1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by ひめか, Apr 17, 2019.

1. exmaknae

exmaknae Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Maiyan, Kakki, Juri
    I think it's normal with the graduations and with Maiyan's graduation, Nogi is having regeneration now.
    That's why she finally decided to graduate because she believe 3ki & 4ki are ready and will continue the baton.
    Well, they can't always depend with senpai.
    Nogi's future still bright. Just give them time.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  2. silver247

silver247 Kenkyuusei

Nope, IMO It's after ikoma + nanase grad.

I've mentioned about these options somewhere in this thread, I think it's better to give them more time we'll see that they are real or not when they stay in the group for 4-5 years.

Indeed but it's hard as if finding a needle in the vast sea to have them together in same group. The 1st gen members (especially the fukujin) have very strong and distinctive personality and I can't find any member in other gen have very strong personality like those 3 (they sure have some strong members but yet reach to that level).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I definitely agree that Ikoma and Nanase's departure is the beginning of the decline - some fantastic coupling tracks aside, they haven't put out a good single since Kaerimichi almost two years ago, and their departures really started a domino effect of graduation announcements. It was one after another for a while, especially with 1st gens.

I also don't think it helps that those graduations came right after they hit an absolute peak with Influencer and - especially - Synchronicity which has sort of, rightly or wrongly, become a bit of a quality benchmark when new songs come out.

We've all heard/read the words "It's not as good as Synchronicity" more than once, right?

That said, I absolutely love 3rd and 4th gen. And to say that they lack charisma is just. . . fahking nonsense.

4. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Speaking of unpopular opinions, I don't like Synchronicity. And I think Jikochuu de Ikou is the best A-side since 2018.

5. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Another unpopular opinion about the song, Sing Out is just as good as Synchronicity to me, both in my top 5 Nogi songs

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  6. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I like Synchronicity but its not my favorite. Not in my top 5 A-Sides, possibly not even my top 10.

Unpopular opinion: I wish more 1st and 2nd gens would graduate to make room for more 3rd and 4th gens (not Asuka though).

• Like Like x 2
  7. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Imo it's impossible to find a 'replacement' to any of the 1st gen because they will always be considered the gold standard of the group. There will never ever be another Erika. There is no other member like Reika. Heck, I would even say there won't be another Noujo or Seirarin. The more you look at what traits those graduates have especially prominent ones, the more you will be left disappointed and feel something is lacking with the younger members.

Those 3rd and 4th gen have charisma. Chemistry can develop over time. Not all of them are equal. They are all different. 4 and 2 years with the group respectively and only 8-9 members out of 23 (now 28) getting most of the exposure. Give them more time. There are hidden personalities out there yet to be discovered. Plus with the senpai-kouhai culture, these younger members will always hold themselves back for their senior no matter what.

Any new group will struggle no matter who the members are that's why we give credit to those seniors for establishing the foundation their kouhai can now build further. If it's the other way around, petty sure the same will be said. It's just that those senpais came first.

Well, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion' thread, so . . . :v:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Airen

Airen Kenkyuusei

I think 2nd Gen deserves more opportunities than 3rd Gen. Chima should retain her position in senbatsu, preferably at the front

9. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Deserves more??? In what way , Kindly elaborate

10. PUNKSTER

PUNKSTER Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mai Shiraishi, Ikuta Erika
    Well since this is about sharing opnions might as well i have a go at it

I’ll most likely stop watching or supporting Nogizaka46 once all the 1st gen leave as i feel im getting “too old” as the newer gens are really young girls

Yes. asuka, hoshino, wada, higuchi are born in 1998. But that’s the most i can go in my opinion.

Currently the 1st gen still has girls that are around my age or older and shinuchi is still the oldest despite being 2nd gen.

I’ll enjoy the 1st gen as much as i can while they’re still around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. hibari

hibari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ashuminamiona, momoko, kakki
    then, you still has around 8 years as women ceo of nogizaka already had a meeting to make asuka stay until her 30
    maiyan and nanase on bus during nanase graduation single campaign

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  12. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    Give some chance for 2nd gens at least. They have been there for long time as well and about the same age

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    Akimoto's azatoi so annoying, wish she stop doing that and her forcibly attempt to get attentions so hard to watch.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  14. silver247

silver247 Kenkyuusei

in my POV yes, at least she is one of fellow's 1st gen who shapes the group to the current one.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    If you watch the previous birthday lives and documentaries, she was one of the prominent members and IMO did her best to expand Nogizaka46's name to the public. She even became concurrent member for AKB48 Team B and that helped her development. She was there like a vice-captain when Reika was not around and checked on all the dances. She has improved her variety skills over the years, less interjecting other members and I appreciate her presence in NogiChu in the later years. I can understand the hate that fans have for her but IMO you cannot deny her presence and sharpness when performing Nogi songs, especially when centering Seifuku no Mannequin.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    Even till today, I am still having hard time getting used to the 3rd and 4th gen members. Few months ago, I had the same opinion and it still hasn't changed about them. I tried but just not my type. I still go back to watching older episodes of NogiChuu and NogiDoko because I don't find their personalities that interesting. Some episodes were good but the rest was just okay IMO. I am happy that Kaz is always around as mood maker but I don't see anyone with that potential from newer gens so far. I think they still need to improve on variety skills and be less shy on TV shows. Maybe another program like NogiBingo to flesh out their personalities. Prefer 4th gen than 3rd gen for comparison if you ask me.

Not sure if I would be willing to support the group after all 1st and 2nd gen members leave. Can't be strong to say goodbye. Btw, this is unpopular opinion thread :chuffed:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. hibari

hibari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ashuminamiona, momoko, kakki
    agree with this one. even mukai known as mood maker among 3rd gen but i just see her as an annoying girl.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    We're even lucky that the best 1ki in variety and with defined funny personalities are still around: Kaz, Matsumura, Ikuta, Maaya, Manatsu. Imagine how the group would be if all these girls graduated before others, so boring.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

In my opinion this is too good opinion here... sorry if offence ...

20. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

There is moodmaker and there are variety skills as you mention, but I wonder if what you're getting at is specifically talk skill, and more specifically, variety talk (like entertaining, comedic) skill (as opposed to like a formal MC talk skill, like the ability to improvise a short, formal speech). I think for most people, the only way to improve their variety talk skill is many, many talk-centric episodes with other high level conversationalists like Bananaman, and I think that's what you see with sembatsu regulars from gen 1 and 2. I don't know enough about Doko E and Skits, but I will say that Nogiten and even Nogibingo (or Nogibingo-style shows, which would include Doko E and Skits) is unlikely to raise someone's variety talk skill to an elite level.

I wonder about radio, though. There are more and more gen 3 and gen 4s on radio and I imagine that has to improve members' variety talk skill, especially the members who have MC roles.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1