1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert W-KEYAKI FES. 2021 (2021.07.09 - 2021.07.11)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by heatsignature, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Thanks to this young fellow for this video! My comments:
    • It felt like you were there walking along with him.
    • Is FujiQ like a Disneyland/Universal Studios mashup?
    • Comfy shoes are a must, you sure do a lot of walking there.
    • Do you think his oshi is Risa? LOL
    • I'd be making a big hole on my wallet buying lots of official goods.

2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi

Thank you. Cage is one of my fave Hinata song so I hoped it would be there. Oh well lol

I hope there're no these kind of fans still.
    I mean, I honestly doubt we'll ever play bestfriends with each other, but Sakura/Hinata members had never hid their friendships and Shinkisei 2nd batch was a solid group before being divided in Nogi/Hinata/Sakura so... there's really no ground for unhealthy relationships between members.

I follow Hinata music through twitter and UniAir and majority of it just doesn't suit my taste, but some songs are little gems, so I hope today will give me more of those I don't know yet.
    On the other hand, rumors about Keyaki songs are getting stronger so I don't know what to expect anymore lol
    But I'm truly happy to see them together once again. I can't believe how hyped I suddenly am [hehe]

Edit: Zaiko is playing the songs before the concert so there's around 1 hour of SakuHina before SakuHina [hehe]:banana:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Weather's all right today!

Joint MC
    1. Sore Ai - Ten-chan
    2. Nazekoi - Karin
    *girls are fired more than usual, especially Ten-chan
    Saku MC Hikaru bday
    3. Doremi - Nibu-chan
    4. Sonna koto - Meimei
    Hina MC
    *It feels like there're more Ohisamas and Buddies inside the venue
    5. Kimi to sentakumono - Hikaru
    6. Plastic regret - Karin
    Hina MC - doing the wave with the audience
    7. Kyun - Katoshi
    8. Azato kawaii - Miipan
    MC Saku. Azato kawaii segment - Hono, Pon
    Strories about shared experiences with Hinatas
    *Takahashi Mikuni with her parents came to see Sugai's stage play :XD:
    9. Guuzen no kotae - Karin
    10. Hanshinhangi - Ten-chan
    MC Hina 3ki
    Hinano spoke about meeting Endo for the first time in two years
    Paruyo's favorite Saku song is Hanshinhangi
    MC Saku Shin 2ki
    Akiho is happy to have talked to her oshi Katoshi
    Marino's oshi is Higashimura Mei
    11. Boudai na yume - Katoshi
    12. Seishun no uma - Kanemura
    MC Hina
    13. Blue moon - Hikaru
    14. Omotta yori - Ten
    MC Saku
    15. Jouful love - Katoshi
    16. Kimi shika - Katoshi
    Chaputenzu MC
    Yuuka's favorite song is Seishun no uma, Kumi's Omotta yori
    17. Nobofa - Run
    18. Kitsune - KAWADA
    19. Buddies - Ten
    20. No war in the future
    21. Ban - Hikaru
    22. Dare yori
    Chaputenzu MC
    23. W-KEYAKIZAKA NO UTA

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Yeah, it looks nice!

I just realized that as much as I don't care if they play Keyaki songs or not, if they begin with Keyaki Overture I would honestly cry lol
    1 minute to go

HAPPY DAY 3 everyone

5. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Hinata's show yesterday was tons of fun! The giant Poka was adorable <3 Appreciated the new centers, and including the generation unit songs makes for a nice change in the setlist so I appreciate those.

And Day 3 should be starting any minute now, this was the date I was truly waiting for! Enjoy everyone!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Songs are great so far,
    to say Sakura girls are beautiful is not even near the reality of it. They all are incredible today!
    And to see my baby Hinata so grow up is amazing. I'm so proud of them.

Mcs are too many and long though

Sakura brief thoughts:
    Karin is killing everyone on twitter lol but the others held their groud well.
    Seki I've noticed works way better with the group than as center. She just looks more comfortable and to have more fun then she looked on BacksLive.

Hinata brief thoughts:
    The kill on stage. There's nothing to say about that. My Miho is beautiful like usual. I'm not sure Shinkisei except Hinano are there though. No screen time. Nevermind, I just saw Mikuni!!!!
    I hope somewhere there our Memi is watching

7. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I think Karin has consolidated her spot as my favorite Sakurazaka performer after today. Ten-chan is very very close though. But seriously having MC after every 2 songs is too excessive

8. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

I somehow thought the format would result in good pacing and fewer MCs.

