not top any of last year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

It can be said still on the rise because the competitor has their own problem.

For idol tier, Nogi still remain on tier 1, tied with AKB/Keya. But mistake on handling this Nogi regeneration(There's another 1kisei graduation btw), we're talking gradual decline that eventually come for every established idol group before.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Seditious85

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Twitter:
    seditious46
    True, but single sales aren't the only indication of a group's position, especially when it comes to idol groups, who's activities are broader than just releasing music.

To be honest, I can't back up my statement with hard numbers, but I follow the group every day and I feel like their exposure is ever growing.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteCola

SteCola Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Nogi has obviously reached its peak, they're at the top of their popularity currently, and it started since 2017 that momentum where they're at their peak.

It's not about sales, cause if you look at them AKB is still doing strong and even better than 46 groups, but of course AKB's popularity has declined since their peak years adn the group isn't as strong and popular as Sakamichi series nowadays. Every single artist/group has a moment where is at his peak and it's a normal thing. You can't pretend them getting bigger and bigger like forever.

It's really hard that they're going to rise and getting new peaks with all these top members graduation.
    You can already look at this by this year. As long as Nogi is still slaying in 2019 and they're still the top idol group of Japan, their momentum doesn't seem as big as they were 2017 and 2018. But its' pretty normal.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  20. vshav

vshav Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    This might spark long-winding debate, but I'll just ask here anyway.

Do you guys think any other sakamichi group can overtop what Nogi has been able to achieve? If yes, in what sense?