1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Whats your favourite Akbingo epsiode?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Janosch, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Janosch

Janosch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Asai Nanami
    I wanna rewatch some epsiodes.

2. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

All Old AKBINGO episode really fun but after they change the MC probbaly episode when they do Muchaburi dodgeball again and When myao be the MC really fun

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Personal fashion eps. Ones with Uematsu best.

4. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    It's hard to select favorites from those many episodes, but all the cooking stadium episodes (there are not too many of them) are really fun. I really like Missing48 too. Also, one of the early episodes where they show the talent of some of the members won't disappoint as well (just for the air ocarina alone). Of course, there are so many more, esp the ones involving muchaburi dodgeball, shoujiki shougi, kotoburger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Irish421

Irish421 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Asuka, Ikuchan, Maiyan, Mizuki
    I'll always rewatching the episode of lovey dovey couple episode of YuuNaa and Mogion and also the episode where the member of HKT member appeared. ☺️

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Peach Anmitsu

Peach Anmitsu Kenkyuusei

It is so hard to choose! Fashion (Takamina finally losing her bow and banana wear!), Muchaburi Dodgeball??

My top 3 have to be anything Inaba with Kasai (and Mayuyu! Especially when he returns for her goodbye episode), the secret girl who is not part of AKB dokkiri, and the fan quiz one where Amina participated. Honorable mention when Meetan was basically stuck on those slides and her challenge to sell her solo

7. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    I like re-watching the older episode where Bad Boys we're still the hosts. I's just so funny, but I'm not saying that Paradise and Matsumoto are not funny. I love the Shoujiki Shougi episodes, Phrase museum, Summer/Atumn/Winter/Spring Fashion episodes, Muchaburi Dodgeball episodes and Time Pressure! Burger Shop!! episodes

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Some of my favorites

The AKB48 and Young Women's Thoughts and Views Episodes (Really wish they were do another one of these).
    The Heart Warming True Stories Episodes (Tearjerker Episodes + The "Heart Warming" Story at the end). Still always loved Kyoto's face after Kojiharu's Story.
    Danso (Since My Kami-Oshi was the best at it). Still wish we got a Best of 7 between Mayuyu and Sae to see who was the best Danso Member.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bekti

Bekti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Hallowen cosplay last year its very funny

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. LxC280

LxC280 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Few episodes after Muramoto become MC..

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    To me the best episode ever was the Ohori Megumi 10,000 CD challenge, particularly the final episode. Although you would probably need to watch the episodes leading up to it to put it in context.

Some other episodes I really like...

Idoling!!! Bingo, when the idol group Idoling!!! invaded the studio.
    The episode where Acchan goes to visit some of the fans who bought her 1st photobook
    The "new rules for the future of AKBingo" especially the episode where they discuss the Bad Boys becoming too "nice"
    Any "fashion" episode or "danso" episode
    The episodes with the "imposter" member (iirc it was a palm reading episode)
    The hypnotism episode, where they turn Matsui Rena into Ken Shimura, Oshima Mai forgets who she is, and Acchan plays with a huge lizard.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Peach Anmitsu

Peach Anmitsu Kenkyuusei

Oh man how could I forget Danso??? Also good times.

