1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Very Sad News With Regards to a Member of the Stage48 Family

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Cristafari, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Silenka was a person I always looked up to. Her posts were the highlight of the forum for me, and I'm glad we were able to work on the same staff team, albeit briefly.

My condolences to her family and friends. May she rest in peace.

2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I was wondering, as Silanka's partner said she would have liked the idea of a tree/ trees planted in to remember her, wouldn't it be a good idea to come together as forum members and chip in to do just that?

I say that as I saw that prices start at $70 which is probably too high for individual members, but together we should be able to do it.

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    What might be nicer is to plant a tree in Japan as a memorial. Of course that would require the efforts of those living in Japan. I know that there are "tree burials" in cemeteries, but I don't know if you need actual ashes. There is also a tree initiative:

"The Present Tree initiative aims to establish a system for conserving forests in cooperation with local governments and people. It also helps activate not only forests but also local regions by having people in cities act as foster parents of trees, increasing the number of people who interact with people living in mountainous areas. Connections have been created thanks to the trees planted through this initiative.

As an example, imagine for a moment that you would like to give a tree as a birthday present to your friend, Mr. A, and you apply to the Present Tree. A tree is then planted in a certain area and given a serial number for management. Then a certificate with this serial number and the location of the tree are included with a message card from you and sent to Mr. A. The planted tree will subsequently be fostered and managed as it fulfills its function as a tree in the forest over a span of 10 to 20 years. "

https://www.japanfs.org/en/news/archives/news_id035372.html

Edit: Here is the Present Tree website:

https://presenttree.jp/

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    My deepest condolences towars her family and friends.

5. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Logged onto here for the first time in years just to find out this tragic news. My deepest condolences to her friends and family. May she rest in peace.

6. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I've mostly been a lurker for the past few years, but I had to post when I saw this news. It seems so surreal, knowing that someone I used to interact with from time to time is no longer with us. Rest in peace Silenka, and thank you for your immeasurable contributions to this forum <3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

7. yoshimako

yoshimako Kenkyuusei

I don't come around here often and was both shocked and deeply saddened by this tragic news. I offer my sincere condolences to her family and everyone who loved her deeply. I've had many conversations with her over the years since I joined the fandom in 2016. She was always fun to talk to. She had a deep admiration for Japanese culture which she poured her heart and soul into. She poured countless hours into translating songs, stages and other idol content. She had a high technical knowledge of Japanese. She certainly put it to good use! The last translation she posted to her blog was actually the election speech of my oshi, Tanaka Miku, when she got 10th place. It's kinda funny that she'd done so much work translating - especially that year with all the SSK stuff - that she didn't really want to translate it when I asked her. But, after begging her she finally decided to do it whilst she was also in the midst of playing Final Fantasy 14 - a game she loved and spent countless hours playing; in fact, it was through this game that she met the man who would become the love of her life. Amazingly the translation turned out beautifully despite being done whilst multitasking - a testament to her translation prowess! She was also deeply knowledgeable about Japanese culture in general. Her thesis, Sister Solidarity: Compassionate Relationships among Popular Entertainers and Their Fellow Women in Medieval Japan, is a skillfully researched paper on a topic which, as I understand it, is not commonly written about. It was difficult to research. She had to acquire many hard to find books but in the end she put it all together brilliantly. She warned me that it was a very boring read, but when is a thesis ever exciting? I think she did a wonderful job!

She will certainly be missed. Actually, I miss her already... Let's never forget what an awesome presence she was in this community. May she rest in peace.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I didn't know her, nor interacted with her, but from the stories I read here, she seemed like a wonderful person. May she Rest in Paradise.

9. yoshimako

yoshimako Kenkyuusei

I wonder if it would be appropriate to post her thesis here. I kinda feel it would be a shame to let all that hard work just fall into the forgotten land of obscurity. I don't want to post it without permission though. I wonder if her boyfriend would be ok with me posting it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. powha

powha Kenkyuusei

Haven't been actively talking with her in recent times, but hearing about this really makes me regret it. I heard that she was battling it from her about half a year ago, but to think that it would end like this.. ;_;
    She was always passionate about everything that she did, always helpful and a great person.
    We weren't the closest friends, but we did work on subbing few things together and I'll never forget the time we spent doing that.
    My condolences to her family and friends and may she rest in peace.:cry:

11. Arigatou means Thank You

Arigatou means Thank You Kenkyuusei

Indeed, we're belong to God and we'll return back to Him. My condolences...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  12. Lareriswen

Lareriswen Kenkyuusei

13. ShinyGourgeist

ShinyGourgeist Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Jurina Matsui
    I haven't come across you on this forum, but I am grateful for what you have done for the 48group community. Thank you and RIP

14. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    So I was just thinking about her and wondering where she was since I haven't really been around and...wow. I am so sad about this, even though it has been a year since she passed. May her memory be a blessing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 2
  16. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Wow didn't even know about this RIP.

While I share some disagreement with her, she is definitely one of the most well-versed and most accurate translator I've ever come across throughout my exploration of Japanese culture.

Translating Japanese down to a T can be challenging especially since Japanese tend to omit their subject/pronouns in their lyrics (in dramas, they can be more obvious since we are entertained with the visual imagery) . First-comers tend to miss the nuances and instead, doing a direct literal translation without taking into consideration any nuances. She is hands down one of the best when it comes to reading between the lines. Not surprising since she knows extensively about Japanese culture in and out.

Perhaps, her translations draw me to the 48G fandom and I'll forever be thankful for her ever existence in the fandom

• Like Like x 1