1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    The thing that surprises me the most is the completely silence from Yukirin and Sasshi about Mayu. I’m fairly certain Sasshi hasn’t said a word about whether she has had a visit with Mayu. The one time Yukirin mentioned Mayu she said she doesn’t know what’s going on with her. So it's either they were just friends because of work, or they're protecting her by not saying anything publicly as a personal request from Mayu. I hope it's the latter.

2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It might just be a case of being busy, life getting in the way. AKB48 has been fairly busy lately (Tandoku and Miichan gradcon, upcoming AUDISHOW), plus Yukirin had loads of solo stuff going on (producing songs for WACK, solo photobook, upcoming solo concerts) – and now she's going to undergo surgery and treatment for a super rare illness.

Sasshi is constantly featured in commercials, she's on a different variety show every single night, more or less, and she's producing two idol groups, one of which is currently on tour and the other having their first concert coming up in less than a month.

Both of them are probably very busy and like I said, if there is only effort on their side and nothing coming from Mayu ever, I understand that the stress of their own personal lives will take precedent.

3. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I suspect neither Sasshii nor Yukirin will comment on Mayuyu, especially if they have had some kind of contact and Mayuyu indicated she wanted privacy, but even if they haven't been in contact, the only thing they might say is "I don't know".
    Neither of them would have anything to gain from speculating about Mayuyu.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. sven

sven Kenkyuusei

It's standard procedure to assume a retired entertainer is a private citizen and only mention their whereabouts or post pictures when explicitly given permission. Yukirin held a Q&A early last year where the top fan question was about Mayu's whereabouts and she ignored the question. She only answered when she got ambushed by the Silent Siren drummer on instagramlive and was put in a no-win position (that was before Mayu formally retired). It's also very probable that Takamina and the No3b girls know at least something about Mayu's situation because they share the same agency and knows Mayu's managers well personally and Takamina's hinted about "hearing whispers". But again, they have little reason to talk publicly.

In some way, it's surprising and impressive how little information has come out and shows how tight the situation is being controlled. There's still been no pictures or sightings of Mayu posted on social media or anymore else a year later. Compare that to Nanami Hashimoto whose pictures and whereabouts as a Sony Music employee got released quickly after she retired, despite having changed her appearance.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. jessiejinx

jessiejinx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu (Cuca)
    I can relate to
    Mayu quite a lot (were similar in way). I just hope that everything ok with her

Edit i just remembered something while she was promoting Deai no tsuzuki in a documentary for it she had to have a iv at one point because she was so tired.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  6. Nighthawk141

Nighthawk141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    mraiman_
    Every once in a while I try to check this thread to see if anything happen
    To see it's nothing new here for the last 5 months make my heart break :(

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. fire_cheetah

fire_cheetah Kenkyuusei

I hope that Mayu is enjoying a peaceful life. Maybe no news is good news. But I miss Mayu too. Mayuyu, I wonder what are you doing now?

8. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    If Mayu doesn't want to retire forever and the Cyzowoman article is true, she won't return until at least 2022-2023.

9. qpet

qpet Future Girls

Yoko singin Magirashiteiru at her grad stage

• Like Like x 4
  10. rayanami

rayanami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oginoyuka
    Same here

What's cyzowoman?

11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    A very credible/reliable news source. Mayuyu will most likely return after her third abortion.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  13. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    It's just amazing how I get the dumbest negative ratings. Sometimes I think I have to make a drawing or something.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Hi I'm back

About Mayuyu, I wonder if she'd return as a vtuber or an utaite singer, jobs in Japanese entertainment that allow anyone to pursue anonymously

Because we know she's an otaku, I'm pretty sure she'd love any of these jobs

But she'd get noticed because her voice is easy to recognize

15. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

It seems that there are MV's that are a premonition.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. fire_cheetah

fire_cheetah Kenkyuusei

Mayu:cry::cry::cry:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Haxie

Haxie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Maeda Atsuko
    I miss Mayuyu :( The fact that we haven't seen a picture of her for months makes me worried but I hope she's happy

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

18. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    Months? No, it has been one and a half damn year we have heard nothing from her. But if it is her own intention to fully retire from entertainment industry, then it's good for her too, and I'm happy for her, but at this point, it's hard to know. I just want her to appear in Yukirin's gradcon someday, that's all.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. sumone

sumone Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    渡辺麻友

Anyone know what Harugon said in regards to Mayu? Seemed like she mentioned her in an instagram live but I don't speak Indonesian :(

20. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    The title of the video, 'Mayuyu Tidak Akan Pernah Muncul Lagi Ke Publik', translates as "Mayuyu Will Never Appear Again To The Public"

it's not that hard to run the subtitles through google translate
    'bahkan nanti di hari graduation kashiwagi Yuki, mungkin Mayuyu Tidak akan datang'
    'even later on the day of Kashiwagi Yuki's graduation, maybe Mayuyu won't come'

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1