And when Sata had to get his haircut and his wife appeared

13. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I wish I could recall which episodes they are but here it goes... I used the Wiki to find a few of the episodes
    • The one where they had to guess what songs regular people play on karaoke and Yuko was brave enough to choose AKB48, even though they were still quite unknown at the time
    • All the Battle Burger episodes (episodes 99, 100, 105, 107, 123, 125, 141, 145, 147, 156, 158, 163, 164, 265, 269, 285, 295, 297, 352 and 354)
    • AKB48 vs Matsui Jurina (would she get pie faced?!) (episode 78)
    • AKB48 vs Sata-san (where he'd have to cut his hair if he lost) (episodes 233, 234 and 235)
    • Tozen with Takamina asking the questions (episode 195)
    • The old fashion episodes, especially with Akimoto Sayaka, Miichan and Takamina because their fashion was always deemed horrible
    • The episode where they prank Akimoto Sayaka by making her eat super salty food because a little girl made them for her and said Sayaka was her oshi (but it was actually Acchan T_T)
    • Any episode where Kasai Tomomi is forced to eat awful food by Inaba (an AKBINGO! staff) because she's his oshimen (apparently episodes 106 and 108, according to the Muchaburi Dodgeball wiki. I'm pretty sure he returned in the 300s as well and Tano Yuka (?) became his new favourite victim)
    • Looking for the narrator's new oshiment after Yuko graduated (episodes 283 and 284)
    • The very first 0ji 59fun episodes, where they MCs (back then, they were three guys) were trying to find oshimen. Especially the Up Up Quiz, where Ohori Megumi shows a questionable pose, but does really well and gains loads of popularity (episode 1 and 2)
    • Shinoda Mariko's Phrase Museum (episode 51)
    • Muchaburi dodgeball with the 12th gen (Takahashi Juri, Tano Yuka and Iwata Karen were super expressive on the show). They joined in 2011 so any Muchaburi after 236 especially)
    • Nito Moeno's legendary face paint during Muchaburi Dodgeball (episode 69 or 71. It was a Muchaburi episode in February 2010. I think rather 69 but could be wrong)
    • Nishino Miki guessing what's in the box* (it's a fluffy dog) (episode 262)
    • New Year dokkiri where they place a completely random girl into the Lucky Girl Ranking recording and nobody notices she isn't actually a member of the group (I believe it must have been the one from episodes 116 and 117)
    • Team A vs Team K Jump Rope battle (episode 37)
    • AKVegas in combination with Kuramochi meeting Kobashi Kenta (episodes 27, 28 and 46). If you know who he is, you will also notice him in the Koi Suru Fortune Cookie video, which makes it even greater
    • The Minegishi Minami backflip challenge where she tried to do something to hype up No Sleeves' release (episodes 60-62)
    • The Kojima Haruna table cloth challenge (also for No Sleeves) (episodes 79, 80 and 82)
    • The Fat Suit competition. God bless Kojima Haruna (episode 139)
    • Ikemen High School. Shinoda was brilliant and that friendship (even if scripted) Oya Shizuka had with one of the guest stars was amazing (episodes 149, 151, 165 and 170)
    • The episode where they pretended Takamina was getting married and wrote her super heart felt letters (either episode 174, 176, 201 or 203. I don't remember which one was the Takamina one but the others weren't bad either)
    • AKB Calligraphy. Kojiharu was always shown as an airhead, and she was, but when she drew Nyan Nyan on her calligraphy sheet because it makes her happy when people call her that, I melted a little (episodes 191 and 192)
    • Especially looking back now, the "How majime is Okada Nana?" episodes (episodes 266, 267 and 268). They did draw it out a bit, what with going 3 episodes about Naachan, but it showed some nice Three Musketeer things
    • This is a bit biased, but the second auditions for THE WIZ. Mostly because my oshimen, Tano Yuka, got the role (alongside someone else~) (episodes 305, 306, 313 and 314)
    • The Love Song Making contest. This one made me fall in love with Komiyama Haruka (episode 317). They had a second episode with that theme if you like that (episode 326)
    • If you've started liking the Bad Boys, I definitely recommend watching their last episodes (episodes 394 and 395)
    • Mayuyu vs Yukirin – nice to see some old and familiar faces back on the show after they've been too busy for Bingo for so long ;_; (episodes 408 and 409)
    • The Moe Battle and Kyun Grand Prix episodes as they show you how cute the girls can be (episodes 276, 277, 427, 428, 452, 453, 479, 480, 526, 527 and 528)
    • Family Love Song Challenge is also very nice again because we get to see some members' family members perform a song with them (episodes 456, 457 and 458)
    • Miyazaki Miho's Variety Training, when she shows the girls how it was done in the old days (episodes 537 and 538)
    • If you like a particular popular member, their graduation specials will surely be nice to watch
      • Oshima Mai: episodes 30, 32, 33 and 34
      • Maeda Atsuko: episode 202
      • Shinoda Mariko: episode 249
      • Takahashi Minami: episode 383 (and a performance of Sakura no Hanabiratachi from her grad concert in 384)
      • Shimazaki Haruka: episode 422 and 446
      • Kojima Haruna: episode 430 (and a performance of Yuuhi wo Miteiruka? from her grad concert in 438)
      • Kizaki Yuria: episode 446 (shared with Paruru)
      • Tanabe Miku: episde 448
      • Watanabe Mayu: episode 473
      • Sashihara Rino: only a performance of Watashi Datte Idol! from her grad concert in 540
    * Nishino Miki and the dog was a Buzzfeed video my Buzzfeed-obsessed friend sent me because she knew I was interested in Japan. I started watching the show and only THEN realised eventually what AKB48 was. Nishino Miki is the reason I became a fan in the first place lol.

