Welcome to Stage48 version 6!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PineappleCrunch

PineappleCrunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Hey, is there any possibility to drop "Last seen [name of the place], 1 minute ago" (underlined) bar? - I just feel that is unnecessary.

2. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    I thought it's pretty neat. You don't want to be seen? [hehe] You can always set your account to hide your online status.

We actually had the same thing ("User Location") on phpBB as well. It just wasn't as easy to find.

3. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

The maximum of 7 people in a PM has been apparently changed so you guys can get 10 people in a conversation you start. Just in case anyone was having trouble with that before.

4. aezea

aezea Stage48 Designer

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    aezea48
    Yey! No more server errors!!

Anyway, quick update All Galleries now - by default - won't show signatures! :^O^:

Also for the sizing issues of Avatars and Signatures - when the new rules are set, we will be able to prevent users from breaking it since we can set the maximum height of both. So when you'll upload an avatar or signature past the size the rule permits - it will be cutoff :^O^:

5. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    can you give the maximum size for a banner to appear correctly on signature? To know what are my limits for photoshop.

6. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    Thank you MrWaffle! By the way, I've been meaning to ask if Stage48 would accept contributions from users for the cost of hosting the forum and of purchasing the new software.

7. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Your timing is impeccable. It's almost like you're reading our minds. :lol: I was planning to address donations later today.

8. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

@Mr Waffle
    All are from before the move. I just never bothered to say anything before -shrug-. I get PM notices fine, but very rarely thread subscriptions, and it's usually only high traffic ones - senkyo and whatever the latest single is.

Thanks for fixing the database errors!!

9. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    What's the deal with the smilies? I mean the newer ones look good, but there is a distinct lack of some of my more favorite ones from the old forum. (The "hi" "clap" "nod" "dunno" and "high five" are really missed) It's pretty much a small thing, but it has been bugging me from the launch of the new site. Still plans to add more or should I go and get a bunch of smilie url from else where for the time being? For what it is worth I am dieing to use :poop: , when appropriate of course.[hehe] And :v: is pretty freaking awesome, IMO.

Edited cause I just read earlier posts.:fp: I use the Hide online status, and it still shows my status online, both front page and "last seen" on my profile.

10. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    I don't know, I don't really like them. This one: :) doesn't really say "I'm smiling", for me it says "I'm watching you undress through the bathroom window".

But it's just a minor thing really. Overall I'm very pleased with this new software. Good job HRP.

11. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I realized the like button is gone...

12. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Please check the feedback thread re: the like button. It'll be back soon.

Smilies are on my "to do" list, but they have to be manually entered one by one so it'll take a chunk of time to sort out. Hopefully in the next couple of days.

13. PineappleCrunch

PineappleCrunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Hey, did you guys notice that "FORUM" and "HOME" button is actually directing to the same page? Ah yeah one more thing, I think it would be great if the orange and blue bubble icon on the home page in every forum list is changed to Stage48 icon. ^^

14. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    Well, since the forum main page is actually the home page, it would be same... [hehe]

I just realized that there is "donation" button on the home page... :eek:
    When I click, it goes to PayPal... [hehe]
    I heard someone said PayPal charges 5% (don't know true or false)

I usually do a bank-in transactions because I don't have any credit/debit cards...
    And I was not eligible to make one because I'm not working (I'm student, remember?)
    I asked from my father but he also not eligible because his salary is far under minimum requirement for credit card holder... My father salary is RM900 per month anyway (Google currency: RM900 = US$275.70) My mother is not working...

So, any other ways to actually donate some money?
    For Osu! game, I purchased Osu!Direct by using MOLpoints bought in 7eleven before
    Previously bought: Torrent seedbox basic package 1Gbps for April for RM20
    Planning to buy next: Voting ticket for AKB48 Sousenkyo in Yahoo Auction (via agent) for RM30

15. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    You can find the thread about donations here , though I don't know about taking money from other sources, HRP and I both live in Japan so sending money around the world can be pretty tricky. I know that the value of money is different all over the world and a lot of people are students and such so there's really no obligation to donate though, supporting the group (or feeding your family I suppose) should always come first :p

Now the craziness has died down a bit I'm going to move posts around to their correct places more, this thread is for "wow look at the new site it's awesome!" gushy gushy posts, while the Feedback thread is for "I found something broken" or "I think this is crap please change it". If you don't understand how a feature of the site works (eg "I don't know how to upload an avatar pls help") you can ask for guidance in the troubleshooting thread. I'll probably close this thread in a week or so once everyone is used to the new layout [hehe]

16. Theli

Theli Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    After a really long time away from the forum, I came back today and i'm positively impressed with the new visual.
    It's a pity that i'm leaving this place and will not witness this transition period nor all the new features, since i'm not enjoying any of the 48 groups anymore... :hmm:

Oh well, good luck for all the staff and members of the new S48! :D

17. YumeNoRui

YumeNoRui Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Just wondering, there are few times when I tried to log in, but the site seems to be unavailable, especially during the Saitama RH day, and the last 2 hours before Akb48 group members' deadline for submitting their forms for the election.
    There were some other times that I can't access either, is it due to heavy traffic to stage48?

18. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    just making a reminder about my ask ; it is not only for me but for the others as well. My current laptop is very weak and some users on this forum have such big banners that makes my browser lagging. We need to fix the maximum size for signature :/

19. Mai

Mai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    It probably was, yes. The admins bought a server upgrade, though, so hopefully it won't happen again in the near future!

20. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    My laptop (netbook) is also low-end... :^^;:
    I think my signature (overall includes text) is also big... so, I use spoiler...
    But there are some people who have 2 images in signature which both are big...
    That's actually quite irritating.... :fear:
    Not to mention someone uses big GIF files too... [hehe]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.