9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Honestly I expected my attention to lessen when Hinata performed because I don't know their songs that well... It didn't happen because like I've already said, they are amazing on stage

BUT MCs are killing the show here.
    Literally. You can't have MC every 2 songs with 2 groups in it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

It’s at the point where it’s honestly kind of frustrating for me. I really enjoy hearing stories about the relationship between the two groups, but this is so excessive on a stage where we should be getting seamless transitions between the two groups.

That said, Risa talking about Hiyotan gets a thumbs up from me.

11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Yeah, I loved some of those MC too. Between both groups there're a lot of girls I would just listen for hours lol If anything I would have loved to hear more about Borderless experience since I loved it.... but we are at.. 8th, 9th MC?

C'mon!

12. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

Last bow Endo, back at it again.

That whole closing stretch was fantastic and I would have liked to see just a -bit- more of that pacing throughout the show. I don’t mean to make it sound like there shouldn’t have been any MCs or anything like that, but maybe just a couple more instances of a group doing two songs and that leading directly into the other group doing two songs instead of an MC.

Also, since I know everyone cares deeply about my merch takes, I thought the t-shirt the members were wearing at the end came out really well in both colors. I ordered the blue but I kinda wish I would have ordered the white is well. However, I think the black ‘W’ shirt Sakurazaka wore at the end of day 1 is ultimately my favorite. That’s really a rather striking design on both the front and back.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Too many MCs like everyone mentioned, I'm not sure why they couldn't do something seamless like when they went from Nobody's Fault all the way through Dare Yori mo.

It's a little sad that the only thing "Keyaki" about this show is that both groups stemmed from Keyakizaka46. Guess we'll never hear Kanji/Hiragana songs again performed live, with the exception of the Hinata 2020 versions.

I got W-Keyakizaka no Uta with everyone at the end, at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. amimaru

amimaru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    Exactly 3hrs Lol. Quite disappointed that there's not really any collab performance except W-Keyakizaka no Uta. Beautiful performance nonetheless. Also, no encore wtf T_T

15. heatsignature

The MCs were definitely excessive. It was sweet to hear the members getting along across groups, but it was kind of funny to see the members only TALK about the interactions and not actually... interact until the very end lol.

I wanted more collab performances, but let's not forget the concert did come with a backlash and there was a sizeable audience that was complaining about "Why does Hinata need to go back and perform with Sakurazaka" and vice-versa. Even the rules for the show had to explicitly state "Get along guys!"

But I think most naysayers changed their mind during the show, I saw a lot of X Group-only fans begging for a collab by the end. So if next year, we get another WKEYAKI FES, I hope we get some more integrated performances! And then maybe next time we could get some Hiragana songs from the vault (ones that were not re-recorded for Hinatazaka album), and maybe some Kanji Keyaki songs...

I think having yearly WKEYAKI FES concerts during the summer, and then Sakurazaka getting a "Sakura season Ohanami" concert would be awesome (and Hinata getting their usual HinaKuri performance).

Anyways, W-Keyaki no Uta definitely made me cry a little. Especially when the camera cut to members like Miichan whose eyes were completely filled with tears. Despite the MCs, this was definitely my favorite day.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Last part definitely saved the concert.
    To have one song after the other was the right way to go. If we also learn to change centers it may works for Arena Tour too.
    And don't get me wrong I love the way Hikaru, Karin and Ten perform and give their own personality to their songs, but I also wish they could keep being the center for their main songs and leave the others to whom suits them better.
    Rena version of Blue Moon Kiss and Aoi's Plastic Regret, in my opinion, just click better.

Hikaru, Karin and Ten would center 2 each anyway like this and Back Liners have more show time too.

Back to W-FES:

Like I wrote previously I didn't expect any Keyaki song, nor I wanted to see them performed today.
    I know from twitter this is not majority's opinion and I respect it, but...
    Keyaki has been the group I loved the most, so much next saturday I'm gonna have it tatooed on my arm (finally!) and no other group would ever be the same for me.
    But Keyaki is a closed chapter of our life. It has to be.
    We can keep loving it, we can keep cherish and protect it, but it had a start and an end.
    Luckily for us Hinata and Sakura will always be part of Keyaki Legacy. They'll keep try, and grow and change through the years, and I feel it would be wrong to ask them to perform more Keyaki song.
    W-Keyaki has been perfect. Truly.
    I loved it.
    I hope W-Fes would become an annual thing, better planned hopefully, and W-Keyaki would always close it because that is our shared origin; but the rest, the rest should be made by the work those girls do every single day, the result of all their training and enduring and not something belonging to another era and another group.
    Just my 2 cents about it

