1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

What are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Tatami Mats, Sep 10, 2007.

1. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    The Logos Story
    by Elaine Rhoton

[​IMG]

2. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I finish last week The Hacker's Tale by Dr J

Its all about real stories by online hackers so that's why they use their handle to hide their real names. BTW the stories were of specifically English Hackers and it tells you some history and changes of the hacking scene in Britain.

Right now I'm reading this.
    [​IMG]
    I was looking for a book by Nietzsche but this is what I stumble upon. Having manga in it I just can't resist to have my hands on it. Maybe it will take a week to finish this even though its a measly 288 page lots of things to do this week.

3. Whassup

Whassup Kenkyuusei

I'm finishing up Beneath the Wheel by Hermann Hesse, started reading it because Jurina was reading(holding) it in Majisuka Gakuen. Not really a fan of romantic literature but it is interesting to see Hesse's philosophy from the book.

4. maki2589

maki2589 Kenkyuusei

right now I'm reading "RE IMAGINING JAPAN The Quest for a Future That Works" i bought it a long time ago but i never got the time to really read it so I'm going through it now.

5. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    [​IMG]

"Kami Kouen Chronicles"

Really interesting book (unofficial publication). It's an in-depth analysis of all the stages and a great overview of AKB's history. The author definitely knows what he's talking about. He's interviewed Akimoto before and has watched a great number of shows.

I'll start translating this book on Stage one of these days. There's lots of insight and information to be gained from it.

6. Erinacchi

Erinacchi Kenkyuusei

I'll be going back to Harry Potter sometime soon.

Right now I'm reading a Finnish book names Surunsyöjät (= Grief Eaters) by Veera Laitinen. It's really good. Sounds kinda like Twi(t)light, but it's one billion times better.

7. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

manga! pretty awesome one~
    called Boku no Hatsukoi wo kimi ni sasagu
    here's the link if anyone likes to read manga:
    http://mangafox.me/manga/boku_no_hatsuk ... ni_sasagu/

this story is a tragic, romance, school life, comedy, drama, shoujo
    Takuma and Mayu's story began when they were only 8 years old. During his childhood, Takuma was constantly hospitalised due to his heart condition. He soon became friends with Mayu, the daughter of the doctor in charge of his case. Day by day they grew closer and closer. However, the summer when Takuma was 8, he made a promise to Mayu that he couldn't keep... Their story unfolds as they grow older and their bond gets stronger...

8. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

"Los verbos castellanos conjugados"

Spanish verb conjugations.. i really to improve mine.. :^^;:

9. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I just finish Manga and Philosophy the other day.

Its more philosophy than Manga. :fp: Reading it is making me fat as absorbing all those ideas really took a toll to my neurons and I'm really spending a lot of proteins so I need some snacks to continue on... and some skags to reset my ram.

Mostly I remember was Kant, Utilitarianism, Existentialism, the definition of good and bad etc. Some titles like Homer (No the other one), Kenshin is not an Emo pansy, Tezuka, Hamon, Furoku.. there are many others because multiple writers contribute chapters that forms the book.

I also manage to finish this.
    [​IMG]
    Click the image to read chapter one for free on google books
    I only bought it cheaply on a book sale store hoping to learn something but alas! it has so few to offer. :(

Another cheaply bought is this!
    [​IMG]
    I remember this one a long time ago after I shunned buying it for school projects. Its kinda old but the sites mentioned still exist and the guide is good summary like trying to look back for previously learned stuffs. I just skim on it and just read selected chapters. Considered finish.

Currently holding this book
    [​IMG]
    yeah its old but I haven't read the real thing. :^^;:
    All I remember from it are from commentaries its time to get the real deal.

10. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    The Necromancer: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott

4th book in the series, cant wait for the final one to come out this year :awesome: :awesome:

11. Yukohime

Yukohime Kenkyuusei

I'm reading Game of Thrones Clash of Kings. Anyone else reading it?

12. Erinacchi

Erinacchi Kenkyuusei

Norwegian Wood by Murakami Haruki is going on right now. I'll borrow some other book too, since I always read two books at the same time xD

13. Yukohime

Yukohime Kenkyuusei

Cool! Have you ever read Kafka on the shore? Such a unique story.

14. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    ^ I've read this before....was a good read :D

Now Reading:

'The Warlock: Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel' by Michael Scott

Finished the 4th Book and now on to the fifth....soon Ill have the whole 6 book collection :awesome: :awesome:

15. Erinacchi

Erinacchi Kenkyuusei

No, I haven't, but I'll probably read it some day, maybe when summer vacation starts. Then I'll have time.

16. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah, It's about her how she struggled in life how she overcame the odds. (I'm just reading off the blurb XD) It's a really touching book that I cried again.. XD So I recommend people read it! <3

17. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I manage to finish this last night..
    [​IMG]
    Its an old book so 2008.. but really helpful. It got all those links and contact numbers if you wish to live and work in Japan.. which I just realized is not really for me. :fp:

The cost of living, as the book gives you almost specific COLA in Japan, is astronomical and lots of things to consider especially how you socialize with the neighbors and office mates.. which I hardly do, loner here. :^^;:

But its definitely a good book lots of specific things covered otherwise left out by other publication, I recommend this. :approve:

going back to Origin of Species or rather Idiot's Guide to Philosophy i'll decide later on...

18. theflush

theflush Kenkyuusei

Escape from Camp 14
    About a guy who was born in a North-Korean prison camp and eventually escaped.

Return to Rama
    Science fiction about group of astronauts exploring a giant alien spaceship. Written by Arthur C. Clarke

19. sekainoowari

sekainoowari Kenkyuusei

I finished Howl's Moving Castle a few weeks ago and now I'm reading the Hobbit (both in English)

but I need to read "On the Beach" from Nevil Shute for English-classes and "Der Verbrecher aus verlorener Ehre" (The Criminal of Lost Honour) from Schiller again for German-classes (I hate both books :cry: )

20. xBellax

xBellax Kenkyuusei

The Magician King by Lev Grossman
    New Scientist Magazine/Journal borrowed from the school ^^