1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by ひめか, Apr 17, 2019.

1. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Ad hominems are petty and childish. Not to mention it doesn't even make sense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    So you guys want to ignore me, eh? Fine. 30 day ban from this thread for both of you.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    I know Asuka is the current ace for Nogi but I felt like she has not reached Nishino and Maiyan level yet. She has centered several times and considered popular in the group. Like if you ask who is the face of Nogi, I think I will still answer Nishino or Maiyan. And now 3ki and 4ki are slowly superseding her and I am predicting that she is not gonna stay in Nogi till late 20s. Maybe she could just be Asuka as usual. Hmm just random thoughts....

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

In terms of GP awareness and popularity I don't think Asuka has reached Maiyan level but I think she has reached Nanase level.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

seem like everybody cant write member s name here for some reason .
    maiyan is gone and nanase is gone and i belive asuka will leave soon so whatever.
    2 is less than 3 but i dont think its really matter for me and sony too . that why sony keep push the little girl who less than maiyan and nanase a little bit for summer single and more to come.
    infact i believe that everybody in the group can be center too and sony can sell 1 m or nearly 1 m copy in every single. so whatever is 1 2 or 3 it s really not much different .
    i hope for disagree reactions too. funny topic anyway.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

what s the gp stand for ? it s about good that they can sell or something else ?

7. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    GP is general public.

I tend to agree. I mean Asuka is popular with gp but not overwhelming like Maiyan. Even Ikuta is more well known than her I think.
    As with the fans, yes 3rd and 4th gens are catching up pretty fast.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Last year Asuka was #5 in the Nikkei idol female ranking, above her were Maiyan (#1) and Ikuta (#2). I have no clue how she fares compared to Nanase, but to say 3ki and 4ki have surpassed her is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Quark

Quark Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I feel it is a little off topic but, can we just don't downvote people here? I feel that the purpose of the thread is to say things that we know most of the rest might not like and we shouldn't be "punished" for that, right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I don't downvote myself but this thread shouldn't be an excuse to post dumb, obnoxious, insulting or otherwise rude shit as some people here seem to believe, so downvoting is perfectly fine in that case.

• Like Like x 7
  11. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

Let they downvote thing and other dump reaction here. Because i am fun see. People act like. You cant do that You cant say maiyan name You cant touch nanase. Its really fun

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Quark

Quark Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I understand your point. When I wrote my message I was thinking more in innocent opinions kind of "I don't like this song" or "I think this member deserves more" or that kind of thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Shall I revive a dead thread? :awesome:

Ever since SING OUT!, people have been complaining about the incorporation of "English lyrics" in Japanese songs, such as "we don't need cringe English lyrics in Nogi songs" or whatever.
    However, most forget / don't pay attention / don't know better / don't care / just don't understand Japanese well enough to actually realize that many songs got cringe Japanese lyrics...

I mean, just because a song lyrics is fully in Japanese, doesn't make it less cringe.
    Example? "KISS no shuriken wo nagetanda, dakedo chotto shugyou tarinakute!" -> "I threw the shuriken of kiss, but I'm lack of training!"

Now, of course anyone can argue that "It's just an idiom / imagery / parable!!" or perhaps "It's just how young girls imagining the situation when they're in love!"
    Well, what difference does it make if such idiom is sung in English then...?
    Try to say "Kimi ni KISS no shuriken wo nagechau yo" to a Japanese person, and see their reaction :^O^:
    Also, the word "KISS" itself is English, but weirdly I have yet to see people complaining about "cringe English lyrics" in this case.

If using English in Japanese songs is that bad, then please ask them to use 接吻 (Seppun) or 口付け(Kuchidzuke) to say KISS instead.
    Both words pretty much forgotten these days...
    At least there's one popular Japanese song who used that word, here by ORIGINAL LOVE (Wait no! The band name is in English!!!)

Pop songs in general are about love, and love songs in general are full with cringey lyrics. Then again, I think that's just how love can be : cringey at times. No matter whether you are cringing in Japanese or English.

Now, if cringing is OK in English for love themed songs, such as "KISS no Shuriken", then why being so particular about other lyrics like "Happy Happy if you wanna bring big smiles", or better "Hang in there! Don't you dare give up, WOWx4". I think both Sing Out! and Route246 are made with a same idea in mind -> gaining hype plus spreading message to the world.

They tried their best to make Sing Out! somewhat a Nogizaka's version of AKB48's KFC, so much they even stage people in front of Arc de Triomphe in France to dance and sing along to the song during an actual Live.
    Having English lyrics there makes sense to make it recognizable. Also I really fail to see what's so cringe about the English lyrics in that song.
    Without thinking about how very not Nogi-esque the music for Route246 is, the idea there is simply to spread the message to "Hang in there!" when the entire world is under such a big problem such as the pandemic we're having now. Hence, having English lyrics makes sense to spread the message all over the world. Oh, but if "Hang in there!" is too cringe for you, then just sing to it, but using "Ganbare!" this time. It fits!! It's Japanese!!!

TLDR :
    - Just because a song lyrics are fully written in Japanese, doesn't make it automatically better than other Japanese songs which incorporate English lyrics in them.
    - It's the age where so many foreign words are absorbed into the Japanese language itself. Next time you find a word "ドア (Doa)" on a song lyrics, just remember that 扉 (tobira) is the correct Japanese word.
    - Usage of English lyrics in Japanese songs has gone a while back ever since the 1970s, or maybe even before that. So, I find it kinda pointless complaining about it in 2021.

P.S. -> I love "KISS no Shuriken". It's such a cute song! <3

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I don't really mind English lyrics, but I just hope they pronounce it better. Most of the time I don't catch what they are saying until I see the lyric. Sing Out pronounciation is not too bad, but Route246 is just awful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

The only problem from Route246 for me wasn't the english lyrics, it's the repeatedly wow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    Considering Asuka's popularity. dance/ singing/ variety skills, I believe she's quite the fit for title Ace.
    However there are members whom I regard higher than Asuka as an Ace. For example, Ume, Kaki & Kubo, Ume & Kaki especially possess the maturity which Asuka lacks & "Got their sh*t together" kinda vibe. Altho Kubo doesn't really act as mature as Ume & Kaki, she doesn't really mess around like Asuka whom very much just trying to have her fun & do as she pleases, I personally don't fancy this behavior, as a senpai she supposedly set as example to her junior. I do aware the fact that she's the youngest in the 1ki that makes not only fans but even the members overly pampering her, however this doesn't seem to shape her as an ideal senpai and it puts her back behind her junior like Ume, Kaki & Kubo.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

So, Asuka shouldn't take her day-off? She shouldn't enjoying her free time? She should working hard even when sleeping?

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    Which part of my comment made you assume that conclusion?

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Sorry, seems i read wrong post

20. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

so what wrong if asuka dont have that level of maiyan . because no one in 46 can do ,,,,,even nanasae ...i worte the fact .
    stop compare anyone to maiyan.
    asuka is good enough to be everything in nogizaka46 .
    that why she have been the leader in **** summer , sing out and such .
    maiyan is still in the group when that single is release. so
    asuka is not ideal senpai but she is good enough senpai
    she is the one who give momoko icecream
    and she huged momoko too .

• Dislike Dislike x 1