Sorry for the rant. lol

Concluding... All the girls did amazing, more interactions would have been great and I know everyone saw Miichan crying at the end... but did you see Risa close to tears BEFORE W-Keyaki song??? My emotional mess lol:inlove:
    A special mention to Inori's eyes during BAN because she kinda scared me [hehe]

I'm also a little sad you guys will never appreciate my Hinata choreo. I have to admit I rocked them too lmao (I'm just glad I was home alone:rofl:)

@SlamDunk let us know when the merch arrives. :D

17. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Sorry for the double posting but Sakura central just left this tweet
    https://twitter.com/sakuzakacentral/status/1414195822569222149

explaining we can leave messages to the girls on the W-FES site. only... I went to watch them and the only english message I saw is a bad one so please everyone, let's go there and show INTL fans aren't that kind of assholes.

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  18. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    A couple of thoughts.
    This time they did a better job with the cameras and the weather was nice, which added to the enjoyment.
    Sakura's did their best today. Almost all of their songs were performed more brightly and energetically than before.
    For this type of event today's shortened set list also worked better in my opinion.
    The feeling of friendly rivalry probably contributed to the level of excitement overall with Ten-chan being today's MVP for me.
    I really liked how she kept hyping things up with shout-outs to the audience and such.
    Finally, at long last they did justice to Buddies (the song :D). Now that was the proper way to deliver the song, with fans all around, water fountains splashing and so on. Up to now it kept falling a bit flat to me, except for the special Kirako edition which is a gem in itself.
    During Naze koi one thread got stuck and Karin continued to perform like this. Luckily it didn't get tangled and she safely finished the song, but this got me worried for a second.
    BAN was also very good this time around. Might be the cameras, but I felt this was the most cohesive and on point version up to know. Good synchronicty and physicality throughout the song.
    I also felt that they overdid it with the MCs. While the content was good and entertaining, the sheer amount of time spent on this was a bit too much. Might be the lack of unit songs we were worrying about earlier. I also felt like the mangement underdelivered on shared MC, which I felt would have played a bigger part in this event. Yeah, we got the Chaputens MC a couple of times, but not having at least a shared shin2ki-3ki MC (the Fuji-Q first-timers) felt like a wasted opportunity.

With that being said.
    Hinatazaka had an overall stronger setlist and managed to outshine the Sakuras at several points but especially towards the end, when they played their festival trump cards NO WAR and Dare yori. Coincidentally with them being the only Keyaki songs performed (apart of W-Keyaki no uta), thematically this felt like a true high point to me with KR2017 and 2018 imagery coming to mind. As for the core Hinatazaka songs, for the most part they chose many of my favorites and all the single title songs (except Konna ni suki), which helped to deliver a very streamlined package of the Hinatazaka experience, the way I see it. On the contrary, Sakura's set while more or less okay on the song to song basis, just lacks the unified vision and punch that Hinatas set provided. As of now, with 2 singles under the belt the Sakura sekaikan, the worldview that members kept talking about sadly is not fully there yet. When compared directly, at this point Hinata is better balanced group, hands down. Let's hope that future singles will lessen the gap, so that future joint festivals will become even more exciting.

Ending with W-Keyaki no uta was a right and appropriate move. I'm happy that S&F at least didn't mess this one up. SakuHina members standing together at the center surrounded by the green lightsticks. Beautiful and touching. While the aura was more or less uplifting, me being me, I still felt bittersweet. When all members stood together, for a moment it felt like a true titan of a group is performing, the sheer power of it felt overwhelming. Yeah...

To conclude, today was a great live, not what some us had hoped for, but still energetic and full of emotions.
    I hope that once W-Keyaki becomes a yearly occurence, S&F will step up their game, find a way to deliver a better flowing live with proper joint activities and more nostalgic throwbacks, while still managing to highlight the current growth of both groups which is happening right now as we speak.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Maybe, after Nogizaka Star Tanjou end, they can use its timeslot for the Sakura Hinata show. As for the title, maybe Sun & Flower show.[hehe]

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. heatsignature

And after the show, I’m already seeing adorable photos of Sakurazaka and Hinata members together <3

I saw a video of Miku and Rei together, and Hikari just spammed a bunch of photos with her fellow Hinatazaka Kenshuusei! The best interactions happened behind the scenes this time around haha. Looking forward to seeing all the members blogs then!