TL;DR
    • 0ji 59fun: Episodes 1 and 2
    • AKBINGO: Episodes 27, 28, 30, 32, 33, 34, 36, 37, 51, 60, 61, 62, 69, 71, 78, 79, 80, 82, 99, 100, 105, 106, 107, 108, 116, 117, 123, 125, 129, 141, 147, 149, 151, 156, 158, 163, 164, 165, 170, 174, 176, 191, 192, 201, 202, 203, 233, 234, 235, 236, 249, 262, 265, 266, 267, 277, 283, 284, 285, 295, 297, 305, 306, 313, 314, 317, 326, 352, 354, 383, 384, 394, 395, 408, 409, 422, 427, 428, 430, 438, 446, 448, 452, 453, 456, 457, 458, 473, 479, 480, 526, 527, 528, 540
    @Lusankya is very well versed in AKBINGO as well, and surely has something to add as well :^^;: Maybe he knows which episodes I'm missing (the cursive ones). Especially if anyone knew what episode my first point was from, I'd be reaaaaaally grateful. I've been wanting to watch this part again in ages but don't know which episode it is :(
    Also, I may not be 100% correct. I used the wiki a lot to figure out which episodes these were and might be wrong.

• Like Like x 4
  14. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    @bonjourmarlene I believe it's bingo ep 22 for Yuko picking AKB.

I have a ton of faves, but I think your list covers almost all of them! I can post my list later though.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Yes, that's the one. No wonder I couldn't find it immediately as the title doesn't have the clueless girl part in it on the master list.

For the fashion show episodes, there were a lot, but episode 39 is the first one and Minegishi, Takamina and Sayaka all appear there. The one with Sayaka and the salty food is episode 14, the new year dokkiri.

Btw. I hope you don't mind if I just repost my top 50 from the AKBingo thread. Looks like many here missed it.

