1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

What's your Favorite Japanese 48/46 Group?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Jurinavenclaw, Jul 26, 2019.

?

What's your Favorite Japanese 48/46 Group?

1. AKB48

2. SKE48

3. NMB48

4. HKT48

5. NGT48

6. STU48

7. Nogizaka46

8. Keyakizaka46

9. Hinatazaka46

10. Yoshimotozaka46

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

1. Nogi (Just love them all)
    2. HKT
    3. NMB/Hinata (It's hard, since I enjoy Hinata's personalities, while I enjoy NMB's songs and stages the most)
    4. STU/AKB
    5. SKE/Keyakizaka (After Rena graduated, I somehow lost interest in SKE. Keyaki just lost to Hinata)
    6. NGT (the only girls I ever found likeable in this group were Hinata and Mahohon, so yeah. One to go, NGT)

• Like Like x 2
  2. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I'm kind of tied between AKB and Nogizaka, while I have a preference for AKB from the early stage albums up to about 2014 I still love them as a group and I respect their legacy, the fact that without them we wouldn't HAVE all this great music. I mean they're still really good, 56 singles on. 56!

Nogizaka on the other hand.... their music/variety shows/general vibe got me through some hard times a few years ago so I feel a sort of gratitude to them just for existing as a group.

I love both STU and Hinatazaka for their spirit, personalities, the songs are really uplifting, their variety is great. NGT's songs are really good and incredibly varied, but it's hard to detach that from. . . well, everything else.

So my ranking would be:

1. AKB (classic) / Nogizaka
    2. STU / Hinatazaka (with a preference for the Hiragana songs)
    3. NMB / AKB (2014-) / SKE (early stuff)
    4. SKE (post Matsui Rena) / HKT
    5. NGT

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    My rank:
    1. Nogizaka46
    2. AKB48
    3. Keyakizaka46
    4. Yoshimotozaka46

I wish Hinatazaka46 be back to HiraganaKeyaki's vibe. I don't like their singles' vibe, it just too generic.

I don't care with the rest of SG since Sakura left HKT48, Sayanee left NMB48, & the mess in NGT48.

4. Irish421

Irish421 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Asuka, Ikuchan, Maiyan, Mizuki
    For 48 group I choose
    AKB48 and HKT48

And for 46 group I will choose
    Nogizaka46
    Keyakizaka46
    Hinatazaka46

Well, I'm not quite following the other 48group.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. sungjong

sungjong Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina
    my current favorite is Keya. then Hinata and AKB.

• Like Like x 3
  6. owlzeyes

owlzeyes Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikuta, Sayanee, Ashurin
    right now
    1. Nogizaka46 (love their music and the members)
    2. Akb48 (have a soft spot for them since they're my gateway group.)
    3. Hinatazaka46 (they're new(ish) but their music has been great. i have a lot of b-sides from them. got to get to know more of the members tho.)
    4. Keyakizaka46 (been trying to get into their music. not really my taste but might change as I get deeper into their discography.)

sorry i don't really follow the akb48 sister groups. i check out their songs when they're recommended and thats pretty much it

