Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by ひめか, Apr 17, 2019.

1. ひめか

ひめか Kenkyuusei

This is by far my favorite post on here. I enjoyed reading every word of this.

2. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

10-20% of songs is probably the same for me. I'm weirdly positive about this though, but that's because my interest in Nogi started with Bananaman and the variety aspect. (Tsuchida (MC of Keyakitte Kakenai) once said he knew all the charas of all the Nogi girls but didn't know a single song by them because for a long time he had only watched Nogidoko but didn't pay attention to their music. I was like that.) Looking at their single CD sales: https://nogizaka46family.com/statistics/cd
    it's almost a steady climb. To me, that's not just evidence that none of their songs have become a huge particular mega hit but also evidence that all their other stuff like their variety has been that good. If they keep creating good variety content, I'm happy :p

Yeah, their official photos. The girls have said that because there are a lot of members, they don't always get a lot of time to shoot the official photos. Which is unfortunate. I think it's worth the time spent to make those official photos look perfect every time. I mean, they stick those photos on their official website for 3-6 months straight, so they really should want to make them perfect.

I also have problems with their MVs. I hate it when it's this grand story with a big budget that seems to have nothing to do with the lyrics. If you're not going to do an MV that is connected to the lyrics, just make it a relatively straightforward dance MV like Influencer. One of the MVs that's perfect for the lyrics (and also IMO has dance choreography that is perfect for the lyrics) is Romance No Start. It's like they actually put thought into matching the MV with the song itself lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Well then no need to worry about Nogi's model image if Maiyan graduated because lot of skillful photographer outside there :flower:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Yep, skillful photographer made Kanji 2nd gen prettier than Nogi 4th gen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    im amazed you keep posting this one particular picture. YES, IT IS A SUPER AMAZING photography, but the other are not so.. havent you take a look at kanji 2nd gen? just seeing their profile and simple photoshoot are already breathtaking. yes, nogi girls to me pretty much above average than any 48/46 out there up to 3rd gen. 4th so far,no one has makes me interest in them just in look department. variety and others come 2nd.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

And i'm amaze you keep talking about Kanji 2nd gen for... 3 months maybe?

Moreover, you make me check their profile. Breathaking? Breathaking my ass.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    I'm gotta admit, nogi staff been lazy to take care member's profile pics these days. Not only the newbies even Maiyan, Asuka, Junna, and Kotoko look less pretty than infamous and ulratalented Kanji, both 1st and 2nd gen. So yeah, all Nogi girls stand no chance to compete with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    if you cant find them breathtaking, you should definitely can feel they are overall prettier than 4th gen unless you are nogi wota.lmao. actually,that opinion is not unpopular though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    This discussion about who's prettier is so pointless considering it's all subjective lmao.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  10. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Someone really need to read this.

11. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

And I thought we're losing a little spice in this thread [hehe]

Like what miwa said it's all subjective.

I understand and accept everyone's posted opinion. It does give justice to the title of this thread. Just laugh it off.

12. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka

Gonna keep protect my kids from this same old and repetitive argument.

13. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    B63C3B84-A1D8-4CB6-B0F7-314CC947ED9F.jpeg

Nogi 4th gen & Keyaki 2nd gen. there is no debate for who wins here.

14. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

basically we are at the same page here :awesome:

personally i think even with narrow schedule the mgmt could have been manage it properly, showing some improvement . at least dont make the image always feel too conservative, bland, flat or desaturated or whatever term i can think of. i mean the image is not inherently bad(ppl who understand photoshop well could have enhanched that, more), but always lack of punch or something like that, even often degraded their look. this "tradition" kinda just, lazy imo. i dont think they cant pull some magic-kery or photography trickery, like playing with hard light to create more shades and edge, picking another background etc. maybe we just demand too much for perfection lol i can see for othe ppl this just trivial but we can understand if there ppl foolishly use that as highlight comparison with another group.
    im too lazy installing and exploring pshop right now but there is cheap photoscape. kotoko's may seem bit reddish after(my bad) edited but its has more weight imo with increased bit of black value and saturation (im not view this from phone that is less corrected in colour calibration)
    SasakiKaerimichi-horz.jpg

i get what you mean with romance no start, while i dont like it myself loll(still) there at least effort in creativity. exaggerate a bit with generalization it was basically the problem that almost i got all the time with their MV. i dont a lyrical person myself so i dont have any demand to must connecting the lyric but by crammed it with storyline , their mv tend to be not so poetic visually, there's lack of nuances something like that. im not that biggie with syncronicity as a song for example but that one quiet highlight what i mean/looking for. feel abstract at first but then fitted the concept and choreo so well

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  15. bscale

bscale Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Another one for me(my personal opinion)... Ito Marika is one of the most or maybe the most underrated member in the history of Nogizaka46.
    Her live performance was incredible, charming, skillful. I believe she should have been regular fukujin.

I hope she will be even more successful as an actress in the future.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  16. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Tamura Mayu is indeed pretty.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Asphyxia

Asphyxia Kenkyuusei

yeah right but aren't we talking about visual not popularity?

edit:
    the photo is just right.
    I got your point but you did it wrong in fact you made it worst. The edited photo is over-saturated, it looks posterized and
    unnatural also a lot of detail are gone (hair strands on shaded part of the image).
    If you want to edit it more naturally I think you need the raw photo and use the right software.

I totally agree with this also her individual PV's are the best.
    I think this is also unpopular opinion.. Keyaki have Neru because of Marika.
    Boyish hair marika is badazz as Techi.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    agree,but not as pretty as Shibata Yuna

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

im not really picking the worst photo :D . The like that one from Kazumin is just out of question, the angle itself is so off.

yeah even as rough amateur im pretty aware of that it's need the original raw file or at least original resolution(and bettee software) to do proper comparison. The lost of detail is just inevitable as you say. it's more like give a perspective --also It's not that over saturated as you said, more vibrant, or at least from my laptop calibration, it may has thing to do with that-- people who see it on the phone will just completely see it as total failure, to see what i mean xD

• Like Like x 1
  20. Asphyxia

Asphyxia Kenkyuusei

well that was just a professional opinion as someone who works at creative industry and someone who do post processing on photos a lot.
    btw Im using color accurate IPS monitor. maybe it has something to do with your monitor too and yeah mobile phones saturation are high specially those LED one.

So blaming the photographer after all.
    But yeah you are right those photo's are too plain compare to Keya's profile pictures, just changing the background made a lot of difference.

SasakiKaerimichi copy.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1