• 50. I'm not a nonathletic person! Takada-san fell down! (AKB 1ji 59fun ep. 10) They managed to cramp two games into one episode. First there is an award show to find which member is the most XYZ character, the second half is a cool variation of the Daruma-san ga koronda game.
    • 49. "We want to appear more on AKBingo!" urgent meeting (327, 328) I liked this episode especially in hindsight, because it was interesting to check which of the members there actually managed to appear more on AKBingo afterwards. E.g. Megu was a big success, while some members rarely appeared after this one.
    • 48. Meet up with AKB (365, 366) I think this was one of the most interesting slice of life episodes. Several members were followed with hidden cameras when they tried to set up meetings with other members for lunch. While it wasn't a dokkiri there were a lot of funny moments.
    • 47. Who is The Next Idol Announcer? ~ Announcer Championship (440, 441) This was way more fun than I expected based on the title of the episodes. The members they chose for this segment were really good and came up with a lot of good stuff themselves. But Muramoto also had some great interactions with them plus the interviews with the weird types of celebs was really cool.
    • 46. Matsui Jurina vs 10 Assassins (78, 79) I have no strong feelings for Jurina one way or the other, so I guess that's why it's not higher up in my list. The 10 "assassins" were usually the weakest members you could find for each game, so the overall outcome was no surprise.
    • 45. Let's roast the bad seniors! Quiz AKB48 Ginaazu! (303, 304) To be honest I absolutely loved the dorky girl who played the role of the new members, so I just can't not include this episode. [hehe] It was also quite fun, because even if you're not an expert it's still easy to take guesses in this quiz as a viewer. On top of that they revealed quite some interesting and funny stuff.
    • 44. AKB48 Next Generation - Next Leader Battle (244) I love these generations, so most of their introduction episodes were really good imho. In this one they tried to show who has the potential to become the next leader. The evaluation of their answers was great and I loved how they tried to "cheer up" a sad Mayuyu (who was the invited guest even though it was not about her role again). :^O^:
    • 43. Same Generation Members Serious Debate (463) Well, the debates weren't super serious, but a lot of fun instead. Taguchi Manaka had some savage comments and Chiba Erii makes her grand debut. Overall the 2nd Draft Gen is really great as it showed here.
    • 42. Missing48 (10, 11) The Missing48 episodes were always good, but I think I have to single out these two where they played against the Bad Boys and a comedy duo (sorry forgot their names) which included the guy from the Impossibru! meme. The members really dissed them a lot and on top of it these episodes also included Fast WOrd Battle and Find the real thing parts.
    • 41. AKB48 vs SKE48 - Bond Battle! (160-162) Three episode special with the guests from SKE. The most interesting part was, that they used a lot of original games they would never do again. Also SKE is great so this was an easy pick.
    • 40. She's a good girl, isn't she?~ SP (508, 509) I really love the idea behind these episodes to give an entire recording session to all those great girls who ranked out (including Yukirin, who technically also "ranked out" by not participating). Here we get to learn all those interesting tidbits about them and they got the chance to win one of three golden cushions which in turn guaranteed a seat for one AKBingo season. One of three winners made very good use of it. [hehe]
    • 39. AKBeginner (128-131) After around three years these four episodes marked the first time the original generations took a step back and they introduced a lot of upcoming girls (e.g. Oba Mina, Shimada Haruka) from the newer generations. Some of them already appeared in earlier episodes, but here many of them got real introductions by showcasing their talents and doing a lot of different games. Their objective was to match or exceed the average viewership numbers their senpais got over the previous season.
    • 38. All 48-groups Staffs are Seeing! (476) Now this is what I want to see when they already have all the sister groups in the studio. Similar to episode 425 (also highly recommended) the members were not just present for Kyun or LGR, but instead were confronted by stories from the different staff members of all sister groups. Interesting stories all around matched by the funny banter of the girls made this one of my favorite episodes with the all sister groups cast.
    • 37. AKB48 Next Generation - Actress Battle (245, 246) They had quite a few actress battles in the history of AKBingo, but this one is my favorite. One reason is of course the inclusion of my beloved 12-14th gen members, but also a big part is the guest they were challenging, a famous director! Sai Youichi did a superb job by doing serious guesswork while being quite relaxed and really funny. In addition Kitahara did some great comedy relieve as the "aspiring actress" guest.