• Like Like x 2
  7. John Jackson

John Jackson Kenkyuusei

1. Nogizaka 46 is my favorite. I love their beautiful and emotionally moving music with lovely harmonies, captivating acting in videos with marvelous uplifting and bittersweet stories, graceful and unusual dancing, and they also have a lot of engaging personalities. There is something classic about them that is rare and nostalgic in my opinion but they are also so beautiful, cut and fun as well. The best shift in image and sound I have ever seen in a group after the first couple of singles though I liked these songs too. I really like all members but my favorites are / were: Nanase Nishino, Nanami Hoshimoto, Erika Ikuta, Mai Shiraishi, Rina Akumi, Azuka Saito, Matsumura Sayuri and Wakatsuki Yumi. What a coincidence that my favorite member of my favorite Japanese group, Nanase Nishino, has the same family name as my favorite Japanese singer, Kana Nishino. Most of my favorites have already graduated which is kind of sad since I just started listening to them recently.
    2. AKB 48 They have started to really grow on me slowly at first but it accelerates with the passage of time. I really enjoy a wide variety of their songs, first of all their upbeat and groovy disco dance songs for example High Tension, and the 22nd and 23rd single, many edgy early songs like Majisuka Rock and Roll, the emo sound of Teacher Teacher. Kiboteki Refrain is one of my favorites especially since it has a great AKB48 line up along with two of my favorites, Rina Ikoma from Nogizaka46 and Jurina Matsui from SKE48.
    The energy, charisma and projection in their singing and dancing is exciting, but they also have a darker tone and a number of sensitive ballads. It's impressive the way they adapted the music of early Morning Musume and were the bridge to the next sensation of 46 and 48 groups by establishing the origin of the many different vocal and dance styles and even set the beautiful and stylish visual trends that branched off from them. Also after all this time, I enjoy their latest singles 56, 57 and 58.
    3. SKE48- I just started listening to them, but I am already really fond of their joyousness, energy, sincerity and beauty in their vocals and dancing, their engaging stage presence, and cute, sensitive and sentimental side. I like the groove, mood and smooth fluidity in their music from slower ballads, R and B, faster dance mix tracks with a dash of Japanese traditional mixed with rock licks and brass with wonderfully vibrant vocals. Like AKB 48 I see their influence on a lot of groups that came after them. For me, this is the most underrated group. They are outstanding live, so this is where they really shine.
    4. Keyikazaka48- I like a number of their songs because of the deeper darker vocal tone which is kind of unique and has high quality. I also enjoy their innovative choreography, and the use of some unusual spoken and rap elements.
    5.Hintazaka46 I enjoy a number of their songs like the ones on Sonna Kota Nai including the title track. Nice retro sound.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. luamos

luamos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina~SKE48 hako-oshi
    1. SKE48 (I didnt interest on ske48 but after Jurina became my oshi , i searched them and started loving their members: Dasu, Nao, Mina, Rena, Saechan, Egochan, Churi, kizaki yuria, oya masana, yagami kumi, kaotan, yukko, Ruuchan.. They have interesting musics. I loved their musics and they are best at stage presence and dance skills. So good!)
    2. NMB48 ( I started interest to them thanks to mirurun, I was only knew milky and sayanee before but didnt listen them, after p48 i loved mirurun and searched her and learned she is from nmb48 and listened their music. Their music and MVs are good. I loved them too)
    3. AKB48 (after all old gen members graduated and Jurina no more active on akb48, i lost my all interest to akb48 but still i love their all songs plus i have a few faves from new gen so.. Since my first group was akb, they still have a soft spot on my heart)

• Like Like x 1
  9. John Jackson

John Jackson Kenkyuusei

Forgot I had already posted.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  10. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

1. AKB48 - Their songs are great

2. NMB48 - They keep engaging me over and over

3. NGT48 - Rika man, so much potential, her alone got NGT on this spot. God I miss them, I legit hate Maho.

4. HKT48 - NAKO! Can’t wait until she is back.

5. Hinata - I don’t follow them closely, but I liked the songs I’ve heard, great center, don’t remember her name.

6. Keyaki/Sakura - I liked their songs, never really liked their previous center, so I didn’t get into the group. I still like their hits. Silent Majority is my workout Jam.

7. STU- I like a couple of songs. Their girls aren’t the prettiest. And i don’t seem to click with their fixed centers

8. SKE - Sorry but this group is full of uglies and weirdos. Except for Jurina, but I never really liked her, their songs aren’t great either so...

9. Nogi - I resent this group because they used 48s popularity to base their fandom even imposed an ugly kenin. Just can’t like them :/

10. Yoshiwho?

11. John Jackson

John Jackson Kenkyuusei

I agree that Nogizaka46 and AKB48 are clearly the top two for me, though it took me longer to warm up to AKB48 likely because I developed a strong attachment to Nogizaka46 which I heard a lot of music from first. However, both have really grown on me. While Nogizaka46 for me does the bittersweet friendship, tearjerker, mysterious and sophisticated songs better, AKB 48 does the high energy rock, disco, dance retro songs better and they both do the cute upbeat and nostalgic sound great with fabulous lush and honey-combed harmonies. I am torn a bit too between them too, so I would rather say that they are the Twin Peaks in what 48 and 46 groups can reach.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021