    • 36. Girlfriend Queen Battle (410) Usually I am not a big fan when they act out fake romances, but here there was no romance at all. Instead they have to ad-lib different situations with horrible boyfriends. In the first half their date is not only super late for a lazy reason, but also gives them horrible presents and will act super cheap (as instructed by Muramoto). The reactions by the different members ranged from funny to cute to weird. Second part gets even better with a really salty Mayuyu and hilarious Miki. To cite Muramoto "Break up with her!" :^O^:
    • 35. Cooking Stadium (48, 49) They did quite some cooking episodes, but I think these two with Audrey are the best. I really like Audrey and imho they were the funniest guests plus the cooking is quite bad. Although if you're in for some really, really bad cooking check out the very first Cooking Stadium episode. Looking back it's funny that during this time Sasshi was already a regular on the show, but basically just as a noname extra. You really need to look out for her.
    • 34. Yankee Race (109, 112) Kinda sad they only ever did this two times. In a yankee seeting they did a game of chicken and tried to get as close to a pool full of flour as possible. To get there they chose from a board of categories and hoped to get good numbers to quickly reach the end without overshooting. I still remember the scene were Yuko called her home in the hope of her family answering after only a few rings.
    • 33. In Charge of Variety Members Audition (450, 451)Izuta was leaving to BNK48 so she and Chiyori looked for a successor for team variety. In a separate room they watched the rest of members getting pranked as well as them doing a fake show where they were supposed to do horrible fan requests and evaluated who would become a new member of the noble club who sits on the far right in the third row.
    • 32. Thorough inspection! How serious is Okada Nana!? (266-268) When I initially saw the title of these episodes I assumed it was going to be boring, after all how can three episodes about just one member be super fun? Well, I was wrong. It's not only super fun, it is really awesome. It's not only about Nana as well, but also about the other members of her generation and they have some great dokkiris and situations.
    • 31. AKB48 French Lessons (40, 43, 45) A lot of AKB members visited Paris for a concert so they decided to give them some French lessons. In everyday situations groups of 3-4 members were asked questions in French and they had to choose between three possible answers. The correct answer just lead to the desired outcome while a wrong answer usually resulted in something nasty. It was really fun to see how they tried to make educated guesses and some members actually showed a good perception by recognizing phrases from earlier questions.
    • 30. New MC Appearance SP (396) I mainly included this because it marked a new era for AKBingo as Bad Boys left the show after more than eight years and they introduced the new hosts Woman Rush Hour. In this special the members didn't know who their new hosts was going to be and Muramoto was messing with them over the speakers. Imho they did a really good job in setting up his character and it was overall a very funny episode.
    • 29. Popularity High & Low (196, 197) Another concept I wish they could repeat. For this game all the kouhais ranked 5 senpai members in several categories. The senpais had to take guesses whether they were in the top two or bottom two after they revealed the middle member. It was interesting because as a viewer you could easily participate as well and often times the commentary of the kouhai members why they chose a specific senpai was hilarious.
    • 28. Uchi no Gaya ga Sumimasen Audition (466) Here around 25 members I think had the opportunity to participate in the recording of a Uchi no Gaya ga Sumimasen episode, however they had too many members in the studio so WRH did an audition to weed out the excess members. As always when Muramoto does this he used entirely subjective criteria and eliminated members for all weird reasons. Especially funny is how he decided to eliminate Yamabe Ayu and how she was so heartbroken after the episode ended.
    • 27. Mayuyu vs Yukirin, Strongest Idol Battle (408, 409) Mayuyu and Yukirin each brought their own club of rabid fangirls and battled it out in a talk and in a game segment. The talking part quickly deteriorated into who could come up with the most sneaky insults. The game segment totally escalated in the end as narrator Iwami was heavily favoring one side above the other, but I don't want to go into anything specific. Two really good episodes.
    • 26. AKB48 Next Generation - Dokkiri (242, 243) Oh, it's some more Next Generation episodes. :^^;: These are probably my favorite introduction episodes for Gen 12-14 as they had some really good dokkiris here. The one with the water dispenser was by far my favorite one as each member had a unique and fun way to deal with it.
    • 25. Nihongo Nadeshiko Battle (510, 511) I already praised the episodes where they introduced members who ranked out and here it's even better as the same member get to participate in the Nihongo Nadeshiko Battle. Even though the games are based around the Japanese language it's actually easy to understand with subtitles and a blast to watch. I am super stoked to see they bring back these type of games in the upcoming episode(s).
    • 24. Looking for Narrator Iwami's new Oshimen! (283, 284) As Oshima Yuko graduated they had this special to find Iwami's new oshimen among the members of the newest generations. They used a lot of games for the first time in this segment and I was glad the member who won is personal favorite of mine. I only spoil that she is/was a regular in AKBingo for very good reasons. :1st: Of course at this point I also want to include the original Oshimen episodes 110 & 111, where the members do more direct battles. Unforgetten Yuko's Russian Roulette game with a balloon gun.
    • 23. Punishment Game Buzzer Quiz (347, 348) This was an easy game. One at a time they described a punishment game they used on the show before and the members had to guess which one it was. The winning member got to turn the wheel of doom which had the pictures of the opposing team on it and the chosen member had to endure the punishment in question. All six episodes were great, but I think my favorite ones were the last two.
    • 22. Moe Cosplay (AKB 0ji 59fun ep.9, 10). Now this was my favorite type of Moe/Kyun episodes. In this version members cosplayed as various cute or sexy characters and tried to kyun 5 random guests. However they only cleared if the pulse rate of each guest would go above a certain threshold and the lamps on their head lit up. If they failed they had to go on a "date" with special guest Ijiri Okada as a punishment and these scenes were hilarious. I think it was the first two episodes that had this notorious old guy as one of the guests and he would only every light up for very specific kyun moments. But definitely check out all of these episodes.
    • 21. Shoujiki Shogi (53) "Why is this so low?" you're probably asking now. But please let me explain my reasoning. First of all I of course love Shoujiki Shogi as I love all entries in this list, however when I came up with the list I realized I didn't remember any specific highlight from this segment (probably only Mayuyu who refused to give back Sasshi's DS game). In addition I don't like how each episode only really highlighted 3 members per match for a total of usually 6 members per episode while the other ones had more or less nothing to do while sitting in the background. In this regard I prefer Bucchake Baseball which involves many more members per episode. I recommend episode 53 as it includes my favorite participant Mayuyu and it also has the 48 Second Sentai AKRanger segment plus Phrase Museum. As a final note I want to add that a lot of the higher ranked stuff in the next update only really works out because they were unique concepts.
    [​IMG]
    • 20. Fat Suit Competition (139) Now this is an iconic episode I guess many of you saw in a lot of Youtube highlights. As the name suggests the girls are stuffed into "Fat Suits" and need to compete against each other in different games. A highlight for me was always the pantomime game with Miichn doing the newborn deer.
    [​IMG]
    • 19. New Year Dokkiris (116, 117) Ah, the famous new year pranks. Sadly they could only do a handful of them as soon the members couldn't be fooled anymore, but we got some nice ones in 2009, 2011 and 2013. My favorite one is probably the double episode special from 2011 where they pretended the Bad Boys would graduate, Kitahara had to nickname a profusely sweating Uno-director, and Yukirin had to fake react.
    [​IMG]
    • 18. No. 1 Synchronization match! Bond athletic match! (257, 258) My favorite gens battled it out against each other and the Variety All-Stars team. They compete in different physical activities and despite the raw power advantage of the senpai team it was a close run until the last match. My favorite discipline was the 5m dash where they used slow-motion to determine the winner.
    [​IMG]
    • 17 . Photo Card Battle (137) I love this fun little game. While it also only basically features two members per episode it's a great game for the viewers as they can take guesses as well. Here the staff chose 5 random social media pictures of each participant and they need to guess which one best describes a certain category as voted on by fans. The highlighted episode is the one with Miichan as she probably had the worst luck out of any contestant.
    [​IMG]
    • 16. Foreign TV Drama Seiyuu Audition (461) Oh dear, what an episode. Now the actual theme is not that strong, it's an audition for a voice acting role of a British drama series. But seriously the interviews in the first episode are one of the funniest scenes I ever saw on AKBingo. Highlight being the group of Komiharu, Juri, Kitahara, and Rin. There especially Juri's hilarious rap part and Rin's reaction to it (see preview image). The other groups are great as well, e.g. the strict interviewer messing with Kii-chan by following Muramoto's instructions to diss her and praise Yui for nothing.
    [​IMG]
    • 15. Of Course is the Answer - Tozen (238, 259) Now of course I would include Tozen. In this game one member was the dealer and asked question to the five participants about their shared past. Wrong answer means the participant got cream blasted into their face while three wrong answers meant the dealer would get a double blast. It was difficult to decide which episode to choose and in the end I think 238 is probably the most iconic as Mayuyu tried to avoid her first cream to the face. Although I love the members from 259 and think this was the funniest Tozen episode.
    [​IMG]
    • 14. Answer and endure! Up Up Quiz! (AKB 0ji 59fun ep. 1, 2) This was probably one of the first famous games they had in the beginning of the show (or rather the predecessor). The quiz part is already fun as the members mess up quite often, but with each wrong answer the ramp is raised more and more. It's great to see the girls struggling to hold their grip and of course there will be a "malfunction".
    [​IMG]
    • 13. Halloween Special 2017 (464, 465) Originally I was a little bit disappointed in the 2017 special and preferred the 2016 one, but now I have rewatched it countless times, found a lot of funny faces and just love it. Erina's and Rin's costume is the best one so far, the basketball competition is amazing and freaking peapod Seina gets me all the time.
    [​IMG]
    • 12. AKB48 Senior vs Team 8 Request Game Battle (388, 389) After their introduction special in late 2014, these are the first real team 8 episodes, where they had to battle their seniors in a bunch of variety games. Some people think team 8 is full of "tryhards", but in this episode the senpais still seemed to have the upper hand. Unforgotten the "Kojima blew it" incident. [hehe]
    [​IMG]
    • 11. Serious Battle for The Sweets (401) I just love Muramoto's character in this one; mean, unfair, narcisstic, hentai, pathetic, bad loser. I am so glad he is basically not holding back and upsets the members so much. A great combination of comedy and a lot of small, fun games, it's hard to point out highlights as the whole episode is like one big highlight. If I had to single out one scene then it'd be the ferocious battle with Saho. :explode:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    • 10. AKB One Week Challenge (417, 418) This is like a gold mine. You keep on watching and dig out jokes, after jokes after jokes. Not only is Muramoto on top of his game the girls also brutally deliver great comebacks, which is why this entry is the only one apart from the top 3 to get two preview images (one for Muramoto, one for the girls). Ok, what is this about? In these two episodes 8 members each tried to master one specific task over the course of one week and presented it on the show. I already liked the theme of the episode, but the execution makes it one of the funniest I have ever seen. Members disgusted? Check. Members outraged? Check. Members crying? Check. Members sarcastic? Check. Members giving up? Check. This getting into the top 10? Check.
    [​IMG]
    • 9. Battle Burger Shop (295, 297) I know many fans like Shogi more than BBS, but personally for me it's the other way around and I always loved the battle of the fast food joints. In this long running game series the members basically play a variation of the boardgame "Activity" and try to explain and draw specific terms with one member trying to guess what they meant. It was really difficult to decide which episodes to choose as I really like them all, but in the end I decided on some of the later ones, because it featured my favorite gens as well as the famous "she sang it" scene. Plus there are tons of other cool scenes. Of course watching any Battle Burger Shop episode is always awesome as personally I just love when the members draw. Btw. the Kiyotucky jingle is the best piece of music in the entire series.
    [​IMG]
    • 8. A normal center is no good (307, 308) While a normal center is indeed no good this is far from being a normal episode. In this original game it's all about creating memories which only works out by either setting a record and winning or by totally failing and losing. In each game 4 members are supposed to show their star qualities and create memories by not finishing on the "normal" 3rd rank. To help with this they're joined by normal girls, they randomly picked up from the streets. After all these commoners should always finish in the middle, right? Well, obviously it won't be that easy for our girls, so look forward to these two awesome episodes.
    [​IMG]
    • 7. Exposing Real Personality - Kashiwagi & Takahashi Dokkiri Quiz (84) This is my favorite Dokkiri episode. I don't care whether it's fake or not this is just great all around, especially the second one. Considering Yuko is now an actress she should be ashamed how she pretended to "accidentally" break the guitar by basically just throwing it to the ground. [hehe] Takamina's reactions were just genius. Her super disgusted face, when that "bastard traitor" Yuko blamed her, or her speech at the end. A must watch episode.
    [​IMG]
    • 6. Bucchake Baseball (522, 523) Ok, it didn't make my top 3 in the end, but considering how new it is that's a great ranking for Bucchake Baseball. I don't think I have to explain the setting for this one, but in my opinion it's similar to Shoujiki Shogi, but even better. I am generally a big fan when we can get laughs from the members and from the hosts and this format just delivers as the members obviously come up with funny stories while Muramoto is not just moderating but actively judging. I really hope they pick up this format again and do more recordings
    [​IMG]
    • 5. Cosplay Race, Who is the No.1 member? AKVegas (103) My favorite aspect of AKVegas is that it's games inside a game. So here we have different teams who each try to predict which member will win and they get points for correct answers. This segment featured a lot of different games and countless memorable scenes, e.g. Mad Dog Miyazaki, Nun Miichan, or feeding the "babies". The highlight I chose here is from episode 103 which featured one of the Cosplay Races. In this one we saw the sad story of poor Mayu who was picked by nobody, but who would have come from behind to win it all if it weren't for the meddling iNaBA-san! The real loser is Takamina in her ape costume, though. [hehe]
    [​IMG]
    • 4. Program's Cast Rights Colosseum (412) I have stopped counting how often I watched the Cream Puff Gate segment of this episode. This is hilarious in so many ways and the more I watched the more I realized how messed up the editing is. The order is all over the place and it doesn't even make sense to edit it that way as it would have worked in the original order. Best thing about this episode is that it gave rise to Rin, who came back from the blown call of the century to win it all (sorry, spoilers). She took the chance the golden cushion provided her and is now a variety queen and one of the elite members of AKBingo, part of the holy trinity as I call it.
    :3rd:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    • 3. Ultra Idiot Quiz (255, 256) This is the best quiz they ever had on the show. Mocchi is a brilliant guest and for each question her task is to choose one of the twelve idiot members to answer it. The catch is that she can only choose each member one time, so she needs to find the least stupid members for each question while having a smaller selection every time. Just for this show they have build a cream cannon in form of a tank which will advance step by step for each wrong answer. These are two must watch episodes and I seriously wish they would revive this game for the show.
    :2nd:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    • 2. Muchaburi Dodgeball (336, 337) "How is this not No. 1!? I don't understand!" There is just one reason why the juggernaut of the show, the best game which is featured in more than 30 episodes is not on rank 1: The episode on rank one just can't not be there. I will explain it once revealed. Ok, back to Dodgeball. Everyone who knows AKBingo just in the slightest has seen (parts of) this game, it's awesome, it's great and one of the best things to happen to mankind. Took me forever to find a highlight, but in the end I settled with the scene that is famous around the world: "Blowing cicadas". It's featured for the first time in episode 337, but they also had many more cool Muchaburis in these two episodes like the one with the comedian. It also featured a lot of cool members, e.g. Mogi "Lady Dodge-a-lot" Shinobu, Monster Shimada and the team 8 girls in their first dodgeball episodes.
    :1st:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Yayyy, it's YuiYui! Watch every episode in which she appears. :1st:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    • 1. Super variety game battle (262, 263) Best episodes ever! They're the reason why I discovered AKBingo and therefore AKB48 for myself as the first thing I watched of it was a clip from a "Funny Japanese game show" someone posted in an online forum I am active in. The clip was the scene with Nishino Miki who completely freaked out during the "What's in the box" game. I only later found out it's from a show called AKBingo and watched more and more highlight clips on YT before I decided to bingewatch the entire series. Yeah, there was just no way I wouldn't put this as my number one as I wouldn't be here without it. So what are these two episodes about? The young members are pitched against their senpais in many classic variety games to learn from them. There are a lot of great moments and it features the best of old and new members (from that time). If I were to make a top 50 highlights from AKBingo these two episodes probably would be featured five or more times as they just have so much funny stuff to offer.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 4
  16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    BLESS YOU :worthy: That is downloaded right now.

Also, thank you as always :1st: You are the true MVP.

EDIT: I watched Episode 22. The comment made by the narrator made me smile; it truly was remembered for a very long time (at least by us 3).
    Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 21.jpg

17. rmn89

rmn89 Member

i was also looking for great episodes from the good old days.

seems like their attempt to make us feel all nostalgic paid off.

18. chaloner

chaloner Kenkyuusei

:^^;:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  19. soluuloi

soluuloi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    The one where Sae and Akimoto have a jump contest. It's the most intense episode I have watched to that point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    During Akimoto Sayaka's graduation special, they do list that one as one of Sayaka's most memorable moments as well. I have to agree